Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 11:43 pm

Mexican sounds good. I quite often make tacoless tacos. The recipe is in the recipe section. Alan has corn chips with it and I just have the mince and vege.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 10:28 pm

History is made of self sacrificing women like you Loosinit... Joan of Arc, Mother Theresa...Imelda Marcos ( did she not sacrifice herself and take in all those shoes so they would have good homes)..

You are up there with the greats...2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 515430

The weighted burden you carry for all of us leaves me breathless... thats it Im contacting the Pope
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 09:48 pm

I must be making up for what you are not consuming, Zippy.

In the interests of good neighbourly relations, I reluctantly accepted some baked goods from my Greek neighbour. She had done some baking for Easter, and not wanting to offend her, I graciously accepted what was offered. Hard as it was for me to do, I just wanted to vent here and let you all know what a martyr I am in these circumstances. I know you will understand my hesitation, but I'm that kind of person - I don't like to offend anyone.

So I will just have to plug away until it is all gone.

I even surprise myself sometimes with the burdens I carry in order to keep the peace.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 09:43 pm

hmmmmm sooooo... I have a BBQ planned for dinner tonight and am currently trying to think how to shove a steak, rissole and snag along with salad in the blender... so far my nutting out have proved fruitless....

*sigh* luckily I have lil containers of frozen mush in the freezer.....oh oooo..... oooooor I could do the refried beans (99% fat free) with taco seasoning stired through and some squashed avocado with lime and melted cheese and a lil sour cream and have a lil mexicano...mmmmm yeah its a winner Im doing that.

As you can see they needed to remove my taste buds along with my freaking gut!

Ha even I will think its funny layering all that up into a teeny 1/4 cup measure....
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 08:32 am

well as much as it makes my ears bleed to hear myself saying this... I am going to climb on to the eliptical tomorrow morning and shake the dust out of it.

*sigh* its time and as much as I dont want to I know I have to and in all honesty I have felt well enough for a week to get on it...I am simply lazy.

B -1/8 (2 Tablespoons) of a cup of scrambled eggs for breakfast

MT - cup of tea and some water

L- 2 Tablespoons left over chicken casserole with plain low fat yogurt on top.

AT - half a cup of unsweetended almond milk with 2 scoops of whey protein powder (nil fat, carbs, 40g protein), half a teaspoon of coffee and a half teaspoon of nativia

D- 2 T cottage cheese.

maybe a couple of Tspns of diet jelly later if I can muster it.

Vitamin tabs and water during the day...plus a couple cups of tea.

Tomorrow I am gonna make another coffee shake and have it morning and afternoon tea to up my calories and protein....dont wanna lose the mop
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 08:18 am

male
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 03:38 am

Is it a male or female friend on facebook linda... sounds male to me... good weightloss too.

I am finding water easier now but still cant get in a load of it. Food going down easier...still full on a half 1/4 cup but the sated feeling is even better than it was before and the tablet in the throat thing is gone.

Nooooow...because I is who I is , am starting to worry I will eat too much (its an exbandit thing) I am not eating any more than I was a week ago but because I am getting more normal and better every day and the sleeve is starting to settle in I am starting to doubt myslelf because the band didnt work.

Im just nuts I is. I think cos its so easy in comparison my head is saying this wont work.

Linda Im so glad your mum is feeling better. It takes time after a stroke to get them level again and the sometimes get depressed cos things arent the same but it does get better.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 12:48 am

Linda great your Mum is happy and I hope your virus goes fast. I think weather has a lot to do with it.
You new rooms sounds nice and the old one comfy with the new furniture.
Facebook friend sound like she is doing well.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 12:19 am

more from my facebook friend

kilos down since surgery 10 days ago. Recovery heaps easier than with
the band. Have to Take it very slow with all liquids. Can't wait to
have some mash veg and runny eggs this Thursday but I can't see myself
being able to eat much. I drinking 2.3 lt of water each day prior to
surgery. Finding if I do that now I struggle to have soup for lunch or
dinner. Im sure things will settle down but for now I'm loving this
life. Exercise has consisted of nothing but walking the dogs so far.
Hanging to have a punch but I'll wait. Will start toning up the legs on
the stairs this week and sharpening up the guns with the dumbbells.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty15/04/12, 12:03 am

We bought a 12 month old leather lounge suite yesterday. So spent the day cleaning as when 2 old couches came out there was mess under them. Spiders everywhere. 2 recliners have gone in the family room. Now we can watch telly comfortable in there with the fire and not use the heater in the new room. The new room is lovely in the day as it has views but not much chop at night so why spend money heating it when we can be comfortable in the other part of the house. The other is a 3 seater with recliners at both ends. Chocolate leather and we paid $1000 as the people were moving to Melb. So I did a big clean on our existing leather suite and the new one and the house is all vacuumed and looking sparkly. With the new room we actually have 3 living areas now.

I woke up in the night and felt like I have swallowed razor blades. My throat is very sore. I think my glands are swollen but Alan says they aren't. So hopefully just a sore throat and not tonsillitis.

Mum is happy in the new hospital. My best sister is home now so I will be better informed.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty14/04/12, 11:18 pm

what chawl dooin?

Not much happening here...just stuff...boring really.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 09:31 pm

well I had an infarct last night over the chocolate bingle and pm'ed a lovely exbandit sleever and had a melt down to her.

She explained to me its perfectly normal and its a head and body thing not a stomach thing. that a) my head has the memory of chocolate being good so there for prompted me to have it (head hunger) and b) its body hunger not tummy hunger ....meaning my body needs nutrients that my tummy wont respond to, so it ganged up with my head to eat it. It makes sence as I cant imagine how everything keeps going on the very small cal intake at the moment. She also said you dont really feel the full extent of the sleeve and its magic till around 3 months when full solids are in place because at the moment the sludgy foods just slide in and out quickly. Solid protein apparently can sate you for a very long time with the sleeve. Sadly I never found this with the band cos I couldnt get the freaking stuff down to test it!

She asked what size bunny it was (it was a small rabbit) and reminded me what would I have done to said rabbit pre sleeve and with the band....the answer was I would have scarfed all of it not just its ears then ratted through the house for more..

So I feel better.

Last night for dinner I ate around half of a quarter cup serve of mush and it went down really well with no tab stuck in the throat feeling and it was enough for the night. Though when I though about the chocolate I felt really queesy

this morning when I got up someone had eaten the remainder of the rabbit carcass in the fridge and left the wrapper on the coffee table and I felt really nauseous at the thougth of it and got water in my mouth like when your gonna be sick. It might as well have been a bucket of vomit for the reaction I got.

All I could think of was how sweaty and yucky I felt after eating it the day before....hopefully the feeling stays.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 12:55 pm

Thanks Zip...will give a shout out if i'm up that way. Yep should go in and see him, he is a lovely bloke...just me, i'm shy and hate the thought of 'getting in trouble'. LOL I know i won't but its hard to go in and say ...'i'm one of those failure ones you were telling me about' ...LOL Will have to do it though. I had some chicken curry tonight, was so hungry but a bit got stuck after about three bites, slimed like a bugger, brought it up and went and had a passionfruit scone instead. Bad! Its hard when you're hungry and sometimes only bad food will go in. If this keeps up i'm going to end up fatter than when i started! LOL
600cals? Jebus! The weight will be falling off you! Hope you post some new pics sometime...hint hint ;)
debsx
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 12:33 pm

Good to hear how you are going Zippy.
Keep up informed as we all want to know and who knows what is down the track for us.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 10:09 am

well I was a bit hungry today... but it was bordom related and found a chocolate bunny in the fridge, hidden under the apples...pfft not smart... so I ate the ears off it.

I am sooooo over sitting around and Im going nuts. Im not hungry but just want something which is head stuff not real hunger. In actual fact when I was eating the ears I really didnt want them but was in a mood so I plowed on through.

It was super filling though and gave me the hot sweats... tomorrow I will start the day with eggs instead of all bran. I have found when I do the all bran I am a bit "craving"

I cant explain it but in any case I cant get much in to do damage anyway so its not that bad.

I feel so guilty though I have to say because I didnt really want it ..I wasnt hungry but I ate it anyway... I have crazy in my head sometimes.

All in all I think total cal count for the day hit a max of 600 cals with the chocolate so still way low.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 10:04 am

debs go back and speak to 'nige' He is really good with that stuff and has a wicked sence of humour. I was the resident pain in the arse and complained like a biatch all the time...mention my name to Kylie and himself and watch the groan.

He is there for you to tell your complaints about the band to and will give you solutions...some you will like....some you wont. I definitely ran the gamut of his solutions till they ran dry and he laughed and just shrugged his shoulders.

I hammered him with sarcasm for drinking coffee and eating cake during my visits and just in general gave the poor basket a hard time... he really is a good bloke when you break him down.

So strut your stuff in there Debs and let it all out. You cant fix it if you dont let him know its broke.

If your ever in Port and wanna catch up for a coffee...pm me and I will be there.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 08:57 am

Me Three !!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 07:24 am

me too!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 07:14 am

Sounds like the water will only be a temporary thing hey. I'm a bit of a guzzler when i drink (mostly because i forget and by the time i do remember i'm parched :) Even though i don't have a sleeve i feel really excited reaing your posts and the post like Linda quoted from facebook. I think i'm living vicariously through you Zip. LOL

I'm thinking of going back to talk to Dr Peck about the probs i've been having but have put it off because i don't want him to think i'm a failure. I always go in a just say 'everything is fine, i just need a bit more fill i think' so he'll be dead shocked if i go in and say its not fine and i've been a big fat fibber. I feel really embaressed.

Don't feel bad that you're loving the sleeve or like you're bagging the band Zip. I think everyone understands bands are so different for different people. And if you're one of the ones who the band works for that's the most awesome thing...and if you're not, i think people are just happy that you've found something that is working. Band..sleeve...diet...exercise...as long as it works it doesn't really matter what your weapon of choice is. I'm just loving reading your posts. lol

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 02:23 am

Ok there is one gripe... water... it just doesnt go down well at the moment... little sips dont cut it if your a guzzler.

Apparently cordial, diet or otherwise is easier but its still a dicey situation and small mouthfuls. Makes sence really cos if you poured a glass of water into a funnel fast it would be slow to go through...slow and it goes down a treat.

Any way it takes me a few hours to get down a good sized glass of water and with time management I can get a litre...maybe litre and a half in by bed time... they say that it eventually gets easier and you can down a glass but at the moment its like looking at a glass full of oil and saying ok down the hatch.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 02:17 am

Yar... that sounds like a pretty typical response from an exbandit... as I have said before I think it is so amazing to us after the struggle and pain with the band.

It feels horrible for me to be saying that because there are so many who are happy with their bands like Delia and Trace.... but for me I was just not so magically blessed nor happy to put up with the inconvenience of it.

At the moment its an almost euphoric feeling of freedom. Some bandits are feeling a little let down because the loss isnt the 5 kilos a week that virgin sleevers are having but hey after starving..sliming and suffering the axe in the chest only to gain or stay the same... I am happy to plug away slowly at this thing....besides I think I have done 7 kilos in 2 and a bit weeks... I will take it.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 02:10 am

This is what another ex bandit posted on facebook today

This
sleeve life is pretty exciting guys. I was so unsure about it but so
glad i did it now. 8 days In and I fell pretty much fully recovered.
Have to set alarms to eat. Zero appetite. Apparently the part of my
stomach that sets of hunger/appetite has been fully removed. That's
pretty cool! Lost 13 kilos in the first 5 weeks after my band. Can't
wait to see where I am in 4 weeks time with the sleeve. Did I mention
I'm excited?
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 01:53 am

That's so great Zip. Sounds like the description that came with the band...but this one is actually true! lol That feeling full on a small amount thing...that never came with the band...well it does come but only when i eat a normal sized meal...the half to one cup thing never really happened for me. That feeling you get with the sleeve must be so amazing.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty13/04/12, 12:55 am

Oh dear sweet Lord yes!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty12/04/12, 10:24 pm

It must feel so liberating to be free of that gnawing hunger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next