Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 10:58 pm

*sigh* we must have been split at birth.

For some reason it suits my palate since sleeving. I liked it before but I love it now.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 10:55 pm

I'm sometimes surprised when I have a blood test that they're not drawing peanut butter from my veins! Ok - that might be just a little exaggerated. I seem to have phases of it - can have it here for ages and not even open the jar or take a second look, but once I get a taste for it . . . . . . . . . there's generally no stopping me.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 10:39 pm

yeah well the peanut butter has its fingers in my brain!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 10:14 pm

Ha that is funny. I get a yearning for it about every few years. When I had a taste for it the jar was so out of date and smelt so bad I had to throw it out. I bought a new one but it is still unopened. Now wine????
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 08:55 pm

yar it calls me from the pantry like a siren from the sea.

I have a teaspoon of a nighttime and sit and lick it... and sometimes of an arvo. Doc recons its fine cos its good fats and protein..... but noooooow I am trying to convince myself that I dont need one for morning tea as well.

I would be happy to live off 3 teaspoons of peanut butter a day.... of course the ratio would rise. That would merely be the starting point!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 12:40 pm

Years of experience tells me that you are telling the truth, Zippy!

I used to have a flatmate who catered for camping tours, and the leftovers would make it back here. Those were the days when they had those extra-large teddy-bear jars of peanut butter. Together we could demolish a jar in . . . . . . . . not sure how long, but it was probably about the same as a whole busload of people took to get through one.

I have quite a few of the empty jars here as evidence! Great for storing all sorts of things.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty23/04/12, 11:08 am

peanut butter is da debil!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty22/04/12, 11:54 pm

Thanks zippy. Get out and go for a walk and get those happy endorphines going.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty22/04/12, 11:52 pm

yes, sorry I do mean not drinking during or with meals.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty22/04/12, 11:46 pm

Yep and you are good at it LOL

Do you mean NOT with this
Drinking with meals... its another band was a good mentor thing.... I am having no trouble with this rule either.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty22/04/12, 11:01 pm

Well I have hit the expected 3 week stall. I had hoped it would be a continuous downward slope, however Im sitting at not losing weight for 2 weeks and even gained 300g....frustrating but I knew it was inevidable.

It was the same with the band at the 3 week mark so this is no different. Its the whole mushy stage me thinks. Apparently it picks up again once you are on solids... still it doesnt matter how prepared you are, its still a pain in the arse and you start with the self defeat.

Still not hungry and eating very small amounts at under a 1/4 cup sometimes less. I have listened to others say they have no full feeling but I am the oposite and after a few tablespoons get a comfortable full sensation so I stop there.

Most are complaining of pain which goes into vomiting but I think they are eating past the comfort part. For me having the band has been a great teacher and I can recognise being sated because I have gone without it for so long that its nice to feel.

I dont know if that makes sense but when I had the band I tuely missed the comfort of the full feeling. So now that I sense it, its kinda nice.

Maybe Im just nutty but what ever it is its working for me in that department so I will stick to it. I think if I ate faster ( again the band was a good teacher here) I would miss it but having learnt to slow down and being extra conscious of it at the moment I am picking up on it. Please note that I still dont eat as slow as I should...but I have still got the chew chew chew habit learnt with the band.

Drinking with meals... its another band was a good mentor thing.... I am having no trouble with this rule either.

The rules are exactly the same for the sleeve as they are for the band so its just a rerun for me. I do have times like last night when I hammer myself with the 'why did you sign up for all this again...PERMENANTLY'... but I have to try and remember why I wanted a permenant solution to over eating and weight gain. Sounds simple dont it... but its not, well not for me.

As good as the sleeve is... as much as it is eeeeeeeeverything the band was promised but wasnt. I still question it ... I still mourn food... I still wish I could have done it on my own with no surgery. But I couldnt and I have to go back and re read how it was for me prior to the sleeve.

Its something I think everyone goes through after surgery like this. I know I did it with the band in the initial stages ( and the latter) and I know it passes once you get out of the liquids, puree, mushy, softs stage. But for know I will complain.... cos its what I does ok!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty20/04/12, 12:36 am

me too ...for reasons stated below!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty20/04/12, 12:14 am

LOL

I love the rain
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty19/04/12, 11:54 pm

Its been raining here for a week now... good thing is it means I cant start a walking program...dam, NOT!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty19/04/12, 11:23 pm

Of course it's raining today. Why would I expect anything different, I washed windows yesterday. The forecast said showers, which I would have been happy with. Not friggin bloody rain!

Shouldn't complain, we probably need the rain. But could it have waited a few days? Seems to always arrive the day after I've washed the car or the windows.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty19/04/12, 11:03 pm

different day....same shit....
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 11:42 pm

I dont know why I assosiated those two... perhaps it was the whole personal training thing.

I am happy so far with the op loosinit. I am a bit scared of real food to be honest because food in general does not interest me and when I do eat its no more than 2 Tablespoons and Im over it. Like when have you ever heard me say that 2 squares of chocolate is 1 square too much.

It will no doubtably change as time goes on and the sleeve scar tissue softens...though from what I understand if you stick to the lower end of food measurements you dont increase intake that much... we will see, anything can happen in 12 months ( as we well know)

All I can guage it on now is that at 3 and a bit weeks out this is soooo totally different to my 3 or 4 weeks out with the band. At that stage I was hungry and desperate for my first fill. Mushies did not satisfy me and I had trouble sticking to the food intake rules ( I did though because when I set my mind to something I do it all out).

Even the thought of cracker bread makes me go...boring ..nah. Which is huge cos with the band I could hoover an entire packet no problems they were a slider food and I found them addictive.

I am racking my brain for something that will trigger my inner foodie... I have run the gammut of past loves and nothing is raising my temp. A week ago yes but this week stone cold not interested.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 11:26 pm

Zero interest in food? Hmmmm - I think the only time that has EVER happened to me was immediately post-banding, for less than a week. I could do with about 12 months of no interest in food.

Zippy you must be pretty pleased with how things are going. I reckon I would be.

As far as Marion and Andy go, I didn't realise they were close. I thought the only thing they might have in common is (apart from banding) that they are both personal trainers. Marion went on to have the sleeve, I wonder how she has managed with that. Sleeving always seemed to be more popular in the west.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 09:30 pm

I'll take it for a few months LOL

Yes maybe have some nice shakes on hand so you get some goodness in you or make a banana smoothie. What about an egg flip?

I have Marion and Andy as facebook friends. I didn't think they were close. As far as I know she hasn't been to one of his bandcamps.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 09:22 pm

Your not alone debs, 90% of bandit do the same thing at your stage of the journey.

Hey Linda... Marion used to be very close to Andy , have you asked him on face book how she is going. She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth

Last 3 days I have had less than zero appetite and have been forcing myself to eat. Its not a sick feeling its just zero interest in anything edible. I feel like a cup of tea or a drink but just dont fancy a feed. I just couldnt force myself to eat last night so around 8 I decided I should eat so I sat down and looked at my little 1/4 cup bowl and sighed... it might as well been 12 kilos of liver. I ate it but it was a chore and only could be bothered with half.

I ended up feeling light headed and dizzy round 9 and knew it was my sugar so ate 2 small peices if chocolate...didnt want them but knew I had too or I would pass out.

Feel the same about food this morning. I am sipping water adn down 500ml so far. I will have a shake for breakfast as I have a busy day.

Someone said it can take a few weeks for the last bits of residual Ghrelin to deplete from your systme. Maybe this is it.

Its soooo weird to experience a total negative...beige responce to food.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 12:22 pm

Thanks ladies. I think you're right...i probably would do better with some out. Maybe i wouldn't eat so much crap because of everything getting stuck. I don't really enjoy my food anymore and even my partner says he's noticed i'm eating more high calories foods because they are the ones that don't hurt....and that's not how the band is supposed to work. I know all this in my head but my head also screams 'suck it up or you'll just put on all the weight again'...but i'll probably end up doing that anyway because of the crap i'm eating instead. lol Arrrgghhhh....its really a head game isn't it. Thanks girls for your advice, you're great.
Hugs
debs
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 10:23 am

Debs I have sent you a PM and I agree with what the girls have just told you.
A bit loser and better protein will fill you up much longer.
I know where you are coming from.
I just had another .5 out of my band as I think I can do ok without it but if I find I can't I will get a little back in maybe .25ml.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 06:42 am

The advantage I found with less fill was the ability to eat more protein dense foods which both filled me for longer and also I lost me some weight.

When my band was tighter I ate what I could, which was usually carby foods that were soft.

I dont think he would call you a failure. I never felt pressure like that from him even when I fessed up to some really baaaad stuff. He would just laugh.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 06:41 am

Debs the band is a partnership between you and the doc. If he doesn't know it is not working then he can't uphold his end. Maybe you need a bit out so you can eat proper food at good times. It isn't meant to be such a chore. Life is for living. He sounds like a nice doc. I know my doc would blame me for sure cos he is an arrogant B.
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty18/04/12, 06:20 am

Hi Zip, no i haven't been back to see Nigel yet (what an unfortunate name :) lol I still have that fear of saying 'i've failed' etc... i'm worried he'll wan to take a load of fill out, which in one way would be great because i'd have no pain (had to wait until 11pm to eat dinner last night as that seems to be when band is at its loosest) but on the other worry i'll whack on the weight i've lost. Plus i feel embaressed to go back because i haven't lost a lot of weight...I started at 114kgs i think and i bounce around between 92-95ks...so that's not a great loss for almost 18months out. I need to just suck it up though. I'll do it but might wait because my boyfriend is about to start a months holidays...if he loosens it who knows HOW many kilos i will inhale over a month. LOL But then again, if we go aways somewhere having that freedom to just eat normally away from home would be great too. Decisions decisions.

ps thats cool re the booze...i already get a buzz from one drink being pretty much a non drinker...its vertainly much cheaper too. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next