anewsharon
Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
kazza

General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty04/08/11, 01:01 pm

I suppose cause im new reading this i woudnt have a clue what use r talking about and a tad scared 2 experience it.oh what an adventure this is becoming ......:)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty04/08/11, 09:43 am

Oh crap .. my band has been fabulous untill recently so I'm thinking it must be entering it's "tween" age. Good lord I hope it doesn't get to the teenage stage and become a broody Emo.

Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty04/08/11, 08:06 am

Tara my band does exactly the same thing... in fact in the last 12 months I have gone in reverse with fills but seem to maintain the same level of restriction... I currently sit at half a mil in my band and some days its tight others its normal... hence why I maintain my band is a teenager..its contrary, doesnt follow the rules and the basket is moody as hell
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty04/08/11, 07:41 am

Thanks Zip,

Actually I had to read your post twice although I wasn't thinking sexual stuff I was thinking my boobs were so saggy I could throw them back there and roll.
Sadly they kinda look like tennis balls in a stocking hahaha.

I finally decided today that the pain was too much and it couldn't just be stress, so off I went to my surgeon for an unfill and it seems my fill level had "spontaneously crept up" by 1.25ml.
Holy crap no wonder I was in pain and the Nexium wasn't doing the trick.

Seriously, have I got some sort of reverse osmosis going on or something. It's happened a few times now (the spontaneous thing) so I'll have to keep an eye on it and see him when the problems first arises instead of thinking I can just tough it out (stoopid).

He took out a full mil and the pain between my shoulders eased immediately.
So there goes my chiropractic theory.
Oh well glad its all sorted out.

Cheers ,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty04/08/11, 12:24 am

Yep it definitely sounded like a sexual maneuver.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty03/08/11, 12:34 pm

you soooo nawdy
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty03/08/11, 12:28 pm

If it wasn't for the word 'stocking' in that description Zippy that would have to go in a whole other section! LOL
debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty03/08/11, 09:39 am

maybe your hunching to compensate for the tightness.... I do get the pain inbetween the shoulders buuuuut I put a couple of cheap tennis balls in a stocking knot both ends either side of balls then throw one leg over my back and hold the other leg in front... so thats one leg to the left side under one arm and the other leg over my right shoulder holding that leg over my boob and then slide it round till it hits the sore spot.... hold the legs and lean up against a wall and roll that sucker out. Ao much cheaper than a trip to the chiro.

I find often its actually coming from my shoulder and pulling at the centre so roll the balls round a whole lot of your upper back and loosen it all up... you lean as hard as you can bear to get the right pressure.

The other thing it can be iiiiiiis acid reflux...had that too when the band has been tight it feels like a pain between my shoulder blades that is gnoring.... try some gaviscon if it fixes it then your esophigus is a bit scorched and stretched so you might need some acid reducers for a few weeks to let it heal
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty03/08/11, 06:05 am

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else sees a Chiropractor ??

I have been super stressed over the last 2 weeks and sure enough bandie has all but slammed shut.
I am beginning to wonder if it is trying to strangle me from the inside out !

Anyway I have had serious pain in between my shoulder blades. Which is soothed with a heat bag but that makes the band tighter.

So to get to my point .. or theory actually.

I have just had an adjustment and the band already feels a little looser. I hope to be able to tell better tomorrow.

But has anyone else had the strong pain between the shoulder blades when your band is too tight over a week or two?
And has a Chiropractic adjustment helped with this tightness ?

Thanks everyone,
Tara
??
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty31/07/11, 03:20 am

Yes you are both stressed and the band reacts badly to it. I hope it settles down a bit with some free time when he is at school.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty31/07/11, 02:37 am

A small update while he seems to have settled in i am struggling to cope with his bad habits and am constantly telling him to slow down he is an energised bunny Lol but all is good ! have found that i am unable to eat since he got here every thing is grating and have had to resort to yogurts and softer foods ?? i don't feel stressed ?? but john is the same everything grates and hurts like hell so maybe tomorrow when he starts school and we get a bit of us time things will settle ..
thank you all for your kind comments and suggestions regarding matthew i deeply apprecate your support .. cheers suzzie
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty28/07/11, 12:04 am

Good luck Suzzy. Maybe you can take him on your big hikes and he will enjoy it as much as you do. It will also wear him out.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty27/07/11, 11:38 pm

Ohhh thanks guys ! Matthew seems to be happy to be with us we are enroling at school this morning so the new routine has started for him ...cheers
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty27/07/11, 06:08 am

All the best Suzzie, lots of love and cuddles go along way!!!.....

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty27/07/11, 04:07 am

On another note Suzzy try switching him to A2 milk...casein (A protein found in dairy products) is an inflamer in some children who suffer from ADHD and aspergers.. it will mean cutting dairy and switching him to non dairy products but the difference can be phenominal.

Vitasoy so milky is excellent in cooking ( I have it in tea and coffee) and toffuti make a cheese that is like american cheese slices and it is good also... I beleive you can get A2 plain yogurt but I cant find it.. If you can get it you can sweeten it and put your own fruit flavours through it
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty27/07/11, 04:01 am

Suzzy the solution is to run a looser band which is what I have found I have had to do... at the end of the day it works out the same because stress tightens the blighter.

Family first and as the mother of a "wild child" who needed a home that was consistant and understanding but still surrounded by instilled boundries you have my respect. It wont be easy and some days...weeks.. where it will be down right heartache and you will wonder why the hell you do it but then out of the mire there will be that sparkler of a moment that shines out and you will know that you gave him a better chance.

The band will survive this and you will find a new level....Good on ya!

General  Random Questions - Page 14 515430
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty27/07/11, 01:20 am

What a wonderful grandma to do that for your precious grandson much much luck with it all :)
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty27/07/11, 01:05 am

Hi Guys
well this is not band related but in the long run it might effect the band to some degree !
Today i take on full time care of my troubled 9 yr old grandson ..
he is a handful but hubby and i think that stability and love is the answer for matty
we both are worried about the long term out come for us both stress is not our friend the band does not like it !
But hope fully we can work with Matthew not against him and after a few months of rules and and lots of love and a bit of disapline we might be able to turn his aggressive side around and get him to be a happy normal boy !
Wish me luck guys and if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me !
cheers suzzie ....
Back to top Go down
kazza

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty13/07/11, 04:26 am

Thanku zippy General  Random Questions - Page 14 579334
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty12/07/11, 03:26 am

Dont know where this link would fit in but its a good one for either new bandits or those who are a bit lost further down the track... actually the whole site is a good read.

http://www.lap-band-surgery-site.com/bariatric-eating.html

This is a good link too

http://www.lap-band-surgery-site.com/lap-band-diet.html
Back to top Go down
tinkerbelle

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty07/07/11, 12:27 am

Ange wrote:
Any one else noticed that thier band gets tighter when they are premenstral??!!

Hi Ange

I wondered the same thing myself recently but then found out I was pregnant and not actually premenstral. lol. I had never had food get stuck at all until I got pregnant and now I am getting food stucka few times a week. So I definitly believe hormones could be playing a part in how tight my band is.

Belle
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty03/07/11, 11:26 am

Any one else noticed that thier band gets tighter when they are premenstral??!!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty30/06/11, 07:07 am

Seneca leaves steeped in water over night and drank the next morning is good for the poo problem and natural.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty30/06/11, 01:13 am

Hi, it's in the goal weigh my goal date section. Can't wait to see them K
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194

AuntyEz194

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty30/06/11, 12:32 am

Silly question but where do I find the before and after pics? I would like to add mine and I cant find it! (silly me! haha)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: