Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 09:37 am

Yup... fasting from midnight... ultrasound is at 8.30 in the morning...lucky I have a sleeve or I wouldnt make it!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 07:18 am

You can try chewing parsley too losingit
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 07:07 am

Losingit, i've just been doing research for you and it seems to be something that others have suffered from but the causes are varied...from what i found out new medications or vitamins could cause it....next is acid reflux, that can leave a greasy fatty taste. Another was eating excess fat in the diet and it starts to coat the tongue. Another is high cholesterol. Another said a kidney infection can sometimes leave a fatty taste.

And from the Chinese medicine side of things i found this....'Sticky and greasy taste in the mouth: Sticky and greasy taste in the mouth is usually accompanied by thick and greasy tongue fur, often caused by retention and stagnation of phlegm and damp turbidity. Sticky and greasy taste in the mouth with sweetness is usually due to damp heat in the spleen and stomach; sticky and greasy taste in the mouth with bitterness is often due to damp heat in the liver and gallbladder; sticky and greasy taste in the mouth accompanied by chest oppression, epigastric fullness and profuse and sticky sputum is due to internal accumulation of damp phlegm.'

DOn't know if any of that helps or not.
Remedies....strong mouth wash, sucking sour worms/lollies, ginger tea or ginger, pepperment tea...anything sour to cut through the fat. Sounds awful losingit but i have the taste before too...mine was a sweet fatty taste...vile! But it just went away. The body is a strange thing!
debs
Zip, did you have to fast for your gut ultrasound?
debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 06:34 am

yeah only worth it if you are in ketosis

We had the NBN people here today. I was all excited. We have a tower practically in our front yard but it is the other side of the mountain. They need to be in line of sight. So the other towers are not LOS and the one that is is 17 kms away and it only works at about 14 kms away. I have the modem, I have the voip box. Crap crap and crappola I say.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 06:23 am

Gasp drool YES go the Peppermint Club choccy.

On a serious not tho - Doooooode that sucks chunks.

T
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 05:33 am

I think morning fresh has fat cutting abilities and comes in a minty variety so it might be worth a crack....or you could skip it and jump to the cadburys peppermint chocolate...
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 05:31 am

My mum couldnt eat a lot of different type of foods after her Gall removal and she used to complain of a crappy taste in her mouth too.

She used to rinse regularly with chocolate... praps you could try that.

Im a bit worried about it actually cos it seems a looooooooooot of people gain after they rip it out.

I recon we have our bits for a reason and the gall does produce the fat breaking down stuff for digestion so it sounds logical to me that it might have something to do with it storing the fat instead of burning it.

Though the doc recons it just passes out of the bowel then and you will get the squirts if you eat too much fat.

The up shot of all of this is I have no bloody clue but as can see by research that you are not alone in the weight gain post removal.

At the end of the day what can you do eh... I think we are just screwed either way
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 05:08 am

Well I know it's clutching at straws, but I do feel like fatty foods just don't process as well without the gall. Mind you, as I mentioned, I have increased the amount I eat. I did have a bit of fill out 2 weeks prior to the surgery, mainly because I was struggling, but also because I didn't want issues if I was feeling unwell after surgery.

In regard to the fatty mouth situation, I wonder how much Morning Fresh would constitute being harmful. I'm considering an oatbran/Morning Fresh/water concoction - the oatbran and Morning Fresh might soak up and clear any fat, the water just as a carrier.

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 695731
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 04:48 am

Loosinit there are a lot of people who gain weight after gallbladder removal I asked my doc about it and he said it is due usually to people being sick and unable to eat a large of variety of foods prior to the op and their appetite returning after the op and intake increasing.

I dont know if his theory is correct but he said there is no biological reason for the weight gain but it does happen.

Have you tried foster and port for an earlier appointment Debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 04:27 am

Ohhh you poor thing. I still have my gallbladder and I haven't heard of what you are going through. Bugger
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 04:19 am

I'm beginning to regret a post I made recently. I said something about since my gallbladder was removed, I have just occasionally had a fatty taste in my mouth, but only when I've eaten something a bit fatty and it seems the body is not as capable of digesting it. Well . . . . . . . . . I have had that fatty taste for days on end now, even when I haven't had anything fatty to eat. It seems impossible to get rid of.

Earlier today I resorted to crushed ginger in hot water, swishing it around in my mouth, then followed with a half lemon juice, half water mouth washout, and have been drinking plenty of water. The fatty taste continues.

I googled this but didn't find any help. Has anyone else experienced such a thing?

I might resort to eating straight garlic to see if it can mask it. Bloody desperate I tell you.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty22/10/12, 03:40 am

Hi ladies, well i got my ultrasound referral today sent down from Dr P. Appointment is made for the 12th of November...so about three weeks away. It takes ages to get in down here. Oh well, at least it done. My tummy pain is just starting to come back but its only very mild....i notice it more after i eat something.

Oh Delia, i popped your protein powder in the post today...should be with you in a couple of days. I put the catalogue in there for you as well.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

debs
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty21/10/12, 12:20 pm

HI Rose, zippy told us about this stuff and its called Isoflex protein whey isolate in peanut butter flavour. It is from a website in the USA called Vitacost. com. I think Zip said you can get it here in Aus but its more expensive. There might be a link a few pages back...i can't quite remember though.
debs
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty21/10/12, 12:14 pm

Hi all
whats the brand and name of this wonderful peanutpaste tasting protien drink. Its got to better then scooping out a spoonful from the jar. Ta
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty21/10/12, 09:45 am

Losingit
I had my gall bladder out about 8 years ago. I did put on weight but I was eating far to much.
I have lost so I really don't think it has anything to do with it.
My thoughts.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty21/10/12, 05:00 am

Thanks heaps Losin' It.
I hadn't got around to looking that up yet so ya saved me - ta.

Reckon I'll stick mostly to Meal Replacement shakes like Optispew and just boost a bit here and there with my droolicious Peanut Butter Shake.
Actually it's got so few calories it's good for a between meal snack.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 10:52 pm

LOL you pretty much answered yourself.

Have you googled it?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 10:49 pm

Does anyone know: if bile helps with digestion of fats, and bile is stored in the gallbladder, and the gallbladder is removed, then there is no 'storage facility' for bile (which would still be produced by the liver) . . . . . . . . . what effect does the removal of the gallbladder have on weight (if any)?

You can see I'm clutching at straws here . . . . . . . . . . gallbladder removed 2 years ago, and coincidentally that was about the end of my weight loss phase. Sooooooooooo - someone please tell me that it is A factor (not necessarily a significant one) in the struggle to lose weight.

Geez I'm desperate - I'll look for any excuse/reason/bullshit to blame my weight gain on . . . as long as it doesn't involve the truth that I have been eating too much and exercising too little.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 10:12 pm

Tara be careful with too much protein - it overloads the kidneys (and I think may have the potential for liver strain as well). You need to make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water if you are having lots of protein.

Many years ago (1979 to be exact) I used one of the first protein drinks that was supposed to be a weight loss method (see how many years I've been struggling with the issue?). Anyway, there was no warning on the packaging about ensuring one consumed adequate water intake, I overloaded my kidneys and was quite unwell for some time. Had I known about needing to drink lots of water I would have done so.

The weight came off for a while, but like pretty much everything else I've tried before and since, it had a way of finding me again.

Good news on the stinky breath, though. You are a fat-burning machine now! Congrats.

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 644107 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 644107
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 12:08 pm

Nah not stupid at all I'd be reaching for whatever took the pain away too. But in this case I'll shall wish for you that you have not fixed yourself - as weird as that sunds.

Loving the Protein shake .. NEVER in all my time have I met a Daily Protein requirement (I'm a vego) and just counting my calories for today (It's snack time and I was trying to minimise the damage) I noticed I was over my daily grams of Protein. Lol now I'd better look up if there is such a thing as too much Protein.

I'm not really doing anything other than shakes and keeping my calories right down. I will slowly add food.
Oh, and fresh made vegetable juice (yep ewwwwww)

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 11:55 am

Hey Tara stinky breath...woohoo! That means you're in fat buring mode...well done! an i ask what you're eating on a daily basis? Might have to try it....

Tara my reflux is fine...TOO fine if you ask me. I was taking my man's nexium now and then and its helped, but as Zippy just pointed out i might have cleared it up. God i hope not, he'll look at me say there's nothing wrong. Its nice not having the pain but i don't want to clear it up either and have him think i made it all up. I should have thought of that. Stoooooopid!!!!!!! Arrgghhh....
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 11:38 am

Pwewy I got me some stinky breath .. must have hit Ketosis.
Ha who would have thought I'd get there ever again.

Hey Debs, Are you shakin' ?? (or are they yucky on your reflux?)

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty20/10/12, 05:23 am

God Zip you're right. I never thought of that. What an idiot. As weird as it sounds i hope i haven't 'cleared' it up. I don't want him to think i'm just whinging because i want the bad out...i want him to think, 'its playing up now and she wants it out anyway so its probably for the best.'

I reckon kylie will be talking to him in a few years too...she's a little bigger than she was a year ago. When her reflux starts then she'll understand better too i think. I have felt better so it must be the nexium....will not take any until he looks at me. I think he's scanning my gallbladder first and if that shows nothing then he'll probably want to see me for gastroscope so it should be another week or two before i see him in the flesh...hopefully the reflux will be there still so he can see it.

God i can't imagine it coming up every night while sleeping! How on earth did you cope with that? What did Dr P say when you told him you were in that state? My is nothing like that...must be stage one still...the burning cramping stomach pain stage...stage two and three sound like a nightmare. Hope he doee something before that happens....

deb

ps i was starving hungry last night so i tried your peanut butter trick. I had teaspoon and just licked it slowly and had a glass of skim milk too. It definitely helped! I didn't have a late night much on noodles or whatever. Score!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty19/10/12, 12:35 pm

Mine initially started with the burning belly and stabbing pains then moved on to a bit of back wash then onto a massive rush of acid and bile and food into the mouth during sleep several times a night....every night. I would wake up choking and drowning in it.

Debs... dont take the nexium... it will reduce the inflamation, you need the Doc to see it in its raw state . If your taking your partners nexium and heal it prior to your scope Doc is gonna think you complaining bout nuthin.. besides as I said before if its playing up and he can see it then you will have a better argument for removal and sleeving.

Take the zantac it will reduce the acid in your belly but leave the inflamation there so he can diagnose you.

Linda dont worry I could never do the pouch test when I had the band either cos it all just slides through and leaves you hungry...or it did me.

I just ate a mini reeces peanut butter cup and I feel sick...that ull learn me!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty19/10/12, 12:08 pm

Gosh you guys are dropping like flies with the reflux. Let's hope it's not catching.

Feel better soon guys.

Oooooh, and as for the couch test .. count me in.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next