Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty18/06/12, 05:27 am

ohhhhhh Im so sorry you were sick Linda, how aweful. I hope your feeling better now.

I spent some time on some antibiotics a few weeks ago and they gave me the nether regions itch and a gut full of reflux. Its taken two weeks on probiotics to get it all back to normal...bloody things. You take one thing to fix something then another to fix the problems the thing you took them for caused.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty18/06/12, 02:03 am

So sorry you were sick Linda. Sounds awful. I wonder what it was you picked up? Poor thing. I do hope you're on the mend soon and start to feel better.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty18/06/12, 01:45 am

I am back home and very pleased to be. I have been quite sick. I think I had a chest infection and I had this horrible hacking cough. I couldn't stand it myself let alone others. I had a sore throat and a headache as well. Went to the chemist and got some antibiotics. I think these made me feel sick. I couldn't stomach the thought of food. When I did eat it was about 2 mouthfuls and then I was done. This has been for over a week now. The telling thing is that I can't stand the thought of a glass of wine. Yep I can't drink wine. I must be terminable. The night flights each way were the pits. The cats are so happy we are home. I am still coughing and I have lost some weight. Might have to see the doctor.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty09/06/12, 11:33 am

It depends on what you want as to which area u go to. Pleased to say the sun came out today so we had a walk on the beach and a swim. I had a massage in the spa. Had a couple of drinks on the balcony and time for a shower and walk somewhere for dinner.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty08/06/12, 01:08 pm

oooooos sounds lovely! Even with all the rain it sounds beautiful. My partner and i would like to go there one day but i don't really know anything about Thailand. What is it that tourists do over there? I've heard the shopping is quite good?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty08/06/12, 03:53 am

We arrived at the hotel around 11am
which was 1pm vic time. We are 3 hours behind. We had an uneventful
flight to bankok but didn't get much sleep. The flight to phuket was
ontime and then an announcement was made that due to heavy rain we
couldn't land and had to circle the airport for 15 mins. The plane was
ditching and diving like a boat and I got a little scared. We made an
excellent landing and when we went to leave the airport it was
torrential rain. It rained like that for about 15 mins and then on and
off all the way to Khao Lak. Yesterday was a doozy of a day. Rain on and
off all day. Then last night it was torrential. We ate in the hotel and
it was a mission to get through the grounds to get to and from the
restaurant. Gigantic puddles everywhere and all the grass areas were
flooded.

Today we have had breakfast and
walked down to the beach. The sun came out a couple of times. We stepped
onto the beach and started to walk and the heavens opened up. The wind
has come up to. Yesterday we walked into the nearest town and ended up
getting a taxi to the next town. We changed money and stocked up on wine
beer and goodies also water. It was very slippery in places and I went
for an elegant slide. Went down on one knee and did the splits with the
other leg. All the time holding 2 umbrellas and shopping in the other
arm. I couldn't get up as I had my arms full. Alan was carrying the wine
and just sort of leant over and pulled me up by the arm. No damage done
luckily.

It is an absolutley beautiful
resort and we have a lovely room on the 3rd floor with garden, pool and
ocean views. We can see the whitecaps from our bed just lying in it.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty06/06/12, 11:56 am

Have fun Linda!!!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty05/06/12, 10:28 pm

have an awesom time Linda!
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty05/06/12, 01:55 am

Hope you have a good time and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty04/06/12, 11:50 pm

Morning girls

What crap weather we are having. We have had 65 mls in 24 hours and it is cold and windy. After a crap time with air australia going bust and fighting travel insurance, we are flying out tonight. I can't wait.

I didn't get any fill removed. It had settled down and I decided it was just too close to muck around with it. We are taking the laptop away so I might post between mai tais LOL
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty04/06/12, 01:24 pm

Hi Delia found a recipie for dukan loaf of bread on one of the sites it turned out great and better then the eggy cakes and muffins only thing is it has wheat bran as well as the oat bran in.But I think it will be the thing that keeps hubby and I on the dukan for longer.as you can cut it up in slices so lunch friendly for work and out and about,

10 table spoon oat bran,
10 table sp wheat bran
8 table sp skim milk powder
1tea sp backing powder
pinch salt
2 pkt of dried yeast i have loose so used 1 1/2 teasp
1 table sp fat free yogurt
4 table sp cream cheese or philly
3 eggs
5 table sp warm water ( for yeast)
I let stand for twenty min for mixture to rise a little
baked at 200c for 10 min
then down to 180c for 18 min or untill brown ( each oven has its own quirks)
once cool sliced up and devided into 5 Daily allowences

They say it will keep for 5 days when in fridge but will freeze and defrost ok if required.

Does this sound ok dukan wise to you..?
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty02/06/12, 02:48 pm

Glad to hear its all going well for you zip. The drinking thing would be hard for me i think. I know i shouldn't but i still drink with the band...i only think to drink when i eat. I feel like if i don't have a drink when i eat i wouldn't drink at all. lol
Haven't been on for ages as have had internet trouble...but back now to catch up on the goss :)
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty30/05/12, 03:52 am

sorry yeah I do
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty30/05/12, 12:40 am

Do you mean not drinking for half an hour after eating?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty30/05/12, 12:29 am

Morning all... sunny but icy cold here today.

Still puddling along here.. still cant find a food that stonkers me.. still not hungry but still have head hunger but not quite as bad now.

Clothes are getting loose..this I imagine is a good thing though I cant say I am dieting to deserve it. I simply eat when I feel like it. Last night I just wasnt hungry at dinner but did really want a cup of tea (I must be getting old!) So thats what I had.

I spent most of Monday in the hospital with my daughter and was noshing on beef jerky when I could feel that I was getting a bit low.. nice to be able to just eat "anything" without fear I have to say. Though the not drinking for the half hour after eating thing is a pain in the grass... yes I know its the same with the band but it feels different and with the band I could drink if I wanted to as it would simply wash it all through...but now its like I have poured 3 litres of water on top of 2 full baked dinners... I feel so full so I seriously HAVE to wait till the food has gone down. Sometimes its the half hour...others its a bit more.

Not to worry, I signed up for this knowing I would have some issues so I shall just suck it up. Besides its not that bad really..if thats all I have to complain about I need a freaking life me thinks!

Last edited by zippy on 31/05/12, 05:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty25/05/12, 12:43 pm

Dont worry it was blardy freezing in Sydney today too.. Overcast and no rain but a blustery icy wind...brrrrr... I went and hid in George st cinema and watched a movie till my daughter was finished with her commitments then we fast trotted it to the car and headed home.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty25/05/12, 04:56 am

It is currently 7 outside. We have had non stop rain. I emptied out 38 mls. I have the bridge club banking ready but I don't want to go out!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty25/05/12, 04:34 am

Linda have you frozen yet? If it's anything like here, OMG - winter in full force! It's been raining heavily, and it's cold. Had some really nice days earlier in the week, sunny and even relatively warm. However . . . . . . . . living in this part of the world you never know what's around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty23/05/12, 12:17 pm

Zippy I have put the recipes in the section if you want to take a look and yes very much like the muffins. I make the cake or the pumpkin cake into muffins and they are so nice.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty23/05/12, 06:32 am

I eat mostly protein too and really if you look at the way we are meant to eat with WLS it is protein first which is the way Dukan is.. I just cant take all the dairy the diet requires. Other than that it is a great eating plan and easy to do....if your not dairy intolerant like me.

I found it was better to run a looser band too and be able to get the protein in. Oddly its much easier to lose weight that way than restricting yourself to the hilt.... or so I found.

For some reason with the sleeve I can take small amounts of greek yogurt...go figure. Before the sleeve it would double me over in pain and give me really bad gas and constipate me.... now as long as its the greek yogurt its fine...still cant tolerate milk... but I can take a little ..cheese as long as I dont make a pig of myself, which is hard because I love it...especially with wine so prob best I dont have it anyway.

I think its tempting to run a really tight band, its the whole less food means more weightloss but it doesnt always work that way. I find now if I eat a bit more particularly protein I have a better loss... if I eat less I stall.

Its all still a battle though I think...the weight will always be a war for me but I want to get to the point where I can live with myself comfortably and like the food Im eating instead of eating it to diet.

It sounds like that is where you are Delia and thats fantastic. Like I said I liked Dukan, sadly it did not like me. I do still make the muffins though and find them really good.

I would also be interested in your dukan cake recipe if its similar to the muffins I would be able to eat it no problems.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty23/05/12, 12:46 am

Zippy I don't think you are pushing the sleeve and keep posting it is so interesting.
Yes to sleep well with no regret is great and now I sleep like a baby.
Who knows down the track I could be looking at what you are doing also.
I love the dukan plan and when I get down and do the next stage I can eat most every thing then after that stage it is every thing I want 6 days a week. I am hoping that I can do it. I will give it my best shot.
Protein is the way to go and I can eat it now (that I had some fill out) with out sauce. I love going to the fridge and getting a piece of chicken to eat when hungry.
Keep posting love reading your story.
Delia
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty22/05/12, 02:04 pm

Honestly all hail the working band. I would not wish a bum up band on anyone, neither would I wish the decision on what direction to take on removal of one. It is definitely not an easy choice especially when you factor in that the one you settle on may be for life.

I wish I didnt have to have made the decision... oh how I wanted to be WLS free and live normally (what ever that is) with out the burden of having to go through another protentially risky or life threatening surgery all in the name of weightloss.

Buuuuuuuuuut it wasnt to be and I chose for better or worse. As I have said before, I am still in the honeymoon period its the 2 year stretch that is the kicker for all WLS. As we all know once you hit that mark thats when things get hard.

I am hoping that I can simply use my sleeve for maintance ( is that too much to hope for) For me, life is way to short to "diet" forever. That said I realise that even the naturally blessed (thin) do watch what they put in their mouth 90% of the time but if I can have at least the 90 or 80% and use whats left over to enjoy a few of the niceties of life at this stage in my middle age... I think I can be happy.. or as close to that as possible....maybe....
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty22/05/12, 01:29 pm

LOL Linda that's sooo true.

Two birds with one stone Zippy ... swing that Kettle thingy around a couple of times to get up some speed
(= exercise) & release in the direction of child, husband etc (= instant calm.)

Mind you calm and exercise , it's starting to sound a bit like Yoga.

Love your posts here, thank you for doing so. As Linda said we are all well aware our bands are not forever.

Personally I am so happy for you that this is going so well for you, I know you thought long and hard about it and it's bloody awesome that it is all you had hoped for.

I also must admit I do read your posts and covet your Sleeve! I WANT ONE !!!!!
(Careful what you wish for eh Tara, it could happen at any time and at this point my bank account will not support a failed band!)
Actually, my emotional status right now probably also would not support a failed band.
So, lol, having pointed that out to myself ... Yay my current working Band.

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty22/05/12, 08:05 am

twill be good for knocking out errant husbands and kids!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty22/05/12, 07:47 am

well it still is an issue on some level...the servings are too bloody big, even an entree is too big. I tend to scan a menu now for the dish that is likely to have the smallest serve...like prawns, they dont give too many of those bastards away.

yes I get the whole belly out and down thing... mine thank goodness is shrinking, it is the smallest its been in 26 years... still sticking out but smaller than my boobs by far now and I have a waist....who knew???

I bought a kettle ball the other day after hearing fan-fabulous things about them and how they transform you into a stunning goddess just by owning one ( not really but thats the hype.) The biggest losers were using them a lot and then I started you tubing and thought hmmm I will get me one.

Anywhoooo the idiot in the sports store told me I needed a 12kg kettle to swing...so like an idiot I swallowed it and forked out the pennies....well I can only swing the bastard once... I need more an 8kg so I dont know what Im gonna do with this 12 pound baby....maybe use it as a door stop or something.

I have considered a personal trainer but dont want to go to prison for murder so for now I will just play with my kettle balls to try and tone up this mess Im left with after band and sleeve. The wreckage isnt too bad but I hate my arms. Honestly I dont think I could build enough muscle to fill them but I will give it a burl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next