Linda
anewsharon
Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage

General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty03/02/11, 04:23 am

I got my bill today. Says on it that my follow up's are not covered by medicare but they are paid for, for 18 months, by the doctors fee.

Just wondering what happens after that? How much do you guys pay for follow ups?

Assuming things run fairly routinely, how often might I expect to go the docs each year from now? Roughly speaking...
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty02/02/11, 03:31 am

Sending good vibes and good luck for you easten staters . Hope its not as bad as the they think . Keep safe
Back to top Go down
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty27/01/11, 04:51 am

I know the answer most people are probably thinking is when your not hungry anymore.

The problem for me is that im rarely hungry therefore dont know when i'm not.

I eat now because I need fuel to survive especially with all the gym work that I do.
This is the reason i'm quite strict on portion control and I love food :) lol

Rose bud, I always know my band is there I make a conscience effort to acknowledge it otherwise I eat too fast etc and up she comes lol
You would think after 9 months I would know the rules but habits are hard to break.

I think my focus is on it more because i'm so close to my goal and the scales are moving ever so slow these days...

Cheers,
Donna
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty27/01/11, 04:31 am

That's a good question Donna!
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty27/01/11, 04:26 am

Iam running my band a little loose rather then tight at presant try to keep amount little on plate, but defininatly stop when I feel my stoamch /band ( any tightness, heaviness ect as normaly dont know its there).
Back to top Go down
littledoobz

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty27/01/11, 04:07 am

Ok here's a question....

How do you determine when you have had enough food at mealtime??

I'm interested to know peoples thoughts on this one.
I think this is one area I need to stop and really think about.
My portion control is very good and I stop when i'm finished... just wondering how everyone else knows when to stop?
What are the tell tale signs other than throwing it back up lol

Cheers,
Donna xo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty25/01/11, 01:11 pm

ThanksTara, I am so happy to hear that.

I'd hate to rise to the surface because the band has expanded into a life buoy ring - or constricted on the ocean floor and cut me a new stomach!
(That other stuff to do with repeat dives is about nasties building up in the blood).

My weight just makes diving (wearing a wetsuit) humiliating now. It would be cruel irony if the band prevented it later.
eyeroll

Ooooh! this banding thing just gets better and better...
pool

What is it that keeps you out of the water?
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty25/01/11, 12:30 pm

Tanya,

OOh great question!!

You can't get me in the water for love or money but there was a lady on the old yahoo forums that was right into Scuba diving.
And if I recall correctly the only controversy with that was that she did alot of dives in a short amount of time and some people disapproved (apparently it is bad) but she said she sailed through it - no band related dramas at all.

Tara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty25/01/11, 09:02 am

Next question, I think this one might be a bit of a long shot but...
Has anyone out there SCUBA dived after being banded? Did the depth pressure hurt or have an effect? There is some information online but not too much and it's something I would like to hear about first hand ( I'll ask my doctor too).
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty24/01/11, 05:08 am

Yes maxillon thanks for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty24/01/11, 02:15 am

Thanks Westy.
A hat and stockings you say ?

Well, colour me Liza! I'm ready...

Last edited by Tanya on 19/03/11, 06:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replace briken image link)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty24/01/11, 02:09 am

Thanks Linda.

I think you are talking about Maxillon? Stemetil is a good little friend to have too.

Last edited by Tanya on 24/01/11, 06:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty24/01/11, 01:59 am

That's funny Tracey, I'm sure he just thought you were conscientious.

That reminds me of a true story I read in a woman's magazine years ago-

An old dear went to see her gynecologist for a checkup . Before she left home she sprayed herself with 'feminine hygiene' spray. At the appointment her doctor told her 'Thanks, but next time don't go to so much trouble'. It wasn't until she got home that she realised what he meant - she had accidentally picked up the wrong can and sprayed herself with her granddaughters glitter hairspray.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty23/01/11, 09:03 pm

Westy I thought you wore hospital knickers too and I went and wore my sexiest but very very nice knickers and they said to leave my own *screams* on. as I was going to sleep I said to the nurse I have my best knickers on I wonder what dr Wilson thought lol
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty23/01/11, 08:39 pm

Hi Tanya

You can't afford to have serious vomiting. You need to get some anti vomit stuff into you. I can't remember the name. They can also give you an injection for it too I think. Serious vomiting can shift your band or cause a slip.

In one case though I have a friend who always said she didn't have restriction. Her doctor wouldn't give more fill. She got seriously pissed one night and threw up for 3 days. Instant restriction. When she asked her doctor he said that the band must have moved into the right place with all the vomitting.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty23/01/11, 10:40 am

Tanya

Theatre clothing most glamorous - hospital gown, glamourous hospital nickers, a hat and stockings.

lol
Westy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty23/01/11, 10:26 am

Thanks Losingit.
*ticks list*

I have another question -
What happens if you get gastro or food poisoning? How does your stomach handle serious vomiting if it has a restrictive band?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty22/01/11, 07:52 pm

Rose I religiously drink 3 litres of water a day, and it has not made a skerrick of difference to my fluid retention. I always thought that you retain fluid if you don't drink enough - but I don't think that applies in my case.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty22/01/11, 07:50 pm

Tanya,

You will probably be given a hospital gown, and perhaps a pair of disposable nickers. Other than that - nothing! Some surgeons will allow you to wear your own nickers, but they must be all cotton - no synthetic fibres. I know some people are in the gown only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty22/01/11, 02:24 pm

I have a question.
I haven't had surgery since I was 5y.o - what exactly do you wear into the theatre?

p.s Sorry I can't help with that one Rose bud.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty22/01/11, 01:25 pm

Thanks Losingit , Well I supose fifty is just around the courner. !!!!. Iam not making my water 2lt intake so I wonder if that plays a part.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty22/01/11, 07:51 am

I have no suggestions, Rose - but I suffer badly from swollen ankles and feet too, especially in the last 12 months. I do have varicose veins, but have had them for ages so don't believe they are the issue. When I saw the doctor he put it down to 'middle-aged women tend to retain fluid'! Yeah - thanks - great help, but doesn't really solve the issue. I take a diuretic, and even with that the swelling persists.

I'll be interested to see if someone sheds some light on this for both of us.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty22/01/11, 07:35 am

Hi does any one have hints on how to minimise fluid retension Its mainly the legs and feet. I had an ulta sound on them no vargacey vains .I am not walking as much as I was and its more prominent in the heat. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty16/01/11, 05:02 am

OK, Tanya - it is done...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty16/01/11, 01:20 am

Yes, that's fine.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: