Linda
Delia
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 10:51 pm

Delia I think you mentioned a nice mince dish you made. Could you please post the recipe.

I hope your book arrives today!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 10:13 am

Sat P day
B fish
L flat white
S 2 D muffins with cheese cake on them
D Chicken
S Rest of cheesecake
Not a lot here I know but been out all day and I am had it going to relax in front of the tv.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 09:24 am

Deb you are psoting in two places Dukin Diet and then Delia's Journey.
Del
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 09:19 am

Yes Deb you will find it fills you up.
3 days of pure protein that is what I did also.
You can have any meat seafood you like but no fat.
Have you yoghurt or ricotta cottage cheeses as long as it is the lower you can fine in Australia. I get the ricotta from Delia Woolies in Caloundra and the no fat yoghurt as well.
You must have you oatbran and you can have skim milk. I use the powder as I fell it is creamy and I like the taste better.
I have to have some yoghurt with a bit of diced onion with all my meats or it sticks. I had chicken in the car as I got caught in the traffic this evening owing to the accident on the M1 no sauce and I can still feel it going down.
Make sure you drink you 1.5lt of water as well.
Keep asking if you want to know anything.
Delia
Back to top Go down
dslater

dslater

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 06:44 am

Muffins in the Oven!! Delia's Journey - Page 9 644107
Back to top Go down
dslater

dslater

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 04:02 am

Hi Del....thankyou so much for the info. I have to be on Attack for 3 days...so that is pure protein? And I guess I still have the oatbran on these days? I went to woolies before and bought the yoghurt etc to have ready for my cruse stage. I didnt realise the oatbran was so important until I looked on the Dukan site. It is starting to make more sense now...

Im sure I will be on here a lot now lol

Cheers Deb xx
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty04/03/12, 12:14 am

HI Deb give me a ring and I can work through any questions if you like.

I have given you a oatbran recipe and my Two Tone Cheese Cake one as I found them a savor in the early days. Still do and withour them I don't think I would still be on this diet.
You are not a pain ask away. No Fat allowed
Go to this site and it will tell you how long you go on Attack for.

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/350-subscribe.html

This is important and it will tell you how many days on pure protein. No vegetables allowed at all just protein on these days. You can use a little onion and herbs and spices.
Then you move to Cruse and you have a choice to do 1 day protein and 1 day protein and veg. Look at the list in the site. Or 3 P - 3V or 5 then 5. I chose to do 1 of each.
It is Different and will take a week or two to get your head around it. You have been looking for a few weeks and that helps.
Ok you can have all that meat and even more eggs if you like. That is mentioned somewhere.
The muffins you make them with you amount of oatbran for the day. 11/2 tablsp. on attack and 2 on Crusie. I make up two batches at a time and freeze.
Maybe cocoa
Ginger cinnamon
3/4 cup for savory with some herbs
You can use different flavored yoghurts
Yes you can have coffee with skim milk but remember total dairy for the day is not to exceed 1lt. Including yoghurt cottage and ricotta cheese seems a lot to what we are used to. I make all my dressing with yoghurt and or cottage ricotta cheese a bit of finely diced onion and gherkin add some herbs curry. I find I have to use this with the band.
Also a cheese cake
Yes that breakfast is fine.

You can have the oatbran for breakfast as a cereal just mix with some skim milk and put in micro for 45sec. Remember if you have it for breakfast you can’t have the muffins.
Have you read the site? The forum is great so much information.

http://forum.dukaners.com/index.php?sid=00014b4dbb091d69c8dcf8fe1c4ed530

Oat Bran Muffin
6 tablespoons oatbran
4 cocoa I use Nestles but most are ok as long as there is no added fat
2eggs
6 tablespoons o fat yoghurt from Woolworths
1 teaspoon baking powder
Sweetener to taste
Method
Add dry ing. in bowl.
Add yoghurt and eggs and whisk till smooth
Add sweetener
Divide equally between 6paper muffin cases I a muffin tray
Bake in a preheated oven at 350deg for 15 to18 mins. My veg. ones take a bit longer.
I usually have a bit of low filly or ricotta on them when ready to serve.
This is 4 serves on attack and 3 on Cruise.
500g Ricotta Cheese
Sweetener to taste
1 tablespoon gelatin dissolved in a tablespoon of hot water
1 tablespoon Cocoa

Whip the ricotta cheese add the sweetener and the gelatin and mix well.
Place 2/3 of the mixture in dish.
Add the cocoa to the remaining.
Place on top of the other mixture.
Woops I put the chocolate layer on the bottom. It does not matter.
I use two plastic dishes to do this but you can make one cheesecake
Back to top Go down
dslater

dslater

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty03/03/12, 09:16 pm

Hi Del....just a few questions regarding the Dukan diet to get me started....Because it seems so different to what Ive been used to.
Correct me if Im wrong! So I can eat any lean meat, light ham, chicken seafood and 2 eggs per day. If I make the oat bran muffins how many am I allowed per day? What days can I have fruit or veg? Sorry to be a pain I am jut trying to get the jist of it. Can I still have coffee with skim milk? I dont have sugar in anything atm so thats good. Once I get into it I will start with the recipes etc.
Could breakfast be for eg: poached eggs with ham?
Obviously no bread, potatoes rice etc. Any fats?

Cheers Deb xxx
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty03/03/12, 06:07 am

Sat PV day
B 2 boiled eggs with curry sauce
S 1 d muffin with ricotta
L Tomato soup with ham ricitta cheesecake
S 1 muffin with philly
D did not have the fish ended up with two Laughing Cow triangles of cheese big upset here so my dinner was not eaten.
water tea smilk herbal tea
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: My last 9 weeks 7.3k loss   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty03/03/12, 06:04 am

I have to admit that I am frightened of deviating from the Dukan plan as I know if I allow wine, potato any wheat or sugar items into my plan I will be craving and will not be able to continue on Dukan. I will stick to it as long as I can. I am at the moment thinking that maybe I will be able to and then when I get to my goal weight I can add in some of the other things Dr Dukan says and see how I go. I am not losing fast but a kg over two weeks is ok. I have only had one breakout and that was for a wedding but got right back on to the plan the next day. I have had many social engagements over the past 5 weeks but worked around them all.
Oatbran muffins have been my savor and I take them everywhere.
I was 91.5k on the 1 of Jan 2012. I have lost 7.3k in the 9 weeks. First four weeks I was on 2 shakes a day and a veg. and protein meal at night. I am not bragging here well maybe just a tad but I am so happy.
I still have 13.2k to lose.
We are going to Fraser with our daughter and family next week for a week and I wonder how I will go. I am planning on taking chicken, Dukan cheese cake, soup and muffins and see if I can stick to the plan. Hoping we will be catching and eating fish so that will be a plus. They usually like fish and chips and takeaways but I am sure I can say no to them. We have never really been takeaways people.
I also make up two liters’ of mixed herbal tea every couple of days. Add sweetener and chill. It has been so nice on hot days.
It is hard I know and if I was not organized I could never do this.
I sound like I am singing Dukan praises and I guess I am but I have not lost weight for two years (after the 4 band operations I sort of lost my focus and put on 9k) I am very pleased and this morning I was just 200g away from the 84k on my ticker. It was to disheartening for me to put up the gains but now I am a very happy person. It has been worth the effort and I am swimming again but now that my shoulder is bad I have been told not to but I can still go to the salt water pool and walk up and down. I was surprised how many people actually do that. I can also do my exercises in there. Bonus I can then go for a surf and a walk along the beach.
Happy Yes - I am
Worth the Effort - Yes it is.
Future - I hope I can keep losing on Dukan.
Does the band help - Not sure but I do think it stops me eating especially to much protein. It takes a bit to go down at times. I usually have a cottage cheese yoghurt sauce it help with this.
Delia

Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty03/03/12, 06:03 am

Yes that is nice also.

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty02/03/12, 09:06 pm

I find a skim milk cocoa with some splenda does the trick for me.

You are doing really well.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty02/03/12, 12:32 pm

Ok they grilled in alfoil fish for me and I took the batter off a crab stick and one calamari ring. So I guess that was ok. I had no chips so I am pleased with how I did it. My grilled fish was done perfectly. My husband complained that there was too much batter and it was too greasy and yes it was so I siad well maybe next time you should have a grilled fish also.
HAHAHA fat chance.

Fri P day
Oat bran cereal with smilk bit of Dukan ricotta cheese cake left from yesterday
L Grilled Fish - Crab stick and calamari ring with batter taken off
Diet Coke 1/2 D ricotta cheese cake 50g
S rest of D cheese cake
Chicken
Craving sweet again so again I made up skim milk powder added diet choc topping and a dash of cocoa and some water. Few drops of sweetener. Mixed to a thick paste and put in freezer to set. I can hardly wait for it. Well fixed the cravings.
D Tiny bit of steak gherkin with yoghurt cottage cheese gherkin dressing
Water Tea Smilk
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty01/03/12, 11:29 pm

Just have prawns. Let your hubby eat whatever he wants.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty01/03/12, 11:17 pm

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday and we are going out for lunch and he would like seafood basket for two. Don't know what to do I am thinking of asking if they would grill one price of fish but I am guessing they will use pre crumbed product. Maybe I will just take the batter off the fish and eat the fish only. It will be a P day for me.
Thus PV day
S Bit of chicken
B Savory Mince
S mini D muffin
Chicken with yoghurt sour cream with veg dressing
S mini D muffin
D Savory mince with salad
Tea smilk water and herbal tea

Gosh I had not updated had friend her Wed night and no internet last night sorry I could not update. Seems all ok now love Westnet. 2.30am call last night and he was on the line for 11/2 hours still we could not fix the problem. This morning it all seems fine.

Wed
P day
B Prawsn D bread with salmon ate 1/2
S oatbran mini muffin
L Rest of D bread salmon and prawns 2 serves of ricotta cheese cake
D Chicken mini oatbran muffin cottage cheese and a bit of yoghurt and jelly
tea with smilk iced tea water.
Cleaned my studio out last night so was up till 4.00am. I would like as sleep but just feeling washed out but not sleepy...lol At least now it is workable. I can't work in a mess.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty28/02/12, 11:25 am

PV day
B Meatballs cottage cheese and D tomato sauce
S Oat bran veg muffin with Philly but I am going to start using ricotta instead
L 1/2 egg and bacon muffin slice of ham coleslaw with yoghurt mustard dressing
Yoghurt custard rhubarb
S Flat white on skim other mini muffin ginger and cinnamon
D Savory mince with coleslaw no dressing portion of ricotta cheese cake.
I found the Savory mince on the dukan site and changed it a bit added coleslaw to the mixture not just carrot and thickened with a bit of cornflour. It is so yummy I could have eaten a lot more them my cup.
Tea smilk herb tea and water
Forgot I had one small no sugar carob bud. I was looking for no sugar chocolate and they offer me this. It was still quite sweet so did not buy anything.

Walk today with dog.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty27/02/12, 09:43 am

Monday
B Egg and ham muffin Oatbran muffin got stuck had to bright it up. The joy of the band. I will have to make sure I drink before eating it and eat it really slowly.
L 1/2 Dukan Micro bread with smoked salmon and cottage cheese. I could only eat half.
S 2 crab sticks and lauging cow cheese wedge
D Rest of lunch and prawns Custard and Rubarb.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty26/02/12, 07:20 am

B 1/2 Chicken bread with mashed boiled egg and cottage cheese
S cocoa on skim milk oatbran muffin
L meat balls chicken cotage cheese with garlic chives salad cheese cake
S other oatbran muffin yoghurt sweetened with jelly 1 meatball
D a bit more yoghurt and jelly did not feel hungry
Iced tea water tea on smilk
another dukan day
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty26/02/12, 07:16 am

Well back from my friends place and not a single thing passed my lips I did not take.
Her daughter who has now gone back to England is down to 66k following Dukan and has not been that for 20 years.
What I took.
2 oat bran muffins
Iced tea
Meatballs
Chicken
Cottage cheese sauce
Cheesecake
I had heaps to eat even brought home 3 meatballs and a muffin.
So feeling good and so glad I did not eat the trifle pave and lasagna sausages of I did have salad but that was ok as I am on a PV day. I even picked out the avocado.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty25/02/12, 11:44 pm

Off to my friends place for a luncheon today. I am taking my food with me as I don't want to eat the food she is cooking. Nice food yes but not what I should be eating. She knows what I am doing and so she rang and told me what she is cooking and said it is ok to bring my food. Good friend I would say.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty25/02/12, 12:54 pm

Sat 25th
B 2 mashed boiled eggs with cottage cheese cocoa milk drink
L Oatbran muffins with lite philly
S Bit of chicken and bit of dukan cheesecake
D 1 mashed egg with cottage cheese 1 meatball.1/2 piece of my duken chicken bread
water iced tea
Enjoying the cocoa and the iced tea
Did not feel hungry today could have even gone without Dinner
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty25/02/12, 12:50 pm

As far as I know you can't get no fat cottage / ricotta cheese and I think I read somewhere in Aust to use the lowest fat you can get. I usually get the ricotte cottage from Aldi and if not there Woolies. I think I read it had to be under 3g for the fat and no added sugar.

Found this tonight
.Oat bran - in Coles - Lowan brand, or at a local health food shop or food coop.
Sugar free sweets - Coles and Franklins
ForMe vanilla yoghurt - Coles
The plain potset yoghurt from Aldi
Light Greek style yoghurt from Coles
Light ricotta from most supermarkets
Extra light Philly - Coles
Light salmon cream cheese spread - Aldi
Raw cocoa - food coops
Low fat cocoa powder - use Bournville
Quark ... forget it! Or make your own. There is a recipie somewhere on this forum.
Fromage frais .... double forget it. Ours is usually the high carb variety.
found 98.7 % fat free smooth Ricotta in Woolworths supermarket tonight; haven't seen it before but very pleased - it's branded as Pantalica Extra Light Smooth Ricotta, and I saw it for the first time tonight! Sounds like we're edging closer to fat free at last?
bought the Nestle Baking Cocoa. i can't remember specifics but when comparing the labels I decided it was 'better' than the Bournville cocoa. It has slightly less fat than the Dukan shop one and a little more carbohydrate (and proportion from sugars) but I reckon it's near enough. When using it in such small quantities and as a tolerated food - I figured it would be fine.
am in Adelaide and found both full fat and non fat Quark at Woolowrths next to the Cottage cheese. It was about $6.50 and i dont think i use enough to make it worth while
As I'm only fairly new to this I just found this post which I think could be very useful to those of us in Aus as we don't have ff dairy or quark!

Foods must contain LESS than 10% fat, 5% carbs, 3 grams of sugar and 15% sodium.
I think the fat may be to high in the last sentence and the carbs could be 3 and sugar may be a bit higher but natural in all dairy foods. As long as NO ADDED sugar.

Del
off to bed I am tired

Last edited by Delia on 25/02/12, 02:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty25/02/12, 04:55 am

Delia where are you buying your ricotta and cottage cheese etc? I can never find any that fit dukan plan.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty24/02/12, 06:33 am

Friday 24th Feb
B Chicken and Ricotta pancake with my home made tomato sauce
S Two tone cheesecake
L Seafood sticks veg. soup and oatbran muffins
S boiled egg
about 5.30 I was craving sweet for some reason so I had 3 sugar less sweets 2 pieces of low carb choc (it is now all gone lasted from before Christmas) a cocoa on skim milk. that did the trick and did not feel like dinner but husband wanted some at 8.00 so I had the pizza
D Pizza was great will post recipes.
Iced tea tea with smilk water
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty24/02/12, 06:30 am

I have had a cook up ready for the next few days.
Cooked Chinese Chicken last night. I let the stock in fridge for fat to set and got it off this morning.
Made a veg soup with the stock
2 Pizza bases ready to make into pizza (post the topping and pic later)
Meatballs
Coleslaw with Dukan Dressing
Two Tone Cheese Cakes
Jelly
Ready for the weekend and Monday now.
I have enough Oatbran Muffins from the other days baking.
I can sit back and have a relaxing weekend and know that all the food is cooked ready to grab if I have to go out.
I do plan on making a tomato sauce for the pizza tonight.
I have to be organised or I will grab anything to eat and could be off plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delia's Journey   Delia's Journey - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Delia's Journey
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Post-Op :: The Dukan Diet-
Jump to: