Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
suzzie

suzzie

General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty23/06/11, 01:58 am

Hey thanks Zippy have been much better this week Smile
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/06/11, 01:01 pm

Oh I also forgot to mention that the iron and calcium in our vitamins is usually the culprit.

Try switching to a vitamin without the iron in it to see if it stops the problem. Most of us dont require the extra iron anyway and we over load ourselves...My dietician said we really only need a b vitamin mix ... thats what I take and all my counts are great.

Anyway check your vitamin and if it has iron its probably what is slowing you down
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/06/11, 09:36 am

Thanks guys i will give it all a try any thing is better than the situation on hand at the moment !! Smile
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/06/11, 08:55 am

we really.. need to watch our water intake, we tend to not only eat less but drink less....also less fat leads to a hard situation.

Be careful with toooooo much fibre and not enough water or you will need a vacuume cleaner to get those suckers out.

Ducolax is excellent for getting rid of the back Log...( pun intended) clean it all out then start with your new regeme.... trying to add fibre to an already clogged pipe will just compound the situation.

Magnesium is excellent... I buy magnesium oxide powder from iherb and have a 1/4 of a teaspoon in a glass of water at night to help things along. (it has no flavour or texture so you can add it to juice if you rather).

You might try some inner health plus as well and get the good bugs back in your colon.

1 cup of apple puree, 1 cup of prune juice and 1 cup of unprocessed bran... mix it together and put it in a container in the fridge and have at least a Tablespoon a day.. I have tried this and it really works well at keeping things on the move.

Kiwi fruit is great for keeping things on time..

Or if you can stomach it prune juice... I cant but pear juice works just as well and tastes better.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/06/11, 08:43 am

Coloxyl is good too. Hope you work it out ;)
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/06/11, 01:30 am

I use Durolax when I really need it.

Normally I add bran to my breakfast and that usually helps..

Jo
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty16/06/11, 11:51 pm

Hi suzzie - really know that problem - pain in the backside.

I went to the Chemist and brought some Dulcolax, it helps.

Good luck

Westy
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty16/06/11, 09:42 pm

HELP !!! is anyone else having trouble with constipation ????
I am eating fruit drinking heaps of water taking benefiber !
But still feel like i am caring half a brick factory around with me
And going to the toilet is like a major surgical procedure !
I feel like taking my bedding with me to the littlest room in the house
as i seem to spend more time in there than any were else !
IT"S A POO OF A SITUATION !!! LOL

Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty07/06/11, 06:07 am

Thanks Bluepantz

Off to see my Surgeon next Thursday. Dont know if I am over induging in food that I should not eat, been thru a bit of stress lately. Will sit down and have a good heart to heart with Surgeon.

Westy
Back to top Go down
Blupantz

Blupantz

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty06/06/11, 02:21 pm

My opinion Westy is that if you are being sick heaps of times, that is an overfill and you should go to your doc and have some removed. I'm going to be the biggest narc on vomiting this time around, seriously! I'm only telling you what your doc/team would tell you - you are in the red zone!
Back to top Go down
http://downsyzeme.wordpress.com/
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty05/06/11, 02:58 am

Hi Everyone - been off air COMPUTER PROBLEMS - hope everyone is good.

Now have 7.8 mls in my band, cannot eat lots of foods. Now looking for different foods to eat that satisfy the old body.
Normal days food
Breaky: Porridge or egg and Coffee
Lunch: Usually Crackers and Salmon or Yogurt
Afternoon: Coffee
Dinner Small piece of Chicken or Fish with small amount of veges and maybe a LeRice for dessert. Also eat heaps of home made soup!

It must be the cold weather really hungry but do not know what to eat HELP!!!!!

7.8 MLS is it a lot of fill. Been sick heaps of times, can ony eat small bits of food. Can anybody relate to this. Feeling rather down in the dumps and a bit lost at the moment. LOST 17 kgs since January.

Startng Weight 105kgs today 88kgs 17 KGs GONE - GOAL TO BE close to 70kgs by Xmas

Any suggestions?

Westy
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty22/05/11, 10:59 am

Lol thats my standard cheerio Tanya !
I passed out because i was to dehydrated and it dropped my blood pressure which is amazing for me as i have been on medication since i was 14 for hypertensive blood pressure my normal BP is around 143/119 but since losing weight it's been around 135/78 but on Friday it was as low as 120/57 so i passed out john said with a hell of a racket Lol....
Still not a 100% but on the mend thank goodness ..... cheers sue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty22/05/11, 10:37 am

That is bloody horrific Sue. I had a chuckle though when you ended it all with a nice "cheers Sue" ;)
What made you faint?
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty22/05/11, 04:31 am

Well Guys just recovering from the worst bout of Gastro ever !!
it hit me at 5 am Friday morning it was terrible i was stuck to the toilet with bucket in hand
thought i was going to die! Wanted to vomit but couldn't but instead these huge (decibel ) breaking
burps three in consession stunk to high heaven lots of dry retching scared the poor dog she bolted with tail between legs (LOL) i got up and thats all i can remember untill my husband was holding me yelling (sue sue) wake up!! he thought i was dead for a few seconds scared the hell out of him !
By 10 am i was off to hospital severly dehydrated they took me straight in and started pumping fluids in with morphine and Maxalon plus IV Panadol they checked the band and said all was ok i had not done damage i was so sore and still am in the band area and finding it very hard to even drink water looks like i cracked my wrist in the fall but it feels better today have an appointment to see DR about it .
The doctors at A&E said Gastro is a bandits worst nightmare as we can not vomit what is in the stomach below the band and we can actually vomit the stomach up into the new stomach which is dangerous and we also dehydrate faster as we get swelling from the dry retching and can not take fluids in enough.. just thought i should let you all know cheers sue
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty20/05/11, 02:39 am

Westy I don't think you are eating enough. Your body is probably in starvation mode.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty18/05/11, 12:57 am

Thanks suzzie I will change my routine around and add some fruit. Thanks for that advise, seems like the old body needs a bit of a kick start.

Westy
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty18/05/11, 12:44 am

Westy i had the same problem for a couple of months no weight loss
what i did was add some fruit i puree apples and poached pears (can not eat raw fruit anymore)
and up the exercise a bit walk up some hills get the heart rate up and racing for a few moments !
just need to jolt the system and get it out of its sluggish mode it's a pain i know !!!
good luck hope it helps cheers suzzie .... Smile
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 11:55 pm

Morning everone

Just a quck question - its been 4 weeks since I have lost any weight. What can I do to start moving the weight loss along

My meals are really plain

Breaky - Smoothie
Lunch - Small Tin Salmon and 2 crackers
Dinner - Soup or very small meal

and maybe a Le Rice for super. Should I change anything, and I do walk twice a day.

Westy
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 08:50 am

Suzzie,
That is simply awesome! You mountain climber you....could you ever have imagined yourself even saying that 1 or 2 years ago, let alone actually doing it??? I am amazed every day at how great I feel....I even had a guy check me out today...Me!!!! At nearly 50!!! Wow!!!

Tanya, I was quite surprised about dropping shoes sizes....I went from a size 9 to a 7 & 1/2 (I have just bought myself the sexiest little pair of black boots with a stacked heel.....ooooh la la!!!) I NEVER get sore feet anymore!!!!

Last edited by Vogette on 20/05/11, 06:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 08:26 am

Hikes up mountains, is no longer diabetic and has smaller feet - I'm liking this a lot!! :)
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 08:08 am

Thanks guys you are all an inspiration to me ! when ever i feel lost or down i come on here and read all your messages !
I see i am not the only one with weight loss issues and everything that goes hand in hand with the band ! and it helps me with my battle ....
Will Saturday is my 1yr Banderversary and to date i have lost 34 kilos dropped 6 dress sizers/ two shoe sizers !my blood pressure has dropped from hypertensive to normal and my daily meds are no longer needed !I am no longer a type 2 diabetic i hike up mountains and run around with my grand children and i love life ! cheers suzzie xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 05:01 am

Suzzie,

Congrats...that plateau is a pain in the butt! I find that when that happened to me, I upped the exercise for a few days and that got me going again. Also, writing everything down that you eat often finds those little hidden calories - you know the ones!!!

In regards to your husband's family, at the end of the day, as you say, they are the ones with the problem. You are reportable to noone but yourselves....and how proud are you!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 03:44 am

Suzzie, 85kg - Fantastic! Glad to hear the ball is rolling again.
How awful that people in your husbands family can't be happy for you. Good to see you don't care though - raspberries to them :)

Delia, I need to follow your lead. If I don't eat during the day, I crash and eat whatever is in front of me at night. Must remember to get that protein in. I am going to buy a nut mix today to keep on hand.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty17/05/11, 02:45 am

Well finally after a couple of months just sitting on the same weight (yoyoing a kilo or so) i am losing again so down to 85.1
was worried as i didn't feel any restriction ! thought i was going to put on weight and i wasn't seeing tamais for another 3 months !!
So i rang and got an appointment for next week for a fill ..
But as of last week till today i have lost 3 kilos so i rang and cancelled appointment i guess i was just on a plato
my restriction is fickled one day i am not hungry and can only handle small amounts of food the next i could eat a horse and chase the jockey !
I have notice a huge change in my body shape i am down to a size 14 and brought a pair of tight jeans and they are a bit baggy around the top legs and bum but tight around my annoying jelly belly !
The girls at work are calling me a super model LOL
But my husbands family refuse to comment only a few of them are happy for us .. {It's because we are not the biggest anymore and they hate that } but i say their problem not mine ! But i could not be happier my life is amazing ! cheers suzzie
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty16/05/11, 03:11 pm

I dunno
Hi Westy
I am the same as you are now. I have restriction. I think it is a lot to do with what you eat. I have to have a cup of tea before I eat in the mornings or it will get stuck. Seems so strange to me. Then I have to choose foods carefully and if not soft I use a sauce. I have had a few times where I have got food stuck. It will go down after a while but I don't like the feeling so I am choosing softer foods especially at breakfast.
I am also eating later and a bit more on some days. This gets me through till about 3 or 4pm then I will have some protein and veg. or meat,egg on toast. I do not then feel like an evening meal so have a hot milk drink.
I snack on some seeds and nuts.
The band is strange and different daily. I try and remember it is a tool and to work with it.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 15 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: