HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   25/09/11, 01:15 pm

I spent today hitching my jeans back up. Then I gave up and put on another pair and spent the afternoon hiiching those up too.
I think it might be time to buy a ...drum roll please.... belt!
YEEEAH!!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   13/08/11, 11:21 am

Nice one Kirsten, what a great feeling. Well done!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   11/08/11, 07:00 am

Well done Kirsten .... NSV's just rock !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   11/08/11, 06:10 am

Hi, I've got a NSV!!!!!

Today at playgroup with my son, one of the mums told me how great I'm looking and commented on how much weight I've lost. It such a lovely feeling when its noticed!!!
Also my work belt, that I got some 4 years ago and was always too small for me to actually use, and I was to humiliated to buy a bigger size, is now buckled up on the 5 or 6th hole!! woo hoooo
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   06/08/11, 02:38 am

Well done Tara, that's awesome news.
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   05/08/11, 11:19 am

thats awesome Tara :)
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   05/08/11, 07:34 am

geeze I was thinking at first it had something to do with being spooned by a handsom bloke... but the hip bone is also good
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   05/08/11, 07:26 am

Hi all,

I have a couple of NSV's to report.

Of a night while lying in my normal sleeping position there's been a kind of lump sticking in to me. So I decided to investigate the mattress thinking it must be a loose spring or something --Nope.

Then I figured my pyjamas must be all bunched up and causing the aforementioned lumpity bump -- Nope.

Finally I poked and prodded at myself and discovered it was MY HIP BONE sticking out !!

Ha ha ha it no longer has the 40 kilos of padding so kinda pokes out.

And my second NSV is actually a Scale Victory I guess.
While getting my fill topped up after yesterday's massive unfill (we overshot the mark slightly) my Surgeon told me I'd lost 81% of my excess weight ... woo hoo !!!
Don't think i ever got 81% at anything before lol.

Hope everyone else is travelling well.

Tara
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   25/07/11, 12:54 pm

Suzzie you are a champion. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   24/07/11, 11:50 pm

Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   24/07/11, 06:49 am

Hi all !
yesterday i did a 20 kilometer hike up mountains and through thick bush ,knee deep in muddy cold water !
it was awesome i felt wonderful and alive i did it without collapsing or whining lol...
today i am not sore or tired i feel fantastic !
My life has changed so much i was even carrying an 8 kilo pack sack on my back!
Next weekend we are going to climb Mt Barandudah ! i will let you know how i fair ..Lol
Cheers Suzzie ...
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   13/07/11, 09:30 am

best you be sharing some of those tips then Westy cos I could do with them right now
Back to top Go down
Westy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   13/07/11, 09:27 am

Thanks Zippy - off tomorrow for another fill - had appointment with Dietitian today...... not eatting enough protein. Changing my Diet tomorrow. Hope it give me a good kick in the Backside. New Dietician excellent, put me in my place and explained heaps of things that I did not know.

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   13/07/11, 08:52 am

Back to top Go down
Westy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   13/07/11, 07:53 am

Hi Everyone

Went to my GP yesterday for 6 monthly check up - have not seen her for about 2 month.

Wow she was blown away by my weight loss, could not find me in the Waiting Room!!!!!. I am so happy. 18 kilos down 10 to go.......

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   12/07/11, 12:53 am

we do ... have you gone to your month thread.. if there isnt one then start one and just start posting ..others will come along... check out the monthly threads close to your date.
Back to top Go down
kazza

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   12/07/11, 12:45 am

thanku zippy its kind of exciting,ive spent so much time being ova weight that 2 have been given this chance im going full steam ahead,but am scared at the same time lol.do use get many newies on here,would love 2 hear morev recent feed back.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   12/07/11, 12:34 am

ohhhhh Kazza welcome to the other side and congratulations for your weightloss since surgery.

Its early days and your already leaping ahead. I wish you all the joy that goes along with being reborn ( to a thinner you) it is truely as if you have been handed a new life.

Back to top Go down
kazza

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   11/07/11, 08:43 pm

Hi everty1 as u can guess im new ive just found this sight very early hours of the morrning,i got the banding on the 6th july 2011.After 2 days recovery in bed i got up feeling fantastic and so looking 4ward 2 been able 2 comment on how much ive lost and how fantastic in myself that im feeling.Im living on water,multi v,prune juice,sustagen with fibre and my favourite yoghurt. Hopefully so far im doing the right thing.My children and hubby r my inspiration and cannot wait 2 be able 2 go down a water slide with my 4 children and that is what will keep me going.Im suffering a bit with the intense shoulder pain,which i thyink is worse than the recovery itself but as ive read hopefully it will pass.Any1 that has any advise 4 me,most welcome.Two weeks be4 surgery i was 142kg,im now 136,to even get 2 100kg would be thrilling 4 me.I actually feel like a baby thats just been given her 1st toy.
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   08/07/11, 12:16 pm

I put a black dress on that I hadn't worn for about 15yrs. (yes I keep my clothes locked away all them years hahaha)

The lady in the other clothes shop told me how great I looked. Made my day....
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   08/07/11, 12:01 am

I can still remember the day I cried in targets change room when I pulled on a pair of size 10 jeans... I am now in a 12 but thats ok because I dont look as haggard and old in the face and my boobs are filled out from the glow mesh saggies they were when I was a 10... ya gotta look for the bright side.

After trying on those size 10's I walked into a plus side store because I saw the most devine purpel belt in the window and I wanted it.... the girl ( who was a cuddly size) looked at me with a set of eyeballs that would have frozen boiling water, and handed it to me in a 16 which I was sure would sit neatly on my hip where I wanted it to.

It fell down like a hoola hoop. My daugher was with me at the time and was totally embarrassed as she had discouraged me from the get go of walking in the store... she hissed something at me and exited the scathing lookes we were getting.

I, even though I had tried on the size 10's... fitted them... and had the meld down still could not come to terms with the fact that I was smaller.. I still called the rounder people my own and I have to say for a while... I did not feel comfortable with my new skinnier self and my counter parts... kinda like putting on a fat suit when you are really thin but opposite.

I think it takes a while to to the mind about switch... but girls it is lovely to hit the bumps that make you suddenly realise you are small.

Its nice to watch you all walk through this and remember my own milestones. It also makes me realise how precious it is being here and how hard I have to hold on to it... being lax is not an option I cant go back.

All the power to you all. You make my heart proud!
Back to top Go down
kjnm81

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   07/07/11, 10:01 am

Good luck to you too Westy!! Let me know how you go at Zumba, I'll be doing a beginners class too :-)

Thanks Deb, great feeling isn't it!! I had another NSV today, I fit into a pair of size 16 jeans that I had bought at the OP shop about 2 months ago, at the time they were so far off fitting & today I thought I'd give them a try.. couldnt believe when the did up.. I'll be honest they were very snug but I wore them out and I was estatic!!! :)
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   07/07/11, 09:37 am

Thanks Zip! I had another one today. I needed some jeans so went and tried on my usual size 18 and they were too big. So i tried on a size 16 and they fit! Unbelievable...i can't even remember the last time i was in a size 16...10 years ago maybe? I bought a jacket too...size 16 also...i usually get size 20! Double jebus! LOL
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   07/07/11, 02:59 am

ahhhhh that is a sweet sweet feeling
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   06/07/11, 12:59 pm

I wore my fav brown coat today and haven't been able to do it up for years. I pulled it on and pulled it round me and the button reached...and they did up. Shock!!! I couldn't believe it. I had it on only a couple of weeks ago and it didn't do up so was realy shock today when it suddenly did. lol

Congrats Kellie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...   

Back to top Go down

NSVs - Non-Scale Victories...
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next