HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 01:25 pm

Yeah that's what i'm thinking Zip...actually i think you're right, i paid 1800 with the other bloke too...i thought it was 1200 but it was 1800. Jebus! Hopefully it'll just be the 700 and the 500 buck hospital excess...that's pretty good really for an op hey.

Tara you're preaching to the choir. lol I'm trying not to eat a lot but i just seem to be gaining and gaining too. Maybe its not thowing it all up anymore that's doing it. I never think to eat ice cream but i seem to be craving savoury fatty things now...aarggghhhhh....I was wearing my 16 jeans but now i'm wearing my size 18s because the 16s are cutting off my circulation around my waist. Lucky i didn't throw the 18s out! I threw the 20s out and i just know i'm going to be needing them once the band comes out in January.
Another thing i'm noticing is my weight is going STRAIGHT to by belly, seriously i'm looking preggers. Tara is your weight going on in the same places it was before or is it going on in new places? Have you put your band weight back on? I have almost. I think i started at like 110 or something (i always forget exactly) but i'm already back up to 97kg. When i got my fill out a few weeks ago i was 94 i think. I second your OMG WTF????? LOL
Any news on your removal date?
debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 09:56 am

Deb be happy with that quote..be very happy. I paid $1800 with the other bloke so $700 though its a lot of money is less than half of the other gas person you could have chosen.

Dont hate yourself Tara...we have all been there, your on the path to turn it around so just hold tight
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 09:44 am

You don't eat ice cream ????? Eeeek

And .... does this mean you might be considering the sleeve ???
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 08:22 am

Ditto Tara! Except for the icecream part.

Bring on the sleeve . . . . . . . .
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 07:54 am

Hiya ladies,

Just a quick vent ....................

So I am a fat bastard. (AGAIN!)
I HATE MYSELF (yet again !!!)
I am gaining weight quicker than I ever lost it.
I have NO clothes that fit.
I am depressed ........ and ALL I wanna do is shovel in icecream and chocolate.
OMG WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 04:31 am

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing ok. Well i just rang to make my appointment with the anaethetist for my op removal and got a quote from the receptionist of about $700? She said she has to talk to the doc but she thinks its that. Its a little steeper than i was expecting that's for sure, but if that's the only real out of pocket cost its probably worth it hey :)

I went with a different anaethetist to have it put in and i thought that was around $1200 so i shouldn't gripe should i. Lucky i've been saving! lol

Hope everyone is doing ok.

debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   18/11/12, 03:21 am

Praise indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   18/11/12, 02:45 am

I hope I have your experiences Zip. They are very similair to those of other ex bandits...you're right. Ex bandits seem to love the sleeve more than virgin sleevers as we've been through so much shit with the band, anything other than what we've been through has to be a plus.
I am like you were though...thinking, yeah but will work with my head, my previous failures, my food likes...etc.... we are full of self doubts aren't we. Still, it has to be better than this...and on a pure anatomical level, it has to work as you physically have less stomache.
Yes our doc is good like that. I'm glad he's not a gouging bastard and jusst wants us to pay for his next mediteranean holiday. lol I'm hoping all up it won't be more than a couple of thousand.

Yes, on your recomendation i pm'd Pippa and she was so lovely. We swapped a few emails and she explained some stuff to me. She remind me a lot of you actually, kind and funny. She was great.
What you said before about food as fuel....that's how it used to be for me when i was thin and in my 20's. I ate what i wanted, when i wanted, didn't overeat becuase i didn't see food like that. That's how i want to be again...to not look at it as the pleasure giver it is now...i want it to be something i do because i feel hungry or because its dinner time, and not eat just because it makes me feel better emotionally for a short time.

I do understand that everyone is different with their journeys....mine might be a struggle, but the way i see it, its a struggle now, and at least i might have a fighting chance. Like now, its lunchtime and i'm eating a big ham, tomato and lettuce roll. The hunger stopped after i ate half of it, but i know i won't stop eating it until its finished. This is where i'm hoping the sleeve will help....a small tum means if i'm no longer hungry after half of it i'll be forced to stop because i can't physically fit it in.... Prasie the Jebus! :)
debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   18/11/12, 02:12 am

One of the things I like about our doc Deb is that he is gentle with his billing and understands we dont all drive a porche.

Im glad you have Ann, she is very normal and down to earth...funny too and can take a joke and laugh at it. I found the other fella a walking corps.

I hope your happy with your sleeves. I remember thinking that everything everyone said to me would not apply to my gut or my head. I had a wonderful lady called Pippa ( she comes on from time to time on the site) who is an exbandit and she layed it all out flat for me.

Nothing is a mirical cure but I have found that between the two ops this one is much much easier and if you use it wisely it will facilitate those numbers you want.

I still drink alcohol each weekend and I still have chocolate but now it is a berry milky way each night...I still have nibbles of a weekend and I still go out for dinner...and my weight is still dropping.

I dont froth, slime, get things stuck or stress about food anymore. I have a normal...and I mean normal as in a non over weight persons relationship with food. It no longer rules me. I eat when I am hungry and sometimes when Im not but its because I have to cos I have not eaten all day.

Perhaps in time things will change and I will include more food etc but I am hoping if I keep this thinking I have now, where I have been allowed because of the sleeve to look at food as a substance of survival and not of constant pleasure that I can keep my weight with in a 5 kilo range of where it is now.

I just hope I havent given you all the bum steer but I doubt it because when I speak to exbandit/sleevers they all voice my thoughts.

I think having the band was the best thing I could have ever done to lose weight with the sleeve... I am now terminally thankful everyday for the way the sleeve behaves.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   18/11/12, 12:37 am

Yeah Losingit, starting my band journey felt like a lifetime ago too, when in reality it was only two years ago. Seems like forever! I was sooooo positive about it all too.

I think all our digits are heading in the wrong direction...except Zip and Delia. Delia has an iron will and Zip has he magic sleeve (and a bit of iron will too me thinks :) The good news about my sleeve is that my doc said if its classed as revision surgery its much cheaper as it kind of falls under the band surgery heading and the gap is heaps less. He said depending on youe fund you might only have to pay $500-$1000 for a whole new surgery..and the anethietist (?) gap on top of that. Such a relief. It makes it doable...otherwise i'd be stuck with said bastard band forever.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 11:59 pm

yeah my digits are going the wrong way too Losingit
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 09:40 pm

Green with envy, girls. Sounds like the sleeve is the way to go.

I would love to see double digits of any kind on my scales. Long, long looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from that.

Pity I didn't take it seriously when the doc said as long as I was in double digits I would be doing well. I had to aim for top of BMI 25 - never quite reached it. Seems like a lifetime ago now.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 11:13 am

LOL Tara you crack me up.

Zippy that sounds amazing...almost too good to be true! I hope its like that for me too. God i can't wait for the next four or so months to go.... i would love to get down to 70ks. That was my band goal but it never happened...the best i did was 92kg. I think i started at around 110kg or something, i can't quite remember. Now i'm up to 95kg. I can't imagine getting to 70 but i really really want to.
I think the band weightloss has been revised because i was reading a site the other day that said band loss is between 40-50% of excess body weight and sleeve is 60-70% of excess body weight. I don't remember doc telling me the 40-50 number. Maybe it wasn't out then though, or they didn't have the sleeve to compare to. Who knows. I guess everyone is different though.
I just hope i get so good loss this time round.... i feel positive anyway.
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 09:09 am

OMG Zippy you are my hero.

THANK YOU.
For sharing with us all this useful information, for educating us, for helping to minimise some of our fears, and for having gone before us .. thank you !

Tara

Actually - post script here girls.
To all the regular women folk on here. You are ALL my hero's, you are all awesome and amazing and fun and strong.

But Zippy wins for today cos she talked about Peanut Butter !!!! lol
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 07:07 am

Trust me if you can get more than 2 squares of chocolate down with out wanting you yack up your boots I'll give you a medal.

Honestly, yes you can get crap down with the sleeve but not at the same rate you can with the band. I can eat 1 biscuit now not half the pack... I can eat chips but not as many as with the band.

Another bonus is my taster has changed and the things I liked with the band I find crappy now. I tend towards cleaner foods aaaaaaand peanut butter but I cant do enormous amounts.

I bitch about how much crap I can eat but on a serve comparison basis its a fraction of what I could get down in a bender with the silicon bastard.

Its a combo effect of feeling over full then feeling farking sick as a dog... you simply just dont feel like keeping on going.

As I have said before I often get something in my mouth I think I want and spit it out after a couple of chews cos its just not that awesom, I never found anything un-awesom when I had my band

Its as if food doesnt taste quite the same..kinda lack luster. You still have the cravings or head hunger but I find when I get hold of it and savage it, Im dissapointed and put it down in boredom.

My passion now is jarrah chai tea...stringer cheese...salad...steak and peanut butter. I also have a bender now and again on homemade chicken and veg soup. Everything leaves me cold. Sometimes I will feel like jelly snakes but its usually 1 and Im over it...compared to the 12 or more I would have mouth raped before.

Most exbandits will tell you the same... a sleeve bender is a laugh compared to a band bender.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 06:58 am

Linda that cat was a crack-up. Lol
Bravo
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 06:54 am

Thanks zip! Lol. Well he did offer to do it on the 18th of December but with my hospital excess being $500 a year I thought for the sake of a week or two I would save myself 500 bucks. Any hospital admittance is 500 per year so if I got the band out in December that's 500 and to get the sleeve three months later that would be another 500. This way I can pay the 500 excess in January and I won't need to pay it again no matter how many surgeries I have within that year. If money was no object I would have got it out for sure in December. . .

I'm so happy but the first thing my partner said was 'well you'll have to careful, it's not a licence to crazy or you'll gain weight . You used to say 'I don't eat that much' but you ate heaps. Plus when you got the band you craved high cal foods so you'll have to watch that too with the sleeve.' Jay-sus! Talk about rain on my parade.....even if it is true. Lol
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 01:54 am

Great big squeeeeeeezy hug Deb. THat is the best news. I keep telling doc that the sleeve is so much more better than a band so perhaps he finally listened.

Im so glad he has pulled through for you deb. Pity you cant get the silicon gate keeper out before Xmas so you could really enjoy it.

I got mine out in November and it was an awesom Xmas day I can tell you!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 01:33 am

Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/11/12, 12:50 am

Oh Linda, that sucks. You poor bugger. I reckon we can all relate to that one! I think the worst puke i had was one day driving home in the car after having some lunch. I can't even remember what it was but it went down fine and i felt fine almost the whole way home, then all of a sudden it just erupted while i was driving and i threw up all down the front of me and had to pull over and clean myself up. My mum was horrified! LOL The pukes can hit us at the worst possible moments hey...and the hardest thing can be trying to keep it to yourself. Its so embaressing when other people see you. lol I'm glad you were able to hide it from your guests though...and lucky your hubby has a sense of humour about it all. You definitely need a sense of humour with the band! LOL
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 09:52 pm

That is fantastic news Debs.

I hear you about the steak. Same thing happened to me last night. We had guests over for dinner. I got steak stuck (no one else knew) I must
have been sick in the ensuite 4 times. Once out the back so it wasn’t so obvious
and another in the kitchen sink. Then after we saw them off I had another puke
in the front garden. Much to Alan’s amusement.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 11:06 am

Yeah i reckon...we'll be sleeve sisters :)
Poor Cate, i recently heard from her and she's been having a really rough time with her band, she has hardly any fluid in it and is still constantly vometing.... i'm hoping she's goes back to see her doc. She doesn't think she wants the sleeve but things are quite bad with the band i think. :(
No news yet on your band out date?
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 10:11 am

Hey Debs,

It really looks like we are going to be right on track together on this sleevey path. Cos I have not heard yet so I'm thinking my band will come out in January too .... race ya !! lol

Now I reckon we need to get Cate from August 2010 on bord too - her band has always been evil to her.

T
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 10:09 am

Thanks Tara! Oh, and i forgot to say....no gallstones...gallbladder was totally empty so must have just been bad reflux like you girls said.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/11/12, 07:38 am

EEEEEEEEK DEBS !!!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next