debs
zippy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty09/02/13, 08:32 pm

Has anyone noticed how good Joe Hockey looks since he had the sleeve?
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty09/02/13, 11:31 am

LOL Yes Tara they do that! I tell ya, you can't trust them...tricky little devils. Oh my god i can't believe its coming out in three days! That's Tuesday right? Will be thinking about you. I feel great now, can and have eaten anything and everything and am gaining rapidly. What am i now? 104kg! It came out at 95kg that's nearly 10 kilos so far...and theres still two months to go. JEBUS! The only thing i've noticed since getting the band out is some reflux. Its not as intense as when the band was in but its more constant. Probably just my tummy getting itself back to normal or something. Bring on the sleeve!

Hey, enjoy your last few days with you well behaved band...it'll build your strength up for the surgery. (That is if it stays behaving itself! :)

Yes, hope everyone is doing ok...been veeeerwy quiet!
Hugs girls,
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty09/02/13, 10:57 am

My goodness we have been quiet around here !!!!
Where is everyone ??
And more to the point; I hope everyone is safe and well.

Now I am gunna have a little whinge ....... be warned.

BLOODY BASTARD LAPBAND !!!

I threw up almost every dinner last week, as ya do.

And tonight -- THREE DAYS before we rip the sucker out forever .. it performs PERFECTLY and let's me eat out a a restaurant, perfect entee sized portion, a variety of foods, most of which it NEVER will allow me to eat.
W.T.F !!!!!

Guess I should be grateful and not look a gift band in the mouth.

Tara
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty04/02/13, 10:05 am

Awww Thanks Debs.

Okay lets embrace this ride (and YEAR -- seriously I am POSITIVE this year is going to be awe-some !!!!)

Yay for the new boo for the old !!!!

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty03/02/13, 10:54 am

Thanks Tara. Yeah i'm hoping this is a better decade than the last one. My marriage ended, lost my house, had to move home from being overseas (which i loved) was diagnosed with some autoimmune issues, gained a shitload of weight....god what a decade. This one has to be better! lol

I had the exact same feelings as you when it was close to getting my band out...and i had those feeling for about three weeks afterwards too...i almost changed my mind about the sleeve. But as time has gone on and i can see myself gaining weight BY THE DAY, i know its what i need to do. If i waited another year 'just to think about it some more' i would be 130kg. As it is i'm over 100 again, and about a month or two before the band came out i think i got down to about 92kg. So as you can see its going on fast. Now i can't wait for it to happen...even though i do still have those doubts you mentioned...this whole thing is very scary ride!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty03/02/13, 09:25 am

Hiya Girls,

My gosh it's been busy around here .. Hot, COLD (WTF), Floods, Fires, No power, Sisters - don't start me, Birthdays, (Debs, As Zippedy said - the 40's are AWESOME cos of the whole "finding yourself" thing.)
Oh and how lucky are we all to have each other around here!

Well I realised today that it is 9 days till they, as I have demanded, rip this perfectly "good, working" band outta me.

And I gotta tell you all that I am a tiny bit fretful. The "what if's" are creeping in.
What if I fail at the sleeve too.
What if I can't eat good foods.
What if I get FATTER !!!!!!!! ( yet AGAIN !!!!!!!!!)

It's just stupid cos I have long ago decided that this is what I am doing and there's no point having little girlie fits of panic now when it is all starting to go ahead.

ARGHHHH shut up stooooopid noisy head.

Tara 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 548438
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty03/02/13, 04:57 am

Too true Trish, how hard is packet cake or even a handmade card... game on mole! lol She says the other day 'do not wash my clothing with the other peoples clothing because when it comes out it f***ing stinks!' How rude is that? Anyway, gotta stop talking about it hey...sometimes i'm just so gobsmacked at her behaviour i have to repeat it just to see if really happened. lol

Yes weather is cray-cray! Although i am enjoying this cooler change, its so much better for sleeping and these terrible hot flushes aren't as bad in the cooler weather...or they're more tolerable at least. I bet we get another good few blasts of heatwave before the summer is out though.

Zip that flash new Itlaian restaurant is opening tomorrow apparently....its owned by the guy that owns gasperos in harrington. I looked at the menu online and its a bit expensive but sounds nice....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty03/02/13, 04:22 am

Yes I had the electric blanket on on Friday night. We'll be looking out for fires again later in the week.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty03/02/13, 04:19 am

sometimes sisters are bloody moles Deb. Surely she could have made you a cake out of the cupboard or something. There are plenty of ways to treat someone with out spending money.

Its just a lack of general respect and affection....never mind Debs...we loves ya!.

As for my birfdee... my youngest girl will be here but everyone else is away... it wont be so bad but you know how it is ...the whole "im turning 50" thing and no one here to split a cake with.

Doesnt matter me sposes cos there are a lot of others worse off.

Glad your ok Delia.. the weather is either one thing or the other lately and nothing else inbetween.

2 days ago it was so bloody hot here as Debs will attest to and today I have tracksuit duds and a jacket on... bloody insane
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty03/02/13, 03:21 am

Yeah i think you're right. I just don't get some people. Found out why she didn't get me a pressie...she was broke from spoiling herself. The following day the postie turned up with a big box and she was jumping and squealing with excitment saying my presents here. Yay!' and then proceeded to open a box full of special imported chocolate and designer drinking chocolate mugs worth over 20 bucks each...this little pack would have cost her about $120. So she could afford that and not a $2 card? and she didn't even offer a hot chocolate to try. I tell you.....
And now today she's being as nice as pie to everyone after treating people like peasants all week. It has to be a brain tumour...what else can explain such insanity! lol

Glad you're back online Del!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty02/02/13, 09:43 pm

Happy 40th I hope you have a fantastic year and the sleeve does wonders for you.
Deb I have not been on only answered the post to someone stuck last night.
I agree with Linda about your sister. That would really hurt and you have a right to be annoyed and hurt. I doubt I could let it go without saying something. If she were broke she could have picked a flower out of the garden and gave it you with birthday wishes.
We are all ok here
We had no power for over 2 days. no phone line 4 days, no mobile (towers down) and no internet 5 days.
In this day and age this should not happens. Just what we can do without it all if you have to.lol
Delia

Delia

Last edited by Delia on 10/02/13, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty02/02/13, 08:58 pm

She is a dead set bitch. One of my sistyers is exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty02/02/13, 12:43 pm

Hmmm...men are tricky! My man loves tools, he's really handy and make or fix anything so i bought him a new makita drill for chrissy. He loved it. Does your man like tools zip? Ummm what about electronics?

Zip i can't imagine you'd be alone on your birthday! Bet your girls will take you out for tea or something, or organise some cheeky little surprise. If not, we will go out to dinner! I will order a big meal and you can pick off my plate. Just a little mind..i is a big girl and needs me calories! lol

Speaking of big girls...i went and Doc P the other day and he said to come back in six weeks to discuss the sleeve, and if i still want it we can probably book a date. Woo-hoo! He said i might decide i don't want it in six weeks and i said not bloody likely!

Girls you know how it was my birthday the other day? One of my sisters (the pain in arse one) didn't get me squat, she didn't chip in for the pressie and she didn't even buy me a card...and it was my 40th! I wasn't expecting anything flash but i thought she would get me card a least....and she even lives with me so its not like she didn't know it was coming up! I just think that's strange...i would never to do that to someone. And she didn't even say 'sorry i was broke this week, or sorry i just didn't have time to grab you card or anything etc..' she just didn't say a thing yet put her name on the gift my parents got me. WTF?! Am i being too harsh in thinking this is totally insane behaviour? Ok, finished venting... thanks girls :)
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty01/02/13, 09:21 pm

My husband isn't one for tools. But now we live rural he is finding his tools inadequate for stuff he wants to do. He couldn't get the taps off the basin the the bathroom and we had to get a plumber. He had a set of multigrips which got Alan really excited. He went to bunnings and they had a set of 3 in different sizes for $20. He is stoked.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty01/02/13, 08:55 pm

anyone got any ideas for gifts for men... its my hubbies birthday on the 11th...he has a ton of clothes ...after shave... sox and undies.

I am at a total loss he frigging has everything.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty31/01/13, 07:20 pm

Yummo... midori splices. I went on a bender of those a couple of years ago in the summer prior to my band.

My hubby would get in his little bar and whip me up a batch and I would just wolf them down. However you can imagin what drinking several cups of pineapple juice, cream and midori does to ones midrift....I never do anything in smaaaall quantities when I am on a roll.

I turn 50 next month and I will be home all alone on that week so am currently trying to think of a way me, myself and I can celebrate the fact.

40 is a good age Debs.... I have loved the 40's, it was a truely freeing age...not too old but yet old enough to not give a frig about most things that were an issue in the decades before

I developed a confidence and comfort with myself in the 40's I wish I had had at 21...almost a self acceptance and realisation that the small things that seemed so huge were of no consequence.

It was like I found the long lost me I knew when I was a small child before the world and family frigged with my head.

Maybe it was just me but I have to say 40 was gooooood.

Lets hope 50 is better!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty31/01/13, 11:14 am

LOL Linda..i tell ya, some days i feel 60!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty31/01/13, 06:10 am

ohhh that is young. It feels much worse being 60 LOL
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty31/01/13, 05:18 am

Thanks, yeah the meals can be like that, quite similiar. I love the chicken enchiladas though. Sorry Linda! lol I had a midori splice cocktail too....mmmmm.... Thanks zip, i had a lovely birthday. My boy bought me a combined chrissy/birthday present...the new galaxy note tablet! Its so awesome....a baby computer to take around with you. So expensive though, i never would have got myself one (too tight :) so it was a great gift. And my family got some some lovely pandora rings...i couldn't belive how spoilt i was. God i can't believe i'm 40 now. lol
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty30/01/13, 07:40 am

happy birthday Debs....yeah been there a couple of times. Not sure if I like it or not I find the food a bit the same tasting in every meal...but love the cocktails and atmosphere in summer on a fri or sat night when they have live music.

*sigh* I developed my love of icecream with malibu or kaluah drizzled over it there, baileys isnt too shabby either... very nice to share with a loved one.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty30/01/13, 05:57 am

Stop it you tarts you are making me hungry.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty30/01/13, 05:35 am

mmmm i will have to go there for a proper feed before i get the sleeve. The banquet sounds good, you get a taste of different things...i like that. The butter chicken is heavenly. I don't like things toooooo spicy either. I like a bit spicy but i prefer creamy coconut or nutty type sauces (the fattening ones :) My man is taking me to dinner tonight somewhere (birthday) so that'll be nice. Maybe do down to the Aztec in Foster....mmm...mexican. Ever been there Trish?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty30/01/13, 04:13 am

yes thats it... I had the butter chicken and I loved it too.

We had the $35 banquet... well they did and I just picked at it but it was a broad range of stuff cant remember it all but there wasnt anything I didnt like

The papadums are divine and so good with the dipping sauce and they are complimentary. But I have to say I just loved the butter chicken!!!

Someone said the special chicken is good too.

I tend to choose food that isnt spicy cos Im scared of reflux...havent had it since band removal but still dont want to tempt fate and end back up on meds again.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty30/01/13, 12:22 am

Is that the Pandora restaurant on Pultney st? If it is I have bought takeaway From there and it was gorgeous....so good. I tried the butter chicken. What did you try?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty29/01/13, 08:57 pm

Hey Debs... have you tried that new indian restaurant in town.

I went on Friday night and lordy lordy the food is good.

Its really loud in there and its BYO but dang good food and the waitresses are really super nice.

Im not really that into indian but went cos I was forced and I have to say Im going back on Sunday....mmmmm really good tucker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next