debs
Sal
noahdabear
Vogette
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty26/01/11, 04:55 am

I agree Miss Me, it's very poignant.
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty26/01/11, 04:44 am

I am LOVE LOVE LOVING this thread! Reading about everyone joyful moments really fills me with excitement and enthusiasm and i can't wait to get my band and join you with my own NSV's... Well done to ALL of you. Keep posting!! I love it!
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty26/01/11, 03:06 am

I have a lap!!!!

You know the times when you have to eat with a plate resting on your lap. Well I have never had enough lap to do that so had developed a way of cutting up everything while my plate was on a table and then sitting down with it so I could just use a fork and hold my plate up.

A few nights ago at my Father in laws birthday bbq I did my old cutting up thing but when I sat down realised that now I can fit a plate on my lap as my stomach is dissappearing. Its a nice feeling.
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty16/01/11, 07:37 am

It is Delia thats true.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty16/01/11, 06:20 am

Isn't it great to go into a shop and have choice and then not buy unless it is exactally what you want.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty15/01/11, 08:34 pm

Oh Sharon...I know that one, isn't it fabulous???

I was a member of the "better buy this cos it fits" club - I would just buy the size 24 pants or 26 top without even trying it on. Now I actually go and try it on AND I can be selective. I actually was able to try on a pair of Size 14 pants the other day. Yes, they were snug, and I didn't buy them, but I was beside myself with excitement (just as well I didn't know anyone in the shop cos I was squealing!). I could zip them up, and bend over in them!

I just am loving it!!!
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty15/01/11, 10:54 am

Today I saw some jeans in Target I thought I might like. They were size 16 and I thought I would try them on. They fit perfectly but that is not my NSV. I didn't like the pockets so didn't buy them. For years I have purchased clothes which I didn't like just because they fit. In my wardrobe I had some hideous things that now I would not be seen in.

So my NSV is that I can finally choose clothing which I like and not just because they fit.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty10/01/11, 12:29 pm

Cheer Cheer Cheer
That is so wonderful. It must make you feel fantastic.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty10/01/11, 10:36 am

:nljklj: Thank you tralee
i hope that it keeps happening it is so exciting to read every bodies achievements
and to also have my own little steps added along the way this forum and the old one has kept me going reading everyones blogs and knowing we are all going through the same journey has helped me most definitly !
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty10/01/11, 07:15 am

What a wonderful day you have had Suzzie how exciting for you both :)
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty10/01/11, 06:59 am

Today i had to go buy new bra's as my 20DD were not doing there job so good anymore!
i went and was fitted and to my pure joy i am a 16 DD WOW did i feel great .
and the best part i paid a fraction of the cost my normal bra was $55.00 but my new ones were only $35.00
its a fantastic feeling of achievement and i gave my self a huge pat on the back.
then my husband who was banded the same time wanted to buy shirts so we went to the mens department
he went for x-large i said try L instead what a great fit he has gone from 3x-large to just L he was so happy
and may i say he looks awesome. small victories make this journey so worth it !!! Bravo
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty10/01/11, 05:26 am

Just trying out my new ticker something or other. It has taken me half a day to work it out. But I guess with all things it is perserverence that succeeds in the end.
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty05/01/11, 09:49 pm

Tanya wrote:

Maybe it's just pmt but that made me feel sad. Steiny, if I could hug you I would.

Thanks Tanya. Luckily it's no longer an issue, but kids don't always say the sweetest things :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty03/01/11, 08:07 am

Steiny wrote:
l no longer worry about the things kids would sometimes say about me to their parents.

Maybe it's just pmt but that made me feel sad. Steiny, if I could hug you I would.
Back to top Go down
noahdabear

noahdabear

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty03/01/11, 08:06 am

thank you Delia its great
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty03/01/11, 06:27 am

Oh Brooke, that's funny and fantastic at the same time!!!

Great job!
Back to top Go down
little_miss_chookey

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty03/01/11, 06:06 am

I just remembered a rather embarrasing NSV. I was recently wearing my 3/4 jeans, and forgot my belt in my rush to head out for the day... Anyhow, as I was getting up out of my chair, my pants fell down and I ended up mooning my partner, sister, nephew, brother in law and mother... Oh dear.

NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 155381
The up side, is that those pants were tight on me a few months ago!!!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty03/01/11, 12:52 am

Yes I did think of that when he started.
I dunno HAHA
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty03/01/11, 12:26 am

Thats a biggie Delia what a lovely compliment. Pretty rude question though LOL What if you were 35 LOL
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty02/01/11, 12:28 pm

Sure did Debs.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty02/01/11, 12:23 pm

Oooooh Delia, thats a good one! Must have made your day :)
debs
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty02/01/11, 12:08 pm

Nicky I just read your post on your new job.
Wonderful news.
You must be feeling so pleased with your journey so far.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty02/01/11, 12:03 pm

Well I have a funny one. Well not really funny was great for my ego.
I had a guy ask my age so I said guess.
Ok 45 to 50 - I said no - so he said 40 to 45 - no guess again.
So I let him off the hook and said I am 61. He could not believe it. I am lucky to have good inherited gens.
This did wonders for my ego just the same.

Last edited by Delia on 02/01/11, 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty19/12/10, 10:57 pm

I so know how that feels. Its weird I have very similar things in my trolley that I had before but now dont worry about what people think when they look in.
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty19/12/10, 10:46 pm

l went to shopping on the weekend and l wasn't the widest person in the stores :-)
Also, l no longer worry about the things kids would sometimes say about me to their parents.
Thirdly, l haven't noticed anyone looking into my shopping trolley disapprovingly for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   NSVs - Non-Scale Victories... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: