Linda
Delia
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Delia
Delia

Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty01/02/12, 10:51 am

I brought the Jalna last night and it is ok but not as nice as the Greek full fat.
I made labne and it tastes ok not like the Greek full fat one. In saying that it could be good as I loved the other one and could eat it raw off the spoon. This one will take longer to use.
I made yoghurt in the Aldi maker today. I used 200g Jalna fat free and 1200lt skim milk (made with the powder) it tasted nice not bitter but was a bit like junket not really that firm. I put some jelly crystals throught it.
I was wondering if using low fat milk in the carton would make a difference.
I love thoes Kabas.
Today I was down 500g but today I have been peeing a lot so tomorrow I expect to be down more. I have lost an inch off my waist which had been a long time in coming.

B oatbran skim milk
L Veal steak 200g yoghurt
S yoghurt 200g diet cola
Dinner
Chicken Breast with seasoning
I did not feel hungry today.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty01/02/12, 05:34 am

I meant to tell you. Once a week I have been having honey and soy chicken kebabs from aldi. I know it is probably not allowed but hasn't done me any harm. We go to bridge on thursdays and then shop and get home starving. I have 3 on pure protein days and if it is a vege day I make salad and use that balsamic dressing. They are really nice.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 10:46 pm

I think we all make a mistake with the yoghurt without realising it. I bought 99% fat free and then found it had added sugar. Then I bought some with fruit in it. That was wrong too. It needs to have no added sugar. That is why I am happy with the jalna low fat yoghurt. It is thick and creamy and has no added sugar.

I am thinking maybe I had a crappy weigh in on Monday cos I had soya sauce in miracle noodles with prawns. I am trying to not add any extra salt to my meals.

Can you keep an eye out after eating the noodles to see if it mucks up your weight? I am a bit skeptical about them.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 01:47 pm

Well I made a mistake without realizing.
By mistake I pick up Greek yoghurt not low fat.
It was only a 200g pack and I had eaten all by this afternoon and that is when I realized. Oh well hope not too much damage done
B oat bran smilk
L Chicken 2 eggs and tablespoon of yoghurt

S 130g yoghurt with bit of jelly crystals
40g ham

D 1egg tablespoon magic noodles 30g smoked chicken tablespoon cottage cheese

I got an answer back on the other forum and they said you can have bacon and ham on attack but with the salt I may stop you losing. I had a feeling that could have been why I did not lose yesterday. Oh well I feel good today.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 06:51 am

Yes I was thinking if you can have ham why not lean bacon. It would be nice for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 06:49 am

I thought we could use this.

http://forum.dukaners.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1990&hilit=bacon&start=0

So, a few comments have been made about the discrepancy in information from the book to what is advised on the website.

I think the website is a joke (you can refer to my other topic regarding that) but for what it's worth, so my money is not completely wasted, I might as well share with you all what I can find thus far re: the differences in advice.

1. Flavourings that contain any oil or alcohol are not permitted
2. No more than only 3 jellies a day. No more than 5 pieces of sugar-free gum
4. No more than 3 cans (1 litre) of diet soft/soda drinks
5. Apparently some limit on vinegar (mentioned in forum) but can't find specifics
6. No more than 8tsp of sweetner a day
7. No more than 5 egg yolks a week - 3 if you have cholesterol problems. For egg whites there is no limit.
8. The daily limit for diaries is 1 kg total
9. Goji berries are allowed (according to the shop instructions), the recommended dose is:

- During the attack phase: one tablespoon per day
- During the cruise phase: one tablespoon per day in PP phase and two per day in PV phase.
- During the consolidation phase: the dose can be increased to 3 tablespoon per day.
10. Parsnips and turnips are allowed
11. Milk can be max 2% fat (book says skim only)
12. You can substitute dairy products with low fat soya milk / soy yoghurt. The limit for those is max 700g / day (not 1kg)
13. Forum mention balsamic vinegar is limited to one tablespoon per day as advised in chat, but I haven't verified in chat transcript
14. Maximum of 8 crab sticks per day

The website advises the following tolerated food, that you can have starting from the Cruise phase. You are only allowed any two of the items per day. It does state the list is not exhaustive:

Fat free fruit yogurts (with bits) 1
Plain soya yogurt 1
Corn Flour 20g
3% fat cream (double or single) 30g (1 tbs)
1 coffee spoon of sugar free low fat cocoa powder (no more than 20% fat)
Wine (red/white) for cooking 3 tbs
Spiced Goat sausage 50g
Poultry sausage 100g
Soya milk (glass) 15cl
7% fat cheese 30g
Rhubarb (cooked) 100g
Oil 3 drops (3g)
Gaspacho (not home made) one glass
Soy sauce 1 tsp
Extra light Philidelphia 30g
Light cheese like laughing cow 30g
Custard Powder as "Bird" 1 table spoon per day with sweetener and skimmed milk
Oat Bran during Attack 1 & 1/2 tbs
Oat Bran during Cruise 2 tbs
Oat Bran during Consolidation 2 tbs
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 06:39 am

Yes we will learn the rules as we go.
It was what they call medallions I had yesterday so I hope it was ok.
English or Danish Back (I think the Amercians call in Canadian) bacon has a beautiful meaty medallion - I just trim off the fat. The American 'bacon' is what we call streaky, and it very fatty (and yummy!). I have chicken wrapped in bacon medallions and I'm still losing.
British back bacon:
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 06:33 am

I have brought Turkey bacon a few years ago but when looking for it last year could not find it.

I sent a post to ask about the bacon and ham but it has to be oked first.
It is allowed on Atkins so maybe it is on here but this is different.

I see some make the labne also so Thursday I will do a batch of that. I just won't be able to put my sweet chili sauce in it.lol I may try and make up a sweet chili sauce and see how it goes. Maybe some chili’s sweetener bit of hot water and boil it and see if it will thicken. I know you can use some cornflour after attach so maybe I can add that. I used to develop a lot of recipes when I was in the empower site.

Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 05:59 am

I bought pineapple jelly last night (low joule) I will just assume in future that I am following the rules. I just mixed it with some yoghurt. YUM nicer than the peach and white tea.

Yes I saw a few mentions of bacon in that forum. I haven't read it that much. I know a few mention turkey bacon which is an american thing.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty31/01/12, 05:28 am

There is a lot of talk on the forum I posted and they say to have the bacon. They may have also said it is in his new book.(not sure) There seems to be a few things in the new book that are a bit different to the old one.
Delia
Thanks for the mayo recipe.
I had chicken with boiled egg and mayo for lunch. It was better but I ate it really slow.
For some reason I am wanting sweet today so I don't go eating anything to bad I am going to put a bit of sugar free jelly in a bit of yoghurt and see if that stems it. If not will eat more protein I guess.
Maybe be have a diet drink that could do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty30/01/12, 11:48 pm

Hi Delia

I don't think we can have bacon. It says ham low fat and lean but not bacon. I mix up a mayo type thing to have. It is low fat yoghurt and a teaspoon of dijon mustard and a glug of white vinegar or lemon juice. I can't eat roast chicken without it.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty30/01/12, 10:56 pm

Disppointed instead of losing I put on .1 of a kg.
See what happens today off to have my oatbran,
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty30/01/12, 09:55 am

Well not a good day

I did it but I got chicken stuck.

B. 2 boiled eggs with a bit of yoghurt to moisten
L BBQ chicken. I chewed it to mush but even with a bit of yoghurt it would not go down and got stuck.

S. oat bran with smilk
and ham

D runny egg and 3 slices of eye bacon

3 cups tea with smilk
not hungry at all about 850 cal forced dinner and sore in tummy now from the chicken.
I will use more yoghurt and cottage cheese tomorrow to have with the meats.
Here is a good forum site I found for Dukan and recipes
http://forum.dukaners.com/index.php

Last edited by Delia on 27/02/12, 09:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Delia's Journey
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12