HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How much weight should you be losing per week/month

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Losingit

Losingit

How much weight should you be losing per week/month Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much weight should you be losing per week/month   How much weight should you be losing per week/month Empty19/12/10, 03:55 am

It does depend on the individual, and by that I mean, if I was 10 kgs overweight, then 1 kg a week is probably unrealistic. When I was over 180kgs, I would have been really pissed off if I was putting in all that effort and only losing 1 kg a week. Now that I am around the 100kg mark, I still expect to lose around 1 kg per week, but my body has other ideas, no matter how much effort I exert.

What I'm trying to say is that it's all relative. At a much larger weight, 1 kg per week is not only possible, I think it's expected. The closer you are to goal, the less likely it is that you would be able to achieve such results.

I still find it interesting that many people are banded at a weight a lot less than I am now (and I feel like I'm almost there). Once again, I guess it's all relative.
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: How much weight should you be losing per week/month   How much weight should you be losing per week/month Empty19/12/10, 03:46 am

I think it depends on the individual. In the beginning I was losing a kilo a week. That was ok I think. I think eating healthily and exercising is the most important thing. Weight loss is the bonus that comes from that.

Sharon
Back to top Go down
noahdabear

noahdabear

PostSubject: Re: How much weight should you be losing per week/month   How much weight should you be losing per week/month Empty19/12/10, 03:45 am

my dr has said the same 1-2 a month , i average 0.8 a week but slow is better it gives the skin time to readjust too
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: How much weight should you be losing per week/month   How much weight should you be losing per week/month Empty19/12/10, 02:59 am

Hi everyone,

My doctor wants me to be losing between 1-2kgs per month. As I lost 2kgs in the last fortnight he almost wasn't going to give me another fill, until I made him see otherwise by telling him this was due not to restriction alone and I have been walking and doing aerobics. (FYI, most of the weight I've lost so far was in the first few weeks after banding, and for atleast the last 6 weeks I have either gained a small amount each fortnight or stayed the same)

At 1-2kgs per month, I will be going forever!!!!!! I would like 1kg per week atleast. Am I being unrealistic??? What do others doctors recommend?? I know it is healthier to lose weight slowly, but still????

I would love your feedback

Kirsten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much weight should you be losing per week/month   How much weight should you be losing per week/month Empty

Back to top Go down

How much weight should you be losing per week/month
Page 1 of 1