noahdabear
Delia
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
catton54

catton54

WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty23/02/11, 06:26 am

Breaky today - 1 cup soup (just cannot keep the shakes down in the morning, like I wanted to do)
Morning tea - 3 tsps of cooked Sago and 1/2 cuppa
Lunch - tried 2 cruskits, tuna nd cottage cheese with lettuce, only ate 1, hurt to much going down.....1/3 cuppa
Snack - soup and 3 tps sago
Dinner will be soup and sago.........(I think) hubby can have the fried rice that is left over from the last 2 nights..........

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty22/02/11, 10:28 pm

Hey Cate,

I feel for you, we've all done it though... its horrible bringing up your food especially when your half finished.

I too was in that boat no so long ago. I found that as a guideline we eat a cup of food, sometimes after only half of it i'm done.
Maybe if the first half went down ok the second half was just a little too much? Rice is quite dense perhaps your body rejected it because it had enough.
Just food for thought.... I found this to be the case sometimes depending on what i'm eating, everyone is different of course.

I hope today is a much more pleasant day for you.
Out of curiosity what is sago?

Cheers,
Donna :)
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty22/02/11, 10:22 pm

After a bad day yesterday, just hope I get to all together today....only having mushie type foods as I am sore again.....

Breaky today - 1 cup soup (just cannot keep the shakes down in the morning, like I wanted to do)
Morning tea - 3 tsps of cooked Sago and 1/2 cuppa

Will add to this as the day goes on, I feel this keeps me focused.......had fried rice last night with lots of vegies, the first 1/2 cup was ok, but the second 1/2 resulting in terrible vomiting and renching so painful.....LEAVE THE RICE ALONG CATE!!!!!

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty22/02/11, 03:40 pm

debs wrote:
Delia is sugar free cordial a good substitute for diet soft drink? I've been drinking diet soft drink but i've heard so many bad things about it. Its hard to drink low cal (except for water) and i get sick of water all the time. Your thoughts?

debs

Debs, I got told today that fizzy drinks are is a no go for the first 9 months because of their potential to stretch the new stomach pouch. It's not really relevant to you because you were done over a year ago, but it's worth pointing out I think.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty21/02/11, 01:13 pm

B. 5 Prawns on 1 slice white bread bit of butter
S. Cake 2 slices 2 small macaroons cucumber and mettwurst labne and cracker
L. Fruit Salad and yoghurt 2/3cup
D. Lettuce roll and 3 tofu balls.10 cherries
3 cups of tea and smilk
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty21/02/11, 10:03 am

I totally agree Zippy....too little food and you're in starvation mode, and your metabolism lets you know.

Thanks girls for the info and link on the diet soft drinks bit...i'm off to watch it.
debs
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty21/02/11, 04:21 am

great word zippy.

I often read this thread and never comment as I still eat twice as much as everyone else. But then again my food intake 6 months ago would have been triple that and a flake, lol. I don't know how I can eat that much with the band though. I've 10ml in a 14 ml band. But I guess if I can steadily lose the weight then its ok. I will opt for an adjustment in 2 weeks when back from holidays. and one days different to the next.
B - 1 & 1/4 piece white toast, butter, vegimite
S - 3 pieces of museli slice
L - 1 piece white toast, 2 eggs, slice of bacon

& 3 coffees
Back to top Go down
Renae

Renae

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 10:40 pm

Hey Oompa. I like the attitude of 'at least I'm not putting on'. I very quickly forget where I would be headed if I didn't have the band.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 10:30 pm

schpank you doobz!
Back to top Go down
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 10:11 pm

Zippy.... awesome words of advice, it couldnt be more true and when you can eat without fear of rejection by your body it does wonders :)

zippy wrote:
oompa sometimes we find when our band is ran too tight we select food choices that dont enhance weightloss... we think that because we are eating them in such small amounts that its ok ...and also we need to get something down. However when we eat so little consistantly our body changes its metabolic rate to live quite adequately on tiny amounts so those small amounts of sugary or fatty things are equal in volume to eating large amounts.

It is a fickle thing and not with out its disaster moments and really we have to find the level that works well for us.

I ran a band for a while much like yours but now have had to have all my fill bar a little smidge taken out to give my eosophigus a rest. The tight band put pressure on it and weakened it leaving me with chronic reflux.

All fixeable, however my advice to anyone is back off your band if you are so tight it is a mamoth effort to eat... much better you find that spot where a little restraint plus the help of the band than run a tight band for a while then hit problems and have a big back slide.
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 09:51 pm

Monday.......hate mondays.....now I have got that off my chest....... WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 579334
Lets see how well I do today.......

• Protein shake for breakky.........
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 07:49 pm

oompa sometimes we find when our band is ran too tight we select food choices that dont enhance weightloss... we think that because we are eating them in such small amounts that its ok ...and also we need to get something down. However when we eat so little consistantly our body changes its metabolic rate to live quite adequately on tiny amounts so those small amounts of sugary or fatty things are equal in volume to eating large amounts.

It is a fickle thing and not with out its disaster moments and really we have to find the level that works well for us.

I ran a band for a while much like yours but now have had to have all my fill bar a little smidge taken out to give my eosophigus a rest. The tight band put pressure on it and weakened it leaving me with chronic reflux.

All fixeable, however my advice to anyone is back off your band if you are so tight it is a mamoth effort to eat... much better you find that spot where a little restraint plus the help of the band than run a tight band for a while then hit problems and have a big back slide.
Back to top Go down
oompa loompa

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 12:41 pm

Having read this thread I am surprised how much people can get down in one meal.

I can not eat anything before 11.30am and then it can take me an hour to eat half a cup of Birscher Muesli with Yoghurt. Then at 2.30 I can barely get down anything but try and eat a small can of the chicken in a can with mayo and mustard or a small Homel pasta I get from the supermarket which are the perfect size but that takes me another hour. At dinner which is better later than earlier, sometimes and i mean sometimes I can manage to eat half to a cup of what ever is going as long as it not anything green. I so miss my salads and vegetables. I lived on them before my banded days. Forget bread of any kind.

I just don't get it .. how can I eat a small steak but watermelon doesn't go down... its so frustrating

Anyway .. All of that and I am not loosing the weight.... hmm I wonder if it is cos of all the cheese and sweet "choices" I make... the things that manage to go down nice and easy ... I am pathetic.
WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 11341
I would be nice to be loosing weight but i am happy that I am not putting any on... I know what I would eat if it were not for the band and it is a lot...
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 11:23 am

B 1 apricot, 2 oysters 1 prawn 3 grapes 1/2 mango smoothie
L 1 prawn sandwich on while bread butter mayo( I have not had white bread for so long. It was nice but not that nice) I had no trouble getting it down so I must need more fill.
S.10 cherries 5 grapes
D.fish cakes with left over stir veg. and sweet potato and sauce
S. 1 white bread with promite and butter
diet ginger ale with visitors
coola diet cordial
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 03:54 am

Very interesting segment on Diet drinks.....I think I will be more mindful when I consume diet drinks in future.....but do like diet lemon, lime and bitters cordial with water and a touch of carrot and ginger juice with ice.....

Cate
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 02:06 am

debs you can go to current affair site and watch that episode..its called diet fizz flop

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8212750
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty20/02/11, 01:10 am

Thanks guys for your input. I might give it a go. I haven't had cordial in years! There was thing about diet doft drinks on A Current Affair the other night but i missed it. Did anyone see it?
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 09:07 pm

I have diet cordial all the time and yes it is Coola that's the best and apple and raspberry I make 3 up in the 750ml pump bottle each morning and have throughout the day it's like a little treat :)
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 07:35 pm

Gotta agree with Tanya on the caffeine. Only have what you must to keep the headaches away and try to drink caffeine free the rest of the time to help with your weightloss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 01:10 pm

Debs,
Bear in mind there are things in diet soft drink that are not in diet cordial like oodles of caffeine which mucks around with other hormones (eg adrenaline and insulin) and does not help weight loss.

Still it's a truck load better than alcohol or soft drink.
So maybe water and diet cordial in general with decaf diet soft drink as an alternative?

...just my bit :)
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 11:48 am

debs I don't think it would be any better than diet soft drink but my dietitain told me to have it. I have not had cordial for years but I found that the new concentrated ones are quite nice. I like the green one (can't think of the name of it). Maybe Cooola
Haymar
Yes I am starting to lose. I have lost 3kg ( I only have 2 kg to go and my ticker is right) but people are saying I look like I have lost more weight. Maybe the exercise is firming me up a tad.
Delia

Last edited by Delia on 20/02/11, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 08:56 am

Delia is sugar free cordial a good substitute for diet soft drink? I've been drinking diet soft drink but i've heard so many bad things about it. Its hard to drink low cal (except for water) and i get sick of water all the time. Your thoughts?

debs
Back to top Go down
haymar

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 08:11 am

Hi Delia Thanks for the info re the lettuce roll.
You are doing well with food amounts and exercise
is you weight dropping?
Margot
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 04:37 am

B. Fruit salad and yoghurt 1 cup
S. Cracker with low fat cheese slice
L. Salad and Tin of chicken (I just found them in the supermarket this week)
S. Half a mango smoothie (put the rest back for tomorrow)
D. Prawn stir fry.
Diet cordial
3 tea with smilk

Last edited by Delia on 19/02/11, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty19/02/11, 04:33 am

Haymar

A lot of my lunches are an Iceberg lettuce leaf with chopped up tomato, cucumber, some type of meat, sprinkle of nuts or pumpkin seeds / sultanas and mayo.
All rolled together.
I wrap the roll in glad wrap.
You could do this to take to work as it keeps its shape in the gladwrap and there is no soggy bread as in a sandwich.
Gives me the crunch I crave and is yummy.
You can put just about anything in a big lettuce leaf and roll.

Renae yes it was a nice dinner. Tonight it is prawn stir fry and tomorrow fish cakes with chille sauce made with the left over fish.

At last I am starting to plan meals in advance and cooking earler in the day 6.00pm. I have told my husband I am not cooking at 10.00pm again so he will have to have his meal in the microwave.
That was a big step for me to say that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next