Losingit
Linda
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty09/01/11, 10:19 pm

Have an awesome time zips. I can't imagine you are excited about the plane ride. You must be going business class! Then you could be excited. I love that front end of the plane.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty09/01/11, 09:03 pm

I get a letter from my dr every time we go overseas have never been checked but the day I don't do it I betcha I am checked better to be safe and sorry :) have fun on your holiday
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty09/01/11, 02:50 pm

Me too even the over the counter tablets that dont normaly require a script. In my younger days while back packing a girl was detained in Greece( I think it was) for several days for having panadine, they had a thing about codine at that time. So I have the doc write a letter even just to say takes sudifed for hayfever ect. Have a fab holiday. Mind you can keep the flights Its a long way,( ok I would give first class a go lol Not that would ever happen)
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty09/01/11, 01:13 pm

Zippy have a fantastic time.
Re the medication
I always get the Dr to write and sign the medication I am on and take that and a copy with me.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty09/01/11, 10:07 am

ooo the cupcakes were particularrrrrly yummy I must say... sparkly too which was a bit interesting being able to eat glitter... wonder if it passes out the other end glittery... very pretty it would be.

I am going to put the remaining 6 in the freezer me thinks... I was going to be tough and throw them out but cant bring myself too.

Is it normal to be more excited about the actual plane trip than the holiday... I am sure all the rum and coke I had last night has fried my brain but I am quite tickled to be going to the airport and getting on the plane.

I have the rest of my mob heading off to the doctors tomorrow for cover letters for the medications they are taking over... America is particularly tight on such things... and my people beleive one can never leave anything to late to the last minute....me I had mine all done weeks ago.

My husband is the worste offender ... the man will never get an ulcer, I dont know how he is so layed back in the job he does but nothing frazzles him... no thats not true... I do.... I am particularly talented in that area.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty08/01/11, 09:38 pm

That sounds like a very successful party! The cupcake tower sounds yum. If we don't get to talk have a bloody good holiday. Keep us posted if you can.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty08/01/11, 05:17 pm

well its 10 past 4 in the morning and I have just put a load of towels into the wash... there was a bloody great pile of them with all the kids in the pool the last of the guest left an hour ago and with a few hands that were willing to lend a hand before they toddled to bed I got all the empty bottles picked up... the stuff in the dish washer and all the disposable plates etc in the bin.... so here I sit with it all finally over.

The cup cake tower was a hit and I have to say the edible glitter and sparkly marzipan hearts on the tops of the lil cup cakes were a hit especially with the kids. I piped jam into the middle of the cakes before piping on mountains of vanilla cream and they tasted particularly good.

all in all there wasnt very much food left over... a little lasagne... some potato salad a a little of the tossed salad, but every thing else was scoffed.

Of course I ate and drank far to much and feel cruddy for it now... all bloated and guilty... but ooooooooooh the carbs were soooooo worth it.

Tomorrow... or should I say today is the first of a very squeaky clean slate... it has to be, I feel horrid and if I dont take myself in hand I know where this train is gonna end up and it aint pretty
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty07/01/11, 07:48 pm

Ditto what Linda said, Zippy: hope the party is a hit and you can enjoy it without having to run around the whole time!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty07/01/11, 08:52 am

Hope your party goes great zippy.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty06/01/11, 03:04 am

Zippy I am the same with my house because in the past I have failed at thiings especially losing weight but my house has always been perfect because it was the only thing I was good at. I can now add another thing I am good at....Optifast day 3 lol
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty05/01/11, 09:34 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN steak. I didn't realise how much I missed it until I had fill out and ate some. I really wouldn't trade it though for the out of control feeling I had with that fill out. I can vouch for lean dessert and I love the banana cream too. I only have chocolate left now. I think supplement den also has postage free so shop around for your prices. Or maybe thats why I bought two to save on postage LOL I made a plain old banana smoothie the other day and that was nice. Not extra protein but it had milk in it and a banana so still good for me.

Zippy I am loving my lettuce rolls for lunch. That was a great tip. Chill out regarding the party and cleaning. It will all get dustry etc while you are away so stop stressing. This holiday is one to enjoy and not worry about housework. I haven't stopped carbs completely but I am definitely not as hungry as I was. I dropped weight after the first day but it has stayed down the same amount since. I am looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday and I haven't said that for a longgggggggggggggg time.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty05/01/11, 11:35 am

Well - now here's a deal for you, Zippy. Don't clean out the fridge, and don't worry about the housework. I could have myself a little holiday, pop on over to your place, 'manage' the fridge, and do some housework while there, to pay for my accommodation. You see this has to be a win-win situation: you get to go away, knowing that the pudgy puddin' from down south will house-sit while you are away. Now don't worry, I am more than capable of taking care of pets, plants, housework. I promise not to break anything, and you can come home to a clean house. I get to have a break from the familiar, walk somewhere different, and . . . . . . um . . . . sample the delights of the 21st! Hehehe - has to be a winner doesn't it?

In regard to the shakes (Body Science Shaping Protein for Women) they come in Chocolate, Vanilla, Berry, Banana and Cafe Latte. I bought mine online from sportyshealth.com.au, but have also seen them in the local health food store. Would you believe I actually noticed Lean Dessert Protein available in our Woolworths supermarket? Think it must be new there, have never noticed it before. I've also seen it in Chemist Warehouse, but perhaps not the full range of flavours.

I had steak for dinner tonight. Can't remember the last time I ate steak (well, I think I may have had some last summer or the one before). Never been high on my list of priorities, possibly because I am hopeless at cooking it myself. Anyway, had it with a nice salad at a local hotel. Most enjoyable. Yay for less fill is all I can say.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty05/01/11, 06:40 am

Delia I use either the atkins shakes available at coles or woolworths or I buy lean desert protein shakes off the net from the supplement den. ATkins is the lowest in carbs being around 3 and the lean desert is around 6 I think but dont quote me.
I buy the banana cream from the suppliment den (lean dessert protein) it tastes like banana paddle pops, The atkin powder shakes come in strawberry, chocolate and coffee.. I dont mind any of the three.....but lets face it nothing is as good as a frappe with whipped cream on top.

loosinit what flavours do your shakes come in they sound interesting being so low in carbs and still high in protein... it will give me a bit of a turn around

i have been thinking of Cuddles too, I hope she is ok. She souded so dispondant last time she was around.

Loosinit we fly out next Tuesday at 1.00.

I have a 21st birthday bbq to host this saturday and have no hope of cleaning the fridge etc out till thats over. Of course my husband tells me "it will be right" but I am starting to feel panicked. I have a long list of things I want to clean and organize before we go and am feeling hopeless at getting it done.

I really should have had the bbq last week but I didnt so I will just have to cope with the fact that some things wont get done.

perhaps the floor wont get mopped before I go... or maybe I wont get to dust...as my husband said "its not going anywhere... it will still be there when you get back"

Some how there is no comfort in that thought
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty05/01/11, 02:56 am

Hey Zippy - when do you leave for your US adventure? Counting down the days yet?

Cuddles is strangely silent. Hope she remembers we are here.

Speaking of which, I think Amazing might be joining us shortly too. Be good to have all the old crowd together again.

Think I might have succumbed to flu symptoms kindly brought in to the household from the UK. Really appreciate that - NOT! To be fair, not his fault - got sick a couple days after arriving and had a neighbour visit shortly before leaving there who hadn't revealed her status until she had been there for a while.

Mind you, I think my joint pains and muscle aches are possibly more due to the excess weight now being carried than anything else. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 09:23 pm

Thanks ladies. I probably would have dark hair if I didn't dye it. Grey around the front and dark on the back. If I could go a lovely grey like Rowena Wallace then I would leave it that colour.

Well done Zippy the first day is the hardest. I feel really committed and I think I proved that by starting on new years day and not today. I now have 3 days (good) under my belt and I am feeling good. I can do a proper shop today and have all the right foods available. At the moment I am just having a small amount of carbs. Will see how I go in the weigh in and maybe shake it up with no carbs if I get no results. I did take zippys advice re the cheese yesterday and had a chunk of it when I was huingry.

Leanne are you out there lurking? Come in and play with us.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 01:25 pm

I use Body Science which are less than 3g carbs per serve, much higher in protein too than Optifast.

Linda - you look fabulous, and much different to how I imagined you to be. I always thought you would have dark hair.

Sounds like everyone is on track except me. Hmmmmm - better do something about that.

Congrats on the great start, ladies. Well done to both of you!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 12:24 pm

Zippy you are so right about the carbs. A quick start to getting back into things for the New Year.
Which shakes do you use? I use Dr Tims Success as they are not as sweet as most but I think they are 20 carbs a shake.
Delia
Wink
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 11:25 am

oh and drum roll puhleeeeze mr music..... I did a day with out carbs...Yay... my first clean day since a week before Christmas.... now i just got to keep it going.

I feel better already I have to say... and I was out today and stopped at Gloria Jeans and met a friend... not much choice there for lunch so I ordered a pie and just ate the filling...though a little got stuck and now I feel a bit swollen. The filling had really chewy peices in it and I was really self consciouse about continually chewing and spitting the unchewable bits into a serviette ... you would think I would know better by now but no... I swallowed two small chewy bits and had to go home and have a swill of diet coke to push it through.

Tomorrow I will do shakes to let it settle ... it will do me good anyway and really help kick me into ketosis... the shakes I have under 5 carbs so I will definitely roll in under the 20 to speed things up.

The combo of eating smaller amounts and eating low carb kicks you in a lot quicker than when you can eat large amounts and definitely doesnt take the 2 weeks it would normally take thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 11:17 am

Well... you look luffly!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 07:19 am

LOL that was taken at a Werribee lapbanders get together. Deb took everyones photo for them. I copied it from facebook cos I don't have any photos since my pc died.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty03/01/11, 06:31 am

Woo diddley hoo hoooooo look at our lil Miss Linda sitting there all seductive and sireeeeene like in her picture... hotsy tottsy mumma!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty02/01/11, 10:53 pm

Ha ha you crack me up. Yep that helps a lot.

Thanks zippy. I have been good for 2 days. LOL
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty02/01/11, 10:46 pm

hey Linda... generally I start the day with an egg... or two depending and poached (we have chooks so the eggs ar yummy) .. or a protein shake like atkins or lean desert protein.(the lowest in carbs... optifast has way too many for this)

Lunch would be salmon with a little mayo or chicken and a little mayo anything green if you can get it down

dinner what ever is prepared minus anything with carbs... ( nothing with flour, sugar, rice or potatoes... etc) so if I made a curry or bolognaise per say I would have the sauce but not the rice and pasta.... pretty simple really...

I cut milk and coffee and tea in this phase... milk has lactose which is sugar and caffein induces an insulin responce which will cause you to make sugar. No fruits or nuts in this stage for the 3 days In essence it is a band friendly version of atkins with out the fat.

If I was doing it really hard core I would simply do shakes for 3 days and nibble on a cheese or salmon if I needed to chew. Drink heaps of water .

After that I avoid in the maintanace stage to continue loosing I keep off the flour sugar rice and potatoes but allow milk and after a week or so you can have a little of something naughty as long as you make it "little" and get straight back to a low carb diet.

This has always worked for me and over xmas even with the dabbling with lollies etc has kept me in maintainance.

If I want to (as I do now) get seriouse and get clean and back on track completely I just do the 3days hard again.

After 3 days you wont crave the carbs any more... in fact to wont be arsed if you eat or not... and when you do eat you will get full after small amounts.

Greens gravy granules are very low carb and make up with boiling water out of the jug and is really nice. Exelent over chicken to make it go down... or cook up some mince and stir it through the gravy with some spinach.. makes a nice stew like thing to keep in the fridge for lunch or if you need to eat something.

If you must snack have cheese. I buy the little bonnie belle cheeses and keep them in the fridge for when I think fwaaaaw Im gonna eat something bad... dont want it at all after eating that.

Make up diet jelly thats good too if you need something sweet

First day is the worste... I am like a crack whore on methedone on the first day and everyone avoids me

Hope this helps if not just yell out
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty01/01/11, 11:27 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Congratulations, Linda - I think that's a great achievement. It's one day at a time, and when you have one under your belt, the next seems not quite so difficult. Once you see some results, then it just gives you a bit more motivation to keep going.

I must say there are still too many treats around - at home and at work. I don't make NY resolutions, but I simply must get back on track soon. So much for trying to stay in double digits - they are a dream away. I am probably at about the point that Linda started out at, so I have a way to go to get to where I need to be. I'm about 20kgs up on this time last year, actually a bit more than that. Shit - some serious work to do here.

I'll go hide under my rock now and sulk.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty01/01/11, 09:05 pm

Happy new year! I am pleased to announce I stayed on track all day yesterday. That is a biggie for me. Miss zippy could you please give me a daily food guide for when you are trying to knock carbs on the head. Then once you get that under control what your daily food intake would be. I know it is protein all the way but just wondering what sort of stuff you have. This is when you are in weight loss mode with proper restriction of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next