Losingit
Linda
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty27/05/11, 12:08 am

geeze lindapinda, I was just reading about your dizzies and you need to move on to a boat luffly...

It sounds possatively horrible to have to live like that all the time.. and its all reversed so that when your on a plane or boat etc your normal...too weird...and completely aweful for you.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 11:50 pm

Yar thats my thinking.. and now with the kids are all grown up and able to fend for them selves things arent too out of reach with just the 2 of us to pay for when we away.

I have been reading the recipes on the mirical noodle site and they look sooooo yummy... hopefully if well chewed they will go down. I love pasta but wont eat it because its dense carbs, so with zero carbs in this stuff and only 10 calories per serve it will be great if it tastes good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 11:48 pm

Thanks Linda
Smile
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 11:10 pm

Zippy that happened to my mother in law she wanted to travel so bad and my father in law didn't and then she got cancer and she died last year never to have travelled overseas :( I say go for it even if you don't eat for a year just to go lol
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 11:04 pm

ha ha haaa... I waaaaaaaaaaaant to go to hawaii that does not nessa mean I will get there.... however I am working on it.

I figure if I can win the husband over and we can start putting some aside that we could wing it for this time next year.

After losing mum last year and having watched her save for a rainy day and do with out and then have druthers at the end... I am taking her advice and throwing open the doors on my life.....because its all just tooo short

Sounds weird but sometimes those things we think we cant do or cant afford to do, we can make ourselves work it out. I will have to cut back on some stuff yes...but hey its gotta be worth it.

If its just me and the man child then it wont be too bad... well not over the top...ok I am convincing myself but it gives me something to plan for...besides its a nice sunny daydream dont you think
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 10:51 pm

I sent Tanya a Pm in reply but for anyone interested it is called
Mal de debarquement syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_de_debarquement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 01:41 pm

Thanks Zippy, I changed the post to a pm (must have been at the same time you replied).
The treatment for your husband's and Dad's vertigo is exactly what I was reading about online today. I have to say being thrown around when you are already trying hard not to even move your head doesn't sound like a fun time but it's good to know it works. I haven't had a smack to the head (that's not to say I couldn't use one at times) so maybe it's viral.

Are you really going on a Hawaiian cruise? You just came back from the US!

Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 01:22 pm

whoops your post dissapeared tania...where did it go

On another note I just bought some of those no carb miracal noodles... I saw them on ACA and decided to give them a crack... has anyone else tried them
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 01:21 pm

I think Lindas one isnt treatable... my hubby and father had the "chrystals migrating" version ( which generally only happens if you have a fair smack to the head somehow) and both were successfully treated by an ENT who knew how. It was cured after a long bout in one visit to the doc by him tossing them quickly and quite hard from side to side then swiftly forward while they had to remain limp.

Apparently the process is quite unpleasant when one is suffering from the vertigo and you want to die while they are throwing you round but after it is finished the world ceases to spin.

Linda however from memory does not have this variety and the poor buggar suffers constantly
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 12:34 pm

oooooooooo five star sounds just what the doc ordered to me....

I am tossing up between cruising the hawaiian islands and renting a car and driving them.. though the latter option would take a good deal more time.

Broom is noooooooice ... and worth the effort....

I am finding, just as I did before, that the fill is starting to kick in... it has always taken a week to start taking effect and 2 weeks for full blown results...weird I know but after a fill for approx a week I feel no difference...as of yesterday I started to feel it catching things on the way down. Tonight I had a bit of lamb chop ... which since fill out has proved no foe... but tonight, as it was prior to fill out... stewed lamb chops are off the menue.

Still no weight loss... thinking I may have to accept this but Im not ready to give up yet. You will note that I turned down all offers of cake etc today... even sucked down my coffee black... wicked sickening aint it.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty26/05/11, 12:09 am

Cruises seem to be pretty good value these days. Everywhere you look they are advertised. I am still on my permanent cruise. 3 months now. I really thought when the rocking stopped almost 2 years ago that as long as I never went on a boat again I would be all right. So much for that. A research on the condition showed that it can come back spontaneously in 28% of cases. The flight up and the holiday have done nothing. Maybe I need a longer flight and a 5 star hotel like when it went away before when we went to Phuket. Food for thought.

Anyway I am looking forward to getting into a routine at home. Have had enought of eating out. Alan feels like his guts has blown up LOL
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 05:53 pm

yuh yoo there is still life here.welcome back.:)
Cruising and weight loss dont seam to go hand in hand( even when you stay away from the buffet tables ) Hubby and I did the inside passage in alaska Very nice and didnt have to worry about bather bodies but after eating lightly during the first stage of the hols , well as light as you can in the usa,we boarded the ship and our table of season travlers informed us (as we bantered over the menue trying to decide what to have from the many yummy choices ,you know the "you get something different and we will share: married thing that you do) . When our table informs us that you can order as many things of the menu that you want even all of it if you wanted to and they would bring it for you.It was pritty much 1/2 a menue each after that didnt ever think that hubby and I would get to the stage that the thought of food could make you groan.p.s this was pre banded '
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 09:44 am

Must admit I have never done the salt water thing with the detox. I am prepared to suffer, but not that much! I just do the mix, laxative tea, and plenty of water. I'm not sure what the salt water is supposed to achieve, needless to say I have managed quite well without it.

Hmmmmmm - a cruise - sounds a bit tempting, but I'm not sure that I would manage it. Not really a sailor - have felt quite ill sometimes when I have been at sea, so that one might be off the agenda. Imagine paying for a cruise, only to find out when at sea that it doesn't suit.

Somewhere on the Queensland coast would do me just fine, though I have always wanted to go to Broome. Prohibitive costs have turned me off that one, and the all day getting there and back.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 08:47 am

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.... pork rinds are not band friendly ...even with no restriction!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 08:46 am

There you is you cheeky lil debil.... I was looking for you!

Good to hear that the detox has done some magic... I was reading about the salt water whoosh the other day... your a brave, brave woman... I dont think I have it in me... well Im sure I have it in me... I just dont know that I want to drink salt water to puuuuurge it out of me!

Its a tough decision the whole tight band thing isnt it... My doc does not allow a tight run band, prefering a wide range including veg and salad to be able to go down...not easy when you can get a shite load of everything else down as well as salad....lets face it if we could do this thing with out the restriction and just the mind set none of us would have needed the silicone gate keeper in the first place.

Anywhooooo.... more about this glorious holiday your going to embark on... or the one we shall talk you into.... I suggest a cruuuuuise. I am considering flying to Hawaii and floating round it myself next year... but a tour de row boat would definitely be considered around the tahitii islands too.... of course one could do fiji etc but I am leaning towards more exotic far aways at the moment.

The husband just nods dutifully and does the half interested eyebrow raise when I show him glossy web pages of smilling faces in floral shirts and palm trees in the background... little does he know he is being ambushed ...and I am taking 12 months to do it.

Soooo I think for you... a cruise would be perfect if you are travelling solo... The big however is my band doc is not in favour of cruises for the banded... though I think hawaii isnt too bad as it hugs the coast and is not out of hospital distance at any time.

So what you say my fine and bonny loosinit ...would you consider a tug boat tour... a weeeee seven seas folly...hmmmmmm... just think...you.. a cocktail in hand... a moo moo wrapped around your svelt self... adoring gentlemen battling for your eyelash batting gaze... a smorgasboard that you cant eat... sounds tempting dont it
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 03:48 am

Yeah - I'm here now. Just cooked a batch of decadent choc chip cookies and a rich dessert - most of which I will not indulge in myself. The cookies are a request from a friend who seems to have no inclination or desire or ability to make them (or anything else!) herself, and to quote "I love your cooking". The dessert will be taken to dinner at a friend's tonight, and I am hoping not to indulge, or if I do, only a very small sample. Old habits die hard, and it's a test of my willpower not to be taste testing along the way.

I am in a somewhat better place than I was a couple weeks ago. Five days clean (well, almost) on Lemon Detox has rid the body of some excess sponge (read: Michelin Man) and I am feeling just a little better. Add to that a decrease in the swelling of feet, ankles and legs, and I am going to try now to stay closer to a moderate diet. No promises, of course, but then I really only need to make promises to myself, no-one else. Time will tell. It's very much one day at a time, and sometimes an hour at a time.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend Lemon Detox to anyone, however, it is a great way for me to get a headstart on things. Harsh, but very effective.

I think I have enough protein shakes here of one variety or another to last me until . . . . . . . . . . . . well a long time anyway.

Almost 3 years since I undertook this path in life, and I guess I would do it again, just feel that I'm a lot more knowledgeable now than I was when I started out. Goes without saying I suppose. Wish I'd known then how hard the whole thing would be. Didn't seem so bad in the early stages when the weight was coming off fairly consistently. I often wonder how many long-term banders have the same struggles with trying to actually keep the weight off, without running the band so damn tight that they can hardly swallow anything. It's not an option I want to explore again.

So who's the odd one out in this thread? Have to be me, I reckon. Hmmmm - now what can I do about a holiday in the warmth?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 03:21 am

well as you know I have just toddled back from Port Dougie myself... awesom weather, friendly people...devine food. The break does the body and soul good does it not.

I also saw my band doc when I got back and he has now started to very slowly refill the band, however its much like the mushy stage and there is no restriction and loads of hunger still present... I am desperately trying to hang on to what ever shred of self control I have and eat with in restriction... so far so good... I am taking it one day at a time.

I am also looking into the whole candida diet thing... interestingly enough my weight gain...hunger and problems started after my tummy tuck and incidentely a blardy good dose of antibiotics. In my wanderings I have found that all the symptoms from weight gain...hunger... cravings ...body aches etc fall into the candita albicans symptom list. It also would explain the inability to lose the gained weight even though I am doing everything by the book.

Today I sit at 80 kilos.. I admit this in writting so to explain my distress at this stage... I am gaining on approximately 1/2cup of low carb foods per meal ( three times a day).... all consumed with out fluids and chewed to liquid before tossing down the hatch

I know there is some correlation between pressure of the band on the belly and the kicking up of the metabolism so I also hope that with the band getting tighter ( though never as tight as it ever was) it will help to get me back down... I also accept that it may not and I will be what I be....sad though that may well be what can one do about it.

Oh linda pinda what a tangled knotted net we cast those few years ago... and how hard it is to slide backwards ever so unwillingly into that dark over weight pit we clawed ourselves out of .......

Speaking of tight nit... where is Missy loosinit...hmmmmmmmmmm...come out come out where ever you is!!!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty25/05/11, 01:31 am

Hello

Reporting infrom the sunshine coast. Nice and sunny now. We have had some rain. I have eaten lots of fish and seafood. Looking forward to geting home to my little pussy cats though. We really miss them. Having lunch today at the boatshed. What a find that was.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty24/05/11, 09:43 am

I am over my tanty and I miss my june girls... so I am throwing open the windows and letting the curtains billow in the breeze.... the jug is on and I am drumming my fingers on the table waiting for my friends to come home
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty11/05/11, 08:29 am

Well the blarsted scales are back right up where they started from.so hoping its a monthly thing but I realy must get my but into gear and try and kick my body into platuing on a lesser number..
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty09/05/11, 07:37 pm

AusssieLapBandTalk was set up to provide a forum for advice and support for all people undergoing or thinking of undergoing lapband surgery. This involves people who are at all stages of the journey. It was born out of the frustrations experienced when a very established and very active & helpful forum at Yahoo was changed by Yahoo and a wealth of very valuable information that accumulated over many years was lost.

This site was developed to try to keep like-minded people together, to get support, and help. The 2008 Junies & Friends group are a group of people who have had the band for a long time. Their journey has not always been rosey. As bandits, we all need to know the potential pitfalls that can be experienced, at all stages of the band. Not everyone will have problems, just as the band is not for everyone. The message is though, that we should know about it. They have a wealth of experience...it is a case of "been there, done that" in many instances...

Reading this thread lately, I don't believe that anything the Junies have originally discussed was meant in a negative way. They were simply recounting their experiences, and perhaps regret, that not everyone will have a smooth journey....problems happen, for whatever reason, but we should be aware of that.

I think all should be aware that everyone is welcome to their opinion, and should in no way be attacked for it. I would suggest that if someone wishes to question someone's opinion, and get more information that may help them, that they contact that person privately.

For the moment, I would suggest that the Junies 2008 thread, whilst open to be read by all, be left for the Junies group, unless they would like to suggest otherwise?

I trust this will be the end of this discussion. I can be contacted privately if anyone wishes further input on this matter.

Beth

(edited to correct a typo!)

Last edited by Vogette on 17/05/11, 05:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty08/05/11, 02:00 am

Oh Zippy will miss your entries .

I like the 2008 Junies site and tones it almost like a comfortable pair of slippers,and a snuggly rug. Where I can get that " ya your not alone you silly bugger hug" at having found myself with weight back on.
The other titled sites goal weights ,nsv, ect seam to be so possative with people happerly achieving things more then not . dont get me wrong that is great, and helps me yern to be amongs it too. but its also nice to have anther site where you can say, well being back here sucks.
hope junies 2008 keeps on going, and not slip away into computer silance
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty07/05/11, 01:32 pm

I wont be posting in here anymore... I am afraid that when I was in the old forum I relished reading older bandits posts as it gave me a sence of reality and I knew that when things went wrong that I could turn to them for advice. I never ever post anything negative outsidet the June 2008 thread and everything that is posted in here relates directly to those who are 3 years or more banded not the newly banded.

I can not control what others read and I most certainly do not hijack their threads and dictate how and what they should write.

Linda... and loosinit I shall keep touch via email

to all the others I hope you have a wonderful journey and you fall into that 2 percentile that goes through banded life with no complications at all...
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty07/05/11, 11:57 am

failed today had a lyndal choc ball (given to me by hubby from his supply mine when on easter))didnt have the heart to tell him my 2n days goal. at least it was dark and dark suppose to be good for you !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty07/05/11, 11:51 am

Kirsten, that took some courage but you said it well. I hope everyone feels like they have had the chance to speak and be heard now.

Rosebud, my hat's off to you. I just ate three small chocolates...grrr. Still an improvement on the entire block of days gone by.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next