debs
zippy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty14/05/13, 07:32 am

I have just seen my surgeon. 98.3 in clothes. I even wore a light top and it is fng freezing here. I weighed myself when I got home and it is exactly the same. He said he can't see that anything would be wrong with my lapband as the pain is so infrequent. He had a feel around and said it all feels ok and we will leave it. Then he said what about the weight gain. I handed him a MdDS brochure and burst into tears. I had been trying tops on before going. This has to end. I can't keep gaining like this. I refuse to go over 100 again.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty12/05/13, 11:14 am

No Tara, I cant think of anything. I have considered so many times going up there and finding her in the hospital and just sitting with her and listening to her but Im afraid I dont think thats what she wants.

Deb is a private person so I will respect that. Its hard though I have to say cos I feel so dam useless being only a half hour away from where she is.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty12/05/13, 10:35 am

Hiya Girls,

I'm afraid this is going to be such a long, horrid journey for a our friend.

I know how helpless we feel not being able to do anything to help her or lessen her pain so I imagine she feels pretty damn helpless too.

Arrrgh .. can anyone think of anything proactive we can do ? Other than all turn up at the Hospital and stalk the crap outta her !!

Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty12/05/13, 08:07 am

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Crying-and-sniffling poor Deb!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty12/05/13, 07:57 am

update from Debs

Mental...hell yes. Still have crippling nausea and pain and vomiting due
to this effing stent which could still be in for another six weeks. God
I don't know if I can do this... Dr p has been pretty good, only see
him briefly but I know he's trying to get on top of it....bad for
business prob. Lol owe hurts to laugh . Hope you're doing we'll Tara,
I'm going to catch up on your journey so far if I ever get out of
hospital,. Can you girls update the junies for me? I only have one
message at a time in me . Love you girls and happy mums day. Miss you
all xxx

Happy mothers day!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty08/05/13, 11:53 pm

I would be ignoring her. You have enough shit happening without that. We ignore mothers day. It is for the best.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty08/05/13, 10:53 pm

Morning all.... one day seems to blurring in to another here at the moment

I believe its old cows day on Sunday... kids are bumping their gums about taking me to the pics which will be nice....though last year my eldest threw and absolute spitter at the pic theatre over the phone to her BF and ended up screaming at the phone...us and the cinema staff and storming out

Happy F#!*ing mothers day!

This year she will not be attending so it will definitely be much calmer. I love my daughter but holy cow she is moody.

She came to visit on Monday and walked through the door ready to pick a fight which ended up with me telling her to leave or shut up. She shut up for approx 10 minutes then started up again with a nasty tirade of verbal abuse and insult which just floored me for the rest of the day... that night the onslaught continued via text message which her BF was involved in.. I tell ya... my relatives are gonna kill me I swear.

I still dont know what bee had crawled up her ass but she was nasty and spiteful and hammered me about the most trivial things...one of them being that my husband and I had always been pro the sanctity of marriage and it turns out we are just hypocrytes....*sigh*.... seriously I dont know how this is my fault but I coped it.

For some unknown reason she has decided that we dont like her partner ( I swear we have never uttered a word against him) so she got foul mouthed about that too

I am seriously of the mind that she suffers from paranoia. It seems to me that she sits and thinks about things them imagines senarios and then they become fact to her.

I was so shocked by the vile things she was screaming at me on Monday that I was ready to snap...plus my head and emotions are not in a good place at the moment.

Oh well... this is what you get for not using birth control!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty06/05/13, 10:17 pm

Alan drives the bus for the day centre twice a week. I started last Sept and have had various roles but I like reception the best. It is actually pretty hard to get a volunteer position in Ballarat. Ballarat has the most volunteers per head than anywhere else in Australia. I think I can empathise with vision impaired people as I have watched mums vision go downhill with macular degerneration.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty06/05/13, 08:17 am

how did you get involved in that Linda?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty06/05/13, 08:09 am

I love my new volunteer role at vision australia. I am now on reception on Mondays 10am - 3pm. I also count the dog donation tins as they come in and bank that money. It is quite rewarding. I had a dog in subway and it collected $208.20 in 11 weeks. It was so heavy. Must check the other subways. They do a good business in collecting the change. We also get a lot from hotels and Alan and I have about 10 hotels on the go too.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty06/05/13, 07:49 am

I went into town to have a look at some bras and undies.... mine are a bit too big for me at the moment with the 8 kilo loss.

Came back with narda. I went into bras and things and this wee petal kept showing me brazillian cut ( cheeks hanging out) lacy undies and thongs.. WTF.

When I told her in a sweet tone to stick them up her arse she moved to the opposite end of the scale and pulled out neck to knees.... I left in disgust.

I tried Big W and Target and they had nothing in a D cup that was in a 10 or 12... so that was a fizzle. I did manage to pick up some nickers though so I was pleased with that... nothing wrong with the 7 pack of breifs I say

So I have come home to doctor my own bras which I figure is prob smart cos I know I will find this 8 kilos when my brain cells start to function again.

I will just take a tuck in the back strap and hoik the shoulder straps up tight for now... and that will do me.

I made soup yesterday and it has been good to eat. I have not been wanting to eat at all and went days with nothing in me but a couple of cups of tea. If I did eat it was a mouthful or two of something then I would spit most of it out or throw it up.

My sleeve seemed to tighten with the stress and it was just impossible to eat anything. Its loosening now and the soup has felt really good on my belly.

Sounds like you have had a busy day Linda...more productive than mine
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty06/05/13, 07:20 am

I hope she got the message that you don't want to talk to her. If he isn't talking to her then she has to deal with it and not add to your distress. What a cheek to ring you because he won't talk to her. He is trying she is just TRYING.

Love to Debs and Tara. I will get over to the sleevers site and have a squiz. Been at vision all day and then went clothes shopping. Everything looked like shit. I have 4 new pairs of pajamas. Seems that is all that fits me. Oh and a cardie.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty06/05/13, 03:16 am

well Deb is still in hospital with drains drips and stints. She said in her diary that she is in a lot of pain... poor lil snosage.

Hopefully she will heal quickly...some do so after a few weeks other take months. It just sucks so bad that she is going through this.

Fingers crossed it will all be worth it in the end for her.

Tara is ripping in to it and doing well...aint ya bubba. So pretty happy and proud for our kiddo on that count.

Things are getting there with my husband who wants to desperately work through this.

It didnt get to the porking stage ...apparently they were just negotiating the affair through text, email and phone and met twice at 2 functions.

Still not happy Jan but at least it did not make it to the physical level I suppose... though trust has been breached.

Anywhooo we are giving it a fair crack at mending fences. He is definitely groveling. I have chosen not to be bitter or nasty and am trying my very best to be open minded

Having said that if the snivelling bitch rings me one more time crying that he doesnt want to talk to her any more I may have to remover her ovaries with a chain saw.

*sigh*... at least I lost 8 kilos out of stress... I am now working on gaining it back cos I look like a corpse...or so my out laws tell me.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 11:31 pm

Good to see the friendship endures, Zippy!

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 579334
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 11:17 pm

I know after I had my sleeve that by day 3 I felt like there was nothing wrong with me and I had boundless energy just as Tara is describing

With the band I was rooted but with the sleeve I felt like I was perfectly ok to do anything I wanted.... I had zero down time afterwards

I also found the post diet easy except for the old brain tapes and boredom that suggested eating at an appropriate time was the thing to do...but reeeeal hunger wise narda zip.

Hunger wise I am still the same... in fact I have litterally gone 3 days with eating nothing at all and have eaten only when someone else has prompted me too. However having said that there is a lot more to appetite than hunger... my eyes and head still tell me that something should be eaten so I can still scarf for taste and visual reasons.

We iz who we iz and Im glad that your feeling on top of it Tara. I wish our Debs was too.... I feel so much for the poor lil sausage and cant beleive she has had this terrible luck.

I have wanted so bad to pop into the hospital but I just dont want to intrude cos I know she hasnt encouraged any off line contact with anyone. I thought it might be a bit confronting when she is going throught this physical and emotional cyclone at the moment to have me pop in there and put her in the spot

I dont have her mobile number to ask if she would like a pop in either... in truth I would think I would not want randoms there if it were me. She would be feeling aweful and less than human and I imagine she only wants those close to her heart around her while she adjusts to all the internal and external changes she is being forced to make

But if you happen to read this Debs....know that if I could I would be there in a heartbeat holding your lil hand and giving you all the comfort and friendship you need and if you come out of hospital and you need someone to either talk to....vent to...cry to or just smack the shit out of then I am here....and I will bring loosingit for the smacking.....just joking... I would let you take a good swipe but I cant promise I wont duck 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 84136
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 10:54 pm

Rest up Tara. You have just had surgery remember.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 09:48 am

Thank you girls - I did need a bit of a talking to on that one.
As it stands, I DUSTED !!

Perhaps I should pop in fortnightly for a general anaesthetic, my unit would be squeaky clean.

T
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 09:21 am

I agree... get over it, its over rated!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: st   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 08:35 am

Tara - I can speak from experience that getting the vacuum out is a STEP TOO FAR!!!!! Don't . . . . . do . . . . . . it!!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 08:31 am

Yep thought I was looking pretty damn hot in the purple hospital gown with my arse hanging out !!
Lucky the man in the bed opposite me wore glasses cos it was a sight to see.

Hmmm appetite is non existent. I've done about 400ml since I got home.
Keep thinking "I'm bored I should eat something" gee can't think why I am a fat bastard.

AND -- I have the post anaesthetic "can't sit stills", which totally sucks, things are so dire I am even considering getting out the vacuum.

How is everyone else ??

T
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 07:52 am

Tara??? ... shit I thought it was Gisele Bündchen.

How is your appetite Tara....ready for steak yet ba ha ha haaaa
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 07:45 am

Onya Tara. Glad to hear you are on the other side. Rest up, and don't worry - I can see from here that you are THIN THIN THIN! In fact, I'm worried about you . . . . . are you sure you are not suffering from malnutrition and anorexia?

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 286947 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 644107 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 253309 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 286947 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 644107
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/05/13, 12:10 am

Good to hear Tara Well done. Now rest up and enjoy a bit of papering.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty01/05/13, 11:31 pm

Hiya Girls,

Well I'm on the other side !
The first night was awful - even then men in the ward were like "Ooh love we were very worried about you."

But today, I'm up, showered , drip is out and tolerating clear fluids.

Nagging to be sent home today but it's not gunna happen so I shall settle in for the slightly longer haul.

Mwah to everyone,
Tara

Ps - am I thin yet ??
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty01/05/13, 10:01 am

aaaarg these things are never easy Linda.. I had the same issues when my mum had a stroke and got sick. I have 3 brothers who racked off and delegated duties from holiday destinations.

Now I have dad its still the same... so I sympathise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next