Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty28/09/11, 06:38 am

Hi all,

General  Random Questions - Page 10 14278
I am getting ready to move (UGH) and doing the big clean out.
I was wondering if anyone wants to buy my copy of Melanie Tate's FAT CHANCE - My Big Fat Gastric Band Adventure.

It is in excellent condition and a really funny and inspirational read.

Give me a yell if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Tara
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty27/09/11, 10:06 am

Thanks zippy you were right fluid
spent the last to days chained to the dunny
and weight is almost gone ! lol bodies are such strange things !
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty27/09/11, 01:43 am

3 kilos in 5 days is probably fluid ..but yes it is possible to gain fluid/weight on a steroid produce tho something like a nasal spray shouldnt be too much of a problem.

My doc precribed that stuff for me too but I was too lazy and kept forgetting to use it so I just stick to allergy tabs and decongestant tabs this time of year...

Check for dimply legs... pudgy tight fingers etc to see if its fluid which I suspect it is
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty25/09/11, 09:23 pm

Got a problem ! have had sinusitis and couldn't get rid of it so Dr put me on a steroid nasal spray since using it (5) days i have put on 3 kilo's !!!! stressing big time as he said i should keep using it for a few weeks !!!!! arhhh i will be putting on weight big time .... help !!!!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty22/09/11, 10:51 pm

Glad you are feeling better today. I hope all her clothes spontaneously combust!
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty22/09/11, 10:42 pm

Thanks everyone feeling better today ! was just a little blindside is all .
Normally i would shrug things of but yesterday i wasn't at my best and she caught me a little of guard ..
cheers guys you all make me smile xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty22/09/11, 10:03 am

You know Sooooze there will always be "those" people who speak with out thinking.... What size was she herself sometimes people have a disproportionate sizing problem when they compare themselves to others. Also there is a good chance that they were very small sizings if they were at the markets perhaps a 14 was more like a 12 or less.

I still get those comments from time to time usually with a catty undertone by those who I have distaste for, however I have learnt now to think 'farking cow'...and it always makes me smile wryly which unnerves the baskets no end.

Take this and feel it hon... it will harden you... they say what doesn kill you makes you stronger... I dont know about that so much, I have a fair few dints in me and I can still go down like a pack of cards if you hit me in the right emotional spot, but it will prepare you some for the next bitch that crosses you.

we all here understand how this has punched you... I think that no matter how thin we get, that chunky, husky little person will always reside inside. I too have cried my guts out for days over an insensitive remark... so you cry.. you get angry and you have a bloody good sulk about it, then pull up your socks look the world in the face and say stuff you all I am beautiful... and I have seen your photos and you are.

Dont push this down because you will eat it... go and buy yourself something pretty and have get your hair done.... you can always lose more weight but that woman will always be a thoughtless muddle brain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty22/09/11, 09:40 am

She may need help extracting her foot from her mouth but I am sure she did not look at you and think anything other than you may be a size 16 which happened to be on the other side of the shop.
You are doing fine, better than fine - don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty22/09/11, 09:30 am

Dont hate yourself Suzzie those people should hate themselves for even saying it I would of picked up a armful of clothes put them on the counter and said might of taken these if you weren't so rude and walked out. Hold your head high and be proud of your journey so far and they can stick those dresses where the sun don't shine :)
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty22/09/11, 08:35 am

Arrgg So Cranky !!
Today i went to the henty field days .
mum and i went into the ladies pavilion and were looking at dresses for us to wear next month to my dad's 70 th
we found these lovely summer dresses and i grabbed a size 14 which i am now wearing and most clothes are baggy !
Will this woman came over and said we have larger size clothes over there and pointed to the other side !
I was gobbed smacked and close to tears !! mum and i walked out i felt so belittled by this woman and my old insecure fat person surfaced and i reached for a bar of fudge ! Is this all it takes ??? my god will my life always be a struggle to control my self when people make comments ?? am i that precious ?? i hate my self right now !!!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty13/09/11, 09:20 am

Tanya is right... coffee triggers the release of insulin in our body which impedes the ketosis response... It is more sensative in some than others.

My advice is if you find dropping it will help you break a stall then give it a go and reintroduce it later.

It is often touted that one should skip coffee during the first phase of atkins to help get into that fat burning stage...again only an issue if you are low carbing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty12/09/11, 09:22 am

Hi Westy, I am in the exact same place as you and I don't think it is optimal. I doubt it's meant to be this hard. It's bearable but I do intend to get some fill out. In a way it's good because I am having some old bad habits pried out of my vice like grip, but yeah, throwing up every day, no exceptions, is bad. I am eating low calories but that's because I can't eat much, really I should have bigger serves of better quality food.
Good luck x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty12/09/11, 09:07 am

Hi Rosebud,
I heard a bit about that too so I asked my lap-band dietician about it but she said it not to worry as it's a bit of a non-issue. Just what I wanted to hear :)

I am sure it's all relative. Personally I am over the moon that I am guarenteed to never, ever eat an entire pizza by myself again so I am not loosing sleep about still drinking coffee - but I do I remember Steiny saying it helped him when he stopped drinking it and he lost a huge amount without the band! Of course Steiny was doing a lot of other things as well to loose the weight.

I think not drinking coffee to loose weight can't hurt but it probably won't make or break your success.
The thing about it apparently is that coffee triggers a hormonal response that encourages the body to burn reserves of sugar in the liver (instead of burning body fat) for energy . I am sure there is truth behind that but how much impact it has you may want to ask your own doctor or dietician about. I got the answer I liked so I am running with it ;)

Last edited by Tanya on 12/09/11, 09:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty12/09/11, 06:45 am

Coffee is a much debated subject among low carbers but I have to say I have never had an issue with it stalling me. I think it comes down to what you put in it or how you have it. Now I have never ever been one to do the whole skim milk thing, my thoughts are that if I am gonna die it aint gonna be via full fat milk in my coffee or tea. Having said that I take my coffee as a long black with a splash ( of milk) not a latte or cappa... which is the equivalent in calories to an entire meal to a bander

I now drink soy milk in my tea and coffee and still I have no issue with weight gain etc.

My lack of weight dropping is directly linked to my lack of will power these days. I have snuggled into my comfort zone and after 3 years I need a break from the vigilance.

Lets not forget either that if you are managing to keep your weight static at a number you are to be applauded as well..its not easy to stay still and not go up.

Baahhh we have spent most of our lives crucifying ourselves over our size and a number attatched to it.. let it end, make peace with yourselves and embrace where you are.

It will come that those scales drop again but for now love your self up...go get a hair do or a new top or even get your nails done but dont beat your self up it will only lead to a miserable day and the desire to eat something "nice" to make you feel better.

Drink that coffee and enjoy it sweetpea
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty12/09/11, 05:00 am

Hi All

Well guys it seems that we are in very similar place. I believe that after my last fill that I am in the sweet spot. Eating is very hard, is it supposed to be like this?.

I have gone off food completely, finding that a lot of food that I eat hurts to go down even after I have chewed chewed and chewed, so now choosing very carefully what I eat, but only eating very small amounts of food, but making sure that I eat lots of protein. Still sitting at the same weight (1 month).

Have been really run down just gone thru second lot of antibodics (dont laugh have been getting abscesses on my rear end!!!!!!!!!, very sore and uncomfortable. So obviousy not getting enough of the good stuff. Anybody know of a good pick me up remedy.

Should I have a bit of fill out, or keep going as I am. HELP

Westy

General  Random Questions - Page 10 548438
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty12/09/11, 02:32 am

Hi all what is the latest on coffee and d...( nearly said the d word).weight loss? I was told it hindered it but now hear green bean coffee is supose to help. I am a coffee adict. along with most of the bad stuff. De caffinated stuff just dosent cut it.
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty11/09/11, 11:47 am

I know the feeling Suzzie. I have floated between 93 and 90 for nearly a year now. It is very frustrating. That 80's mark is my desparate goal.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty11/09/11, 10:41 am

Hi guys ! i am struggling to with this stalling it's been months now of just sitting !
i go up i come down and just can not get under 80!
But i have noticed every month when i would have been getting my period (hysterectomy )
i still bloat up ! i put on 2-3 kilo's it lasts for about five days and then i go back to normal weight
As normal as can be that is .. it's strange how the body behaves ... i am happy mostly at the moment i don't let it stress me to much it's been 18 months of weight loss so if my tired old body needs to take a siesta i will let it do what it needs and wait for it to awaken and say righto lets get moving !
i know eventually i will win this battle i am playing for keeps so i say " yo body bring it on !!"
But i agree with zippy we need to verbalize how hard and depressing it can be!
To know you are not the only one in this fight is very empowering!
Good luck girls and boys may the weight loss gods shine down on us all .....
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty11/09/11, 08:42 am

Debs I remember that feeling. I used to think very person driving past was saying that I should be going faster or longer. Now I try not to care what others think.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty11/09/11, 02:43 am

Thanks Zip, thanks ladies. I know you're right...its a total head game this. It makes me a total head case! lol I need to walk too. I feel so ashamed to go for walk though. My man thinks its so silly as he says people would only think good things if they saw an overweight person walking, because they're doing something about it. Ha! But I do see his logic. If only people were like that. lol Nah, i'm probably being unfair...i'd like to think that most people in the world aren't making nasty judgements but..... that's not really the issue with me and walking and being in public anyway, its more the way i feel about myself. I am my own worst enemy, i am the one that says the nasty things in my own mind. If only i could leave my brain at home and take my fat body out for its daily stroll....things would be so much easier... LOL

ps you know what Zip. I think on my way up the scales i did hover around the 90kg mark. Hmmm...interesting...
Back to top Go down
newme2011

newme2011

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty11/09/11, 12:56 am

Geez Tanya, your avatar is very scary!

I have sort of hit a wall too, but I am countering it by eating a very small amount at night and having the bulk of my food during the day. It seems to work and the weight has started coming off again. It certainly has slowed down though, but I am determined with a capital D to hit 30kgs by 11/11/11. If I think about it, I don't really get hungry, but that has never been the issue for me, it is always just that food is there in front of me and I eat it. So, the mind game battles with the brain continue, but so far so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty11/09/11, 12:01 am

Hi Cate, can I be your walking partner? We would loose like 30 kilos just walking to our first meetup point :)
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty10/09/11, 08:15 pm

I think we all get to this stage...the weight will not shift, no matter what...!!!!...I seem to be getting hungry alot now - again, was ok till I had that fill and then had it removed just as quick, seem to have lost that pressure on the nerve - hunger nerve.....I am so frustrated with it all.....

Yesterday, I was out with the harness club, had a cuppa and a biscuit, well 30 mins down the track spewed my guts up-awful...immediately left and went home...then ate 3 small bowls of thick soup, no problems....

Oh me, Oh my.......so over this........if I could only do anothet 10 kgs................I need a walking mate.......
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty10/09/11, 02:12 pm

debs dont get down.. its quite normal to have a significant stall as you are now along the way. If you stick to your guns you will beat it and it will start on the downward slope again. As I have said before I got stuck on a number and it would not budge no matter what I did... and trust me I threw some whopper tantrums over it.

Its very easy to get sucked into the void of this whole deal... but its worth hanging in there.

I am 3 years down the track and over 60 kilos in the can...yes its worth it but its not with out its fight.

I think its normal to get down, this is hard hard work and it is beyond possible to stay on a high posative all the time especially when you have a significant number to lose.

Its much easier to lose 30 40 kilo than it is to have to dump 50..60 or 100 kilos.

I think the most important thing is that we should be able to post our ups and our downs... in fact its when we are at our lowest darkest points in this journey when we need to post the most. This is when we need someone to stand beside us.. extend their hand and say "its ok, Ive been there and this too shall pass'

Its when we keep it to ourselves and only hear the rah rah rah that we begin to feel failures and fall behind.

Stalling is normal in any weightloss venture.. our bodies gather them selves together for the next drop, in fact if you cast your mind back you will probably remember being at this weight for a considerable time in the past... its a comfort point...a set point your body remembers. It will hang around here for a bit till it gives up the fight and lets you experience a lower number.

Chin up sweet pea...it gets a bit better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty10/09/11, 12:54 pm

Try not to feel down Debs, your body knows what it is doing. You already seem to have a lot of knowledge about your health and what you are doing and I think what you don't know wouldn't be hard for you to find out. What I am trying to say is hang in there and be kind to yourself. Maintaining your weight is not a failure, it's not even a blip, it's just your body doing it's thing.
x

Last edited by Tanya on 11/09/11, 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : woeful grammar :))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: