Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty15/01/11, 08:35 pm

Are you sure, Tanya? We can't get it back again if we delete it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty15/01/11, 09:36 am

Beth or Delia. Could you annihilate my Journal thread please? I tried it but it isn't for me. I talk enough about me, me, me as it is ;)
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty15/01/11, 12:59 am

We are fine thank you
Today is the first day I sweeped the floor and it did not feel damp.
It is just unbelievable what has happened in Qld.
In General Chat I have post a post about the auction on my blog.
Have a look if you get a chance and pass the word around.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Renae

Renae

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 01:51 pm

IT Is so hard to imagine what people are going through. I just hope people stay safe. It moves so fast it's unbelievable. Devastating to watch. Much worse to be there. My thoughts are with you all. I see Delia is in the middle of it all do we know if any of our other bandits may be in danger? Good luck Delia and stay safe.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 01:00 pm

My thoughts are with you and the others over east.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 12:56 pm

Our relation was found and was airlifted out. Such a relief.

Thank you for your messages. It is just unbelievable what has happened and now Brisbane and Ipswich will have devastation floods in the next couple of days.

If you would like to see it on video just type in Grantham floods and you will get it all.
There are 10 people now dead as a result and 78 missing and they are sure some of them have not made it. I was listening to a man talk tonight and he said he had 7 minutes to get his kids and get to the railway line. By the time he got there two minutes and it went from water on his feet to waist deep.

Thank you again for you thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 11:26 am

Delia I looked at the Grantham floods online to get a handle on what you were telling us but now I just don't know what to say. Let this be over soon.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 07:53 am

Well we are sending all our love and best wishes from SA xx
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 07:49 am

.Thanks Tarlee
I seem to be on the verge of tears a lot of the time with the feeling of useless for the people in so much loss.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 07:45 am

Oh Delia please stay safe we just feel so sorry for you up there. I just said to hubby I wonder how Delia is and I come on and you were here :) love to you all xx
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 07:41 am

.Hi Guys
We are in terrible floods. We are ok as we are up high but others are not. A member of our daughter’s husband’s family is missing in the Grantham disaster. Last contact with him was last night and no one knows if he tried to get back to Toowoomba or what?
So sad today with what is happening and what is going to happen in Ipswich and Brisbane. We had a bit of a slowing in the rain for a few hours this afternoon then down it came again. We live at the foothills of the Maleny ranges and it just dumps on our town. We have had about 30 inches in the last two days. Of course the reports do not say that much as they are taken on the coast. So many roads are cut and when it is high tide we cannot get out of our town.
If I do not post you know we have lost power.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty11/01/11, 04:52 am

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, and it's not lapband related really.

I hope all our Queensland people and those in NSW who are in the flood areas are safe and sound (and hopefully dry too). Terrible situation up that way. Stay safe everyone, and please don't take any risks, especially in vehicles. Just not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty04/01/11, 09:26 am

Thanks Delia I think my husband will enjoy putting it on for me lol. Also Delia I saw your before photo with your son you look absolutely wonderful before and after photos make me so excited about this operation :)
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty04/01/11, 08:54 am

Tarlee

That is the way I put my bra on...lol I have never in my life been able to do it up from the back. Wink

I think my husband did it up for me at first but for a couple of days I did not ware one.

The top cut is where they put the instrument in to pull back and hold your liver out of the way while operating. I think it is called a protractor???
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty04/01/11, 06:52 am

Thanks Sharon can always depend on ya lol. Might start practicing putting bras on the other way that's going to be weird after all these years lol. Coffee doesn't worry me and I do like a bit of tuna and cottage cheese together now I am drooling he he
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty04/01/11, 06:10 am

I try to answer both. I would say no about the skinny cappocino. Milk is has a lot of carbs and you are trying to eliminate them. Also coffee is not helpful I dont think. I seem to recall something about it. I dont drink it so didnt take a lot of notice. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. If you really need something it would be better to have protein such as some tuna. Any carb may kick you out of ketosis.

As for the bra question hopefully I am more qualified. Dr Wilson made 5 cuts on me. One of the small ones was in the centre of my stomach about 3/4 inch below the bra line. The others should be out of the way of your bras. The one in question is small and as he glues them it is not too bad. I put my bras on at the back so didnt have any problem but I am sure you will be ok.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty04/01/11, 06:06 am

Maybe ask the first question on the optifast thread.

I do that with my bras too. I don't think I wore one for the first week. I can't remember it being a problem. They really are tiny cuts except for the port which is usually lower.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty04/01/11, 05:51 am

Ok here are my two random questions for you to ponder on and hopefully advise me :) 1. If I get really hungry on Optifast and instead of eating something really bad could I treat myself to a skinny cappuccino?
2. I clip by bras at front and then swing them (not my boobs my bras) around to the back and put my arms in well anyway how in the hell do I do that with a stomach covered in stab wounds after operation?
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: One thousand posts   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty24/12/10, 10:35 am

I have just posted our 1000th post. I really enjoy this forum. I like its categories and how we can see if there is a new post.

Merry Christmas Banders and prospective banders. Wishing you all the best for the New Year.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty22/12/10, 04:05 pm

Zippy the recipe for the Cheese cake is in the recipe section.
Sorry been busy today and only getting around to doing all my computer work late tonight or should I say ealry morning.
You will love it and I have two frozen in the freezer for Christmas day.
Delia General  Random Questions - Page 20 Tree
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty22/12/10, 10:07 am

And a merry Christmas to you too Dee x
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty22/12/10, 09:32 am

No worries Tralee, all the best and merry christmas x
Dee
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty22/12/10, 09:23 am

Thanks dee Sharon has same dr as me so she filled me in on the bits. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty22/12/10, 09:18 am

Hi Tralee
, you should call and ask the surgeon, as every one is different. I was sewn from the inside so the scarring is minimal.
Hope this helps...
Dee
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty22/12/10, 06:38 am

Delia where did you post your cheesecake recipe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: