Losingit
Linda
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Losingit

Losingit

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty24/02/11, 11:18 pm

What can I say . . . . . . . . Zippy you have a very unique mind! I'm not sure any of those things would ever enter my brain, but then it's been in hibernation for so long that nothing much enters it at the best of times. :-)
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty24/02/11, 11:04 pm

Did anyone watch that show the other night about plastic surgery in australia and the gorgeous get away type schpeal.

Rose, hang in there good days come and go and life is to short to wear a hair shirt over it. All one can do is endevour to do better at the next meal.... well this is the conclusion I have come to after 3 years.

You know I realised that if I got a death sentence my first request would be to remove the band so I could live fullly.

The other thing that wandered through my rather scatty brain after watching an apocolyptic/ end of civilisation as we know it/ survivalist movie the other day... is that, with the band I would be screwed if I woke up one morning and the rest of the world had karked due to a pandemic flu.

The other six survivers would be able to forage for nuts seeds and berries and go back to the old ways and kill a squirrel and eat it while I would be standing there saying ... is there any gravy I can have with that.

Plus who would take the bleeding fill in and out of my band.... scary aint it
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty24/02/11, 10:58 pm

Tanya thanks for the explanation about the pouch it makes perfect sence...

Linda still not hungry but eat for the sake that it looks good or its foodoclock

Loosinit. I was lucky I went through the hot flush thing a few years ago just after I turned 40 and it only lasted 6 months and was over. I am all done and dusted thank goodness... it is a disturbing sensation and not at all pleasant. Cant say any of the other symptyoms have been earth shattering ...apparently I am among the lucky few that get it early it goes quickly and symptoms are mild.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty23/02/11, 03:56 am

Yes, I think she went to America to practice Buddhism / perfect her self worship.
... if only Sam Newman would accompany her ;).
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty23/02/11, 03:54 am

Nope I hear ya on the Kate Fisher one, can't stand her.
Actually she kinda faded off into oblivion the last couple of years.
Yay maybe our wishes were answered !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty23/02/11, 03:52 am

Hey Linda, I don't have a telly, would you believe? It's funny now because whenever I go somewhere with a t.v I am transfixed. It's twisted how we develop pet peeves about tv people - my Ma get's irritated by Oprah, I don't see what she see's, but then if anyone even mentions the names Kate Fischer my hair bristles. Go figure ;)

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty23/02/11, 03:41 am

Does anyone watch my kitchen rules? I could punch that Hollys lights out. What a pretentious little bitch. And the head bands? What is with that? She says she is 26 going on 12 I reckon. I hope they stuff up big time tonight. Can't stand both sets of Melb people either.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty23/02/11, 03:38 am

Ha ha that is why we moved to Victoria from WA. It lasts for years n years n years n years

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 579334
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty23/02/11, 02:56 am

I am having so much fun. I can't believe how fabulous it is to have reached middle age and be a woman. Read between the lines. It seems I need to have an ice-pack at the ready any moment of the day/night. If I follow my mother's lead, I can continue to have this much fun for at least a couple years. Wow - that's really something to cherish.

Hope everyone else is maintaining a reasonable thermostat.

Zippy - how are you going? Settling in to a new routine that suits the heartburn and reflux situation better? I hope so.

I'm not going to begin to talk about food or exercise.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty22/02/11, 10:28 pm

Hey that is very cool Tanya thanks for that.

I think you could cook the quinoa in the microwave just the same as you would rice.

Trish are ya hungry yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty22/02/11, 02:35 pm

zippy wrote:
no reflux for me last night ... yay... first night in a very very long time.

here is a wierd one ladies... I am not hungry...yesterday prior to having fill removed i was starving all the time...today and last night I couldnt give a rats backside if I ate or not.

I was wondering if it was because he withdrew every drop and only put back in minus the bit he was taking out... I was thinking perhaps the belly repleated its self in a better position ...oooor its just bleeding mind over matter..

Whatcha think?...Linda?... Loosinit? your usually good at this stuff. What does anyone else think, I mean its weird, I have been eating the back out of the pantry and looking for more for months now...hence the weight gain.... today the thought of it makes me think ..yeah nah.. 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 286947

Ok so this is something the dietitian explained today. I thought of you and wondered if this is what was happening 'behind the scenes'.

Picture a mushroom, like a muffin top going over the band because the top pouch has stretched / distended. Because of it, your stomach gets 'top heavy' and compresses a bit, right on to the Vegas nerve, making you hungry and throwing up! The way to fix it is to loosen the band and let the 'overhang' slip into place so that the stomach is neatly divided again and not pressing against the nerve. Cool hey?.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty22/02/11, 02:17 pm

a so so day I dont seam to be able to be good all day. Its a case of just how badly I do.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty22/02/11, 12:45 am

my rice cooker is a microwave type will that work?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty20/02/11, 09:35 pm

Yes all is well here. Had a bridge tournament at Geelong over the weekend.

Regarding the pleating yes it has been known to happen when the fluid is removed and then some put back.

My daughter is gluten intolerant and has been eating quinoa. It is pronounced keen waa. She loves it. I haven't tried it yet but must try it. She cooks it like rice in the rice cooker.

Are you still not hungry? Maybe the band was resting on the vegus nerve the wrong way and making you hungry instead of not hungry???????

Very strange.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty20/02/11, 07:55 pm

I shall indeed have a look see for it. Sounds like it could help. I had a look at some recipes for it. I will try the breakfast suggestions as I am not one who has ( by habit) ever eaten rice so would find it difficult to eat it at dinner on my plate.

So how is everyone... Linda pinda you are very quiet my lovey is all ok at your end

Loosinit... have you Zumbaed yet Treadmill
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty20/02/11, 07:00 am

Zippy I have found it at the local health food place where you can scoop it out of the bins, At IGA and coles in the glutenfree\ organic section and also a different brand in the fancy products section.. The iga coles came in iether a box or packet. As a seed' just need to rince it off 1 cup into 11\2 to 2 cup water to boil then simmer for 10 15 min as per packet. there are some recipies on the net.If going to have hot I have cooked with with veggies carrot cellerary sweetpotato ect. or use as I would with rice. if having it cold put carrot avacardo fetta cheese ect as either the base of the salad or just sprinkled through if having lettus ect. They can come in a o shaped cereal and a puffed form (havnt tried them yet. Not as cheep as rice but a cup of raw will last me the day once cooked. rather like it now, sort of a nutty flavour but dose not overpower other foods.
more like rice then porridge.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty19/02/11, 11:55 pm

where do you get it rose... how do you eat it ... is it like a porridge type thing...
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty19/02/11, 08:37 am

Zippy I have just discovered quinoa. Its a sead that you simmer up like rice and ends up bigger then caviar but smaller then cooked rice. Its higher in protien and lower in carbs. I have found that I am not hungrey or looking \ craving for food and not getting the carb sugar high and lows that I was. Maybe being a plant protin it will digest easier for you. I havent had any reflux or heart burn with it iether and I have noticed the wieght is starting to move down after a long period of creaping up
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty19/02/11, 04:46 am

Zippy, congrats, you have done so well to get to 76....I can only image how difficult it is for you currently as you have done so well, thoughts your way hoping you will get back on track xoxoxxo

It is with interest I read all your threads and postings, and the one common thing I am seeing is - how different we all are, and we all react differently to our situation, though we have the same thing in common - banding....I had a terrible day once again yesterday, and last night after throwing up for over an hour and just harking in the end, finally stated that I cannot do this anymore, it was awful......

But today the wheels have turned again, even had breakky ( 1/2 sausage and egg), no problems, lunch no issue ( 1/2 sausage, 1/2 cup soup and 1 small yoghurt) - no vomiting, no pain......I just cannot understand it.......I have done nothing different and the food type is the same.....but I do notice, that having a hot drink before meals works wonders ( sometimes), which I did before breakky this morning..... the first sip or so I can feel ( and hear) the band making gurgling sounds, but after that it seemed ok.....should rename the procedure - 'fickle lapbanding'....lol
Anyhow, hope you are are having a good weekend.....been down the beach with the grandkids, came home to feed the animals and will go back down this arvo.....it was lovely to see the full moon over the ocean last night.....I did not take my laptop, just wanted to have time with g'kids and hubby, and watch the moon......

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty19/02/11, 03:21 am

Glad the reflux has gone last night, Zippy. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter why you're not hungry at the moment, but the re-pleating sounds feasible!. Hope it lasts!!! Fingers crossed for you!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty19/02/11, 03:03 am

no reflux for me last night ... yay... first night in a very very long time.

here is a wierd one ladies... I am not hungry...yesterday prior to having fill removed i was starving all the time...today and last night I couldnt give a rats backside if I ate or not.

I was wondering if it was because he withdrew every drop and only put back in minus the bit he was taking out... I was thinking perhaps the belly repleated its self in a better position ...oooor its just bleeding mind over matter..

Whatcha think?...Linda?... Loosinit? your usually good at this stuff. What does anyone else think, I mean its weird, I have been eating the back out of the pantry and looking for more for months now...hence the weight gain.... today the thought of it makes me think ..yeah nah.. I dunno
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty18/02/11, 06:33 am

I am currently sitting at 76 whiiiiich is not an unreasonable amount to get under control considering what it could be. I need to be able to intake more solid protein to lose the weight . I can only do that if I ditch the reflux which seems to be made worse by protein and eating the carbs makes it a little less. I think... but am not sure...but think the protein is an issue at the moment because it empties slower from the pouch and therefor puts strain on the mouth of the eosophigus... hence why my protein principal on a tight band sent me into a spiral.

I need to learn to run a looser band but work my protein to get this all into whack.... sadly I was trying to work the tighter band angle and it backfired on me... what works for one is not what works for another it seems

Eating the carbs like porridge and cracker bread although low fat and perfectly acceptable on most low fat diets dont work for me and I make too much insulin which in turn makes fat.

Even my doctor said they wont work and I need to base my diet on protein first to get the weight back down.

Hopefully in a few days when this settles and swelling has subsided I can do just that.

I just need to get back to basics it seems ...sort of start from scratch...but then all is well in principle and I shall see what happens in practice
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty18/02/11, 04:28 am

Thank you Zippy for sharing, and it was interesting re the sleeve, I also know people that have had this procedure and have gain all their weight back after a few years......I hope you have success now with the band, and it all comes together for you....just looking at you ticker, you have lost lots, have you gain much since the slid back up????
It is a hard journey, no easy path to take.....I am personally sick of the vomitting, and not being able to have breakky...BUUUUUT...I am losing weight and I am glad I had it done......so I will put up with the side 'issues' just to lose those kgs......

Cate xoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty18/02/11, 04:14 am

Ok saw the doc and he gave me a ton of time and was quite chatty. He wouldnt remove all the fill and took most of it out leaving a drop...dont know why but he likes to leave the band primed where he can.

I discussed the sleeve with him and he crinkled up his nose and said he really is not an advocate and though he does them for patients who dont want it anyother way he really doesnt like to remove perfectly good body parts for no good reason.

He said he has just done a week long thing in L.A where he attended lectures etc on bariatric surgery and he still is not convinced that the sleeve is a good thing where a band has worked well for a patient... and that rebanding is first course of action. He stated that after 2 years of sleeving is showibg nearly %100 of patients showing signs of regained normal hunger and eating patterns... this is problematic in the fact that there is no where to go but by pass or banding a sleeved stomach which is where I am at now,so whats the point.

In his opinion I have a stretched eosophigus due to a small pouch and a firm band for its size ... if slacking it off and giving it a holiday doesnt work he has suggested moving the band down a tidge to create a larger pouch.

I am hoping the holiday with the revised eating pattern he is suggesting will work. As he said a tight band works for a while but humans are not meant to have a plugged gut.. fair enough.

what can you do girls... I have been, I suppose, 'successful' as he said so I suppose its worth working with. I can only take the advise of he that weilds the scalpal... he has the education I suppose.

I can feel the pressure off my tummy... the food doesnt feel like its just sitting there so for now thats good.

I am supposed to eat firmer food and make it protein to fend off hunger due to the looser band buuuuuuuuuuut I have to chew twice as much as before and stick to a strict 1/2 cup in the hour rule...no liquids at all with food. So back to basics ( I do admit to having been slack with them in the last 6 months)

we shall see what happens I guess. I dont know how much aqua I still have in the silicone feind but he was quite adamant about not emptying it completely
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty18/02/11, 03:53 am

Will be interested to hear what the doc has said, Zippy. Hopefully you get more time with him than I do when I go to mine. Then again, I never see mine - just an offsider.

I think they owe it to us to have a frank discussion every so often. I wonder do they ever admit how many failures they have had. Oh no, that's right - they don't have failures -it's the patients that are failures. True enough in some respects . . . . we have an obligation to uphold our end of the deal, but I also think they have an obligation to tell us that it is not right, nor does it work the way it should, for everybody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next