Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

debs

General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty21/10/11, 07:47 am

So glad you're feeling better Trace. Thanks Zip, i didn't realise that's what it was...its a sharp pain huh. Thanks again.

debs
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty21/10/11, 06:53 am

I is soooo much better had my weetbix this morning first breaky in 13 days so quite chuffed with that. Still mind boggling to firstly think just .2 of a ml was all it took to feel better and secondly how quick the relief was it was instant. So on I go in this journey it was nice to have a stumble on the way and get help from you all it's great to know you are here so forth I wander
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty21/10/11, 01:17 am

yep thats what pressure on the eosophigus feels like... just take it easy for a few days..
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty20/10/11, 12:12 pm

I hope you're feeling better Trace. Did the doc take some out?

Can i ask a question....i had smallish blockage the other day that passed quickly but i felt a feeling i hadn't felt before. It was like having a chicken bone stuck in my neck/throat. It was only a small block from drinking some thickish milk drink but the pain it gave me was a shocker...it really felt like a sharp chicken bone in my neck. The blockage passed quickly but the neck pain took a while longer to go. Usually i feel pain in my chest when i get a blockage but this was in the neck. Anyone felt this before?

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty20/10/11, 10:28 am

hope it all went well Trace..

Delia...get some bloody fill out...dont make me get the hose!
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty20/10/11, 07:53 am

How did it go Trace? Hope you are feeling heaps better now.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty20/10/11, 12:55 am

OMG Trace hope you feel better soon.

Westy
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 10:43 pm

Thanks everyone geez where would we be without this forum hey. Well I got up this morning have a sore throat again getting a cold and my period lol never bloody ending but least I know that's not the band. no lump feeling in the throat so felt quite good then had a sip of water and BANG there it was so here I go off to the drs sucking it up will let you know how I go :)
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 12:51 pm

Trace I hope you are feeling better.

I know what you are going through as the last 10 weeks my band is tight for a few days then it is ok and I feel I could eat a horse. I don't know these bands have a mind of their own. The gurgling is a strange feeling isn't it?

Maybe the .2ml out will help. When I am tight I feel I should get a little out then it is ok and I forget about it till the next time. The last couple of days it has been tight so I am trying to have drinks and soup. I ate a rissole with grave for dinner but a bit sat till some of it came up. A bit just seems to sit below the throat till I bring it up. Then I am fine. Sorry about the detail. I will do liquid drinks for the next couple of days and soup at night I think.

I am sure I have air accumulating in my stomach and that is part of the cause of this. I also get this pain that goes across my chest and the top of my shoulder. Hell that hurts and I just can't get rid of it for hours but later in the day I will pass wind so I am asuming it is air.

Yes I have been to the Doctor (GP) and have had an xray done last week of my chest so will see what he says when I see him in a weeks time. He has not rang so I guess there is nothing in the xray.

Let us know how you go.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 11:59 am

If it were me.. I would get the smidge out let it settle then have it put back in.

when I went through this I had this kind of reaction which is why I would put off having the fill removed

I personally would err on the conservative side, you plan on having this band for a long time preferably with out major problems so ( I prefer) take it slowly.

Up to you of course but a little out will ensure that everything is fine, let you adjust to the larger fill then let you have a little extra put in later.

I am inclined to take a very cautious road after having problems though so if you think in the morning it will be fine then trust your gut
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 11:53 am

Hmmm that is a tricky one. I remember I had a situation like that. I was really worried and called up Doctor Wilson. It took a while to hear from him and while I waited it gradually got better. Maybe if the feeling only started suddenly and seemed to end suddenly it might be ok. I would see how you go overnight and in the morning and make a decision then. If you can drink water ok without any gurgling then maybe it will be ok. Hope it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 11:02 am

Sorry to be a pain in your backsides guys but well here goes as you know have an appointment tomorrow morning to take .2 out so this is what happened today hot chocolate at my mums cafe at 10 couldn't drink but only a few sips and threw it away then at 1.00pm another hot chocolate took my time was kinda ok but still struggled a little then I got home and well at about 5.30pm well just felt different had Indian for tea which consisted of chicken etc very creamy probably a cup full and went down like a dream and have been able to drink nearly two litres of water since. What the hell is going on do I still go in tomorrow or wait a few days see how I go am so confused at the moment :)
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 08:45 am

that .2 will feel like a bucket full of releif.

I remember the musical noises in my throat of a night, I would sit up all of a sudden trying to burp as if that would releive it... used to scare the bejeepers out of my hubby... dont miss it at all, and so not worth the irritation of it.

Yes your right its not at all painful but more like and air bubble or irritated feeling. At one stage I was sure I had something stuck on the wall of my throat. I found cold milk helped sooth it too. Perhaps because it is indeed irritated and the milk puts a lining over it...

good luck with it... like I said I truely sympathise....sheesh the things we do eh
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 08:43 am

That should ease it Trace. Have a drink when you have the unfill. If it gurgles at all I would think of having some more out.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 06:26 am

Woooooooo hooooooo Dr rang this morning can see him at 11.15 tomorrow I have handled it a bit better today probably because I know I will be better tomorrow and probably because only have had sips of milk the lump in the throat feeling not as bad but each mouthful has a lovely little tune in my throat gurgling away as I said not painful just an uncomfortable feeling that I just don't like lol. And definitely worse in the morning and when I lay down at night. My Dr in Adelaide has told the Dr in Naracoorte that I have to have .2 of a ml out doesn't sound much hey but has been a big pain in my ass I tell ya :) thanks everyone for your advice appreciate it very much the unknown certainly scares the hell out of me
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty19/10/11, 02:26 am

definitely as loosinit says... I too had the same issues and perservered and ended up stretching my eosophigus opening...you probably only need a tiny bit of the last fill out to releive the problem.

I sympathise... it is a most irritating feeling.... and no you don always pb when you have an over fill. My doc said it depends on how strong that reflex is in you...some bandits (like loosinit and I) do not have a strong pb reflex hence being able to continue with such situations because you think your just imagining it because its not a classic overtight pb situation.

I remember when I got my fill reduced after being in this position I burped really long and loud ....Dang it felt sooooooo good.
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty18/10/11, 09:30 am

Thinking of you Trace and hoping you are ok. It does sound like its a little tight.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty18/10/11, 02:04 am

You're welcome. I must say, when I had a little unfill, the relief was immediate. I have never had such an instant reaction from any other fill/unfill. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty18/10/11, 12:21 am

Ok thanks losing it I thought I would have to vomiting for it to be too much fill but thanks heaps for replying :)
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty17/10/11, 11:29 pm

Too much fill, Trace. I put up with the same thing (and much worse!) for a long time. My suggestion is to get a smidge out. In my case it was constant gurgling, to the point where other people could hear it and commented on it (not many people know I am banded). See what others say, but my guess is just a bit too much fill.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty17/10/11, 09:13 pm

It's been 11 days since my fill and every day I feel as if I have something stuck in my neck it doesn't hurt just uncomfortable and soooo much burping but only little burps not big ones any ideas pretty please just driving me insane at the moment :) Oh and really funny noises coming up my neck especially when I lay down. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty14/10/11, 02:04 am

That's true Tara, i forgot about the running thing. I'd like to be able to run, i was really good at it as a kid. Not long distance though, as a sprinter...i should try and start running again but i'm so uninspired at the moment. Maybe i should read the book again too. lol I think they've got a copy at my local library...hmmmm.....

Keep us posted if you get those jogging shoes on :)

debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty13/10/11, 01:49 pm

Debs,

It was an awesome read eh.
Maybe I should re-read it cos she actually inspired me to want to jog.
(Never actually did of course!)

But maybe seeing how well Sharon is doing with the running and with Melanie's re-inspiration .... something may happen ....watch this space ! LOL

Cheers
Tara

General  Random Questions - Page 9 837248
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty13/10/11, 01:05 pm

Would do Tara but i've read it....a very funny read! lol
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty03/10/11, 06:40 am

Hi all,

Just checking in again (sorry to nag) to see if anyone wants to buy MY BIG FAT GASTRIC BANDING ADVENTURE book b4 I chuck it on ebay.

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: