debs
zippy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty21/02/13, 09:49 pm

Nutha farking horrible day in hell here today.

Raining as per usual...but yet its muggy and steamy.

Getting my hair relandscaped today... so frigging over it. I am bored with this weather so want to do something radical with the hair.

I wont though cos I know I will regret it. I just sometimes wish I was more adventurous.

Boring as bat shit is me
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty21/02/13, 01:39 am

I have a solution. I am taking Alan with me. He can drive and help install the doggie collection tins. I feel better already. This bout of rocking is at the almost 2 year mark. I should be making the duty visit to Perth to see the parents but I just can't handle anything that takes me out of my comfort zone and THAT DEFINITELY DOES

Alan will already be at vision australia as he drives the bus so he can just do extra on wednesdays.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty21/02/13, 01:20 am

That's good to know Zip. I was concerned about marg as she seems to eat the tiniest amounts and i don't know how that's possible long term. Malnutrition? I also wondered if that's why weightloss is harder for her. We are all so different hey. I guess its like the band...some people have a dream run, some get the elephant on the chest, some get reflux, some vomit, some can only eat slush, others can eat meat. It varies so much depending on the person. I guess there is no point worrying about it..i won't know what my tummy is like until its sleeved. As you say, its like a penis...you just have to work with the one you've got... lol I've noticed on the pics of the operation too that depending on where the surgeon cuts you can have a larger pouch at the bottom of the stomach. If he cuts more in a straight line than you have excess in the bottom curve, if he cuts to the curve then he gets closer to pylorus and that pouchy bit would be cut off...and hence a smaller tum. Not sure if i'm explaining it clearly to visualise though. From most pics it seem they cut straight?

Losingit you tomoatos sound lovely! I love a beautiful tomato relish or sauce but i'm too lazy to make them myself. Love that people do that though. I can imagine it would be quite satisfying.

Linda that rockin is shockin...don't know how you put up with it. It would drive me mental! Hope you get to stay at your desk more as time wears on.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 11:52 pm

Hmmmmm tis a pity sauce bottles are heavy for postage.

Good on you loosingit.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 11:38 pm

Yeah - I'm here. All tomato'ed out (not really a word, but it'll do for me). Every year around this time I subject myself to boxes of sauce tomatoes . . . . . . . . kind of painful experience at the time, but most rewarding when you give someone a bottle of home-made sauce and they enjoy it. Don't worry . . . . . . yes, I have been told you can buy it in the shops. I still reckon until you've tasted home-made you don't know what real sauce tastes like. Three batches of that done, and two lots of relish. Sauce is the time-consumer - takes about 11 hrs all up, and you can't leave it for longer than about 10-15 mins lest it sticks to bottom of saucepan and burns. Relish a bit quicker in cooking but much longer in prep (skinning the tomatoes). By the time I get to the end I swear I never want to see another tomato, and then the next year I front up again for another round!

I went to a show a couple months ago in a different theatre. Seating was tight, but nothing like this one. I purchased an aisle seat deliberately, but I tell you it was very tight. I did actually get out of my seat to allow people through. There's absolutely no way they would have been able to pass otherwise. Very steep as well. I realise the seats themselves would have been replaced several times since the original construction in 1850's, but I reckon they have managed to squeeze the same number of seats in. I don't think I'm lying when I say people were shorter and smaller in those days.

The show was good, but would have been more enjoyable had I been a bit more comfortable. Fortunately I had a tiny lady sitting next to me, and she kindly made no comment or gestures to suggest I was a fat pig.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 09:00 pm

Linda that sux sausages about the in and out of cars making your rocking worse... it must be so difficult. I seriously dont know how you deal with it all the time.

Hey Loosinit...you there or have you murdered someone in the theatre and now hiding in the catacombs.

I hope... seriously hope you were not overly distressed by the seating at your show. I do sympathise, I had a similar incident in a picture theartre a few years ago and I was very embarrassed at the comments coming from the people beside me.

One would think that they would make seating more generouse any way because I know that the last show we saw ( legally blond) in Sydney was very cramped and I am a figgeter so was constantly offending the person to my left because we were stacked like bananas in a box.

Not to mention the contortions you have to make when someone wants to exit to the aisle. You near have to get your knees over your head to let them out or stand up and climb up on to your seat.

God forbid there should be a fire.... I would think in the panic and rush to get out in the cramped conditions there would be little hope for some.

Any whoo my schweet... give em hell!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 08:48 pm

Hey Deb... I note on the other site that you are worrying about size of bougie.

Well I have done the rounds of the site and size does not make a difference to weightloss. The person that you commented on has a tiny intake with a 32 bougie size which is the smallest...and struggles to lose weight. She gains and loses the same 500g all the time and has fought for loss with exercise from the start.

However others I note with a slightly larger bougie lose the weight easier.

My thoughts here are

a) the stomach size is much like a penis...its not how big it is but how you use it

B) starving yourself with the smaller/tiny intake that these smaller, tight tummies have is not conducive to weight loss. That a more moderate intake actually burns more fat than getting into starvation mode

c) a combo of both of the above.

Yes I worry that I can eat more than a couple of tablespoons however where this lady can only eat 2 tablespoons of mince, she can eat an entire banana...where I am the opposite. I can do half a cup of mince in gravy but only a half maximum of a medium banana...and I have to eat it slow.

I think we all vary and as long as you are not pushing the limits so you are continually busting full all the time you will be fine.

Also note that Tash and Marg have the same doc and same bougie size... one can eat larger sleeve size portions the other consumes the tiny I mentioned above. Tash is considering resleeve because she thinks she isnt tight enough... so like I said....bougie size is a load of bull shit!

Last edited by zippy on 20/02/13, 09:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 07:45 pm

My wardrobe is shrinking. My new role at vision australia has me in and out of a car and that makes my rocking much worse. I much prefer to stay in the office. I should at least try to lose some weight but I just don't feel like it. Sigh
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 11:28 am

How are we? Eating like a piggy grunter. I'm trying to stop but feel a bit out of control. I stopped on the way home from tafe tonight and had kfc...sigh.... i have no will power, no self control and seeminly no self respect. lol
How are you going Tara? Does you tum feel back to normal yet?
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty20/02/13, 09:32 am

Where the hell are we all ???

(OOPS sorry, forgot to also ask - How the hell are we all ??)
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty18/02/13, 07:46 am

Get there early and sit smack in the middle... greedily swallow the chairs either side and start chowing down... when the owners of the seats you have seized as an act of war arrive... Just ignore the tuts of disdain ( wont be hard cos the chewing will muffle it) and give your food your full attention.

If there is rude jabs or shoving of your bottom area turn and glare at the offending person as if they are touching you like a dirty uncle, then break wind and or burp loudly. Alternately you can move over slightly so you consume more of their chair.

They will either move or shut up.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty18/02/13, 02:32 am

Ba ha ha Losin It; I eagerly read on for the answer to that conundrum ... actually wondering what the solution could possibly be, when that is my default solution EVERY time. How could I NOT have known !

In my defense I am feeling a little slow on the uptake this morning.

Oh how I love you.
Mwah,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 12:20 pm

Jersey Boys - great show. Good thing I'm not a big person, otherwise I'd have been intruding on the person next to me with overhang and have my knees up against the seat in front, having to sit with my legs parted just to be seated. Yep - good thing I'm so skinny!

Kit Kat chunky choc mint - new flavour. Always wondered why they didn't make a mint variety. Not saying that I've tried it (cough cough - ahem ahem), but it SOUNDS good.

Now - if you were too fat to sit in a seat in a theatre that was designed in the middle of the 19th century, when people were half the size, how would you remedy that? Answers? Yes . . . . . anyone? Correct - you would chow down on Kit Kats.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 07:49 am

bloody veges...over rated if you ask me
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 06:04 am

Going fully sick - ba ha ha ha YEP I am !!!!!!!!!

Have decided that Monday to Friday one should eat somewhat sensibly (I mean isn't that what the normal people do?)

Having said that I just finished 2/3 of a Pizza. And the taste buds are demanding more.

So watch this space to see if vegies end up on tomorrow's menu.....

T
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 04:41 am

Lol are you still going fully sick on toast Tara?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 01:46 am

Yah after I got my band out I was like scrooge mcduck rolling in the piles of money in his safe.... cept I was rolling in foooooood.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 01:17 am

Ba ha ha ... blush yeah it is pretty damn glorious.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty17/02/13, 12:10 am

Oh Tara.... how good is it!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty16/02/13, 12:33 pm

Okay seriously, I think we can safely assume my stomach is unpleated now.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty16/02/13, 02:01 am

I think my mojo left before the word was invented!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty15/02/13, 11:55 pm

I've only just turned 40 and i feel the same way! lol God hope my mojo comes back if i can lose some weight....i think that's what the parnter is counting on...bless him. LOL
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty15/02/13, 09:42 pm

LOL

When we were in Ballarat at bridge on Thursday afternoon, the heavens opened. There was flash flooding and we went to woolies and half the shop was blocked off cos the roof leaked. We hurried home expecting maybe a bit of flooding and nada zilch not even 1 bloody drop in the rain gauge. Supposed to rain again today but I am not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty15/02/13, 09:10 pm

woot wooooooo Tara... glad your on the mend. Onward and upward now my lil sparklepuss.

Today is another day and Im off to mow the lawn. I heard bloody kookaburras this morning and they herald more rain so I have to get out there and shave the lawn before the sky juice settles in again.

About to have breakfast... I did and I admit this to you all cos you knows me...have a mouthful of decadant choc brownie my daughter made last night....however.... I chewed it, then remembered I should stop and spat it out into a napkin.

Frigging sickening isnt it

I am still playing with the gained couple of kilos...they like me what can I say...I do play a part in this love affair we have by picking at the wrong foods.

I read this theory that salt makes you not only crave food but makes you horney.

Ba... it may well make me crave food but unless horney for chocolate is what they are talking about then they got that wrong

I must be getting old me thinks cos the dead sexiest thing a man could do for me now would be one of two things.... make me a cup of tea with out asking oooor massage my feet.

I would be completed after both sessions and reclining back satisfied smoking a cigarette ( if I smoked that is)

Sad aint it.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty15/02/13, 09:19 am

Hiya,

I'm feeling great thanks but I nearly split my stitches laughing at
Losin It's post this morning.

Actually I'm really enjoying just lolling around at home doing nothing - except eating toast.

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next