Linda
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty11/01/12, 09:45 pm

Ok I didn't eat yoghurt again yesterday and I lost another .2. Total 2.2.

I won't write a food diary as it is much the same name. Getting a bit bored I must say.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 11:01 pm

Did anyone notice I didn't eat yoghurt yesterday and I lost weight.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 10:22 pm

Yeah that may be the way to go.
thanks Losingit. It could be quicker than trying to get them out.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 10:17 pm

I have one of those silicone muffin trays and never use it. I did many years ago, but for some reason I wasn't impressed - can't remember why now. Why not just use a paper cup inside the muffin tray?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 09:45 pm

The muffins were super nice. Very light but filling. There is no way I could eat 2 in one sitting even though they are small. I scoffed one and then remembered the lap band. It sat very hard and I had memories of the doughnut incident in Phuket a couple of years ago. They were also very hard to get out of the tin even though I greased it. Has anyone used those silicone things? Do they work?

Good news today. The scale gods looked down on me and said I had waited long enough. I lost .2 which takes me to 2kgs off. I don't lose weight easily so I am really happy with that. Of course I want more but I am not feeling hard done by. Yesterday I wasn't even hungry for breakfast. Maybe it was because I ate yoghurt and bran at 11.30pm at night after bridge.

Brunch scrambled egg with mushrooms, tomato and spring onion.

Snack boiled egg

cup of tea & 1 muffin

Dinner chicken tangine with zucchini and pumpkin. I drank the stock instead of soaking it in cous cous.

Snack cup of skim milk cocoa and a muffin
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 09:35 pm

Hi Debs yes the oatbran is for fibre. Dr D found that people were constipated on the diet when he first started. You just add the jelly crystals to the yoghurt by taset. So if you have a small bowl you just sprinkle some on until it is sweet enough. People on some forums are talking about making the jelly with half skim milk and water and having it as jelly. I really don't like jelly so I won't be making it up.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 11:35 am

Linda can i ask what the all the oatbran is about? Is it supposed to aid weightloss or is it about the fibre? When you add the diet jelly to yogurt do you just add the crystals or disolve it it first then add it? I've never tried it before.
Sounds like you are doing great! Good on you!

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty10/01/12, 02:20 am

Well I just made some oatbran muffins. They smell divine if I do say. They need
to cool in the tin. The mixture tasted noice. If I have 2 of those a day it uses
up 1 1/2 tablespoons of oatbran. I am meant to have 2 tablespoons daily. I used
Dr Dukans recipe but used a whole small egg in place of 3 egg whites. I made 12
so tripled the recipe. I can give the recipe if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty09/01/12, 10:59 pm

Todays result. Stayed the same again. It flashed .1 loss and then settled back on the usual. I know it is close. I can feel it. I feel great anyway so the scales can get stuffed. Alan lost .6. So his total loss is 1.7 as against my 1.8. It is interesting to watch the scales go up the next day after he has been drinking wine. Also he is having cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch and last night had toasted sandwiches and and did I say he lost .6!!!!!! CRAP

Breakfast poached egg on slice smoked salmon YUM

Lunch chicken and egg (usual with caviar YUM) mayo

Dinner 1 1/2 veal and pork rissoles and mayo

Snack low fat yoghurt 2 tablespoons bran.

I am making a chicken tangine tonight and it will be hard to not have it with cous cous. That is the best part LOL

I have walked every day and it is definitely helping with the rocking. I only started yesterday when I did the ironing. Any sort of sideways movement like wiping, ironing etc sets it off.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty09/01/12, 10:27 pm

Thanks ladies.

I usually eat yoghurt as a filler between meals. At the moment it is mainly to get the oatbran in. When I have been making the mayo I used pot set jalna non fat and it is nice. I had a look last night and ended up buying a 2kg tub of jalna greek style yoghurt non fat. It seemed the best value. Great minds zips I also bought some diet jelly to flavour it myself. I bought splenda and baking powder and non fat milk powder. My baking powder was out of date. I will try some muffin recipes. I also found some egg whites but again they were in a big container like in coles. You have to use it within a week (frozen) and it contains 29 egg whites. I am sure I remember when they used to sell them in sachets? Am I getting forgetful? Maybe they are so big now for all the body builders. Who knows I just know I am never going to use 29 egg whites in one week. I couldn't even find a price for them but they were expensive in coles. I would rather eat the whole egg quite frankly.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty09/01/12, 06:42 am

I have my phases with yoghurt. I absolutely love the Jalna vanilla reduced fat yoghurt. If I could live on a couple of things only, it would have to include dairy. Custard, yoghurt and milk. I try to steer clear of them most of the time, because once I start there isn't too much stopping me. Could easily consume a litre of custard in a sitting! Maybe that explains a bit about me.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty09/01/12, 06:29 am

I dont like yogurt so its no issue for me I just dont eat it...buuut what about a no fat plain yogurt and add some sugar free flavoured jelly... I read a site somewhere that says to do that ...cant remember where... perhaps buy a big tub of no fat plain and flavour it with some strawberry diet jelly..
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty09/01/12, 04:22 am

Linda I just did a quick google search, and it says Tamar Valley makes a 99.8% fat free yoghurt, with NO added sugar. I recall years ago when I looked for low fat yoghurt, they all seemed to make up for the lack of fat by packing it with sugar . . . . . very frustrating! It appears the Tamar Valley (from Tassie) variety only comes in natural flavour.

Yoplait Forme also have a no fat yoghurt, but it has "less than 1% sugar", perhaps better than some other offerings.

Jalna also make a fat free (natural flavour) with no cane sugar and no artificial sweeteners.

I have always found the Jalna yoghurts much nicer than any other, but have not tried the fat-free variety.

Good luck.

Sounds like you ladies are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty09/01/12, 01:31 am

I had another read of the book and it is definitely non fat dairy. It is really hard to find in australia. I found this on another site.

Dairy!

Ideally dairy products should be 0% fat, but up to 2% is allowed as long as it has no added sugar.

Dairy should also be kept down to a total of 1kg per day.

All the low fat yoghurts I have have added sugar.

I also now have a chocolate oatbran muffin recipe, an ordinary oatbran muffin and some oatbran biscuits recipes. I need to buy some ingredients so will do so on the way home from bridge tonights.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty08/01/12, 10:57 pm

I stayed the same again. I am going to have to look into low fat yoghurt. I think I have bought some with too much sugar. Sure it is low fat but a lot of carbs. I accidently bought one with bits of fruit in it and that slows weight loss. One dukan site says low fat up to 5% but I think the official site says to add your own sweetners. I will read up on it and let you know. I am hoping that maybe I will just do a big drop like after the second day last week.

Breakfast mushrooms with an egg on top

Lunch 2 salmon patties with half an eggplant (left over)

Snack low fat yoghurt

Dinner chicken breast marinated in non fat yoghurt with tandoori paste. Cooked on the bbq. Spinach steamed.

Snack low fat yoghurt with 2 tablespoons oat bran.

I am a bit bored but if I don't stick to it what else am I going to do. Pretty chuffed to say I have had a week without wine. It is about a year since I said that! I just have to remember that in the first week last year I lost .6, this year I have lost 1.8. I think the yoghurt is stuffing me up. I am consuming more of it. In fact the fruit one that I bought on Thursday is all gone. That was 1kg tub. They say you can consume up to 1kg a day of non fat dairy. It is pretty hard to find non fat dairy I must say. I am fine with the non fat for dressings but it is the snack that I need. I will look into making something nice with the oatbran. I only have it in yoghurt to get it down. If I could have a treat with it and a cup of tea that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty08/01/12, 10:22 pm

Hi Zips

This is what they say about beverages

You can drink coffee and tea (iced and hot). You can also drink milk and
other dairy beverages provided they are fat free and low in sugar and
carbohydrates. You can have diet beverages and sodas (no-calorie,
sugar-free, and limited to a can per day). You can also have sparkling
water, seltzer, or club soda.

Not sure what club soda is.

Good to start fresh today. You will be fine after a couplke of days.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty08/01/12, 07:42 pm

Hi Linda... I am back... sorry but I went away and couldnt post. I did try to continue with the diet while away but we are talking about me and I am afraid that after 24 hours I unravelled at the seams so I am starting from scratch today.

On the up side on the 3 days I was on the straight and narrow I was able to lose 1.5 kilos, mostly water I suspect because I piddled like a race horse for first 2 days. I dont want to weigh myself right now because I can feel the puffyness and if I did and the news was bad I would get all defeatist so I will simply get back on the wagon and do it for a week then see what happens.

Can you tell me if soda water is acceptable on the initial stage Linda. I quite often feel like a hit of something fizzy lately and I love plain soda water chilled with ice... I like it with vodka and a wedge of lime too but I wont push my luck.. the plain soda water is just as refreshing and Im not sure if I am allowed to have it
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty08/01/12, 02:36 pm

I am watching how you go Linda.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty07/01/12, 11:31 pm

Nothing much to report. I stayed the same. I have worked out the time frame of weight loss. I should now lose .9 a week until 29 May 2012. So I guess I will take my weekly weigh in from Friday when I started the cruise phase. Dr Dukan says to weigh daily as it gives inspiration. I don't get inspired from staying the same. Sorry about that! I think I will weigh on the days I have been up in the night to go to the loo. That is always a good sign.

Breakfast poached egg on half slice ham

Lunch chicken, mayo (I will call it mayo from now on it is non fat yoghurt mixed with dijon mustard and a splash of vinegar) boiled egg with caviar.

Dinner 1 1/2 rissoles made with pork and veal mince, egg and some moroccan seasoning.

Snack 2 tablespoons oatbran in non fat yoghurt.

I almost cracked and had a glass of wine. But I know I don't stop at 1 glass so I didn't. Alan had wine and feels worse for it. He is going to try to not have any as he doesn't feel good the next day. That would help me then I wouldn't be tempted.

I didn't have breakfast until 10am today. After a protein day I am not that hungry.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty06/01/12, 09:43 pm

Lost .1 so total 1.8 in 5 days. I am extremely happy with that. I looked back at this time last year when I was really serious and I lost .6 for a week. That was the lowest I weighed last year. It has been a very long time since I lost that much weight quickly. Maybe on detox but I put that on again very quickly. Even with my lapband at first, I was really lucky to lose .5 a week even when not consuming wine. I enjoyed the break from protein but I am not minding going back to pure protein today. I think it will be a nice fit day about. According to Dr Dukan once you start the veges the weight loss slows then the protein days kick start it again. We shall see. I feel wonderful!

Breakfast I just rubbed a non stick pan with oil and fried sliced mushrooms and a chopped tomato. I added a beaten egg with a bit of skim milk to make a sort of scrambled egg omelette. YUM

Lunch 2 red salmon cakes. I mixed a tin of salmon including juice with an egg, coriander, spring onions, oat bran and the peel of a lemon. You know you sort of scrape it off with one of those kitchen gadgets. YUM

Dinner Roast chook with eggplant, small piece of pumpkin and spinach. I put a little bit of water in a saucepan and added a chopped garlic clove then chopped spinach including all the stalk. It was quite a lot and I palmed a lot on to Alans plate. He doesn't really like spinach but he ate it all. The egg plant was delicious and I only ate half. I mashed it and spread it on the chicken. YUM

Snack non fat yoghurt with oatbran

Egg Plant recipe.

The eggplant appetite suppressant!

A little slimming secret that is as effective as it is tasty.

You're hungry, you're a big eater, and you like to feel full after a meal.
If you are drawn toward foods that are delicious and help you lose weight --
then I’ve got what you need! Take a lovely eggplant and using a pointed
knife, prick it 3 times on each side to a depth of 0.5 inches. Push a clove of
garlic into each slit. Then put the eggplant in the oven at 450F. When you can
hear the skin crackle and you see it's starting to peel away with the
crackling, take the eggplant out and put it on a plate. Then cut it in half
lengthwise as you would an avocado. Take one half -- add salt and pepper and
using a teaspoon eat the flesh. When you've finished, try sitting down to eat.
The feeling of having eaten will trigger satiety in the brain. You'll be able
to tackle your lunch or dinner more calmly and the eggplant's pectin will pass
through your body taking some calories with it. Life is sweet with eggplants!

I just cooked the eggplant in the oven with
the rest at 160.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty06/01/12, 02:58 am

Sounds like you're doing great Linda...and the diet doesn't sound too bad...filling protein and now vege added. I look forward to following your progress and hearing of any nice recipies you try. Well done on the weightloss so far....very exciting!

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty05/01/12, 08:50 pm

Hi Debs

No I haven't been hungry at all except while I was out at bridge yesterday afternoon. If I was at home I would have just had some yoghurt but I was out. I drank heaps of water and had a cup of tea. usually I would have had a biscuit or 2. I think because I had to be out early I probably didn't eat enough lunch.

On to todays weigh in. Up .1 so total loss for 4 days is 1.7. On my print out I was told I would lose 1.58 so I am happy with that. I couldn't believe the 1.2 loss on day 2 and I think my body is just catching up.

Did shopping on the way home and I was excited to go to the fruit and vege shop. Imagine getting excited about vegetables LOL

So today is the start of the cruise phase which I am in for 144 days. It alternates between a protein day and protein and vege day. I am feeling really great. I have walked every day for the last 5 days, drunk heaps of water and most importantly NO WINE. Because of no wine I am sleeping better and feel more refreshed in the morning.

I am going to look up recipes for the protein and vege day and will post tomorrow what I eat today. I still haven't managed to buy some egg whites which pads out an egg for meals. My favourite food has been a boiled egg with the yolk out and mixed with a bit of non fat yoghurt and a teaspoon of caviar. It is so decadent and tasty and each little egg bursts in your mouth. I have 3 small jars that I bought from aldi when they were on special. One jar goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty05/01/12, 11:35 am

Sounds like you're doing great Linda. Are you feeling hungry at all or is protein filling you up?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty04/01/12, 08:21 pm

.1 today. I didn't expect much after such a good result yesterday. I have already passed the 1.6 I was supposed to lose. I knew it wouldn't be huge as I didn't get up in the night to go to the toilet.

Breakfast 1 poached egg on a half slice of ham

Lunch same as yesterday

Dinner prawns dipped in non fat yoghurt

Snack yoghurt with 1 1/2 tablespoons oatbran

So total lost in 3 days 1.8
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: DUKAN DIET   DUKAN DIET - Page 6 Empty03/01/12, 09:55 pm

Looking forward to your results zips.
Back to top Go down