Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty20/11/11, 08:47 pm

It is probably a questing for your band surgeon. I am sure it would be safer for you but it depends on how tight you run your band. It is a real pain to get back to the same spot once it is interfered with.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty20/11/11, 07:18 am

Hi guys just a quick note ! i have to see the ent surgeon on the 5 th dec for a endoscope to see what i need done on my sinuses
so over feeling like hell .. My question is do i need to have fluid removed from the band when i have surgery ?? would it be safer ?? Just need to get prepared as not sure when he will operate ... cheers sue ...
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty19/11/11, 07:07 am

Glad you're feeling like you're on the mend Delia. I hope it continues and the herbal medicine works well for you. SOunds like quite the rough patch! Be well, debsx
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty14/11/11, 03:15 am

I shall keep my fingers and toesies crossed for you Delia...such a so called simple thing as sinus is seriously a devilishly debilitating thing.

Try not to worry too much about your weight and focus more on the mending...the weight will come off but you need to take care of your self right now
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty14/11/11, 12:26 am

Hi Guys

I am feeling a lot better now. My hunger is the same so if it stays like this I will be happy.

I have had 7 months of virus after virus so am sick of it all. I have had really bad sinus and had 2 weeks of strong antibiotics and now on 5 weeks to try and get the bad throat all under control. I also am having acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. I am not sure if I should be taking both but will do just about anything to get rid of this.

This is the best I have felt in weeks so I am feeling I am on the right track.

My weight is still the same which I am grateful for so now I need to settle down and lost some more weight.

Take care all and I should be around a bit more as I am now home for a few months. Well I am hoping so anyway.

Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty12/11/11, 06:18 am

Delia - Hope you are feeling better!!!!!!!....

Westy
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty11/11/11, 10:32 am

That sounds awful, hope you're feeling better now Delia. Hugs.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty11/11/11, 12:54 am

Oh Delia thats no good. Reflux with the band is an absolute bitch and from one sufferer to another you have my sympathies.

I truely hope this settles your tummy down and you can refill slowly. Its a buggar, on one hand you want to keep your fill to keep your weight down but on the other you want it out to kill the reflux.

Its very hard to function on the lack of sleep and general unwellness of reflux.

Never mind, you made the right decision and took a break from your fill...you will heal and be a new woman again.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty11/11/11, 12:26 am

Sorry to hear that Delia. I hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty10/11/11, 11:53 am

Hi All

I have not been around for a while been a bit sick.

Today I had .5ml out of the band and I am feeling so much better. The last week had dreadful reflux and I think this will stop it. I should know in a couple of days.

Hope everyone is doing ok with their journey.

Delia

Last edited by Delia on 13/11/11, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty10/11/11, 08:18 am

Hiya Westy,

LOVE your avatar pic !! (Giggle, can relate to it.)

I'm so sorry you are still plateauing - your lapband journey certainly has not been an easy one. (Mind you - long term most are not!)

I'm sure you have .. but have you had your bloods done ? And do they tell you anything?
I'd be asking my GP to do some more tests (thyroid perhaps?)

It just doesn't seem right as I know you have been doing all the right things for a long time now.

As for Chromium, I LOVE it !!
I don't reckon it helps with the afternoon hungrys but it does help balance the blood sugar so I am much less likely to crush small children and steal their afternoon chocolate snack.

Good luck mate and keep us informed.
Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty10/11/11, 08:03 am

hmmm that is the 64 million dollar question.

The honest answer is ... yes we do come to a halt. The body will only release to a point then wont give up anymore.

You can try all the shake up measures and the best one you are about to start and that is exercise. I am always mindful that it has to be a regime that can be continued for a life time because once stopped the weight will simply regain.

Dont be disheartened I am sure you havent stopped yet. I have heard of stalls lasting 12 weeks before a drop takes place.

Do you drink alcohol because it can stall you... you burn alcohol before you burn fat and calories so you will either stall or gain if you are a regular drinker and it may be enough to tip you over into stalling this far on in your banding.

You can also try keeping a diet diary to find the hidden cheats... you know the ones that dont count like the lick of the spoon or the small corner of cake that just happens into the mouth. You can try tracking for a few days to see if your calories are indeed in the zone and not too high or too low for weightloss

For me, dropping carbs always works if I am disciplined enough to stick to it for long enough... these days my resolve is really poor so it doeesnt work...simply because I can only do it for a short period and not long enough to make a difference.

The key to breaking a stall is to just stick to it and dont give up, our bodies are smart and are determined to out wit us
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty10/11/11, 07:41 am

Hi Everyone

How long do we usually plateau for? Its now been about 7 weeks. I have been good the last couple of weeks, walking for an hour eating lot of veges and protein, and drinking heaps of water. Start Water Aerobics on Monday wonder if it will help.?

Do we come to a compete halt in this journey, read about people just lossing maybe 20 kilos then no more. Am I expecting more than I should!!!!!!.

I am hungry in the afternoon now, has anybody taken chromium tabets to help with the hunger?

Love to hear some feed back.

Westy
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty08/11/11, 04:07 am

Hi All ! How is everyone ??
Have not been on here for a while just had big family celebrations for mine and my dad's birthdays .
Had lots of family travel from overseas and as far as townsville
For the last two weeks we have been partying and i have had a blast only put on 1.5 kilo's
which isn't to bad with all the food and alcohol i have had ! lol
so now i just have one week left on my holidays so am vegging out and trying to get my self back on track !
so i hope you are all well and traveling along nicely .... cheers suzzie
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty02/11/11, 11:01 am

Well done Westy...i'm still trying to motivate myself to exercise. I too have a gym membership but lucky if i've been six times in last six months. Now the weather is getting warmer i'm hoping to get out on the kayak with my guy, its still hard work but more fun than the gym.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty01/11/11, 11:18 am

Zippy

You are a laugh

Dont mind the morning walk with my dogs, but they just want to smell everything and pee......., so its not a fast pace. Have been considering water aerobics for awhile, cannot go and will not go to the Gym, just wanted to get fit a little. Dont mind the water and classes are only $2.00 for an hour, so thats reasonable. Not to say in 3 weeks I will give it all away. Sounds like my last Gym membership Paid for 1 year went about 6 times absolutely hated it. Never will be a Gym junkie!!!!!!!. I went to Zumba twice, but found it was to hard on the old body!!!!!, not a young chicky babe anymore.

I have shoulder Surgery coming up soon, wanted to get rid of some of my aches and pains before I went in for Surgery. Then hopefully in March TT and BR, cannot wait to get rid of all that excess flab.

I hope you are travelling well.

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty01/11/11, 10:20 am

As one who dispises exercise... I applaud you General  Random Questions - Page 8 644107 I wish I was more open to the idea....however I have forked out for many memberships to torture chambers since being banded and found the quickest exit out of them each time. To save my dear and long suffering spouce the unfortunate displeasure of wasting any more funds on my abandoned sweat inducing activities I now stick to the trudging I do around the place.

Sadly this mostly takes place in shopping centres so his wallet still suffers moderate to severe cramping
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty01/11/11, 09:21 am

Hi everyone really quiet on the board -

Well Melbourne Cup Day today, had a great day out in my new Size 16 dress, felt amazing!!!!.....

We went to our local club with 12 other friends and had a absolutely glorious day. The Food was mind boogling never mind I did not eat much of the main, but I ate to much dessert never mind, get the mind back to diet mode tomorrow.

My new exercise regime 1 hour walk in the morning with my 2 little dogs, and off to Water Aerobics next week, hope this will help to move the weight along. Still sitting at the same weight. I hope everyone had a great day.

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty22/10/11, 04:20 am

Delia you probably dont need the whole lot out... if it were me I would get a quarter of that out .. just a smidge syphoned off will make an enormouse difference
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty22/10/11, 04:18 am

westy which plastic man told you to lose another 5 before they will operate... its a load of bunk.

The only criteria is that you have mantained the weight for an extended period... to lose weight just to get the plastic done will only set you up for weight gain after the op and there fore undoing what is done.

check out another surgeon...there are heaps of really good ones out there

The following is directly cut and pasted from Doctor Catherine Boorers site

"The goal of any plastic surgeon is to help a patient look good and feel good about him or herself"

"Weight is a very personal issue and there is no rule dictating that we should all be slim. Gross obesity is certainly not good from a surgical perspective, but for most it is wisest to undergo an operation while at the weight which is most likely to be maintained. There is no advantage in losing weight quickly before an operation only to gain it again afterwards"

Be kind to yourself Westy, you are a wonderful person and have done a remarkable job in this weightloss market... we all reach a point and have to know when to love ourselves enough to stop... I could not have worded my thoughts any differently to Loosinit... big hug for you my sweetie
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty22/10/11, 12:20 am

Thanks Losingit

I appreciate your words of wisdom. Yes I will change my way of thinking, I dont want to beat my self up each week and dwell on the not losing any weight, and thats what I do every week (depressing).

My goal at present is to have a Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction March-April next year, hopefully that will put me into the size 16 clothes bracket. I will be happy with that (not the size 22 that I started with). I will try the lemon detox - did you get that from the chemist?

My Surgeon told me that, weight loss, is very slow for some people, and some people just continue weight loss every week, and of course the age thing, yes I do agree the older you are the harder it is !!!!!!!!!!. I am in the older bracket. Life is not a bed of roses, just take each day as it comes.

Thanks again

Westy
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty21/10/11, 11:59 am

Zippy that made me laugh.

Today I am fine but I have an appointment in a few weeks and I will ask them to take the 1.5m out that was put in last fill.

It is so strange how this band is now.

Thanks and I am glad you are better Trace.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty21/10/11, 11:26 am

Westy - I know exactly how you feel. I came to that point too (we won't discuss where I'm at now). It's very disheartening when you know you are doing all the right things, yet the weight just won't move. I do believe that we can't all get to exactly where we'd like to be as the body sometimes has different ideas!

Even with doing everything exactly right, there's no guarantee you will just continue to lose weight. So I think we sometimes have to reassess what it is that we want to achieve: weight loss, health, feeling better about ourselves, being able to fit into a certain size, fitness etc. If you have carried weight for an extended period of time, and you are older, then the challenge is magnified.

Maybe make a list of what it is you REALLY want. In reality you have to be able to sustain whatever weight loss you achieve. If you are doing all the right things now, the question may be is it realistic to expect that you can lose more weight, AND sustain it? I know I tended to increase exercise as there wasn't much else I could do, knowing all along that the amount of exercise I ended up doing would be unsustainable in the long-term (and I am paying for it hugely now, but that's another story).

Are you better able to buy clothes you like to wear? Are you able to do things you couldn't before? What is to be gained from further weight loss (apart from the obvious lower number on the scales)?

While I don't necessarily recommend this method for others, when I had lost 60kgs and couldn't shift any more despite my best efforts, I did a Lemon Detox for 4 days which broke the barrier and enabled further weight loss. Sometimes making a drastic change, even for a short time, can shock the body into further weight loss. Some people do it by the harsh method (like Lemon Detox), others do it by a marked increase in calories for a few days, then change back to something more realistic.

What has your surgeon suggested?

Good luck. I hope you find a way around it. I know it can seem rather disappointing to have come so far, and yet still have that last bit to go.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty21/10/11, 10:19 am

Hi Everyone

Feeling a bit down and out at the moment. I am having a bit of problem with the lack of weight loss. My band (my best friend)has helped my loose just under 25 kgs (I know I have to be happy with that)

Have come to a complete halt in the weight loss area , for the last 3 month. I have been eating properly no naughty snacks, and eating good healthy food and walking heaps. I am so frustrated about the whole thing. Do we come to a path in this Journey when we dont loose any weight. I have changed my diet around, done everything everybody had suggested, but nothing has moved a mere kg, even went to Dietician who was absolutely no help at all!!!!!!!!!. Is it a waiting game, or do we just stop loosing weight. Dont think I need any more fill am quiet happy with the amount of food I eat. Still would like to loose another 5 - 7 kgs, so I can have Plastic Surgery. Pleas i need some advise............

Westy

General  Random Questions - Page 8 548438
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty21/10/11, 08:41 am

can be sharp ooooor can feel like something is caught in your throat like an irritation... mostly its a sharp pain to begin with
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: