Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Delia
Delia

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty02/08/12, 11:12 am

Linda they are all working on the Kindle and have you worked out how to put the music on yours?
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty02/08/12, 11:11 am

Hope you are feeling better Zippy I had a bad day today. Tomorrow I will be up and running. Have to can't be like I was today again.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 11:39 pm

Linda I think yours will mine is not the latest model. Let me know if you can't find how to and I will walk you through it.
Actually you just copy from your music folder and paste into music folder in the kindle folder .
Delia
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 11:37 pm

Morning all.... having had 4 days where my food intake had risen I am now back to eating very little and cant be arsed if I eat at all.

Weird stuff this weightloss surgery.

Bloody ass freezing here. Its sunny and clear but there is an icy breeze.

I am trying to think of what to cook for dinner... now this is an issue for me these days because Im not hungry and nothing tempts me so I have no desire to cook anything in particular.

Last night we had lemon and garlic fish with salad but tonight I am at a loss... I might do sketty bog or something like that... or maybe an omelette.... who knows.

Been getting pretty depressed lately for no reason... I think its that time of year or hormones ...bah ....anyway I started taking swisse mood and low and behold it has helped 100 percent so will stick to them for a while to stop being a drain on the family.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 10:49 pm

ohhh I didn't know it did that. I don't think mine does. You must have a super dooper one!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 02:35 pm

Love my kindle and I just brought an ipad and working out how to work it. It will be much easier to take when going away then the laptop whick is heavy to carry around.
I have worked out how to put the kindle books on to it tonight. Photos and music tomorrow.
I love the toys.
I also play music on my kindle. Take it to the beach all the time to read and listen to the music.
Delia
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 05:21 am

Me got no kindle either... I did consider it but then I have 5 books waiting to be picked up and read and I keep putting it off so I figure I prob would do the same with a kindle... it was an interesting idea though while I entertained it.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 03:10 am

No it is for reading only.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 03:00 am

No - I don't have one of those modern 'toys'. Have thought about getting an ipad, but to be honest, I have a fully functional (and new) computer so can't really justify the spend. I'm not a reader, so a kindle would be a waste for me. That's assuming it's basically for reading only . . . . . . . . I don't know if you can use them the same way as an ipad.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty01/08/12, 12:35 am

Do any of you girls have a kindle? Lisa sent me I quit sugar and I quit sugar cookbook and I uploaded them to my kindle. Quite interesting. She also sent me the 3 fifty shades of grey books a few months ago. They are in PDF but she put me on to a site that converts them to mobi files which you need for kindle. If you are interested she could probably get mobi files direct for them. She is pretty good with that stuff.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty31/07/12, 10:55 pm

Well its nothing fantastic. In truth its just ground revisited, I am still 6 kilos heavier than I was with the ban but my size is different.. kind a weird. I never lost my belly with the band it was tight and bloated from under my ribs like a beach ball... as if I were 7 month pregnant.

Now its flat with a little bit of pudge at the bottom where the muscles are slack.

I often wondered if it was swellling related to the band that was the reason it was always so bloated and tight... who knows.

I could never feel my innards through my tummy either cos it was so tight now its soft and palpable. Though thinking about it maybe this time I have lost internal fat inside my belly where before I lost the surface stuff.

I dont think it has taken a toll on my skin like last time either.. it has much more spring in it if you know what I mean. I put it down to being able to eat the full range of foods.

When I think back to what I could eat with the band I dont know how my body functioned on the limited nutritional value to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty31/07/12, 10:48 pm

Fan bloody tastic!

You have light between your thighs!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty31/07/12, 01:06 pm

Woo hoo!

Looking fantastic, Zippy. Well done you!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty31/07/12, 12:59 pm

Do- Dah,

You HOT -- and how young do you look !!!!

Thank you for sharing.

Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty31/07/12, 10:31 am

pre band

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Pictur13

Pre sleeve

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Clipbo11

Now

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 2012-017

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 2012-018

Click on them to make them larger
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 01:29 pm

after a while we both know even hard work wont stop the regain.... it aint no way to live!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 08:10 am

I fully agree with you about surgeons having a band for a while. I recall saying ages ago that they are full of advice, but none of them actually LIVE with a band. I remember one particular post I made saying exactly that about the so-called 'God' of banding (a Melb Surgeon credited with introducing the procedure here) and my point was that he might know a bit about the theory, but he (and others) needed to experience the reality before assuming they knew everything. Like a lot of posts I make, I think I inflamed a few people. I didn't (and don't) care - if people are upset by the truth then that's their problem.

To be fair, I think a lot of people at that point were starry-eyed and believed everything they were told by those in authority. Perhaps I have always been too much of a sceptic to believe all the bullshit that's fed to us. Until proven otherwise I am satisfied to remain a sceptic. Wonder how all those starry-eyed people are managing now?

Probably haven't regained all their weight . . . . .they just kept the faith and kept on working. Hmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 06:17 am

Its an absolute bitch Loosinit... I remember only too well your travels with the band and how hard you worked to acheive your phenominal loss.

I also understand how you feel about the band and any further WLS.. been there done that so I am fully supportive of how you feel. I was so close to backing out of my surgery due to the same feelings that it surprises me that I actually did go through with it.

In fact I am even more surprised that it works so easily. I think that the band was such a chore...both with eating difficulties and the effort it took with exercise etc to get things moving that I could not accept that this would be any better. But where it does differ is in the range of foods you can eat which help facilitate the loss with out the massive need for exercise.

Being able to eat small portions of good foods...normal foods and to be able to normally participate in gatherings with others with out the embarrassment of having to leave so you dont froth at the mouth or drool down the front of your shirt...or even worse having to excuse yourself quickly and several times during a meal to yack up quietly in a public bathroom.

I recon that doctors who support the band should have one inserted for 6 months with it half filled then send them back to advise patients....basically the device is forced anorexia... and it pushes your body into starvation mode so you find it extremely difficult to not only lose weight but not to regain it.

If I sound sour with the band I am. Having experienced both surgeries I am so angry that there are doctors out there who still push the band to poor people who are desperate to be normal and healthy.

Now there is my rant.

I support you either way Loosinit, it is a massive decision to make in a 3 way split...keep the band... take it out...or get further surgery. one feels damed if they do and damed if they dont!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 04:25 am

Perhaps I'm misunderstood. Yes, I was happy with the way I looked (relatively speaking) when I was smaller, but desperately unhappy with what it took to get that way ie. the struggle with eating and the excessive exercise. I knew that I couldn't sustain that momentum for the rest of my life, I even recall mentioning it here on several occasions. It was completely unsustainable for me. I declined social invitations, or if accepted, I was traumatised by the scene I would make by either not eating or getting something stuck.

Actually, funny that you mention the red dress. It was actually the effort I put into getting to that point that pushed me over the edge. Only a couple months later my thyroid was completely out of whack, and it only went downhill from there. The thyroid issue didn't happen overnight, and I figure it was around the time of the 'red dress' that things started going awry.

I have thought of the sleeve, but to be honest I really am in such trepidation of stuffing that up as well, and being out of pocket again, that I just figure I have to do what I have always done when losing weight: eat small portions of well-chosen food, and exercise . . . . . . . . and there lies the problem. I can't exercise at the moment, shit I can hardly move, so I have to lose weight to be able to exercise. Once the exercise starts, it becomes an obsession.

Unfortunately I think I may almost be classed as an OCD sufferer, certainly in terms of weight loss. Once I've made up my mind, there's no stopping me. I count every morsel and exercise furiously, and have a certain amount of resilience, but when it stops, and I am doing all the right things, it falls horrendously into a heap.

Enough of my rant.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 04:00 am

Making the decision to go from band to sleeve is enormously hard. I have to say it was the best decision I have made but prior to getting the sleeve I was filled with trepidation. I had in my mind as do many that it would simply be the same as the band but permenant.

But it isnt.... it is normal, you feel normal but just get full quickly and eat small portions.

For me everything is normal as it would be for an unbanded unsleeved indovidual.

I dont have the constant need to eat as food bores me now... sometimes I will admit I do "fancy' something but its a little bit of something so its not a big deal.

Of course one does have to make healthy choices.. it will always be that way but for me I was happy to not gain weight so to lose weight is a bonus as far as I am concerned.

I wont try to convince you, no one could have ever convinced me, it had to be a decision I came to myself. All I will say is that if your not happy go back to your doctor, the extra weight you are carrying will be convincing enough for him to see the band is not working for you. You will probably find he will do the changeover at a well reduced rate...mine bulk billed me.

I truely understand where your at Loosinit. When I was gaining weight with the band I was at a total freaking loss. It all seemed so hopeless and life was definitely a chore where food was concerned. Please dont continue to suffer with a non working band. Not only is it making your life a misery but it is doing you internal damage.

Your worth so much more than just accepting a sub standard job that your surgeon offered you so stand up and take back your life!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 03:48 am

linda thats the same feeling I had for quite some time before it developed into the the rushing up the throat type reflux.

Doc said it was iritation to the eosophigus that made me feel like I needed to keep clearing my throat as if something was there I needed to clear away.

It was after this that the sphinxter to the stomach became weak and it was just down hill from there so getting fill out is a good idea if thats what it is because it means your eosophigus is becoming traumitised...

Mind you it might not be that at all, try some of the extra strength gaviscon and see if that eases it.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 03:44 am

You were happy being smaller it was just the struggle with food that you were not happy about. Remember how proud you were in your red dress? The band just doesn't work for you and maybe the sleeve will.

I know what you mean about fronting up to the surgeons and getting weighed. I will just have to suck it up.

When we got our travel insurance money through I booked for Phuket for my birthday. We are going to a boutique hotel that has summer specials on as it is the rainy time. The package is for 7 nights and we didn't want to pay for an additional 3 nights. We could have stayed somewhere cheaper but in the end we changed our return flights. So we are only staying away 7 nights with an overnight flight each way. It cost us $200 to change the flights but I think it is worth it. I can give you a link to the hotel if you want. It has a world famous restaurant and we get private transfers, breakfasts, 2 set dinners and 4 hours of massage. After our last crap holiday I am hoping that this will be really special. We won't be able to afford to go again for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 02:59 am

Have I missed something? Where are you off to for your 60th? Hope you enjoy it. I think it's important to make a bit of a fuss about significant birthdays. We all know how fast the years pass, and certainly in my case I'm glad I made the effort for my 50th, because there's a chance I'll kill myself with smoking or obesity (current issues), or diabetes or high blood pressure (the blood pressure is a recent addition to the fold - thanks HRT), or a combination of all. Diabetes not on the agenda yet, but stand by . . . . . . . .

I had fairly comprehensive blood tests the other day, due to go back in the next day or so for results. Will be interesting to see where I'm at.

I still get things stuck. I don't really want to get any fill out, but that's probably more due to not wanting to front up at the surgeon's displaying how much weight I've gained. When I eat out it's almost guaranteed that I will get something stuck, even if I'm careful. I couldn't stand to go back to the way it was a couple years ago when it used to take me 30-45 mins to drink my first cup of tea in the morning. How f#@$en ridiculous was that? All in the name of losing weight. I'm not happy looking like the Michelin man, but I wasn't happy being smaller and struggling so much with food and exercise.

In short - I just will never be happy. That's the truth and I need to accept it rather than being so damn depressed about it.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 01:52 am

Well I figure I am gaining weight so might as well be comfortable eating. I will only get .6ml out. That means I will have 3mls in a 4ml band. When I went away a few years ago I went down to 2mls and I could eat a steak and all sorts of things. I will keep you posted. I don't think it is worth going back to my gp. He said if it persisted he would do blood tests. I might as well see if it is band related first. It will be 2 weeks before we go away for my 60th so I should have lots of time to see how it is going.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty30/07/12, 01:45 am

Linda you know it's only that you mention it that I realise I often do the same thing - clearing my throat. Mind you, I also sniff a lot, and that's nothing to do with a cold or flu. I have often thought the sniffing thing is band-related.

I hope you feel better after the unfill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next