Losingit
Linda
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 10:40 am

yes I have had them in stirfry and in a soup and in spag bol... they have the same consistensy as rice noodles... or the 2 minute noodles.

Not quite pasta but for the cal and carb content they are pretty good.

They come packed in a little one serve plastic bag full of fishy smelling water ( which you rince off) I recon you would get 3 or 4 serves for a bandit out of 1 bag.

They are harder to chew than pasta.. if you have had rice noodles you know what I mean so I cut them roughly up before I put them in my bowl... Im not a good chewer, I am a lazy bandit.

worth a try I say..buy a small amount and see if you like them... I am also interested in the ones that look like rice
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 08:20 am

zippy have you had any noodles yet? If so what sauce did you have? Did you like them? You know we want details
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 02:13 am

Ohhh crap well yes I totally understand you not wanting to go there. I do know of another doctor in Melb who takes on other doctors patients. I can find out the name from someone I know who went there. Not sure if it worked though cos she has since gone on to be sleeved.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 02:00 am

Appreciate the suggestion, Linda - but I'm not sure I can go there. They flatly refused to band me several years ago, which is one of the reasons why I ended up going where I did. Could be interesting if I ended up seeing the surgeon who so upset me at the time.

I know others speak highly of the centre, but my experience there was less than satisfactory, especially given all the hype that accompanies any information from them. When I wrote a letter to them about my treatment there, I received no reply. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 01:08 am

Centre for Bariatric Surgery
22 The Avenue
Windsor VIC 3181
PH: +61 3 9520 9520
FAX: +61 3 9507 5093
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 01:04 am

Yeah losingit get a bit of fill. I know how you suffered with the gurgling etc. Every fill is different though. Maybe this one will work. Go up very slowly. I know you have never had the support of your doctor and I wonder if you could just start afresh at the alfred. Anyway the bariatic centre for obesity where prof o'brien is. They really chart your progress and it is a partnership for them. I rang them once to clarify something I read on the old forum and honestly the lady was so lovely. I don't get the support of my doctor either but yours is much worse. I know when I had fill out, how out of control I felt. I didn't think the band had much affect on my appetite but it does. It takes away that horrible hunger.

Why don't you give them a call. Tell them about the non support and how you struggled with gurgling etc. Tell them how unhappy and off track you are and you just want a supportive team. You are ready to start again but really need some support. Please do it you really need to get in check but it is lonely by yourself.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 12:31 am

loosingit maybe a tweek is what you need... I have found a different mindset this time.. maybe a more mature approach to the whole band thing... not that I didnt take it seriously before but I was kinda testing it out where now I know what it can and cant do ... I have put it through the mill and now I am ready to use it as its meant to be used.

Dont be embarrassed about going back...that doc has seen it and heard it all before...besides who gives a rats hemeroid about his opinion..we all have those.. just as long as he does something to help you
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 12:27 am

Yes its horrible Linda.. we had that happen a year ago and it is very sad.. I didnt want to get anymore chooks but we had one left.. a very old white girl ( so old she didnt lay any more and was missing feathers) who was very sad.. sounds silly but she litterally was depressed so we went out and got another batch of cacklers and she perked right up and lived very happy clucking about bum in the air searching for worms for another 8 months.

It seems such a waste to see strewn carcasses after a fox has been in... It would be bad enough if they just took what they needed but it is as if they get in the thrill of the moment and kill for the pleasure of it.

I love seeing the girls sail round the back yard and even better when one finds something and the rush is on across the yard to steal it from her... clucking..scratching and chasing moths they make me laugh and when I am sad they often cheer me up.....

So yes Linda I do understand how you feel about the loss of your ladies...
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 12:26 am

Linda how awful! Poor little chooks. Damn foxes - what purpose do they serve? I can understand not wanting to get any more birds. Why provide another feeding frenzy for the baskets?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 12:22 am

I'm quiet because I have nothing much to say. Just disgusted and disappointed with myself. Why burden anyone else with the ongoing negative thoughts and actions that seem to have become part of my being? I think I need shock therapy to get back on track. Nah - that'd probably just fry my brain (as though it's not fried already).

Contemplating if I should go back to the surgeon's and get some fill. I'd be embarrassed to do so, and I really don't think I could cope again with the gurgling and other issues I had when the band was tighter. As you know, I never had volume restriction, just a pain in the proverbial with eating and drinking. Once I ultimately got something down, it was just a free for all.

I know it's up to me what I put in my mouth. In the last 6 months those choices haven't exactly been ideal.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 12:18 am

Very sad here. Yesterday afternoon foxes came in broad daylight and killed 7 chooks. Well they left 5 bodies and took 2 away for take away. No little chookies left and no more fresh eggs. We didn't hear a thing. I am not getting any more chooks. I hate to see them killed like that. Very cold, grey and wet here. Might stay in by the fire!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty07/06/11, 12:14 am

best thing you can do in your situation is the five day pouch test rose... I found it helped me sooooo much.

Berry quiet in here ladies...is our little pingies frozen so we cant use the keyboard??
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty05/06/11, 04:24 pm

Wow thanks for the support ladies.
ok tomorrow I will get back into it. The kitchen renos are at a stage where real foods can be cooked again and no more take aways.
That first years were good the weight did come off without too much effort and still eating yoghurts, ice creams, chesses porridge .ect I realise now that the band was running too tight eating easy foods to go down but up in the calories So did not realy develope new healthy habits
The only possertive was how great I felt having lost that 20kg still needed to loose another 20kg to be in ideal weight. but i did feel energetic and alive.
Had fluid out to travel over seas. My god how great it was to be heartburn free and wam the joy of food returned. Didnt realy apreciate food before banding eating more out of boardom /. habbit/.
So back up the weight went to that point where I was again uncomfortable lithargic and blar

so christmas time all gun hoe to get back in weght loss mode and put fluid back in the band only this time weight is not comming off .Doc not happy with heartburn so had berium swollow and found i now have medicaly good restriction for band but not the restrictive barrier it once was to foods
well wishing it away is not getting me any where, so I have to switch the mind set into gear and make the effort and find the time for me to do what I have to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty04/06/11, 07:11 pm

rose bud wrote:
Not in the right mind set to get motivated . a bit of a fraud comming on to the site at the moment but will get my stuff together soon.
Nah!... You're great value Rose bud! Always posting about the ups and downs in your banded day-to-day, with good will and no pretense. What could be more real?

This site isn't about being infallible... that would be utterly pointless.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty04/06/11, 04:20 am

All I can say is . . . . . if a fraud is someone who has fallen by the wayside with banding, then I am the biggest fraud of all! Rose bud - you will have read here about our ('our' meaning the long-term banders on this thread) struggles with keeping on track. It all seems so wonderful in the early stages, well for most of us anyway.

I can only speak for myself now, but having lost close to 100kgs, you'd reckon I might have some knowledge of what to do and how to achieve success. I have NEVER taken it for granted that this would be the last time I lose weight, and keep it off forever. I think I am reasonably qualified to suggest that it is an ongoing challenge, and one we will have for life. All the hype that got me excited in the early days has long passed, and I know it's just damn hard work and vigilance that keeps the weight off.

I don't think it hurts for people to hear/read the reality of what it's like once the 'honeymoon' phase has passed. I heard about the 18 month/2 year period that Zippy mentioned, and did my utmost to get the bulk of my weight off in that timeframe. Yes, that part worked, but I now face the reality of trying to KEEP if off, which has always been the challenge.

You and I, like most people here, know exactly what we need to, and have to do, to keep the weight off. It's not new to me, I've always known the theory . . . . . . . . . the hardest part is putting it into practice.

I'm sure there will come a point where it just all clicks again, and we both get back on track. What it's going to take for that to happen, I'm not sure. However, if we lose faith that we can right things for ourselves, then this whole process has just been a big waste of time. I'm not prepared to give up on myself just yet. . . . . . . though of course I make no promises to anyone else about how long it will take me to achieve what I set out to achieve.

You can do it, Rose bud. I always say that we have to lose weight for ourselves, no-one else. Sure, it's nice to get the approval of others, and the compliments, but unless we are doing it for ourselves, there really isn't a lot of point. We are the only ones who have to live with ourselves for the rest of our lives!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty04/06/11, 02:09 am

Rose bud no one is a fraud on this path.. its hard.. harder than I ever thought it would be and I am still dieting ... a process I had hoped to ditch ( the constant looking for something that will work and keep the weight off type of diet) when I got the band.

I think that down the track as we Junies are the process changes and we no longer live in that honey moon phase... I was told that there is a window of 18 months to 2 years and then its hard work or a slide backwards... and from those long termers I have spoken to it is the case... it definitely is for me.

Dont beat yourself up... its easy to reach for the chocolate etc...after time we burn out somewhat on the foods we are supposed to eat and start to want to eat like everyone else...this is when you have to reset yourself...like with the pouch test..

I would suggest that you try the pouch test to see if you cant get your head back in the game.

But please dont think your a failure or need to stop coming here ...in fact its times like this that you need to come in and bounce it off the walls with people who understand
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 10:54 pm

Rose-Bud you are not a fraud. We all have our bad moments.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 05:47 pm

Zippy I must protest.(said with a jest and laughter) all I can See is BOX OF CHOCOLATE
the rest is just a blur of black ink.
I have fallen off the waggin big time a bad craving for sugar. monthlys ( who knew you can have you monthlies for weeks / months even well the cravings at least)and the craving is winning big time.
My matabolisim must be right down as the weight has shot up again in very little time and effort when I consider what I would have eaten before. Not in the right mind set to get motivated . a bit of a fraud comming on to the site at the moment but will get my stuff together soon.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 01:14 pm

Interesting I shall have a look... I dont need any now I just bought a box full but for my next order its a good deal
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 07:59 am

You can get 10% off the noodles by liking their facebook page. The code is FB10 enter that on the check out page.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 07:29 am

if I have chocolate in the house its got to be eaten... like loosinit it is my kryptonite...as are potato crisps... of course they are good company for each other and ususally the ingestion of one leads to the scarfing of the other
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 07:27 am

I ordered the angel hair and am quite impressed so far
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 07:09 am

which noodles did you order? Let us know how they go. It certainly looks interesting.

Losingit I am fine with chocolate. I have it in the house all the time and only ever eat it occasionally. I am happy with a few squares too. I bet you have wine in the house that doesn't call you too! If I am drinking wine I am not interested in chocolate. It is only when I am off it that I make a cup of cocoa and have some chocolate. We are funny creatures aren't we.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 06:38 am

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/index.html

There ya go... it took 3 days for them to be delivered
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty03/06/11, 06:32 am

How about a holiday losingit? Can you stretch to that?

What are these miracle noodles. I saw a promo but didn't see the show. Is there a website? I would like some of those for sure. I love to make prawn kwai teo ow. Not sure of the spelling and the most fattening thing is the rice noodles. Just got a walk in before the rain starts. Have done the bridge club banking so I am feeling very virtuous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next