Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

debs

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty22/12/12, 03:29 am

I know Tara its so close. I'm really excited. You know what i can't wait to be rid of? The port! I hate the port, i always feel it when i lay down (even with the new layer of padding over it :) so i can't wait to have it gone. It'll just be me again, no device. Yay!
Strangely my reflux seems to have come back. It was gone for ages now its there with a vengence...just that spewy taste in the mouth and burning feeling in the chest. Not sure what brought it back. Hope everyone is travelling well over this busy Christmas period.
My poor mum broke her arm at work (she's a nurse) a week before chrissy and she's spewing. lol Poor thing, she needs help putting her hair up...not to mention lots of other things, but she can't believe it happened at christmas with so much to do. Ah well....these thing happen sometimes i guess. At least she has three daughters so she's being well looked after. (Well she has a son too but you know what blokes are like at the best of times.... lol actually it was brother who drank all my peanut butter protein powder! See what i mean :)
Hope everyone is doing ok...
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty22/12/12, 01:50 am

Debs ,,

OMG, OMG, OH MY GOSH --- I just realised that you get your band out on the 8th and the 8th is REEEEEEEALLLY sooon.

EEEEEEEEEEEEK yay !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty19/12/12, 10:13 am

Yes Debs I am sure the protein and veg. is the way to go. Oh and some oatbran.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty19/12/12, 06:33 am

Well done on the 2kg loss Delia, that's great news. I tend to be like you too...when i good i'm very good, when i'm bad i'm very bad. The protein thing seems to be the key doesn't it. And all these years the 'health professionals' telling us to eat grains and carbs....no wonder everyone kept getting fatter and fatter hey. Of course, sugar is the devil too. It seems to be protein and vege and you''ve got the best chance of success.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty18/12/12, 02:05 pm

Yes we all tend to beat ourselves up over this band and dieting thing.

On a positive I have lost 2k I knew a lot of the weight was fluid and I am
still holding a lot with this hot weather we are having.

I have the same problem I want to eat sweet stuff like there is no tomorrow
but I was like that before the band. If I am good I am very good if I am bad I
am very bad and will stuff it in my mouth as I am saying to myself you don't
need this, you know it is not good for you and a lot of other things but I
still will eat it.

Two days of protein and I am feeling much better but I have to keep doing
this untill Christmas Day then one day off and then back onto protein and
vegetables.

Can I do it I don't know? Yes with band or not it is still dieting to
control the weight for me.

Is it easy NO but I know I feel better for it.

Delia
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty17/12/12, 09:55 am

I thought I was the only one that felt like that Losingit. I tried to explain it my partner once and he acted like I just making excuses again. Maybe it is an excuse but I do believe its a valid excuse. I think there is a lot more riding on success when you have weightloss surgery as opposed to just dieting.....but as we all know know, even with weightloss surgery the dieting never stops. If the sleeve doesn't work for me, or I can't work with it then like zip I shall just have to resign myself to fact that I will be a fatty. I really feel for you Losingit I know the struggle you're having. I wish I could do something to make things better.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty17/12/12, 01:34 am

I hope you are satisfied now that you have made me cry! :-) Thank you for your kind words and sentiments.

Debs your words about food and how the thinking has changed since banding is me to a T. Yes, I always loved my food prior to banding, but it didn't occupy my thoughts day and night. The guilt associated with having had weight loss surgery and not being able to keep weight off runs so much deeper than it ever did with failed attempts before.

I am dreading going away for a few days at Christmas. I have almost nothing to wear (will force myself out this week to see what I can get) and hoping that I am not relegated to sleeping on the floor - I honestly think I would have so much trouble getting up that it would be an embarrassment. As it is I have trouble getting mobile in the morning . . . . . . . I think the feet and ankles are telling me they just can't handle the pressure. Once I move about a bit it's not so bad.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty17/12/12, 12:43 am

Very true Zip. I concur.

I did get on the scales last night and have put on 5kg. I am now 100kg again. Friggin christ. I reckon the band screws your metabolism up as i am eating the same foods as the people i live with yet their weights are the same (no gain no loss) and mine is up 5kg. I can't wait until christmas is over. I might try and do opti for a week or so before my band comes out...i might drop a few kegs and not be so embaressed when i see Dr P. I hate whinging about it too...i know its my fault what i put in my gob. I just never remember food having such control over my thoughts before being banded. Yes i was a fatty but i enjoyed my food, didn't think about it constantly, and just got on with other things. Now its all i think about and there is so much guilt and shame associated with food and eating. I really hope the sleeve changes my brain a bit too and the thoughts aren't all consuming anymore.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 10:29 pm

hear hear
2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 515430
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 10:03 pm

Dont be so hard on yourselves... its not easy.. it never will be. Even now with a sleeve I have to be mindful of what I put into my mouth.. its just a little easier than the band.

I read stories of people with bypass etc who still struggle so please please dont denegrate yourselves for this small slip backwards you are having.

I was there and I from what I have read if I mistreat my sleeve that I can very realistically be there again.

This is my last ditch effort, if I stretch my sleeve I will accept the inevidable fact that I am tubby at heart and I gave it my best shot.

I wont get resleeved as I think (for me) at this age enough is enough.

I live and eat well with no restriction of food types or lifestyle but when I was banded it was a constant battle.

Tara... you will be fine. I went through exactly the same head space you are in right now (I think its a healthy thing to do) and right up till the moment they blacked me out to get the sleeve I doubted my own ability to run the thing... but it is a great deal easier than you have had with the band so take heart and confidence in those bandits that are now sleeved when we all say "halle-frigging-luja!!"

With the grehlin gone or at least reduced greatly your tastes and brain change significantly...not completely, there will still be days when the old you creeps in but you will be different in the way you approach food. Your relationship with it changes.

I dont fear it or crave it ( well not as much do I crave it) and it has become the back seat passenger now. Which is far removed from what it ever was prior to the sleeve.

I struggled with my band, my mind was constantly focused on food. After the sleeve it took me ages to adjust to my new thinking of food... it was completely alien to me, but if you go with the flow and dont try to force yourself to eat because others think you should or your old brain cant accept that you dont want to eat then you will eventually come to peace with the concept and find a medium level.

Your biggest issue with be the people around you...all your enablers and those who cant understand that the thought of food is as enticing as a shit on toast nibble.

Dont over think it... it will be ok.

Oh and my sweet loosinit... I dont care if you have gained all your weight back or gained 50 more than you lost.... I love you the way you are and always will.. you are a constant support and source of strength and honesty to me and everyone else...so to me you are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 08:58 pm

I think we all feel the same. My wardrobe has shrunk so much. I am going to try a bit harder and see how I go. Nothing severe but I know I can do better.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 08:46 pm

I can join the club with eating sweet things.

Gee the bad habits have come back so fast.

Yes I have put on weight 7k in such a short time. (I do
know some will be fluid) The last month has been so bad with eating out and
sweets. I still have not learnt to stop with the sweet Christmas stuff. Old
habits die hard. With the extra fill out doing the Dukan diet is ok but if not
I can eat so much food so if I can’t pull this in by New Year I will be off for
a fill (I don’t want to do that as I think you are better off with less not more).

So today it is back to the Dukan plan. I am hoping that I
can get back on track without too much trouble. I hate this season but have
already change things so next year I will not have so many parties to go to. Oh
I should never had made the rum balls I love them too much. I could eat the
lot. I made sure they were all gone at our party last night.

As far as I know we don't have any lunches, dinners or
parties till Christmas Day and we are having that with Mum at the nursing home
so I am hoping they only serve the meal and not extras. Christmas night with
the remainder of the family but I hope all have had enough through the day and
not bring out all the Christmas fair again. I have a lot of hope in this last
paragraph.lol

At least I did not drink alcohol after my stomach
problems I don’t even want a drink.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and don’t do what I
have done it is to dishearten and my new cloths are tight.

Delia

Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 08:26 pm

I reckon the holy grail of weight loss (for all of you) would be for me to post a current picture of myself! That'd be enough incentive to get ANYONE to watch what they eat . . . . . . . except me of course. :-(
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 10:58 am

Good luck Tara, you can do it. The holy grail of weightloss would be something for our heads....wouldn't that be awesome.
Glad you got your dates.
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 10:00 am

Hiya Girls,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet, I have been lurking.

I freaked myself out a bit (A LOT) when I realised I am living on sh*t sugary foods and that unless something changes the Sleeve is doomed to fail too.
And that I can blame the Band all I like but I think I have been living like this for years.

So now I know I need the Dietician and Psychologist again and FAST.

I'll start with these ASAP but I reckon that will be in the New Year.

So I have kinda scared myself and have lost all my excitement for the Sleeve. ERGH - stoopid head !!

Ohhhhhh, and I finally got my dates ... yaaaaay lol.

Band out - 12.2.13
Sleeve in - 30.4 13

See what I mean - Holy crapola that is a REALLY short time to attempt to get it together.

Hooroo for now,
Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 04:57 am

Yes Zip your explantions do make a lot of sense. I remember before i had the band if i ate carbs i could eat a huge amount...ie i could eat a massive bowl of pasta, but if i ate a piece of meat..chicken breast or steak or something i generally ate a smaller meal and felt full sooner than i would eating the carbs. One thing i have learnt from the band, and even now being able to eat much better with the fluid out, is that i eat my protein first. I guess after doing it for two years its become a habit so i hope i remember to keep it up when i get sleeved. I can already feel those carb loving ways creeping back slowly though since the band is loose. Like, if we went out for tea i would usually order chicken and whatever it came with...chips and salad or vege. I would always eat the chicken first (if it went down) and then the salad (if it went down) and leave the chips because by that time i would be full. But the other night we went out for dinner and i ordered pasta. Its the first time i've ordered pasta in over two years and i was able to eat all of it. I know i'm going to have to be really mindful of what i eat as a sleever.

I actually hope i do get that sugar rush when i get sleeved....id like to only be able to have a small piece of something and have a strong physical reaction to it. Its a sure fire way to put the brakes on without having to rely on willpower alone (and lets face it, i don't have much of that.)
I must go and have a read of the menu's some of the sleevers are eating and check out the protein to carbs ratio's. I remember reading ceecee's posts and she always stressed she ate protein first and she lost a heap of weight. I'm sure things change over time as you get used to the sleeve and it sretches a bit and you push the boundaries....but at least you know there is a way back. Thanks again Zip for your advice.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty16/12/12, 12:52 am

Debs most of these people are eating slider foods... or light foods that dont have any weight in the stomach

If you read their food list it will be mostly carby light stuff...meat is heavy some meats heavier than others...pork is dense so it goes down in smaller portions

I can eat a fair bit of slider foods but the band has taught me well on what a slider food is so I stear away from it. With the sleeve more than with the band the protein first rule is most applicable and if you use it you will eat very small portions. Also the key is not to push your sleeve (though on occasions you will) as this can also stretch it so learn to eat till enough not till full. This means eating slower so you can recognise the enough feeling before its too late and you have swallowed 4 mouthfuls too much when you feel it ( been there done that)

People who do eating comps train their belly to hold more by eating more on a regular basis and there fore stretching it so learn to eat slower ( though I really dont have to chew the bejeebus out of stuff like the band).

My portions have also increased, where I could only eat half a skinny sausage, now I can eat a whole one.

It also depends day by day...some I can eat more others less.

I can eat a lot of salad around a cup if its on its own... imagine a food in a blender all blended and you will understand what I mean. A cup of blended salad takes up less room and is lighter than a cup of meat.

Bread also is light hence why a sleever can eat it. A sleeved stomach reacts the same way as a normal stomach so you can eat everything as it will process it where as a band stops it progressing down. The trick with a sleeve is to eat heavier foods.

I can eat carbs easily as they dont take up much room once mushed up in my gob.

I hope this makes sense but it is why an exbandit makes a good sleever.... we know our slider foods and we are extremely grateful for the normal full response

I dont know why some suffer from a dumping type thing but I always thought that for me it was because I have sugar issues that are now supposed to be resolved since weight loss... I think I am just sugar sensative and the small stomach that empties quicker just amplifies it.

I dont consider it a bad thing because with the band I could eat an entire block of chocolate but with the sleeve its maybe 4 squares maximum on a good day.... and if Im lucky a quarter of a slice of cheese cake, although the later makes me really sick and sweaty and dizzy.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty15/12/12, 10:55 am

That's right Tara, i forgot you were from here! Did you know that Zip? Tara grew up here. The rissole has moved from the river bank, its up near the golf course now and nowhere near as fun.
And yes she did deserve a slap. lol

Sounds like you had a good night Zip! I like pork but i don't like pork belly but you did well covering up that you couldn't get it in. It sounds like you had a good night. Gosh i'm still amazed you can only get that much in Zip...even after a year or so. I've been reading that some sleevers on the board are eating more than you after only a month or two...i wonder if they fall into the long stomach brigade? Maybe their bougie is bigger...or maybe...god i don't know. I turn myself inside out with maybe's. lol I suppose my worry is maybe i will be the big failure in sleeve land. But i guess everyone probably feels like that when they have it done. I guess we're so used to failing at diets than we just expect it. Hmmm....i will just have to have faith i think. If it doesn't work great it still has to be better than how i am now....that's what i keep telling myself anyway. lol

It's interesting too how you get spinny after eating too sweet things. They say sleevers don't get dumping but there seems to be a few people who do get that dumping feeling hey. Interesting!

Tara, any news on when your band might be coming out yet?
debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty15/12/12, 08:35 am

DEBS,

I think that a short, sharp SLAP on someone's forehead should be an acceptable form of communication.

AND oh my, you bought back some memories talking about the The Ree Rissole .. some were good. lol

Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty15/12/12, 12:11 am

I have the other prob I lost a kilo eating shit... pffft who would have thought this would be a problem 12 months ago.

Never mind, hubby will be home in 3 days and a couple of drinks a night on the back veranda with the twinkle lights on will fix the weightloss. Alcohol is the one thing that packs it on for me...sleeve or no sleeve.

I will have to just keep a tab on it as 3 kilos on I can handle but over that and I will be a tantrum chucking lunatic.

I went out to a dinner and show last night which provided a 4 course meal.

I got down a peice of garlic bread, a scallop.... a peice of pork belly about 5 cm long by 5 cm wide and about half a 1/4 cup of choc mousse and cream.

This was spread over the course of 2 hours and I had had more than enough in fact after the pork belly I was a bit over full and the mousse made me feel sick and spinny.

The pork belly looked massive to me. It was three stips laying on a pile of mashed tata and wilted greens. My friend was shocked I didnt eat it all but I made the excuse that I didnt like it... I did but didnt want to explain that I could possibly explode if I kept going.

Anywhooo she swallowed it and said "yes pork can be too rich for some" so I got away with it.

It is the first time I have eaten out with out my husband to cover my ass. My daughter was there but she couldnt sit next to me so the arrangement we made prior where she was supposed to fetch things off my plate was not an option.

Not to worry I covered it. Im glad I was fed well...no frothing or stuckage just full... or close to it because I try to stop when I have had enough...harder said than done sometimes

Deliah it sounds like you love your grandkids and that you enjoyed the visit.

After reading about your gym visit I am considering doing the same next year....but keep in mind I am very fickle and will prob change my mind.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty15/12/12, 12:08 am

Thanks Delia. SOunds like you had a lovely time with the grandkids...they love their nanna by the sounds of it :) Its good theý've got another good nanna too.
Yep some people are so fussy, just their nature i guess. My sisters are fussy with pressies...í don't like that'....í'd never wear that!'...etc... just who they are.
Oh, and guess what. The silly moo at the club who said i won 500 bucks told me the next day...''opps, i meant $50, that was a silly mistake wasn't it giggle giggle...' Grrrrrr....so now i feel quite deflated. If'd she'd got it right at the start i would have been like ýay 50 bucks!'' but when you're told 500 and then told 50 it kind of looses its shiny. I wanted to smack her one. lol
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty14/12/12, 07:27 pm

Good to hear Del. My sisters rocking has stopped as well. She willo definitely NOT be going on another cruise.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty14/12/12, 11:28 am

Debs I am so pleased everything is going well for you. A lucky surprise for
you Debs with the credit at the club. Not long before you surgery now.

My daughter is the same I took presents up for her and some came back. At
least she gives them back now so I can pass them on. I don't know how they get
so fussy. The kids loved all I got then and with each one they squealed and laughed
and said at the end you are the best Nanny you gave us lots of presents and you
bake with us. lol Oh I got lots of cuddles and kisses. When I am gone it is the
other Nanny but they are so lucky to have her so close to them and my daughter
so lucky to have such a nice person as a mother in law.

My rocking has stopped I think. The car rolled back the other day and I feel
it bad and thought oh no but I think it was just the sensation of the back
roll. So all good but gosh am I sore from the gym. I thought it would be all ok
by now but the PT says no and she is like it every day.lol I am still enjoying
it but find the classes hard for this old duck. I will persist and the PT says
in 6 weeks I won't know myself and in 6 months I will be doing it all. WE will
see.

I have been so bad over this lead up to Christmas and put on 4k so after
Sunday our party here nothing that I know on till Christmas day. So Mr Dukan I
will be paying you a visit.

Keep smiling all and have fun.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty13/12/12, 12:09 am

I know, i would have loved cash. I coud put it to my op and buy my family that damn ham that i just cannot win. lol Yeah Trish sailo's is good, we go there too sometimes but it always get so packed at Chrissy. You'll have to teach me your system ;) My youngest sister goes to sailos all the time...you've probably seen her there even though you wouldn't know her...such a small world huh.

Oh, last year i won a massive ham. A full leg and it was huge. You should have seen the people staring daggers at me....so i made my dad carry it out. Hahahahaha...

I need to order some more of that isoflex too as my brother drank my whole container! Think i'll be making him buy it...not today though as its his birthday. I'll break the news tomorrow. I'm so eeeeeevil...ba hah hahaha....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty12/12/12, 08:33 pm

Well done Debs. It is a pity it is not cash or that could go towards the gas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next