debs
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

debs

August 2010 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty09/05/11, 04:08 am

well done on the loss Kirsten and Fe. You're right, any loss is good loss.
I know what you mean about the new feeling fe, its strange huh. In my head i still want a full portion size but just can't have it. It does seem like a waste but i think thats our fat brain talking...the 'wasted' food would only end up on our arse and then we'd hate it....when we can't have it we hate it and when we can we hate it...humans are strange creatures. lol Just enjoying my feeling of eating less but struggling a bit also with thinking i want more. I don't know what my loss will be this week as i've never been a weekly weigher. I'm lucky if i weigh myself once every six weeks! I should get a routine going as it'll probably help keep me accountable.

I know what you mean about going out too. My sisters man is having a birthday dinner in a few weeks and i'm thinking...what a waste of money for me, i'll only be able to eat a few bites and how am i going to exlain that to a bunch of strangers? This is a whole new unfamiliar area for me. I'm sure you will still have fun with your family and boys though, even on less food, and i'm sure you'll be dead proud of yourself when you get home and realise you did it. That's what i'm hoping for anyway. lol

debs
Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty09/05/11, 02:27 am

lol 200 grams loss for me this week. kinda impressed i lost anything as i had a bit of a binge (wonder if ill ever stop that...)
Debs: it seems when you get to the right spot you cant help but lose something :)
Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty09/05/11, 01:10 am

hey girls, nice to see some activity ;p
Kristen: grats on the loss, any loss is good loss!

Debs: actually for the first time since being banded food isnt all that appealing (insert shocked face here) I'm only managing small amounts of chocolate when i wanna be naughty coz it makes me feel queasy... I'd say im just at the cup mark maybe less... I get the pain if i try to eat more than that... managing half a sandwich.
Im not a huge fan of the feeling, and i hate seeing real portion sizes and thinking God i'd love to eat that much ;p But its definately managable :) KFC has an awesome tiny box of popcorn chicken with dipping gravy atm for $2. Best takeaway ever (coz i can actually eat it... just... lol) I'm passing on alot of foods because i know i just wont be able to eat it. 4 bites of roast meat or steak is it for me.
Going out for dinner on the 19th for my little boys 5th birthday, and its the first time i actually dont want to go out to dinner (we dont get out much) Last fill i was still up for it because i could eat about 2 cups and i figured it was satisfying enough, but being able to eat this amount, seems like such a waste...
Surgeon didnt want to see us til november, but we've booked in for august incase the band relaxes and i lose the restriction,but i dont think that will happen. So probably next check in for us will be early october, when i go to have it all removed for my honeymoon on the 22nd. They said because we're going to vanuatu its better to take it out than have a strange country playing with it if something goes wrong ;p We have a list of food places we have to go once the fluids out lmao better loose an extra 5kgs to cover that ;p
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty08/05/11, 11:25 pm

Weighed in today, .5kg down. I'm happy. Would have loved it to be a whole kg but hey, beggers can't be choosers. August 2010 - Page 9 579334
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty08/05/11, 02:39 am

Let us know how the weigh in goes Kirsten. Yeah what i'm feeling at the moment is something i've never felt before with the band. For example, today was my nieces 17th birthday and there was chocolate cheesecake. I had a slither and a cup of coffee and feel a bit sick and quite full....on a slither! Gosh imagine how much i could have lost had i had this feeling from the start! lol Will enjoy it while it lasts and hope it lasts a while....if not i know what you mean Kirsten about keeping a little something up your sleeve. Now that i know my band can hold more its good to know i can get another mil or two if i need it.

debs
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty07/05/11, 11:44 pm

thats great you went to the docs Debs, I know you were putting it off. I bet it's also good to know the band will hold a bit more if you need it. Resgtriction for the first time, awesome! I'm pretty happy with my fill amount at the moment, I can proberly eat 1 cup full, but I'm pretty happy with that. I see the doc in about 4 weeks, and might look at getting a small adjustment then. I don't want to run it too tight as thats when some problems are likely to arise, and if I continue to steadily lose weight on this fill amount, it leaves the next levels up my sleeve if you know what I mean. My weekly weigh in day tomorrow, can't wait to see how the weeks been preceived on the scales
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty07/05/11, 06:51 am

Hey girls, speaking of bands and fills i just went and had another fill in mine. I now have 7mls in a 7ml band. I told him i really nervous about coming and put it off as long as possible as it was potentially my last ml before the band was full, but he said not worry because they hold way more than that if they need to. Phew!

Now with 7ml i'm feeling something i've never felt before...some restriction! I don't know if its just because its an adjustment so will wear off in a week or so, or if i've hit a level of fill that is just enough. For the first time since my op i can only eat up to a cup full of food in a sitting. Finally! lol And for the first time i'm noticing if i try and push it i get pain. Its just frustrating it taken me so long to get here. Still, i'm so relieved and pleased...i might actually start to drop a few kilos now.

How are you feeling with your 8ml Fe? And Kirsten how does it feel with 10ml?

debs
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty07/05/11, 01:52 am

Hi Fe,

Alls good here. Started the day with aerobics, just made some bananna & coconut muffin type thing, lol. It's in the oven cooking as we speak. I don't think it will be able to have any, but my son should love it. My doc said for my type of band, most have about 7ml, I'm around 10, I forget the exact amount. He thinks it's fine but.

hope everyones havin a good weekend
Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty07/05/11, 12:48 am

quiet around here atm! Thought i'd mention surgeon told me how much is in my band. it's an 11ml band and i have 8mls... He said its uncommon to have that much in it but that doesnt mean anything to me really ;p
hope everyone is going ok
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty03/05/11, 04:13 am

I just did an adult riding clinic over the weekend. 2 lessons both sat & sun. It was great!! I hadn't ridden in 15 years. You'll have a blast!!

I too watched BL. Some of them are so skinny now, it's unbelivable.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty03/05/11, 03:11 am

Yeah i wonder about that too Cate. I wonder with such a dramatic fast loss how long they'll keep it off. I hope they can maintain the momentum. Good luck with your riding lesson too. It sounds like fun. Hope its a lovely bonding experience for you guys. I love horses and have always wanted to learn to ride but just haven't had the chance....maybe one day.

You're right Tanya...i'm sure the doc will be fine about things...just my own guilt at not doing better. I'm sure he's seen it all before though. lol

debs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty03/05/11, 02:48 am

catton54 wrote:

I booked in for my first riding lesson on Sunday, riding in the sulky is fine, but it has been a long long time since I have been in the saddle, the whole family are having a lesson or 2, hubby also......lol - a family that plays together stay together, is my motto....the weight limit is 100kgs Yeah, I thought......'I can do this'......

That's a great goal! Hope you have a fantastic, giggly time :)
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty03/05/11, 01:05 am

Deb a slow loss is what we aim for, I watch the finals last night of the biggest losers ( I think we all did...LOL)..OMG don't they look grand, Emma well what can one say - well done......but I wonder how many continue to lose the weight or maintain it at that level...interesting.....
I booked in for my first riding lesson on Sunday, riding in the sulky is fine, but it has been a long long time since I have been in the saddle, the whole family are having a lesson or 2, hubby also......lol - a family that plays together stay together, is my motto....the weight limit is 100kgs Yeah, I thought......'I can do this'......
Better go, thank god I work from home...lol....
Cate....xoxoxo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty02/05/11, 12:56 pm

Docs are way more realistic than us bandits Debs -you have nothing to fear! lol
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty02/05/11, 12:48 pm

I'm glad you're going for a second opinion Cate. You've been on my mind a lot over the months. The excessive sliming is something i've always thought wasn't right...i know some sliming is usual if you get a little blockage...it helps lubricate the oesophegus so you can expel the food. But to have so much (i remember you saying you might slime a cup full sometimes, and on only small amounts of food) says to me that your body is not happy about something. I think a second opinion is great...and maybe make some notes to take the new doc, a little page of whats happening so he can keep it in your file. Sometimes its hard to remember all the little things when you see a new doctor. Just a thought. I just want you to feel better and get the best out of the band. Will you keep us posted as to what the new doc says?

I see my doc in two days...i'm nervous as i haven't seen him in like three months and i'm lucky if i've lost a couple of kilos in all that time. God i'm dreading it.

debs
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty02/05/11, 08:52 am

Good on you Kirsten, you are on a great roll....and Deb, might try and see the Dr in Coffs, whilst away I did nothing but spew, it was terrible, but today has been grand, no problems, just cannot understand it, same food, same everything..I really think it is the mucas thing, as in the mornings I cannot eat till I have a hot cuppa, and that has to be slow, and about 10 seems to come good ( sometimes)......I have been like this since day dot, I think I have about 3mls in a 7mls band, certainly do not want more fill. but when things are good, I can eat 1/2 cup maybe a little more....but I think a second opinion would not go astray.....I tend to be eating dunked biccies alot now, not good.....
Re families, so hard breaks my heart not to be able to see the kids - even dream about them, why are kids (some) so nasty......
Anyhow, better go...cheers to all........

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty02/05/11, 02:46 am

That's awesome Kirsten!
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty01/05/11, 10:12 pm

Weigh in day today. 1.3kgs down this week, yay!!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty01/05/11, 12:06 pm

Well done Fe and Kirsten, sounds like you're doing well. Sorry to hear about your family issues Cate and Fe, i was hoping they'd be resolved for you by now. Some people can hold a grudge can't they...and make everyone else miserable just to keep proving some point. Makes me want to slap them. I guess thats what families do, they drive you crazy. Luckily i'm on good terms with everyone in mine, but its mostly because i bite my tongue so much to keep the peace.
I definitely think another opinion is great idea Cate. You might hear the same thing, or you might hear something that could change your band experience for the better. There is nothing to loose but everything to gain. I remember my doc saying ages ago that any kind of regular vomiting needs investigating as its not supposed to be part of having a band. I think a second opinion is a great step in the right direction. Do you have any other banding docs near you?

As for me, i finally made an appointment to see my doc and am going on wednesday. I think i need more fill, but we'll see what he says. Maybe its all just a head thing with me...i need a 'headband'. lol

Congrats on your first goal Fe!
debs
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty29/04/11, 06:38 am

thats great Fe!

Well I saw the doc yesterday, but it was at a different clinic and he didn't want to weigh me there as the scales are way out compared to his usual ones. My scales are 1kg out to his, so going off that I've lost 4.5kgs since my last visit with him 7 weeks ago, and he is very happy with this. Next appt in 6 weeks, and maybe have a small adjustment then. He doesn't want to make the band too tight as he said he has a very small re-operation rate, and seeing as I'll havr the band for life, theres no rush. (nothing like some perspective) He tried to reassure me, that its not a race to lose the most weight, and having lost the weight I have is great, and to even it out over a year and half,(which is how long he thinks it should take to lose the weight) it's spot on track :) Got to be happy with that.

I've decided mondays is my weigh in day, so fingers crossed there will be a little loss August 2010 - Page 9 579334
Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty29/04/11, 12:42 am

Hey girls, glad to hear we've all been reasonably good. Cheated lots this week with the fridge full of eggs, thought id suck it up and do weigh in a few days early (back to the surgeon again on tuesday) and...

DUN DUN DAHHHHH

25/8/10 Fe (emeraldrain) Age: 27 H 167cm SW: 122 CW: 109.8 GW: 80kg TL: 12.2kg (29/04/11) #1 Goal Reached!! Next Goal = 100kgs!

13/8/10 Cate (catton54) Age:56 H:156cm BMI:41 :126.9kg CW: 99.7kg GW:75kg TL:27.2kg (05/04/11) YEAH below 100 kgs YEAH......

17/8/10 debs Age:37 H:167cm, SW:116kg, CW:96kg, GW:80kg TL:19kg (21/02/11)

25/08/2010 Kirsten Age:32 SW:114kgs CW:94.7 GW: 75kgs TL:19.3kgs (05/04/11)

August 2010 - Page 9 Empty August 2010 - Page 9 Empty

August 2010 - Page 9 Empty August 2010 - Page 9 Empty
109.8 :)) Reached first ever goal (and didnt i take my time getting there!) Hoping they wont touch the band this visit. So happy with where it is (even if i miss eating a full lunch roll) Excited that even with Chocolate i'm regularly losing.

I copied the up to date thing but it didnt do what i said so i'll try again ;p

Hope u guys are well.
Cate: I know sorta how you feel about your grandson. My brother's wife is due any day now, and I wont get to see the kid. Makes me so sad as it's only my brother and I in my family, and My crime was telling him I was pregnant a couple months after i told his girlfriend (now wife. Long story short She was a good friend, and i was freaking out at the time and needed one. Told her if she wasnt comfortable keeping it from him i'd tell him, but she decided to tell him without letting me know she had, and he got to fester over it until it hit the safe point and we told our families - including him. Crappy situation i wish i could change but at the end of it all I didnt mean to cause problems I just wasnt coping well, and I handled things badly. I apologised but he wont let it go)
Families Suck ;p

Happy! Happy! Happy! Now someone put a lock on my fridge and we'll really get somewhere :)
fe xx
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty28/04/11, 10:00 pm

Hi All...Glad you had a lovely easter Kirsten, yes kids are priceless, so cute, miss the g'kids ( miss the 2 I am not allowed to see, wish I knew my sins, being late always cannot be it (so my son states) jealousy is a curse, I feel so sad that I cannot see them, actually never seen my grand son - I often wonder what he looks like....).......Anyhow move on Cate.....we are heading home today.....not sure how it has been weight wise for me....lots of puking again....I have worked it out that I have drink something hot before I eat, take it slow, and have a small longggggggg mouth fulls only for the first 30mins, and work up to my meal - eating slowly, I will then get a cup or so down with out pain and puking....this is great if I have nothing else to do, or not in a hurry - terrible if I am out dining.....KFC, mash with gravy and coleslaw, and a wing is ok when traveling and need fast food.....I am considering going to another Dr for another opinion, personlly do not think the one I go to cares a stuff - all about money!!!! oh, and easter eggs go down well....lol

xoxoxoxo

Cate August 2010 - Page 9 579334
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty27/04/11, 01:08 am

Hi girls,

I hope we all faired well after the easter chocolate fest!! My son had chocolate for the first time and loved it. When I ask him if he likes chocolate he saysm yum yum yum whilst licking his lips and poking his tounge out a little, lol PRICELESS!

I've been rather well behaved. I still need to tackle a better portion control, but getting there. The scales were kinder to me today, down a little, but ?I won't chalk it up as a win yet, as I'm making mondays my weigh in days. It will be interesting to see what I weigh on the doctors scales tomorrow. I'm going to get a copy of my fills and weight chart so I can do a graph and see what it looks like. It might give me some perspective too.

Hope your all great! August 2010 - Page 9 579334
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty25/04/11, 08:06 am

Happy easter all...currently away, will not be back till the weekend....hope you are all enjoying the break, and not eating to many eggs...LOL.....have a fridge full in the caravan, but trying to be good.....hoping hubby will eat most of them....poor hubby.....anyhow catch up next week, or when I can get service again (currently in a very remote area).......xoxoxoxo

Cate
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty24/04/11, 06:19 am

happy easter all. Good on ya Fe! Hey Debs, I had that ill feeling a few days ago when I ate my sons easter eggs, lol. Not to bad today though, I only got him the one, nothing for me to chip into, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   August 2010 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2010
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next