Linda
anewsharon
Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage

General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty12/03/11, 01:46 am

Hello all,
Does getting a fill hurt more than a regular needle?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty11/03/11, 08:33 pm

I think it also depends on how relaxed you are. If you forget to chew properly etc etc The band sure doesn't like left overs and we have a lot of left overs with our portion sizes LOL
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty11/03/11, 09:25 am

Hi westy...each day is different...some days I can eat a particular food, the next day, no way....some things I just cannot eat....like bread unless toasted, meat unless slow cooked...anything dry, or left overs.....I just take it as it comes now.....Chicken with gravy is ok.....Must have gravy......

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty11/03/11, 09:18 am

Minimetobe

Completely agree about the restriction thing.

I have 7 mls in, somedays no restriction at all, could eat heaps, and like tonight I had a piece of Chicken for dinner, and up she comes. So at the moment dont know how the restriction bit works.

Having another fill next week but dont want my head over the toilet everytime I eat, hope it gets better!!!!!!!!

lol
Westy
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty08/03/11, 11:43 am

Thanks for your input. I will look into buying one of her books . Need ll the help I can get at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty06/03/11, 09:17 pm

Yes I have only heard good things about her.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty06/03/11, 01:51 pm

I won a competition she ran aout 18 months ago and yes the books and dvd's are fantastic. I also had some phone sessions (I won all of this) and she is wonderful. I highly recommend her and her site.
She knows so much about lapbanding more then any one else that I have come across.
Delia

Last edited by Delia on 08/03/11, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty06/03/11, 12:14 pm

Hi again, just wondering if any of you ladies in Victoria have been to see Helen Bauzon (Dietitian) or read any of her books. I am thinking of buying one of her books. I've heard that she is pretty good with lap band clients.
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty02/03/11, 06:42 am

Thanks Linda for your support. The Dr added another .5 today bringing the total to 9ml. I go back in four weeks hopefully weighing less and feeling restriction. He said that if we are still not getting anywhere I may have to see the phyc and/or the dietitian. I think that is probably a good idea, but hopefully I don't waste another month, I was banded in Feb last year. I know that when I eat the wrong stuff I am only harming myself but most of the time that doesn't happen. Oh - and don't stress about it, he said!!!
He also mentioned possibly doing a barium meal (?) test to make sure everything is in order.
Any encouragement or information is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty01/03/11, 10:22 pm

It is amazing what a small amount of fill can make once you are close. I have 3.6mls in my band which holds 4mls. The difference between 3mls and 3.6mls is huge. Just tell your doctor how you are feeling and perhaps take a food diary with you. If you look at .6ml it is tiny but can make such a difference. Hang in there!

General  Random Questions - Page 18 579334
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty01/03/11, 01:27 pm

Hi everyone. I'm feeling a bit down mainly because I have been around the same weight for quite a few months. Up a little, down a little, then up again. Not much fun ! I now have 8 1/2 ml in my 10 ml band. I am seeing Dr tomorrow and hopefully will get some more fill, but last time he seemed to suggest that I should be almost there with the fills. However I am not feeling much restriction yet, just occasional. I know that everyone is different but it doesn't seem fair that some people are losing weight with a much smaller amount in their bands. What happens if I get up to the 10ml and still don't have restriction. ????
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty15/02/11, 10:37 am

Thanks guys.

Yep feeling sooooo much better now. The Maxalon was magic.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Tara
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty15/02/11, 09:58 am

OMG Tara - Hope you get well soon.

lol
Westy
General  Random Questions - Page 18 326109
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty14/02/11, 10:35 pm

Lucky you had the maxalon on hand.
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty14/02/11, 04:12 am

Oh no, I hope you start to feel better Tara
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty14/02/11, 01:06 am

So not a general question so much as a bit of a general sook.

Food poisoning is NOT a bandit's friend !!

Still can't exactly work out what it was that "got me" but thank goodness I had a Maxalon left from after the op, that at least stopped the wretching.

And today even water feels like I am drinking barbed wire.
Giggle - well that should keep the calories low eh.

Thanks for listening.
Tara
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 08:23 pm

My Nephew lives up there also....my heart goes out to them....it has been a terrible year for disasters....lets hope we can all get a reprieve from it all........
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 07:50 pm

rose bud wrote:
Sending good vibes and good luck for you easten staters . Hope its not as bad as the they think . Keep safe

My daughter and family live in Townsville. That had to evacuate but are all safe. They are not back home as there is no power. No power at his mother's either but they took a generator in so all the family is there. Their home is ok but big trees down lucky they crushed the fence not house or pool.
It could have been a lot worse my heart goes out to the small towns.
My daughter said she never wants to go through something like that again. The wind and noise sounded like the roof was lifting off. The windows moving in and out.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 08:11 am

Yeah Tanya, my head still calls the shots but the good thing is, is that my band control's my portions.

I do have much more self control these days so making the best choice is alot easier.
I'm no saint but know in myself when i've been bad so I make up for it either smashing myself at the gym or concentrating on my food choices better.

Its all a learning curve... its a balancing act!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 07:49 am

Thanks Westy, I appreciate that, it clears up the medicare question.

Donna, I eat sporadically, too much, and the wrong foods. Trifectaaa!.
I am sure that the surgery will make a difference but if I have learned anything from reading all of this stuff - it's that my head will still call the shots.

Back to top Go down
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 06:25 am

Hey Tanya,

You know, my food hasnt changed that much, i've always eaten healthy ish with the odd bad day here or there but who hasnt.
Its my portion size that was the problem I think, I love my food. I've cut right back on alcohol too, havent had a beer for over 12months now which has been very cleansing for me :)

I've always been one to excersise aswell so its not soo much of a life change for me. I'm just more motivated now because i've shrunk lol

The band has given my body the chance to match the efforts put in I guess :)

Cheers,
Donna
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 05:35 am

Hey Tanya

My Surgeon just Bulk Bills everything - so no out of pocket fees. Some Surgeons charge $150.00 and you have to cliam the Medicare difference, and some just include it in price of Surgery. So ever Surgeon is really different.

Westy
General  Random Questions - Page 18 11341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 05:01 am

Thanks Donna, ever helpful and full of good information .
Smile
It seems like you've really committed to exercise and good eating to get to where you want to be within a year. I hope I can do the same, I will try.
Back to top Go down
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 04:36 am

Hey Tanya,

In regards to your question about follow ups.
I think every doctor is different. Initially I was at the doc's every two weeks for fills and now that i'm steady I see him once a month.
Until I reach 'his' goal weight for me anyway. After that it will be once every 3-6 months or if I feel the need to see him.

All my follow up appointments etc are bulk billed so I dont have to worry about the cost, it was all inclusive with the fee that I paid to the surgeon.

For me, i'm now 10 months banded and am almost where I need to be if not there already so I think 18 months is pretty realistic.
That being said it will depend on you and how your band goes I guess.

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Donna

ps ( 27 days will fly by )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty03/02/11, 04:29 am

rose bud wrote:
Sending good vibes and good luck for you easten staters . Hope its not as bad as the they think . Keep safe

I spoke to friends in Townsville last night and today. They said that they had never seen anything like it and it is very messy but considering it was a catergory 5 cyclone (Tracey was a three, 5 is the worst possible) it is ok there. The poor people in Cardwell and Innisfail suffered the worst of it. But no fatalities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: