HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/01/13, 08:48 pm

Aaaaaaaaw Debs what your feeling is normal...and yes he had to dig the port out of muscle cos thats what its sewn into so hence why it hurts so much and will for about 4 to 6 weeks.

That woolly feeling in the head stayed with me for about 3 weeks, I dont know why but think about how much damage and bruising there is on the inside after digging that bastard out and it will give you a hint.

Just take it easy honey... I found I knocked up very easy and got very tired after removal... I felt like warmed up shit on toast for about 3 to 4 weeks.

Did Nige tell you how your tummy looked...was there much scaring?? He doesnt have much to say but will usually tell you the damage when he comes round to your bed next day.

linda please stay safe... I was thinking...hoping and praying for you all yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/01/13, 08:22 pm

We are still worried about the fire that burnt 9 houses, It started again yesterday. It isn't near us but now the wind has changed it could get to my sisters place. 36 today and lightening so anything could happen. Just staying home today on high alert. I hate the northerlies they are an evil wind.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/01/13, 12:00 pm

Spill my guts? Oh my god i feel like shit. lol Seriously, i feel like a giant windbag (soooo attractive!) I don't remember being so windy after getting the band in but at the moment i feel like i'm twice the size and just blown up like a balloon. I think its mostly in my head because i only look a bit puffy but i just feel so bloated, and i feel bloated in my head even. WTF?! lol My head feels full and wooly and i keep getting dizzy. It really hurts on the port site too, like i've done lots of situps or something. I doubt he would have to cut through muscle or anything but i'm guessing he had to cut through a lot adhesions. I just can't wait for the next few days to pass because i know i will feel better as time goes on. I'm really glad i got the band out but i'm definitely over feeling so shitty. I know its only been a couple of days and i'm just an impatient whinger but i really can't wait until i start to feel better.

I'm not off my food either unfortunately. I thought i would feel a bit yuck where food is concerned but i don't...i'm not put off by it but i do feel a bit queasy sometimes after eating. I kind of feel a bit like i want to scoff, like something is missing and there's a void i want to fill. I'm hoping that its just that i'm in pain and therefore can't do the things i'd normally do so i'm feeling really bored...and maybe food is filling that gap a bit? I'm sure once i'm feeling better physically i'll feel better mentally. Can you tell that i'm a bit of a basket case at the moment? LOL This feels more emotional than getting the band in. Maybe its nervousness at being band free for three months and the fear of feeling out of control? I don't know, i'm just thinking out loud so this is probably not making much sense. I'm sure in a week i'll be back to normal and i'll read over these posts and think 'what a nutbar!' lol
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/01/13, 11:04 am

Okie dokie ...
Linda,
How the fire threat for you today, is all okay ???

And Debs,
How are you travelling. C'mon spill ya guts (pardon the pun) I wanna know it all.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/01/13, 09:56 pm

Cough it up chicken! Don't want you getting sick.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/01/13, 10:26 am

HI girls, well i'm at home. Yay!!!! I still feel rough as a bears arse but i'm just so glad to be home and out of that damn hospital. I'm able to eat pretty well, just get a bit of nausea afterwards but there's no chest pain! NONE AT ALL. Amazing!
Zip i go back and see Nige in three weeks in the taree rooms so will ask about the nexium. Still feel so tired and i've got sore lungs, like i feel a chest infection in the wings...i hope not, am trying to cough it up but it hurts the tum a lot to cough. Still, every day will get a little better.

Linda, i hope you're ok down there! Stay safe. I've been watching it all on the news, scary, and those little fire lighting bastards...i hope they get in the shit for what they've done. Anyway, stay safe Linda and hope all your pals are safe too.
Thanks girls for the well wishes and support, you are all superstars in my book.
Loves each and every one of ya's.
You'r turn next Tara!
debsx
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/01/13, 10:25 am

HI girls, well i'm at home. Yay!!!! I still feel rough as a bears arse but i'm just so glad to be home and out of that damn hospital. I'm able to eat pretty well, just get a bit of nausea afterwards but there's no chest pain! NONE AT ALL. Amazing!
Zip i go back and see Nige in three weeks in the taree rooms so will ask about the nexium. Still feel so tired and i've got sore lungs, like i feel a chest infection in the wings...i hope not, am trying to cough it up but it hurts the tum a lot to cough. Still, every day will get a little better.

Linda, i hope you're ok down there! Stay safe. I've been watching it all on the news, scary, and those little fire lighting bastards...i hope they get in the shit for what they've done. Anyway, stay safe Linda and hope all your pals are safe too.
Thanks girls for the well wishes and support, you are all superstars in my book.
Loves each and every one of ya's.
You'r turn next Tara!
debsx
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/01/13, 03:07 am

deb at your next visit with Nige get him to put you on nexium in anticipation of the sleeve op.

He did that with me cos I has reflux with the band as he said it would be under control prior to the op and I have had zero issues with it after the 3 months and am now off it all together ( didnt have any issues wiht it during the 3 months either)

I not others can have probs with it but I was symptom free and am not sure if its due to having the nexium prior so my belly was well and truely healed with no inflamation residual from the band.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/01/13, 02:47 am

Linda,

Thinking of you (not that that does anything to help you)
And truly hoping you and yours stay safe.

Mwah
Tara
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/01/13, 01:35 am

Debs wonderful news.
Linda stay safe.
Del
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/13, 11:47 pm

Debs your gonna feel a bit under the weather for a while yet and your hunger wont completely come back for about 3 weeks.

I felt like I was hit by a truck for about 6 weeks and a lot of other people who went through removal said the same...dont know why when the sleeve takes 2 days and your jumping out of your skin.

My port area was a bomb zone too and caned really bad.

I felt aweful all over and sooooo bloody tired for the 6 week period then slowly got better...did not experience any of that with the sleeve.

I suppose though they have to dig, cut and pull and push quite severely to get the sucker out so your really put through the wringer while your out.

Take care Linda I know everyone here will have their fingers crossed for you that you stay safe.

Loosinit, we have had fires close here but not close enough to cause us worry...not to say it couldnt happen as we are boardering a state forest but so far so good.

Migrains suck...I got one after my gall bladder and it was an absolute mother that lasted 4 days.... never do I want one like it again...nothing like vomiting when you think your head is going to explode.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/13, 10:35 pm

Linda I saw on the news some of the damage up your way. Fortunately I don't think Victoria has been as badly affected as Tassie and NSW, or SA. Still, any loss in a fire is devastating for those involved.

Trish I hope you are safe up there - I see NSW had a lot of fires yesterday and some very high temps.

Debs - glad to hear you have come through ok, but bummer about the headaches. I can relate - I suffer severe headaches quite frequently, and a few weeks ago was just about ready to top myself when I just couldn't get any relief, no matter how many drugs I took or how frequently. Really pushes you to the edge. Glad you finally got some relief.

Take it easy and make the most of the situation by playing up for the other half - give him the run-around while you can! Yes, there's a little touch of evil in me.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/13, 10:15 pm

Wow band free how good is that?

Just take it easy and be kind to yourself.

We almost evacuated yesterday afternoon. There was an uncontrolled fire heading towards us. Got all ready to go and checked the cfa site and it was under control. Not so lucky on the other side of ballarat though. At least 4 homes lost. Our friends daughters home was saved by aerial bombing. The historic carnham estate next door was lost though.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/13, 09:42 pm

Hi girls, belly is all naked now....band free! and bloody sore. The stories are true, hurts more coming out then going in! I'm still in hospital feeling sore and sorry for myself and waiting for Nige to come round and tell me the damage and when I can go home.....hopefully in an hour or two...woo-hoo!

So last night I had the worst migraine. I usually get a migraine about once a month and bad headaches about three times a week so it wasn't totally unexpected but JEBUS CHRIST it was a bastard last night. I had panadol a few endone but by 3am I was crying in agony so got a jab of slow release morphine (slow release WTF!) in the thigh. Finally at 4am migraine stared to ease and got about 2 hours sleep. The port site is bloody sore and I've got shoulder pain and mild headache but other than that I'm pretty good! Lol

Oh my god how good did that toast taste! I felt a bit sick afterwards though and think its because I haven't had breakfast for over two years, usually can't eat before about 11 or 12 midday so definitely a strange feeling.

Signing off as I still feel wiped. Hope you girls are doing ok.
Debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/13, 04:14 am

is your belly all nakey now Deb
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/13, 03:16 am

Debs,

Stoned nonsensical post please !!!!!

HOW DID IT GO ??????????????????????????????

Been thinking about you heaps.
Hope you kicked Lapband butt !!!

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   07/01/13, 12:51 am

Thanks Losingit, thanks Linda. I will keep you updated how it goes. Am taking ipad to hospital tomorrow so you might get a nonsenical stoned off my arse post as an update. lol

Gosh Linda, hope you're ok re the fires! How scary. Hope you don't have to evacuate and you remain safe. My heart breakes when i think about all the animals that get trapped in bushfires...just makes me feel sick. Stay safe ok.

Losingit, i totally agree.
debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/01/13, 09:32 pm

Yep I hope it all goes well too Deb. Good to have another forward scout. I guess I am lucky I have always been able to eat toast. If I have a poached egg half a slice with the egg otherwise a full slice on its own. I make my own soy and linseed bread so the slices are large.

Good to see you lsingit. Did you have anice christmas at your sisters?

Another dangerous bushfire day for us here but tomorrow is supposed to be worse. Our plan is just leave. I have our important docs in an envelope with passports and the cat carriers are in the laundrey.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/01/13, 08:04 pm

All the best, Debs. Hope it all goes smoothly and you recover quickly.

Envious of everyone who has made the decision to move on from the last decade's biggest money-spinner for surgeons!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/01/13, 10:56 am

Thanks ladies but surgery is on Tuesday. They ring me tomorrow to tell me what time to come in on tuesday. Gosh i can't imagine what it'll be like to have some toast for breaky! I had a hot chip sandwich today for lunch and got the worst stuck moment after three bites. I had to throw it up. I'm really looking forward to having breakfast...i never have breakfast now so i can't wait. :)
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/01/13, 10:37 am

There is no post op diet after the initial 24 hours Deb.. and OMG that first slice of toast for breaky the next morning in hospital is DIVINE. You take a bite...swallow and wait for it to hit the band and when it goes down with out a fight your heart lifts and you feel FREE!!!

Good luck deb...cant wait to hear from you on the other side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21