HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 06:06 am

Hi girls. I have the best news! The band is coming out on January 8th! He said even though i'm feeling better with less fill i'm still having troubles with it....like the other night i ate steak and then choked and puked on salad. He said that's not good and that we could try another band though he didn't think that was a good idea....or after three months we can look at the sleeve.
Yaaaaaaaay! I was so nervous driving up there, and i was so elated driving back down i couldnt wipe the silly grin off my face. I've even got Anne as the gasman/woman so it should be cheaper. So so happy and my family is too...they were sick seeing me spew and waste good food only to eat rubbbish. Me too. God it feels like a weight has been lifted.

Zip did you try the pig? Hope it didn't give you the runs....sounds like you're recovering well from your op. You're getting too good at those. lol
Hope everyone is ok.
debsx
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 04:41 am

Dammit Linda... I was all drooled up and ready too!

How did you get on Deb?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/11/12, 08:46 pm

Good luck today Debs

Zippy put that pig down.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/11/12, 06:24 am

well so far I am eating normally and have no issues. I havent had anything super fatty yet so that might be a kicker. I dont usually have anything fried anyway so it will be a while before I find out

Good news is...peanut butter is still on the menu. I might have some bacon in the morning to see if pig is still in the running. Might as well give it a test run while I am on my own so I dont embarrass myself.

Yeah 6 months with out fill was a bitch I have to say. I was mighty pleased when he said the sucker was coming out. He felt bad and appologetic about it but I was over joyed.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/11/12, 10:51 am

Glad you're back Zip and all is well. Sounds like a pretty easy breasy op! I always hurl my guts up when i go under a general. God, if he tells me he's going to take all my fluid out and to come back in six months i think i'll scream. Seriously, i think i'll go to another doc. Guess i'll just have to wait until Friday.
Glad your well mate. Hopefully you'll have a smooth recovery and you'll be on your feet in no time. It'll be interesting to hear if you have any dietry changes after the gall removal.
Petrol...hahaha..Tara you're mental...i love mental! lol
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/11/12, 06:45 am

Ha haha Linda that just reminded me I need Petrol.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/11/12, 06:15 am

Good news. See it pays to shop around for gas.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/11/12, 06:11 am

nah not in his rooms he has a day surgery clinic at the top of the street that the day surg at the hospital is in. Its on the corner.

When he did mine he found a stretched pouch. At first he decided to take all the fluid out but after 6 months of no fluid and still getting the drowning reflux he said the only cure was removal

Well gall is out and I came home this morning. Best surg Ive had so far... gas lady was great and I woke up bright and breezy with no pain.

Today I am a little stiff round the belly button but wouldnt know I had the hack other wise, I have 5 holes in me just like a band op.

He said the organs round the gall were inflamed and the gall needed to come out. He had a look at the sleeve and said as much of it as he could see was in excellent state and that I had little scaring from my band

So thats it all over red rover thank goodness!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   13/11/12, 12:51 am

Good luck Zip. Let us know how you are when you're home.

I didn't realise he did the endoscope in his rooms. I hope he does decide to do that then at some point. Will have to see how friday goes. Forgot to say, i did ask if she saw any stones and she said she couldn't tell me as that was for a doctor to do. Sheesh!
Hey Zip, when you had your endo what did he find? Did he see a slip or erosion or anything? Was that the deciding factor in taking it out?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/11/12, 10:40 pm

Hope it all goes well, Zippy.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/11/12, 08:41 pm

Good luck zips
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/11/12, 08:20 pm

oh and yes I go in this arvo at 12 for admittion. I have to leave here round 10.45 to get there with little to spare. No food after 7, I was told to have two peices of toast and a cuppa so I managed half a peice and a cuppa ( only wanted the cuppa but she said I had to eat)

No water or clear liquid after 11 so all in all not too bad I spose. I like this gas lady she is lovely and if I needed anything else done up there would throw a tanty to get her again.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/11/12, 08:18 pm

Hey Debs.. You need a barium swallow to see band position...you would have been having the ultra for the gall. Did you ask her if there were stones. I asked and she even counted them for me.

My barium showed everything fine and it wasnt till he did the down the throat scope that it showed everything up so if its offered, to save yourself the pain in the arse and the money opt to skip the barium and go straight to the scope.

It only takes an hour or so at his op rooms at port...your in and out and have the answer when you wake up.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/11/12, 12:34 pm

It went fine Tara....she couldn't even see the band! She said they don't really show up on ultrasound, you need an x-ray for ct scan so i don't know what he's looking at...other than gallbladder. You're right, its going to be a looooooooong wait until friday! I hope he doesn't say ''everything is fine, go and live with it for another six months and then come back and we;ll talk.' I'll lose my nana. lol
Doesn't Zip go in for her gallbladder op tomorrow? Tuesday? If you read this Zip good luck and hope it all goes well. See you on the other side...let us know how you're going....
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/11/12, 07:38 am

Debs,

How did ya go ?? Other than just getting ya belly out for the ultrasound tech.
I know this sounds reeeeeeeealllly wrong. But I have been hoping there is something wrong for you so you can get the band out.
Bet its gunna be a long wait til Friday.

T
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/11/12, 11:09 pm

Well i had my ultrasound girls, just a general abdo one it turns out...gallbladder, stomach and kidneys i think..and probably liver. But she told me that they generally can't see the band on ultrasound anyway so he must be looking at other things. I hope it wasn't a wasted appointment. I go and see him on friday now to get my results.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/11/12, 08:41 pm

Zippy I reckon I would like the banana Optifast. I never really took to the choc one, vanilla was the worst. I used to use the choc and lemon desserts and make them up as shakes. I found them more palatable than the vanilla and choc shakes. Mind you, I never hated Optifast like so many did. It was ok, I wouldn't want it every day but I really think some people were over the top with their complaints about it.

Yeah . . . . . . . . thanks Tara - NOT!!!! All I need - another appliance in my kitchen. You see you've made it sound so appealing that I could almost be tempted. Maybe I could get rid of the slow cooker and replace it with yonanas. I remember being told pre-band that a slow cooker was a must-have for banders. Sure thing. I've hardly used mine. Let's face it, you can do the same thing with a casserole dish in the oven at a low temperature.

I do believe I know someone who has bought Atkins bars through Vitacost, but they are somewhat different flavours to what you can get here, at about 1/3 the cost. I'm not at liberty to say who that person is.

Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/11/12, 10:40 am

Well ladies the day has finally arrived...i get my band ultrasounded tomorrow! Then i have to wait until Friday to see him in the flesh and get the results....hoping there's something amiss as i need all the leverage i can to get it taken out. I had a massive spew today and haven't had a spew in weeks since he took some fluid out. I got a bit of lettuce stuck from a chicken and lettuce roll. Can you believe it? Lettuce! I heaved so much i felt like i had done 100 situps. Yucko.
Fell fine now though.

Ooooh Tara, that sounds a bit good....yummo. I never think to eat ice cream even though i like it. I do love nice fruit flavoured sorbet type things though...mmm....
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/11/12, 10:37 am

Hey Zippedy,

Have you tried any other stuff from Vitacost ??
I tried a couple of things and they were horrid but gunna keep on trying.
Would love to know if you have had some successes.
(Crap - Now I want Banana Optifast if it tastes like Paddle Pops drool.)

Oh girls,
On the sleevers site there has been talk of a machine called a YONANAS from Target.
You chuck frozen Bananas and other fruits in and they come out as a frozen dessert, soft serve ice cream substitute kinda thing.

http://www.yonanas.com/

I bought one today ($80 RRP).

And seriously droooooool ! A massive bowl of "ice cream" for under 200 cals.

So if anyone wants another appliance to add to the collection we all have clogging up our counter tops - this one is well worth it.

Tomorrow I'm gunna make Espresso and Walnut.

Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/11/12, 09:19 am

I have tried it and I loved it but I seem to be out there on my own as everyone on the sleeve site that has tried it hated it.

I like banana paddle pops and it was similar but not quite the same. I would rather have it over choc for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/11/12, 10:33 am

Not tried it losingit. I've still got a box of the old recipe strawberry ones...i'm trying to convince myself to have them as i hate waste things but i haven't been able to force myself. I've heard the new ones are much better tasting?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/11/12, 08:53 am

Has anyone tried the Banana Optifast? Not sure how long it's been around, I only read of it recently.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/11/12, 09:33 am

I just e enjoyed eye fillet steak for dinner,,, yummy
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   07/11/12, 10:19 pm

I too am enjoying my steak and lamb chops. I still have to be careful but at least I can eat them now. I am never going back to more fill.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   07/11/12, 12:13 pm

Sounds like fun Zip. SOunds like a busy active day in the garden. I spent it painting mostly...been working on some new paintings and they're coming along ok. Shame you can't burn calories mixing colours on a pallet. lol
A few nuts? Geez that's not much. I had a few nuts WITH my dinner. My man makes these lovely salads and he cooked a gorge piece of fillet steak too. Can't believe i couldn't eat steak for nearly two years with the band. I can now its loosened thankgod. I do enjoy my protein.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: Bandits By the Month-
Jump to: