HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/03/14, 09:20 am

Hey Zip, I'm not really sure but I reckon it will to a degree. All scars soften up a bit don't they....eventually. I think I had three surgeries on my actual tum pouch, plus the hole that took three months to close up due to the stomach acids leaking out all the time. So right around the hole and around the top section of the pouch is just a mass of scar tissue kind of matted together so not much give. He did say he would contact me though in a few months for another swallow test and x-ray to just see what it all looks like in there. I feel fine though so all should be good. I just look at it as a side effect of an 'unlucky' surgery experience. Its all good though am I'm still pleased I did it.

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/03/14, 08:47 am

Does he think it will soften over time Debs... I know mine def did but mine was not as  aggressive as your op.

Fingers crossed it will!!!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/03/14, 04:33 am

So good to hear from you lovely girls. Wow Tara, Rome! I'm so jealous! How friggin awesome is that. When are you leaving? Would love to see some pics when you get back. About 10 years ago I went to Florence but I can hardly remember it (am seeming to lose my memory and I'm not kidding...its probably early dementia or something. That would be my luck hey, I loose weight and go effing mad.) bahaha...I shouldn't laugh as it seriously could be happening.

So good to hear from you Linda and Zip. Sorry that the MDDS thing didn't work out. I can understand the 50% thing...you would feel gutted if you went all that way and was told it was only the placebo. I would feel gutted anyway. I hope something comes of his trial though and it leads to some kind of breakthrough or treatment for you.

Sorry things are a bit shit at the moment Zip. I thought you might have been up in the mines somewhere doing house maiding...did that not eventuate? Life sure can chuck shitballs at you sometimes. I do hope things start to look up a bit soon. Sounds like the weight thing is going ok...its like that isn't it...up and down. I still eat shit, I just can't help it. I still loves a bit of chocolate now and then, and all the other bad stuff, but I just can't eat as much (thought I still do alright :)

My weight is going ok I think. I'm down to 75kg now and a size 14. Didn't think I'd get this far. Everyone thinks I'm doing so well (and want me to stop here as 'im thin enough'..lol...but they don't realise its not totally up to me.) YOu see...and I'd never say this on the other forum, don't hardly go there really, but I think I've got a bit of surgery induced bulimia. I throw up A LOT after I eat because I get pain. Doc thinks its because of all the scar tissue and stomach has set like cement. Who know, maybe I'm eating too much? I'm not gaining weight though....still all the spewing could account for that. Who knows....life is never how you think its going to be, or should be.

Better go, big hugs to you all.
debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/03/14, 09:29 pm

Good to hear from you Zips. Sorry you are having a shit time. At least you have until Oct to shift 5 kgs.

There is a professor at Deakin Uni in Melb and he has been making a lot of press lately about MDDS. I have had 2 people at the bridge club come up to me after reading an article and hearing him on the radio. He is doing a trial on Transmagnetic stimulation of the brain. He wants volunteers. I put my hand up but then I found I could be in the control group and not receive any treatment. It just wasn't worth all the travel back and forth to Melb for a month. I would definitely put myself out if I was getting the treatment but not for 50% chance. He is going to be on the project tonight talking about it.

We are off on a road trip on Tuesday. Just driving up the coast from Melb to Wollongong. Might find our next town to live in. We are over the heat and the cold and might find somewhere more temperate to live. Not for a few years yet. We love it here but eventually the workload of the property will be too much.

My daughter got engaged Yay at 38 LOL
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/03/14, 09:05 pm

Hi girls, great to hear everyone is doing so well.

Life has been insanely upside down for me and I have been suffering a lot of depression. I truthfully need a kick up the arse but as soon as one problem works its self out another comes along and just levels the ground again.

So the up shot is that I went down to 64 kilos and am now back to 74 and have been there for a few months. It doesnt bother me really because everyone says I look better but you know how it is, in our heads thinner is better than the alternative.

My problem is that I have reintroduced alcohol...no Im not a grog a holic but I have been having a few over the weekends to relax a bit and for me grog equals weight gain.

Food wise I can eat considerably more than I could before but still not as much as with the band. I know its just bad habits and snacking but hey there is no surgery for that.

All in all life feeeels pretty shitty for me right now and I am of this moment determined to turn that thinking around.

I bought an outfit to wear for my daughters October wedding so I have to make sure I dam well fit it... in fact I was 5 kilo lighter when I bought it so I better squeeze that off in all.

So there ya go.. not a very happy ya ya post from me but I aint feeling it at all these days... I guess no work, a wedding to pay for and a whole bunch of other crap will do that for ya.

Not to worry onwards and upwards so to speak...cept for the scales I spose
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/02/14, 11:22 pm

Hey Tara that is great news. You might bring back an italian stallion!

Have a wonderful trip.

Linda
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/02/14, 10:17 am

EEEEK Hiya Girls,

So excited to hear from you both.   I really miss our little group here. Losin it, Zip - please report for duty !!

I'm plodding along alright too. Back to my lowest Lap Band weight (88% of excess weight lost, what does that even mean ???)

I've still got heaps to lose (which may never actually eventuate) and I continually struggle to keep my calories and sugar (omg I am sooooo addicted to processed crap) under control. Yay for STILL being on a diet - NOT.

On a totally un diet related note. I am going to Rome for a month !!!! (That does not feel real to say, other people do that stuff , not me.) 

I traveled a lot when I was young but got back to Oz and life got me so this will be my first trip in over 22 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!
I NEVER, ever thought I'd be able to get away again sooooo eeeek and yay AND even though I am traveling with my gorgeous size 8 friend .. I wont look fat in the photos (OLD but not too fat lol !!!)

Those coins I threw in De Trevi fountain in 1991 must have worked !!!!

Hooroo for tonight,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/02/14, 05:37 am

Hi Debs

Same ol same ol here. Nothing much changed. I have been off the wine so my rocking is much improved.

Linda
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/02/14, 02:54 am

How are people going? Anyone still coming here? Tara, Zip, Linda, Losingit? I thought I would check incase I missed any updates etc... hope everyone is well and doing ok.

debs
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/12/13, 11:45 pm

I got the same message and have been getting it for months....I've had to google it everytime :(  I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/12/13, 09:54 pm

I had trouble getting to the site. Says the domain time is up or expired.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/12/13, 09:17 am

Thanks Linda. I should try and post a photo. Its funny, since I've lost some weight I don't think I've even had a single pic taken. Should rectify that so I have some proof it happened. I have a terrible feeling in a year or two it'll all have gone up in a puff of smoke. (You know what weightloss is like...easy come easy go! :)

Oooh I hope he is ok. Poor Zip. Its awful when a loved one is unwell.

Linda I still have heaps of that protein powder left so if you'd like some more let me know.
Hope everyone else is travelling well.

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   04/12/13, 08:24 pm

That is great news Debs. After what you have been through you certainly deserve it. I was thinking of you the other day. I finished off that protein powder you sent me. Last time I spoke to zips her dad had been sick. She was really busy.

Linda
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   04/12/13, 09:31 am

Hi girls! I didn't get any email updates that people had written so didn't know there was anyone about. Sorry! Good to see you all. I'm travelling ok too. Had a visit with the doc and he says I'm doing well and wants to see me again in six months for a swallow test to see what my tummy is looking like. Yikes, I hate those disgusting tests.
I'm down to 78kg now so am doing ok but tend to spew a bit as my tum feels really hard (think its all the scar tissue on it.) Its ok though, I'm still loosing, albeit verrrrry slowly but its better than nothing. Lost about 28kg all up me thinks?

How are you going Tara?

I should check out the paleo diet too....I likes me protein :)

love debs

I wonder how Zip is going?
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   13/11/13, 04:26 am

Catton and Suzzi glad you are both still banded as I am.
To the others that are sleeved it looks like it is all working for you.
Just checking in.
I am still sitting on 88k up from 2 years ago and hoping to lose the weight still. I have had a few problems with the fill but it seems to be fine again. Stress defently upsets my band immediately it goes tight.
I have been on a juice fast for 7 days to reboot my system.
Take care and if I don't get back in have a great Christmas everyone.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/11/13, 05:00 am

Hiya Linda Pinda !!!

Great to hear back from you.
Now .. Debs, Losin it, Zippy please report for duty !!   lol

I'm going great thanks. Yup, it's official I love the Sleeve.

Mind you, I still have to Calorie Count all day , every day or or just fall totally off the wagon and live off ice cream, lollies, chips and cheese.
But having the sleeve makes it sooooooooooo much easier to do.

Well done on your 2 kilos !
I've got a few Paleo recipes, I must have a bit more of a look at them cos some of them look yum.

Mwah
Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/11/13, 12:24 am

Hey Tara

How the hell are you. Is the sleeve all you hoped it would be?

I have lost a couple of kilos doing Paleo for 2 weeks. I just can't stick with it though. I cracked and had 2 crumpets for breakfast.

How is everyone else travelling?

Linda
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/11/13, 12:09 am

***************** tumbleweed rolls through *************

Is our site dead girls ???       NOooooooooo !!!!!

Mwah
Tara
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/10/13, 10:09 am

Cheer Hi All, 
Wonderful news today saw the surgeon and he confirmed for me that my band is still in sitro and perfectly fine ! After months of worry and heartache such a huge weight is been taken from my shoulders after being told the band has slopped and that it would cost me a small fortune to have fixed to find out after all these months of no fill and worry and a massive weight gain of 10 kilo's i could have been losing weight ! oh well them's the breaks ! LOL  So Friday i get a fill am so looking forward to starting again just hope i could get this head of mine in the right mind set after months of emotional eating .. So need your Encouragment right now bandit family ! xxxxxx cheers Suzzie
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/09/13, 06:39 am

When have we ever let that stop us before !! lol

The weather up here is glorious so you guys down South should catch up very soon.
It was 32 degrees here today. Good gosh it's just about time to get out a (shudder) swimsuit. I've gone up and down sizes so many bloody times I have no idea what I have that will fit. Reckon it will still be boardies and a t-shirt along with my glowing white skin I will be a picture ! Ba ha ha but certainly not a pretty one.

Plodding along with the whole Sleeve thing, it is not as "easy" as I had imagined. I seriously don't know what I had imagined cos it sure as sh*t is soooooooo much easier than the band.

I tried the not dieting, just eating small portions but that totally did not work cos I was cooking with HEAPS of cheese and still snacking and eating chocolate etc etc.

So now I am back on the diet bandwagon YET AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a woo hoo ... hahahaha hell no.

Mwah
Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/09/13, 05:02 am

Likewise.  Does getting fatter by the day count?  :(
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/09/13, 10:15 pm

Yeah nothing constructive to contribute
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/09/13, 11:18 am

Good god we're quiet in here. (Tumbleweed rolls past.) 

I hope we are all okay ????

Tara
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/09/13, 04:13 am

Thought I better drop in and say Hi all...still going here, still banded, have had some tuff times, but still going....had a terrible blockage the other week and vomited for days....just keeps me on my toes....not a lot of news.....good to see that Debs has posted...love to catch up Debs.....xo
Oops forgot to say had .25mls put in and it really upset the apple cart, has been 2 years since a fill, and could not believe that he could be so bad...thought I would need it, bit possibly not....
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/08/13, 04:46 am

Boy did  have a lot to catch up on.
Deb I am pleased you are finely feeling ok again.
Linda I hope the rocking stops
Tara I see you have had the sleeve and traveling ok with it.
Zippy got rid of your problem and your sleeve is doing ok and a new job looking at you.
Losingit
I agree you should see a Doctor.
Suzie  I can understand what you are going through. I put on 9k and determent to get it off I started a reboot by juicing. I am happy to say 5k has gone.
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/
That is the site if you would like to look at it.
All of a sudden I found I was wanting everything in site and sweets like never before. I had 1/2 the fill I had out put back in last week as I have to nip this in the bud now. I do think I could have done the juice without having the fill back in but did not start till that day.
I never thought I could do a day of just juice but I have done 5. I think I will make a lentil soup for dinner tonight or maybe tomorrow night.
Sorry if I let anyone out but I do think of you all.
Take care
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next