Losingit
Linda
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty09/12/11, 03:28 am

yes i get the odd text or email from "chocky".. she is still doing well and added 2 grand babies to her brood. She has no issues with her band and has successfully managed to hold on to her goal weight... at least thats one of us.

I just had a small slice of ham off the bone, a circle of beetroot, a little slice of cheese and some fresh tomato off my dads tomato plants... OMG I forgot how good fresh marta was!

I could get to like this
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty09/12/11, 01:36 am

I met Leeanne in August last year when she was at Andrea's. I had gone to Hobart for my friend's 50th, and she lives just a few streets away from Andrea. You may recall when I was at my friend's the year before Andrea had actually pulled me up when I was out for a walk, just taking a guess that it was me.

No, I haven't heard from Leeanne at all since then. I do know she had put on some weight and was rather disappointed, but she may well have got back on track. Would be interesting to hear from some of the others, as you say, like Redders and Fancy and Brelly. Have you heard from Chocky at all? Didn't she have a tummy tuck?

Seems so long ago that we were all chatting away like there was no tomorrow. One by one they seemed to drop by the wayside, as I suppose they just got on with their lives and didn't feel the need for the forum any more.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty09/12/11, 12:36 am

Got the PM and sent a letter off to Marion...thanks Linda big hug for you...and good luck at hospital.

Loosinit Im glad to hear your swelling has subsided somewhat...And I wouldnt concern myself about the longevity of your band because yours has behaved much more than mine and given that you have been relatively symptom free from reflux etc I would say you will have a pretty good run.

I think I was just one of those people who drew the dodgy card. Linda has had her band much longer than ours and hers behaves quite well...so me thinks it was just me out here on me own.

I often wonder what happened to all our other band ladies... Redders etc. They were a lovely bunch of bags one and all....just a shame that yahoo ended the contact.

Having said that it is lovely here ...bright and breezy

Has anyone ever heard from Leeanne again...Loosinit did you have contact with her via your friend in Tassy, or do I have you mixed up with someone else
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty09/12/11, 12:02 am

Still rocking losingit.

Zips I have pm'd you marions email if you need it.

I am off to Geelong hospital now.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 11:38 pm

Good to have you back Zippy. I say go with the flow - if you're not up to going tomorrow, then I reckon you have every right just to opt out at the last minute.

I never used to think that lamb had a strong flavour, but having also relied on chicken a lot in the last few years, when I have attempted lamb, I have been surprised how strong the flavour is. Nothing like a chop from the barbie, but then what would you expect a farmer's daughter to say?

At least you now have the option of enjoying some things you haven't been able to for quite some time. You may find that the tastebuds have altered and things you enjoyed in the past just don't take your fancy any more. Regarding the chewing, I would imagine that it is so ingrained in us now that it just becomes habit. I know sometimes when I'm chewing I think it's probably not necessary to mulch it down so much, but then who wants a stuck episode?

Hopefully the pain and swelling will subside soon, and you can live like a normal person.

Having had my band a few days after you did, your situation has made me wonder what might be in store for me in the future. No use worrying about it, will face up to whatever happens when I need to. I'm almost convinced that it won't last another 10 years, so I suppose those earlier queries about how we will cope in the nursing home in old age are no longer relevant!

How are you doing, Linda?

I must say the swelling in feet, ankles and legs has to a great degree, subsided. Still have joint pain, but it is less than it was. I find it hard to be upright for more than a few hours, and of course all this bulk I am carrying is not helping. After a few hours on my feet I literally cannot stand any longer. I don't recall having these issues when I carried a lot of weight before, so I can only put it down to thyroid still not being right, and perhaps older age. Three of my colleagues who are of similar age have all said they started having multiple health issues almost as soon as they turned 50. I can relate to that. Don't understand how it is possible, but there you go.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 11:32 pm

From memory I thought once unbanded you had to gradually build up to proper food. I am not an expert on it though. I can give you Marions email address if you want it.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 10:49 pm

I rang the doc yesterday and he wants me to eat normally... the chops were tender but I think because I havent tasted lamb for such a long time it tasted so strong... For nearly 3 years I have lived off chicken which is pretty bland in flavour so me thinks the tastebuds need adjusting....however its not such a bad thing that I dont reaquire the flavour for foods..

I am seriously considering not going but will evaluate the situation fully tomorrow arvo. I am feeling much better today than yesterday so perhaps tomorrow I will be up for some time out of the house for an hour or two... there is always cheese cake and coffee.. not that I need to encourage that type of eating but if Im not really eating anything else then what the hell... once wont kill me.

Doc recons I should be able to eat normally by now... I think he underestimates the whole situation myslelf and I would love some advice from anyone else who has been debanded to know how the settling process works.

So far I have only come across people who have been debanded and rebanded in one hit... I coooould scout the sleeving forum in "from band to sleeve" they have all done 3 months debanded before sleeving so they could tell me ...but to be honest I cant be bothered...
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 10:41 pm

Jeez don't you think you might be overdoing it a bit. Chops? You will still be pretty swollen inside. As for going out tomorrow night. Let em all go. Get someone to use your ticket. You deserve to stay home and rest. I am sure your taste buds will readjust and in a few weeks you will be saying how it all tastes too bloody good and you want to keep eating. Maybe there are some "friends" you can do without!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 08:23 pm

well I tried my first meal on my list of meals I had missed last night...chops on the bbq and salad.... managed a 1/4 of a chop and about 2 fork fulls of salad and I gave up. Perhaps its the anasthetic but everything just tasted... I dont know...really strong. I just didnt like it so I didnt bother...couple that with the fact that Im just not hungry and who the hell needs a frigging sleeve.

Coffee on the other hand is awsom. I like a long black with a splash of milk... or an americana I beleive its called. Cant stomach a cappa or a latte because they are too milky but just a splas of milk and no sugar and OMG I have waited so long for it.

Needless to say I am living off the stuff till it too turns my stomach.

We are supposed to be going out to a tappas bar tomorrow night and watching a drag queen show... I had our places booked months ago and everyone else is really keen so I wont be the sucky one to say I dont feeeeeel like going....but I dont feeeeeel like going.

I dont think I will eat, the thought of anything with spices on it makes me feel yack and I just cant event think about grog. ... perhaps a nice cuppa maybe.

I wonder if eating on restriction for 3 and a half years has changed my palate, because all the things I thought I missed just dont taste the same as I remembered....oh and ladies thtat chew chew chew thing sticks. I am eating so slow, I am scared not to and here I was thinking I would shovel it down.

Its also weird how the enablers come out of the woodwork. I have a good friends who are desperately trying to encourage me to eat crap...even to the point of giving me a recipe for cheese cake blended into vanilla milkshake... I mean seriously I dont need that kind of encourage ment...

Anywho.. today is another day.. feel betterish than yesterday but I have to say the frigging port site is wicked sore...bastard is painful.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 07:57 pm

So glad to hear from you. Glad it went well. Now just rest up and don't rush around like a blue arse fly for xmas. We are off to Geelong for Alan to have day surgery on 5 skin cancers. They didn't want to leave it any later. Couodn't get it done in Ballarat as the surgeon was booked out and Geelong is his home base. I think I will have a bit of retail therapy while he is under.

Don't forget the heat pad for the shoulder tip pain and just sip some cold milk.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty08/12/11, 06:21 am

I back...sore belly and not in the mood for food but I back.

Eating does not thrill me at the moment and when I do small amounts give me a pain in the shoulder, under the rib cage and I feel over full. I am assuming this is due to swelling and will subside. Apart from that there is the sameish discomfort with as there was with putting the band in... a bit more bruising at the port site maybe which I have to say is the sorest of all the cuts.

Yes there was plenty of morphene and endone not to mention iv panadol...which is really good stuff and kicks quite a punch.

Liquids for the first two days but normal foods now...not that I want them but they are there if I do. I have had no reflux ( which the doc said may take a week or two to subside) so that is the one thing I am most grateful for.

He said there was only slight increase in pouch size and no slip and the band came out clean with minimal scaring. This he said makes me a good candidate for further banding or sleeving should I decide I cant carry the load on my own.

At the moment I feel awsomly free even with the pain of surgery and am wondering why the hell I suffered for so long before removing it. I have no regrets at all in having it out...none ...narda... zip.

The Nurse that used to work for my doc was working on the ward when I was wheeled in and she too has had her band removed.. she said it was a releif to get it out and was quite sour about the line she was fed to get the band in the first place. I wont repeat the things she told me about her research with other doctors etc as to the life span of a band because it will get me shot in here but lets just say "she aint happy" and advised me against the sleeve for various reasons of which I again wont go into here.

So there it is I am officially an exbandit...
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty06/12/11, 03:14 pm

I hope it all went well for you Zippy.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty06/12/11, 08:36 am

She will be home tomorrow. Have spoken to her, but don't want to steal her thunder. She is nauseous but fine.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty06/12/11, 07:42 am

I don't think so, Linda. I suspect it will be only overnight, although when she was banded she was there for two nights. I guess the wounds are similar, so maybe she won't be back until Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty06/12/11, 05:44 am

Did she say how long she would be in hospital?
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty06/12/11, 05:25 am

Ooh maybe she's lucky enough to have the Nurses bringing her regular Morphine shots.

T
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty06/12/11, 02:42 am

I reckon by now Zippy might be in the land of nod. Hopefully all went well and she is resting comfortably. S'pose there are wounds that need some care and she may be in some discomfort for a while but with a bit of luck all will heal well and she will be back on her feet in no time.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 08:49 pm

well I am showered, scrrubbed, hair washed and blow dried, legs shaved and dressed and bag packed waiting to leave shortly.

No water after 8.30 so I brushed my fangs extra early to make sure I didnt swallow anything...as it is the anesthetist was having some melt down about the chronic reflux as it made his job harder...well I am so sorry but thats why you charge so freaking much pal...

So thats it, this is my last few hours as a fellow bandit.

The hospital rang yesterday and asked if there were any special comments I wanted them to note down forthe surgeon... I just said get it out ....get it all out and dont leave anything in there... dont undo it and leave it dangling I want it all gone. If I want to be rebanded I will get a shiny new model.

I am weirded out by the stories of loose bands strangling your inner bits when they are floating free...probably a long shot but I dont want to be on a current afair any time soon.

I want to thank you all for being such good friends and supporters... especially Loosinit and Linda who have been at my side from day dot....and before during the opti stage pre band. None of this is easy for any of us and only a fool thinks that they will slide through the deal smiling the whole time... shit happens and thats when you truely know who cares about you... they listen tirelessly to you complain.. hold the hanky for you when you cry and slap you sharply up the back of the head when you are wallowing.... I have been blessed enough to find that in you girls.... I love you and appreciate you.

well thats me done...I am off now.. I will be thinking of you all even as I am sinking into that glorious warm black of the anesthetic....hugs to you all
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 10:26 am

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts and good wishes, it is much appreciated.

No linda there is no special diet after wards... just normal eating though I have researched this on many forums and it can take some time for the stomach to unfold so to speak... as if its kinked in the still banded shape so there is a mildish kind of restriction... I highly doubt this for me though... I recon I will be able to eat a mac truck with a kombi chaser.

I have to say I am getting quite excited about the concept of not being banded... perhaps all this non dairy thing will go away and the constipation will abait... I never had any problems prior to banding so I am hoping it is mearly the pressure of the port or band that is causing the slowing of the pipes.

I remember you having to blitz all your food Loosinit... it was a bad phase for you and if I remember rightly you had to eat standing up over the sink to get anything down.

Oh Linda how aweful to have that happen at bridge...well anywhere to be exact... It makes one query what we are doing to ourselves doesnt it, especially when the weight is going in the reverse. I have been pondering all I have been through in the past 2 years and I must have been freaking insane to think it was ok in the name of weightloss... or non weight loss for that matter.

*sigh* dont listen to me I am jaded at the moment and looking for reasons to accept being bandless. I think also all the protein drinks have rotted my brain and sent it all sour because I am not exactly Rebecca from sunny brook farm at the moment... More a sullen lump that emits a low ominous growl
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 07:50 am

Zippy,

I just wanted to pop in to wish you all the best for tomorrow.
Will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mwah
Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 05:21 am

How awful for you Linda. It makes it so obvious to others that something is wrong. That's the bit I always hate. Mind you, with the amount of fill I have in now I shouldn't get anything stuck, but it does still happen. What I can't believe is how I put up with substantially more fill for so long. No wonder I had to vitamize most of my meals. It was ridiculous. I recall blending veges with meat and adding some stock, and eating it with a spoon. How stupid. Who wants to live like that?

Zippy I hope it all goes smoothly for you tomorrow. The pork reminds me of Christmas two years ago when I think it took me a couple of hours to eat a small serving of roast pork and veges. Of course it was all totally cold by the time I got it down. You kind of lose all your enjoyment of food when that happens. No damn wonder I lost weight. Not prepared to put up with that sort of inconvenience any more.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 03:59 am

Good luck tomorrow. Do you have to be on liquids or anything after? Ohhh to eat something and not worry. We had a meeting on Thursday before bridge. It went rather long so we ate lunch as we talked. I had 1/2 chicken and mayo sandwich. I mustn't have concentrated because I threw up 4 times over the next 2 hours. I couldn't believe 1 slice of bread could last that long. It is pretty hard to go and throw up when you are playing bridge. My eyes get all watery and I look as if I have been crying. Mind you I felt like it.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 03:01 am

Hospital rang and I have to be there at 9 in the morning. Its an hour drive so we will leave here around 7.30 just in case there are road works.

I went to the freezer this morning Loosinit to get meat out for the fam members for tonight and sitting in the basket is a peice of pork begging to be baked... this is my first cab. I so love pork but its one of the meats my band will only tolerate small portions of before shutting down ( however the baked potates drowned in gravey slide down a treat) Aaaaarg to just have a whole slice of roast pork and not have it go down and feel the grappling hook snag in my throat.

Silly simple things I crave...like a sausage off the BBQ, another thing that would not slide on through but would lay in chunks for far too long in that garbage bucket of a gut of mine.

I think I am just looking forward to chewing something after all these shakes I have been living off... I still havent lost any weight by the way.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty05/12/11, 01:15 am

So Zip - are you going to be first cab off the rank tomorrow? I imagine the feelings are somewhat different to when you went in to have it placed three and a half years ago. Hope all goes well. I suppose it's a one night stay so perhaps we will hear from you on Wednesday.

Have you got a stock of the most wanted/missed items at home?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty01/12/11, 06:12 am

So true Loosinit my love... even with the band keeping the weight of is a struggle...but you know I attribute most of that to the fact that the foods that are easy to eat with the band and dont cause us pain are the very foods that are more likely to cause us the weight gain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next