noahdabear
Delia
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

debs

WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty13/06/11, 11:54 am

B: scrambled egg and a bite of toast. 2 coffees

L: homemade soup

D: about six homemade crumbed chicken strips

snack: slice of homemade apple pie and coffee
Back to top Go down
Blupantz

Blupantz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 05:21 am

Jo wrote:

I bought 1 of each on Tuesday, I think from memory I payed 1/2 that price though, they are yummy. I wish I could stop at one though :-(

I've also bought the little tubs of Skinny Cow icecream...yummo and I do stick to one of them hahaha

Well I must have missed the special dammit! I would have bought them at half price... guess it's best I didn't though! lol
Back to top Go down
http://downsyzeme.wordpress.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 03:54 am

i just put it on in the morning and check it in the afternoon... I usually do this recipe if I am gonna be out all day and tired when I get home.

You can put chunky chopped up potatoes and carrots to the side in there as well if you want and serve them chunky

Just put it on and check it after a few hours it should be alright though.

As a rule of thumb if your in a hurry any meat with a can of soup and chopped veg works out in the slow cooker.

Chicken drummies with cream of chicken soup and chopped veg is good.. just go with your gut
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 03:44 am

Did see those Ice Cream Cookies when I went Shopping, waiting to they are on Special .

Thanks Zippy for the Lamb Shanks Receipe - how long do you cook it for? Just brought a Slow Cooker, so want to make the most of it.

Westy

WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY 345554
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 03:06 am

oh yes those ice cream cookies are to die for... much like a maxibon...however even with the band more than one slips down for me so they are a dangerouse item as I can talk myself easily into having a couple.... I do love the little tubs to with the choc or caramel... for some reason I am able to just have one though so they are a safety treat for me.

I know weight watchers does choc eclaires etc...but they too slip down way way toooooo easily so again I avoid them... I do love those ice cream biscuits though...yum

Last edited by zippy on 12/06/11, 03:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 03:01 am

I use this one all the time

1 large jar of dolmio tomato pasta sauce of your choice
1 small jar of rosella chutney
1 teaspoon of curry

mix it all together and dump over shanks and cook in slow cooker as desired... serve on top of mashed spuds
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 02:43 am

Hiya All

I am looking for a RECEIPE for Lamb Shanks cooked in a Slow Cooker, can anybody help please.

Westy
Back to top Go down
kjnm81

kjnm81

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 02:42 am

I'm with Zippy on the Nestle Low fat Choc Mousse, it's to die for and it tastes exactly the same as the other types..I bought some yesterday so I have something to snack on if Im craving chocolate... Im a fan of the skinny cow ice-creams too... I remember Oprah raving about them years ago..
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty12/06/11, 01:55 am

Blupantz wrote:
At Woolies yesterday I saw that Skinny Cow are now making an ice cream and biscuit treat... Skinny Cow are so low in calories because they are not just low fat - but low sugar.

Still, I didn't buy any! At nearly $8 a box of four, a bit steep in price - plus if I bought them now while I have no restriction - well, I'm sure you all know the story!

I bought 1 of each on Tuesday, I think from memory I payed 1/2 that price though, they are yummy. I wish I could stop at one though :-(

I've also bought the little tubs of Skinny Cow icecream...yummo and I do stick to one of them hahaha
Back to top Go down
Blupantz

Blupantz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty11/06/11, 10:10 pm

At Woolies yesterday I saw that Skinny Cow are now making an ice cream and biscuit treat... Skinny Cow are so low in calories because they are not just low fat - but low sugar.

WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Img-co10

Still, I didn't buy any! At nearly $8 a box of four, a bit steep in price - plus if I bought them now while I have no restriction - well, I'm sure you all know the story!
Back to top Go down
http://downsyzeme.wordpress.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty11/06/11, 01:23 pm

westy try having a jarra 99% fat free hot chocolate drink... it always helps me when I am crawling the walls for something sweet and chocolatey...also in the supermarket nestle does a weight watchers choc mousse that is quite nice... failing that make yourself a baked egg custard sweetend with splenda...

1 cup skim or full cream milk
1 egg
vanilla
sweetener

wisk them all together and put in a little bowl...stand in a dish of water and pop it into a moderate oven and cook till a knife comes out clean when inserted.

If you dont like sweetener then just pop a tablespoon of raisins (great for helping with constipation) or mixed fruit sprinkled into the mix then bake as stated.

Also there is a no sugar added, 99 percent fat free icecream that is really creamy and super low in calories I think its streets but could be peters both coles and woolworths sell them

Oh and skinny cow ice creams
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty11/06/11, 11:07 am

Hiya Westy,

Here's a snack a friend put me onto.

Get some WW sour cream and some WW Strawberry spread.
Mix them together and dollop over fresh strawberries.
I think I added a small amount of Splenda too.

It was sooo yummy.
But more a Summer dessert. Will see what else I can think of.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty11/06/11, 09:33 am

Hey Everyone

I have the muchies and fancy something really sweet, can anybody recommend something I could eat after dinner?

Westy
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty11/06/11, 03:56 am

yesterday's eating....

Breakfast: coffee and medications...mmmmm....not.

Lunch: orange juice (had the flu and not feeling hungry at all)

Dinner: starving all of a sudden...beef casserole, mashed potatos, peas...a dinner plate size portion! No pain either.

snack: two jam tartlets and coffee.

What a bizare day. lol
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty04/06/11, 12:52 pm

No probs, will pm you Jo.
debs
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty04/06/11, 01:50 am

Hi Deb,

thanks that would be great, please let me know what the postage will be. Im in WA.

:-)
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty03/06/11, 10:03 am

A bad food choice day....but sometimes i want a bad day! lol

Breakfast: coffee

Lunch: half a chicken burger

Snack: apple turnover and some dorrito chips.

Dinner: battered fish and avocado
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty03/06/11, 10:00 am

Jo i have left over optifast if you need them...think i've got some vanilla ones, and choc maybe? No charge...just let me know.

debs
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty02/06/11, 12:08 pm

great idea Zippy...will start one in the morning
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty02/06/11, 08:59 am

hey Jo why dont you start a diet blog and post it everyday... I know a heap of bandits that has helped.
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty02/06/11, 07:52 am

thanks Sharon & Zippy.

I will go back and see the surgeon and see what he has to say and I think a counsellor also.

Strangely enough I do have optifast for breakfast when I have it in the cupboard. I love the taste of the vanilla one and I love water. I walk around with a water bottle all the time. (poor bladder doesnt like it though) hahahaa

Right, I'm going to sit down and right out my eating plan for the next 2 weeks starting with 1 week of the optifast diet I did when I was preparing for my band.

I WILL get back on track

thanks again
WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY 51743
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty02/06/11, 12:37 am

Oh and I forgot...water water water...sometimes we get cravings and feel hungry when we are dehydrated which is easy to do with the band.. we need clear water and soda and coffee tea is not a substitute.

You have to have water flushing through you to flush out the fat and burn it...try filling a two litre bottle every night and taking it around with you during the day and sipping on it... you will soon get used to it
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty02/06/11, 12:34 am

sounds like you have hit the wall a bit Jo... the protein advice was really good... your cravings are tapping you on the shoulder so if you could do a 3 day hard core detox on carbs it would most likely get your head back in the game.... you could try shakes for 3 days..

The be good shakes from guardian chemists have a good low carb to protein ratio and taste good...stick to the fructose free ones. Doing shakes for 3 days will reshrink your pouch and make it all sparkly new again... I find this works for me everytime I have a stage like your in.... it can happen to me even with tight restriction so you are not alone.

Chin up lovie this will pass
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty01/06/11, 09:23 pm

Jo go and see your surgeon. He/she would have seen lots of people like you. Maybe you need another fill. Don't get disheartened. I know the feelings you are going through.

Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty01/06/11, 12:35 pm

Thanks Deb..

I try & eat as much protein as I can..

I'm really good at work...its when I walk in the door here...it all goes out the window....

we had a few hiccups since July last yr.....my daughters house burned down and they lost everyhting...i'm wondering if that was the start of it all....alot more other things have been happening also that i've had no control over.....I'm trying to stay positive

I know it will get better I just dont want to do much more damage to myself :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY   WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT BANDITS EAT IN A DAY
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next