Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty05/04/12, 10:43 pm

morning and HAPPY EASTER!!!!
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty05/04/12, 04:41 am

Debs hot chips are a no go with me too . patatoes just seam to make a stodgy plug.but that hot chip and viniger smell just tempts now and then
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty05/04/12, 03:12 am

Dam I does love a good rocky road meself!

Nahhh Im like loosinit nothing comes up... I have tried the coke...the coke came up but the offending object always remained down.

I would slime and suffer pain till the bastard worked its way through the stoma... then I would get releif but be stuck with that swollen feeling for a day or two till I did it again.

The pain is terrible...or I found it so and I would find it hard to breath so sitting opposite a group of people with a mouth full of increasing slime smiling like an idiot and feeling like I was having a heart attack was not my idea of living... brrrrrr I dont know how I got through it all now.

I have massive sympathies for people with stuck episodes... They are horrendous...even if they are short lived.

I said to my doctor once " If I didnt have a band and I came in here with these symptoms you would suggest cancer....yet I do this for the good of me why???"

No wonder I was in pain when I woke up from the op ...the doc probably grabbed my intestines squeezed them in his fist and said " you wanna know why biatch???"
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty05/04/12, 01:53 am

Yay it sounds too good to be true. Don't you dare think you are boring us. I want every little detail. I am a lucky one who, when it needs to come up it comes up whether I like it or not. Lucky to make it to the loo sometimes. If at home the kitchen sink cops it. Gross I know but something you have to do.

I just made a batch of rocky road. I didn't buy easter eggs. This is much nicer and much better value for money. So I have a big 2 kg tray of rocky road in the fridge. I made it at xmas and lisa and brook loved it. It freezes too which is good. Not so good that you can acutally eat it frozen.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty05/04/12, 01:35 am

Thanks guys and yes it is good. I have to say I am not finding it in any way difficult and reading Debs post I remember only too well how it used to be and you have my profound sympathies.

down another half kilo today.. clothes are starting to hang...again pretty happy bout that.

I would have thought I would have felt some pangs of hunger but all i feel if my intake is too low is a little sugar low... you know extra sweaty, the shakes, bit lightheaded and then I remember oooo better eat.

This will make you cringe... a small caramello egg yesterday was the same equivelent hit and happiness as a large easter egg to me prior to the op.

I know ( because Im not dumb and insanely bitten once shy due to the band) that this sensation will possibly not last but I have made the internal decision not to dish up too much and tempt myself to eat too much for taste, thus stretching the tummy too much.

Naturally intake will increase....shit no one could last for long on what I am intaking now but fooooor now I will work the ass out of it and try to protect as much of it as I can.

Most young sleevers are worried about a future of going out for dinner or going to a bbq and only being able to eat so little... I am sorry but till you have done both those and yacked on the tiniest amount of something then slimed like a rabbid dog with the axe in your chest and still tried to look like nothing was wrong for the entire event .... you aint lived.... for this comparison I thank the band for making me grateful for the tiniest of things.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty04/04/12, 09:26 pm

You sound a bit like me, Debs. I get things stuck sometimes and if I ever manage to bring something up (extreme effort required by me to do so - I don't pb), it is usually only slime. How do I know when the stuck episode is almost over? Yep, I get the hiccups.

Zippy - glad to hear you are doing so well. You must be very pleased with results so far. Well done you! So the glory days are finally here - after years of hoping they might arrive, it has finally happened, no thanks to the band. At least, as you say, the band did give you a good grounding for the rules of the sleeve. Bet you are having a quiet smile to yourself with the complaints of the newly-sleeved never-banded peers. I certainly would be.

Keep up the good work. May this be the helpful friend you were hoping for last time.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty04/04/12, 10:00 am

Sounds like you're doing so well Zip, good on you. I'm sitting here with bad reflux..burning in my chest and sliming like there's no tomorrow. Its funny how when you have to bring it up there's hardly any food...sometimes none at all and the blockage is actually the slime. Sorry i know that sounds so grose. I only pinched one hot chip off the plate and now i'm paying for it. Don't think i'll get my dinner down now.....god damn it! My own fault, i should know by now i can't mindlessly nibble at something. Ok, here comes the hiccups.... bye guys :)

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty04/04/12, 02:58 am

ba ha haa...nup ya gunna have ta get your own
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty04/04/12, 01:38 am

I wanna swap!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty04/04/12, 01:17 am

Morning all... much samey same here so wont bother posting a blow by blow.

Had oatbran porridge for breakfast with cinnamon and sweetener and unsweetened almond milk...then stick blended it... gave me a semi hot cross bun fix with the cinnamon in it.... 3 teaspoons and I was done.

Starting weight pre opti 93... start of opti 89.9.... day of op 85.5... today 82.

Happy with that.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty03/04/12, 01:19 am

yeah I think we are like the poor kids who finally got to stay in a decent house, while the rich kids used to the finer things are all about what they are missing out on.

As an exbandit deprivation is no freaking stranger!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty03/04/12, 12:05 am

Don't you dare ever stop posting on here. We love you and welcome everything that is going on with you. It is always there in the back of our minds that this might be the next fronteir for us. It is interesting how the ex bandits are content and the virgins are squeeling. I love it LOL
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty02/04/12, 11:24 pm

up and running again today.. feeling great.. sweat a bit when I do stuff so sit down for a while then get on with it.

Had half a one of those small punnets of yogurt for breakfast and a cup of tea later.... loved the cup of tea the yogurt was duty.

So far so good. Most complain when they start their solids that they arent eating much and want be able to eat bigger meals with the families or socially... I got over those issues in the first 6 months of the band. I note none of the exbandits are making the same grumbles.... so far I feel like I am pretending I got the sleeve.

In fact when I got up this morning and threw on the jug it took me a good 10 minutes to remember... this is a good thing.... the band was never more than 60 seconds from my thoughts.... if I did forget the reflux rose up to remind me.

I am on nexium and started it a week before the op...have absolutely no signs of reflux at all. Nexium while I had the band never worked, in fact nothing did and I may as well have been shooting smarties.

Doc said 3 to 6 months on the Nexium to let the tummy heal then go off them... if I have reflux at that point I have no issue restarting the Nexium as it will be the only tablet I take... its a small pink tab taken before breakfast everyday...it does not impede my lifestyle at all....however reflux does.

Hope everyone is sailing along a treat.... I havent see my lovely one miss Loosinit in a little while, so I hope she is ok.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty02/04/12, 11:38 am

Thanks girls, I feel a little weird about posting it all here like I am putting the band down...which Im not its a good tool if it works for you but it just wasnt the right fit for me... Ya get that.

If you had been standing next to my bed an hour after I woke up from my VSG I would have screamed at you to run as fast as you could away from the evil place....but today I know it will be ok... its kinda like that nirvana green zone I was always looking for.

there are a load of different reactions on the march sleevers thread...some good some not so good. As we know from our early days with the band in the liquids and mushies ... it aint no picnic....the band served me well here and I am well prepared. Perhaps this is why today I am in my comfort zone.

I note that all the exbandits have settled back in the saddle comfortably while the virgin sleevers are squeeling a bit about the whole craptastic fluids stage. After suffering from reflux for 2 years and choking on food and sliming like a rabid dog this to me is a freaking picnic.

I sat down tonight to my (and this is for you loosinit) baked bean and cheesy tomato soup in the huge measure of a quarter cup... I got half way through and thought " I cant be bothered eating any more Im bored".... and I was done...no pain .... nothing just over it....to be honest I couldnt have been arsed to eat in the first place but sat down cos a day of diet cordial was not enough intake.

My pants are loose on me already and my rings are swinging on my fingers...Scary thing was as I was taking the garbage out tonight I was suddenly struck with the idea of what if I cant stop losing after this 23 kilos I have left is gone... pffft I wish... shit what a freaking nightmare eh... NOT
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty02/04/12, 09:29 am

Great to hear, Zippy....for most of us, you are taking the steps into the great unknown-but-often-wondered-about.
Thank you for sharing your ups & downs with us...may there only be ups from now on, except of course, for the scales...may they be ever downward to where you want them to be!
Beth
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty02/04/12, 07:48 am

Zippy,

Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

You are like our own Neil Armstrong I reckon.
One small (actually giant) step for Zippy, one even giant-er-er step for Bandits knowledge !

Ok so it's not as catchy as Neil's but ya know what I mean.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty02/04/12, 07:16 am

Fan bloody tastic
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty02/04/12, 05:33 am

Debs I have heard of some suffering from it in the early stages when they eat anything too sweet or fatty in larger... obviously not huge.. quantities.... but not everyone gets it and those who have, have said it was good because it put them off the thing that they had eaten permenantly.

feeling fantastic today.. got to force myself to remember to eat... sucking on diet cordial and chilled water all day and nil desire to eat. Not at all nauseous or repulsed by food just neutral about it.

Today I feel like I was never operated on at all ... I am recouping much faster than I did with my band...dont know why, maybe I will rebound...hope not.

4 kilos down since surgery
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty01/04/12, 02:09 am

Thank you for the update
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty01/04/12, 01:24 am

Sounds very exciting Zip...so glad you're recovering so quick, and really interesting to hear about the heightened tastes etc... do you know if 'dumping' can happen with the sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty31/03/12, 10:45 pm

Good to hear. How was your lunch out? What did you have. i bet you were a cheap date.
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty31/03/12, 10:27 pm

Junies....just in case you are wondering, your "old" thread was automatically locked and re-created by the system as you had reached 100 pages (1000 replies) to stop it from taking so long to load. The old thread will remain, but you just can't write to it...

Nothing I can do about it I am afraid...

Beth
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty31/03/12, 09:06 pm

feel completely normal today except for the paint peeling keto breath and not being able to sleep because I am wired due to ketosis

Apart from that... absolutely no hunger or desire to eat at all. The fam had fish and chips last night and I was like 'Meh' which is unusual because for me ... with the band when I came home from hospital in the liquids stage I still wanted to eat something.

Now most are complaining they crave a steak or something to chew but have nil hunger so perhaps that will come in a few days.

As for now a 1/4 cup of anything sipped over a half hour is enough for me. My taste buds are heightened ....another thing I did not experience with the band ( this seems to be a universal thing I am hearing) and sweet things are extremely sweet same with salty etc so small amounts like a lick is enough. With the flavour being heightend the smaller amounts of food seem more pleasurable and filling. I get that hit for flavour really quick and am content... but as I said early days we shall see how it goes

Thats about it I think... dont feel drained or in pain I feel totally normal. cuts feel fine little sore but not that deep drag just if I press on them they twinge. Internally nothing just not hungry and slower intake.

If you drink too quick you know it because you feel as if there is a bubble of air... I heard one lady say she consumed an entire splice ice block and was sick and had sharp pain for 2 hours, she went to the hospital and her surgeon said it was classic over drinking in the early stages.

So I wont push it I will stick to the 30 mil in one go thing and wait till I heal to take this puppy for a run.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty31/03/12, 01:17 am

Yep you're right Zip, he is a good doc...we are very lucky. And what a sweet hubby you've got. So glad you're on the mend. It sounds like its less painful than the band as you're recovering so quickly. Well done you. Hope you have a nice lunch too.

Thanks Linda, it probably is first bite syndrome...i wonder why some people get that? I thought about mentioning it to my doctor but i don't know if its an actual 'thing' or if its something he'll smirk at and say 'i've heard of it but there's no medical reason for it' which as we know is code for 'its all in your head'. lol Thanks for the tip though...i'll try a cup of tea or something before eating and see if that helps.

cheers,

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty31/03/12, 01:03 am

Debs I will stick around as long as the Junies will have me. We both share the same band doc so you know where I am coming from when I say I felt comfortable with the advice I was given. He is never overly excitable about anything and gives you the fact of which you have to make up your own mind.

Thanks for everyones good wishes... all is good here. I am feeling better each day...head ach is gone and I am up and about doing what I want when I want though the family stop me and make me sit down. Tomorrow hubby is taking me out for lunch...soup no doubt and only about a Tablespoon but its out. Yesterday on the way home I made him stop at coles and I wandered the aisles looking for things that might tempt me so as you can see though its a big surgery you do pull up quite good after day 2.

Hubby told me that he rang docs rooms at 12 oclock on the day of my surgery and he was still in theatre. So the secretary gave him the straight through to theatre number for him to ring. When he rang doc was in surgery so he left a message saying he was my bloke and he was working in remote QLD and couldnt be there and was worried cos he hadnt heard anything... 20 mins later doc rang back filled him in and said to ring him any time if he was worried or needed to talk

Sooo he is a good fella my doc...or as I should say 'our' doc Deb...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next