Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty07/11/12, 02:50 am

Yeah its a female impersonater with a 4 course meal included... I eat what I want off the plate and hubby hoovers the rest. I usually manage a bit out of each course.

Sandy is very rude and crude but its a great night for $60 a head as long as you dont bust out on the grog that is cos then it would blow it out.

NOt much happening here...been in the garden all morning and just came in to have a shower and a cold drink.

Luch was a few nuts so not too bad me thinks...didnt have breakfast though as I just opted for a coffee... pfft will prob make up for it later in jelly snakes!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/11/12, 09:54 am

Sandy Bottoms? lol Can't say that i have! Sounds interesting though. Is it like a caberet, or dinner theatre type thing?
Oh your salad sounds nice...love mango and macadamia nuts and prawns aren't too bad either :)
I can see that being a downer, that with even a healthy meal you can only get a bit down. Still its a trade off i'm happy to makes me think. Glad you had a nice day out..sounds lovely. And sounds like you get on really well with your daughter. I get on really well with my mum too, probably hang out with her way too much but she is on my wavelength so it is never a chore. Loves my ma!
debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/11/12, 03:56 am

Its possible Linda but it was more an over full type feeling. So full your gonna burst feeling...its not pleasant.

I went out for lunch today down by the river with my daughter and it was lovely. I ordered a garlic prawn, mango and macadamia salad...it was so bloody good but I could not do it justice and 3 prawns a feew chunks of mango and I was done.

Thats the down side of WLS me thinks and to be honest it was a healthy choice so being able to eat the lot would not have been too bad.

Hey Deb have you ever done the Sandy Bottoms show at the Bean Bar.

I have done it twice...rude, crude and posatively the best nights I have had out.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/11/12, 12:40 am

God that sounds awesome Zip. That's a big problem of mine...everything tastes so damn good! I want it to taste foul...bring on the foul! If i do get the sleeve i hope it effects me like it effects you....i hope i'm not like a bandit and notice hardly any difference. I want spewing and shitting and the sweats...and i want them from food, not just panic attacks. Hahahahaha....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty04/11/12, 09:31 pm

Maybe it was the fat in the kfc that gave you such a bad reaction.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty04/11/12, 09:05 pm

Its kinda weird Deb but with the band I would eat the nuggets or get a quarter pounder and eat the patty but now it all just tastes like flavourless rubber

However...

A banana is divine and salad is a flavour burst. Steak and chicken is awesom.

The KFC wing I had was also tasteless...perhaps its the fat that is reacting differently now and makes the food no kick. Im not sure but I have noted that a looooot of sleevers say the same thing.

I live off jarrah chia tea, cheese stringer sticks..swiss cheese... peanut butter and salads and clean meat... and I eat the odd narna.

Coffee which I used to love tastes foul now.

Its kinda weird. I cant eat a lot of chocolate now either any more than 2 squares tastes like rat poison.

However my love of a rum and diet coke has remained... though I cant do more than 1 or Im on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty04/11/12, 11:01 am

Stop it girls you are making me want this crap now.lol
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty04/11/12, 10:39 am

Oh my goodness...aren't they the best Zip! They make a mean chicken burger too. Ok, shutting up now. lol
Yeah i go to mcdonalds too...when i had the band most days their nuggets were all i could get down so i developed a taste for it...now a nugget won't suffice so i drawn into their other calorie laden delicacies. God i would love that...for all that greasy fatty food to taste different and be unappealing. One day...i know it'll happen...one day.... :)
debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty04/11/12, 06:49 am

Oh Lordy now I want fish coctails from the bar fish and chipper...they are sooooooooooooo good! ( just a side note...their potato scallops are good too!)

Yes I am up for a cuppa some time Debs...you tell me when you are free or want to and I will fit it in.

I love take away...but dont eat it much... maybe once a month when hubby is home. Prior to the band I was a Macdonalds whore...a hang over from having kids who loved it... I loved it as well... now if I go I just get a coffee cos it doesnt taste the same... but then really most things dont now and salad tastes awesom....go figure
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty04/11/12, 12:29 am

See Zip that's what i need..a big 'step away from the chicken or i'm gonna hurt you so bad you're not gonna know which way is up!' warning, and if i follow through, i need to spewing, shitting, woozy consequences to slap me around the ears and make me wake up to myself.

You're right though, with the band if you got stuck you just chucked it up and pain gone. Some people with the band had that thing where if they were sick they coulnd't eat again because their tummy felt weird. I didn't. If i spewed it just cleared an annoying blockage and i was still hungry. That's what i said to doc...the hunger doesn't go away, you stop eating because you're in pain after two bites but the hunger rumbles on below. So the sleeve sounds like a godsend in that respect.

Delia, sounds like you have a fantastic group of friends worth their weight in gold. I have my best girlfriend who lives away from me so i only see her once every few years, but strangely that's enough for me. I also see some lovely girls that i have coffee with sometimes with my mum, they're her friends really but i've know them for years too but only see them when mum sees them. Its all because of my anxiety though...i've probably missed out on a lot in life because of my anxiety but ya get that. I've spent years working on it and am much better than i was but i still feel 'trapped' very easily and need to run. I relate very easily to what you say Zip. We should get a coffee one day Zip, you know i'm weird and i know you're weird so we should be fine. LOL

I wish i was like you Linda and Losingit. I used to be before the band...hardly ever had takeaway but now its all i want. And there's a little chippy here in the bar that does the best fish cocktails you ever did try. I'm thinking of trying hypnosis...anyone tried that? I did it once but this tiger turned up and wouldn't shut up and i couldn't focus on my food issues! A waste of a hundred bucks. The hypnotists nearly wet herself saying it was my spirit guide and it takes years usually for one to show up...but i was pissed as he didn't help at all with the food stuff!

Ok, going off on a weird tangent now.... lol

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 10:48 pm

Yum I just had the PB shake with skim milk and ice blocks. Much better than with tepid water. Just didn't know what I felt like today. I had a small mango and decided to go for the shake. Good decision.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 10:27 pm

Oh - so there is someone else out there like me! Thank God, I thought I was a complete freak of nature. I am, but let's not go into that. I can't remember the last time I had take-away food. Mind you, being on my own there's not a lot of incentive to do that. I don't have someone offering it to me or suggesting that it's a good alternative . . . . . . . . or just turning up with it. I figure by the time I haul myself off the couch and walk downstairs, lumber myself into the car and head off for take-away, I could be halfway through something I have here.

There's always something in the freezer, fridge or pantry that can be prepared quickly. I'm a party-pooper at work too - I always take food in with me. Most nights someone will go for take-away and ask around if anyone wants anything. They just about fall over backwards if I say I'll have a coffee.

Mind you, put the food in front of me and see if I can say no. That's a whole different story.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 09:37 pm

LOL zips you should write a book. You are so descriptive.

I couldn't tell you when I last had kfc or any other take away. Oh yes I had a junior whopper at the airport in June. It just doesn't feature in our lives. Our nearest town is 5 mins by car away and they sell crap food. So if you want proper takeaway it is a 40 minute round trip. The worst we do is oven baked fish n chips or party pies. Now my problem area is wine and then more wine and then I want twisties.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 09:10 pm

Well its good to know there is a herd of miserable ole cows out there and not just me all rouge on my own.

Debs Im the same, its pretty much just me, the hubby and the kids. I do have one or two friends but the relationship isnt like Delia has... we simply catch up for coffee now and again. I like it like that cos I can leave when Im getting the irrates. I can only be in a conversation about "them" for so long then my mind wanders to counting bricks.

Aaaand I can relate to the KFC...this is the sleeved version.... the husband brought home a bucket last week and my paw was the first in and I pulled out a wing...I know huh...anywhoooo I chowed down on it and half way through I thought "wow, full now" but like a true weiner I plowed on whilst eyeing off the juicey peice sitting on top of the pile with a nice and plump popes nose on it (chicken bum)

I kept eating this wing till I could get to that bum and rip it off even though I was going way over my full point but I did it and tore into that succulant little morsel sitting prized like a diamond on greasy peice on top the bucket.

Now when I say a wing ...it was a small wing... it was only the chickens bum I added to that scarfing but........ooooooooooh the over full pain and sickness.... and ooooooooooooh how I threw it all up in the sink.

So the sleeve definitely puts pay to the greedy gutzness we can display. I know the band does as well but one needs to experience this to know what I mean.

You feel all kinds of queezy and over full and the sweats start then the room spins and the arse hole starts to pucker and pout and you think you are gonna blow back and front and turn completely inside out. You litterally want to die. It is like you ate 5 christmas dinners and backed up for sweets.... and all I ate was a frigging small KFC chicken wing and bum.

Its aweful and I will never push past the Im comfortably sated again ( or not for a while shall we say...no doubt I will do it again cos Im an idiot). With the band you chuck it up and the pain is gone but with the sleeve you throw it up and you wanna keep throwing up cos you have made yourself sick.

The best part is you feel sleepy afterwards and get to sleep it off. Like I said just like eating too much at Xmas
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 01:46 pm

I find it hard at times to stick to the dukan (tonight we went to freinds who just brought a pizza oven) and yes I ate pizza and some dip and crackers. Left the desset alone but did have a shortbread with tea later. No wine for me with my stomach as it still is not quite right.
I also know that at some stage my will power could just go and I would be in deep shi.....
It is not easy for any of us.
On a good note I have two girls in my group that were sleeved 3 months ago and they have lost 35k.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 01:42 pm

You girls crack me up.
Hope you are all having a great weekend and Zippy you are feeling better.
I must be the one out here.
I have heaps of good freinds and a couple very close freinds.
I work at my freindships with my good freinds we get together every week. One my closest friend is at my home just about every week for a night or two and I go to her when she is not here for a night. My husband thinks he has two wives at times I am sure.
I catch up with my 6 other long term friends 40 years plus at least twice a year. Always once before Christmas.
I would be lost without the support of my friends.
But in saying that I live in a small town inland from the coast and at times will not go out for a couple of weeks. Some freinds always call in to see me so really not alone much.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 06:54 am

Linda,

Ba ha ha THAT's what I thought too !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 05:58 am

Lol...I'll have to join your vinegar tits club too then....I'm a hermit too and have been since the day I was born. I've lived in this town 20 years and really only know my own family. Lol. I don't mind though as I was an agoraphobic for over five years and barely left the house or fainting or vomiting would ensue. You'd be surprised how many friends run from you when you pass out on them. Lol So compared to then, I'm a social butterfly now with my best friend slash boyfriend. It's how's I like it, would rather have one or two good mates than a pile of acquaintances.

So I'm going to try and screw my head on right and not be dragged down into mysery....or drag you girls down with me, by whinging about my food choices. It hit me when coming up for air out of a bucket of KFC today that the more power I give to my food the more power it has over me. I know that I'm a piggy grunter....that's why I got the band......and I know that I will always have food issues....even if I get the sleeve at some stage those issues will still be there, so I just have to learn to deal with it.

Sorry you've been so sick zip....sounds like a bugger of a flu you had.
Linda I looked up your rocking thing.....Jebus it sounds horrid. Have you found anything that can ease it?
Thanks for the email delia, you're a sweetheart.
Tara a week is better than nothing!

Debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 04:45 am

We can all be vinegar tits from prisoner

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 579334
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 04:44 am

Girls you crack me up soooooooo much. I too try to be nice but sign me up to be a vinegary old hermit too. (Please include trips to Aldi for their Fairtrade Dark Chocolate in my hermit agreement!)

Linda -OMG I love you even more know I know you are a big cyber stalker. Good work on that front I must say.

Oh yes .. Losin it - I do remember you being in the poo from our 50 kilos woman. (maybe all that weigh gone forever made her snappy!)

See that's the bloody point if we all ran 10 kilometres (or whatever) per day FOREVER then we'd all be good. But what happens when your knees go ...... etc etc.

Gosh feeling bitter and twisted. Maybe a protein shake will fill up my bitter ..... lol watch this space.

T

Last edited by tumultuous-tara on 03/11/12, 04:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 04:32 am

I quite often get told "why don't you tell us what you really think", As I already have I can only assume that it was too much for them to handle.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 04:25 am

I have a lamb massamum curry in the slow cooker. Blowies have come from all over australia to smell it.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 04:24 am

yeah but we are good at it

loosingit what does this mean

'Barb'wire - am I right?

Ohhh I get it yes thats the one LOL

Last edited by Linda on 03/11/12, 04:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 03:59 am

see now you girls are on the same page... I could easily be a hermit.. on an island...out in the middle of australia or here in my own back yard.

I am not an unsavoury person but I doooo find people usually use me or I find out they are stabbing me in the back...and this is mostly people I am closely related to so gawd knows what the unrelations are doing.

I am told its an issue though and that I should seek some sort of resolution... I have sat and pondered this since this convo and yes I do push people away before they do or say something either hurtful..deceitful or just plain frigging nasty.

Is it my issue? yes... but do I want to change and get into that vunerable mode again ooooor do I stay the jaded, vinegary old bitch I am and keep everyone even some I love in the "I know your gonna be an arsehole shortly" basket.

Perhaps I should just take a holiday and not come back.. a nice lil island somewhere where rum runs iced and in diet coke all day and no one cares what I eat... in fact there is no one but me there to care what I bloody eat.

Sheesh I hate it when people shed light on me and make me look at myself...now I will spend days pondering my short falls then eating to forget then just plain forgetting and getting on with it.

Its a hard hard bloody road being old and stuck in your ways aint it.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty03/11/12, 03:28 am

Yup - I'm like that too. Don't really care that much. The fake people can have it. The few friends I have take me as I am, as I do them. No bullshit, we say it as it is. True, I have been known to offend people, but I never do so deliberately, if they are offended by the truth then so be it.

I can't be a warm fuzzy person either, just not in my nature.

I can relate to the hermit situation. I have no qualms in not seeing people for days.

'Barb'wire - am I right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next