Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty03/11/12, 12:16 am

I think we "tell it as it is" people are a bit like that. We also don't need many people. I would prefer to have no friends than a lot of the fake ones I left in Perth. Since moving here we have really decided we are hermits and don't mind if we don't see anyone for days and days.

Be careful what you wish for I say.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 11:23 pm

I could only find it at the chemist Linda... I did check all the supermarkets round here but none stocked it.

Pffft who would befriend someone on facebook just to stalk them...shame... shame I say2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 155381

Pity I didnt think of it first.... no its a pity I dont have face book or I would have ba ha haaa

I do remember you saying something like that Loosinit ( much out of character for you to be so honest too he he heee) and I dooooo remember the acidic reaction... I too had a wee smile at the occasion.

Perhaps in hindsight my whole arse up band journey and ensueing sleeving is a self made prophesy... maybe... dunno all I know is I am a sucky dieter.

I have also come to the realisation that I push people away before they leave me... light bulb moment I know huh... anywho I am trying to work out how to stop it... or even if I should. There is something comforting in knowing the whole world is filled with arseholes and your the only peach amongst them.

Anywhooo I dont think there is a magic pill and I have been told the only cure is to let people in and hug them a lot unconditionally...which will be hard for this nearly 50 synical old bat... Im not the hug ya and tell you my inner fuzzies kinda gal.

So any ideas would be greatly accepted... does anyone else do this or am I out there with the party hat on all on my own.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 10:31 pm

Actually if I remember correctly she was "50 kgs gone forever". It could be another person of course.

I recall mentioning a few times that I didn't think I would ever be able to say 'gone forever' and it got up her nose and she let me know. I had a good laugh about that.

Hope you feel better soon, Zippy.

Tara - even if you 'only did one week', it's a week more than I have managed. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 09:50 pm

That kivia looks like it would be good for my mum. Can you buy it at the supermarket? I haven't heard of it before.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 09:35 pm

Get well soon zips

The 40 kg woman is still slim as far as I know. I purposely befriended her on facebook so I could watch. Sicko that I am. I think she runs a lot.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 09:21 pm

dont be too hard on yourselves.. I was exactly the same. I struggled with my opti pre op this time round pre sleeve, where I was a total saint prior to having the band put in.

I dont know if its age related, or the simple fact that I was burnt out from years of trying so hard to lose, or keep off weight that I simply just couldnt take another step with the dieting thing.

I take my hat off to Delia for being able to do Dukan and being confidant that she can do it for life...sadly I dont have the nuts any more... I think my band broke me to be honest.

I have seen other strong indoviduals like Delia, with bands go on and successfully keep it all as it should be but I suck as such stuff.

Anyway on another note, I bought some of that Kivia that they advertised on telly. Its the fibre that is derived from kiwi fruit and has prebiotics etc.... anywhoo, its excellent stuff if anyone is in need.

I take osmolax but like to add some bulk ( not eating much makes for slow transit) but most of the fibres like benefibre and psyllium give me bloating and wind and discomfort but these two small chewable tabs a day worked quickly..smoothly and with no side effects at all.

http://www.kivia.com.au/What-is-Kivia

Great to find something on this journey that makes things easier.

I have had a horrendous flu and everything but toast and vegemite with drippy butter, chips and chocolate cake made me throw up ( sadly sleeve or no sleeve these things went down in huge amounts). Fortunately, there has been no weight gain ( got the guts to weight myself this morning) but if it continues it will happen, so I am back on the wagon... for now.

I find it very hard to kick carbs and while I still feel like shite its harder cos I am weak with myself and give in to my inner whining.

Fark it.... I just have to be tough. I made some chicken and low carb veg soup so I will just go cold turkey.

It is so easy to talk ones self into a bowl of chips with a choc mud cake chaser ( even though the choc cake will make you sick with in 15 mins of eating it)

As you can see I am a self made victim.. I revel in destroying myself I think... but I is who I is and I wont change and no shrink has ever had the kahunas to do it, so I guess its me and that how it is.

So chins up ladies...we are all the victims of our own choices...though I do prefer the saying "we are all victims of our own gene pool and I think someone pissed in mine"

Dam to hell my metobolically superior survivalist forebares!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 09:32 am

k
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 09:14 am

Bit like comparing apples and oranges really Delia.
One is a protein powder and the other is VLCD meal replacement.

There a few more yummy looking things on their site I am eyeing off tho.

T
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 07:48 am

So Tara the peanut on is the best hay?
Delia
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 07:26 am

Oh I hear ya on the no stamina to start another diet.

I did ... & lasted a week of pure awesome, perfect will power, calorie counting gung ho-ness and then sure enough the switch in my brain switched off as fast as it switched on. Diet over !

I knew it wouldn't last & have managed to clean up a couple of bad eating habits and, of course have reintroduced a few bad old ones too.

Oh, I AM kinda still shaking.
I bought some VLCD shakes off the Vitacost website and holy cow they are shocking !!!
Nobody's gunna want me to be chucking them in the post let me tell ya !
So I must openly admit that I shall never slag off Optispew again - in fact I reckon I should give it it's dues and call it by it's correct name. All hail the OptiFAST !! lol

Ohhh does anyone know what ever happened to the 40 kilos lost FOREVER woman ?? She is always in the back of my cynical, bitter and twisted mind.

T

Ps ... Linda -- more wine, more Valium I say !!!!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 07:05 am

Girls I had 1ml out of my band this week. They did not want to take it out but I insisted. With the gym and the Dukan I am hoping I can keep losing.
Debs I have sent you an email
Linda I feel for you and the condition. Have you tried magnesium foot soaks? I have seen a skin condition my friend had for 6 years just about disapper when she started this. Sounds strange but magnesium is a wonderful thing and we seem to lack it.
Could be worth a try.
Losingit I can't imagine what I would feel like if I put the weight back on but it is alway in the back of my head that it could happen.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 06:38 am

Debs

http://www.mddsfoundation.org/

This is a link about it. I have had it for 19 years but only after google did I understand that it wasn't just me. Every other time I have gone into remission. The first instance I had it for 1 week. Then 2 weeks then 3 weeks then the time before last 6 1/2 months. Then I got all the info on it and thought that as long as I never went on another boat I would be ok. This time it started spontaneously and I have had it for over 20 months. There seems to be a lot of spontaneous ones who have had it a few times before.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 03:15 am

Thanks ladies. Linda i know you've mentioned the rocking before but i can't remember the particulars. Has it been diagnosed as anything? It does sound like relaxation eases it, hence it going on holidays. You poor thing, it sounds awful. I've never experienced anything like that..well like losingit i have with an ear infection or something but nothing that lasts a long time. The other night i did have a frightening experience with a migraine aura that had me literally seeing stars..and sparkles...and crazy patterns and colours...and took part of my vision away for an hour or so but at least it was fast. I can't imagine that terrible rocking just going on constantly.

Losingit, i totally get what you're saying. It is the same with me. I feel amost jittery if my next meal isn't a takeaway. I really have to fight it and feel almost like an alcoholic except with food. Actually for the first time in my life i feel like i have an eating disorder...its so different to before the band where i would eat pretty good, just too much. Now i feel like it was a 'wasted' meal if it wasn't something junky, like a burger or chips or something. I even used to drink diet soft drinks but since the band has been loosened i only want the full sugar ones. I used to grab a diet one automatically, now i grab a sugar one automatically and don't even realise until i bought it. Its like my mind isn't engaged until after i do the deed. Its kind of a feeling of being out of control and i hate it.

I might mention it to my doc but i'm worried he'll just think 'yeah right, its nothing to do with the band, you were fat to begin with remember, you're just looking for something to blame it on.' Or thoughts along those lines.... I feel so embaressed by it all. Maybe i need to go cold turkey and just cut out everything and do opti. I feel so overwhelmed and confused by this new turn of (eating) events. Losingit, have you ever mentioned any of this to your doc?

Maybe this was how tara was feeling as she said she'd put back on nearly all her lost weight too. I wonder if this happened to her...this eating pattern change, or eating taste change.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 01:38 am

Yeah I know the feeling loosingit. I just don't seem to have the stamina to start another diet.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 01:10 am

I'll add to the misery. Like you, Debs - I used to have a pretty healthy diet before banding, just too much of it. Now - I eat so much crap it's unbelievable. I have more than made up for the time I struggled with a too-tight band. Unfortunately, all my hard work has been reversed - so let that be a lesson to you! I say that only to prove that it is possible to regain whatever has been lost, band or not. I still eat healthy food, it's just that the crap has increased markedly. I would enjoy the occasional treat before, but now . . . . . . it seems there's no stopping me. It's like my body is a magnet for it.

Linda - how frustrated you must be with the rocking. I don't know how you cope with it. It must be horrible. The only way I can relate in a small way is when I have had a severe ear infection and it has thrown me off balance. I'm sure that's nothing compared to what you have.

Back to work for me tonight. I had last weekend off, and had intended that I would be returning to work somewhat lighter . . . . I had in mind to get stuck into the Optifast, but of course that hasn't happened.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 12:52 am

Make sure you tell the doctor that Debs.

I feel pretty crap myself. My rocking seems to be getting worse not better. I was wondering if I went to a health spa or something and did no housework and had massages would it knock it on the head. It seems standing still cooking or doing dishes starts it off. If I bend over I nearly fall. I can't stand bright lights or noise so shopping centres are a living hell. I just remember back to 2009 when we went to Phuket it went away. Then the next time we went it went away only to return after being home a few days. This last time it was better but no signs of going away completely. It is like my brain is frozen in this pattern and will not reset.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty02/11/12, 12:39 am

Glad your pain is easing up Delia. SO how is everyone travelling? I think i told you that i got an ultrasound booked for the 12th of this month and i managed to change my appointment with Dr P to the 16th. I don't reckon they'll find anything though, the pain has gone totally.

How are you going with the shakes Tara? Are you still on them? Having much luck? I think i'm going to have to go onto the opti again as i'm eating like an oinker. Since the fluid was taken out i can eat anything and everything and i'm craving all those slider foods. I think the band has left me with worse eating habits then before i got it. Before i ate pretty good, just too much of it. Now i'm eating crap...because that's mostly all i feel like...high sugar and high fat...feels almost like an addiction or something. I've never been like this before and its worrying. Even my partner says its like my body is looking for a way to replace the calories i didn't have while my band was tight. I just know i'm going to end up back at square one. I know its all my own fault...big fat piggy grunter... Sigh.. I've put on three kilos in the last few weeks...that's like a kilo a week!

I am still eating healthy foods but i'm just eating extra crap food aswell and can't seem to stop..i feel possessed. Geez sorry girls for such a downer of a post...just feeling really blah and needed to vent. I know its all in my own hands and i'm sure i'll get on top of it eventually. Just hope i can do it before all my hard work is undone....

On another note...i've started painting again and just finished a picture yesterday so there are good things going on. Just sick of the majority of my thoughts being about food.

deb
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty31/10/12, 11:12 am

Oh I feel good today hope it lasts.
I think it is the way I drank the wine, with strawberries and mulberry juice to much acid and I did not eat much that day or drink much so all combines. I came home and went right to bed so it sat in my stomach. I woke 4 times so thirsty and drank a glass of water each time. I will nto do it again. Also I will not be drinking cheap wine again.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty30/10/12, 11:08 pm

Good that you know what it is Delia. Funny about wine causing it. I should have died from it by now LOL

Good too that your pain has settled Debs.

I tried the shake as soon as I got home with it as it smelt so good. I just made it with tap water. It was nice but I can see how it would be nicer with cold water or skim milk or almond milk. I bought some skim milk to try it like that. I would have got almond milk but aldi don't sell it. I was too stuffed to go to another supermarket. I did training yesterday with vision australia so it was a full on day. Alan and I are both volunteers there now.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty30/10/12, 10:14 am

That's great news Delia. So glad its ok for you bandwise. Shame about the gastritis though! You poor thing, i hope it eases soon.

My pain has all but gone since i took that damn nexium. I know that sounds weird that i'm dissapointed as i was really hoping it would be there when when he checks me out. Oh well.
How is everyone else travelling?
debs
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty30/10/12, 08:26 am

Well I have been back to my surgeon rooms and saw my fills doctor. I am so relieved
she does not think the band has slipped and that I have a really bad attack of gastritis.
(brought on by wine and acid foods) I was good yesterday and today but last night
I could have taken a knife to my stomach it was so sore and stabbing.

I am so glad.

She did say if I still have it in 4 to 6 weeks that we will talk to my
banding Dr and he may do tests but she thinks it will be ok by then.

I asked to have a ml out of the band so that is 2.5m I have taken out so I
will have to follow Dukan well to keep losing.

Delia
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty29/10/12, 11:21 am

cool let me know what you think.
debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty29/10/12, 01:01 am

Thanks Debs

I picked it up this morning. It smells amazing even in the package.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty27/10/12, 12:26 am

Yeah peanut butter flavoured coke. Hahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty26/10/12, 09:44 pm

Thanks Debs. I hope aussie post doesn't think it's drugs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next