Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty21/03/12, 12:16 am

Val just rang again to update how she felt this morning and she sounds brilliant. Still no pain or stiffness.. less pain than the band she said. She is walking around and has showered and wants to go home cos she feels stupid being in hospital. I am so happy for her.

I am going to cement myself in while in hospital...lots of comforting morphein... electric bed (the hospital I stay at has the most comfortable beds and pillows) tv with me in charge of the remote...no one stinking out the bathroom before I get to go..and best of all, no house work and snoozing is manditory....

Whats not to love huh???
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 08:53 pm

Only a couple more leepies for me. Not thinking about it too much... still sucking down opti...veg soup..jelly and the bars. I do sub out some of the "be good to yourself" shakes and bars because they are lower in fat, carbs and cals....but the big kicker is they taste so much better.

I have really come to look forward to my jelly at night its weird because I have as mentioned before always hated the stuff but at the moment its my treat.

The only thing I really get head up over is Peanut butter and do, every couple of days allow myself a flat teaspoon full to lick as sumpin a little speshul. I figure I am cutting back anyway with the be good products so it evens out.

Could be a whole lot worse, most of the women on my thread cheat monumentously every day. I have even started liking black decaf coffee....though I plan on the weekend to have a cuppa tea with some milk...I do miss that.

Seriously how sad is it that something so simple as a basic cup of tea with a splash of milk and no sugar is out of bounds....meh it is what it is I suppose.

Hubby has been evacuated from the mines up north due to the flooding so will be home a week earlier... so thats a nice bonus...it means he will be able to take me to hospital now and will get to see me before the op in case I cark... pfft like Id give him the pleasure!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 09:12 am

Yes its a standard 3 to 4 days for everyone.

westy just rang me and she sounds fabulous... she is up walking to the toilet on her own and drinking water with gurgles.... no pain just a sore throat from the bougie tube.

She said she feels fantastic and had the best sleep all day and has woken up feeling normal but just a little post aneasthetic washed out.

So great news. We were both thinking it would be rougher for exbandits...although my doc said that cos i am having a hiatus hernia repair done I will be a bit more rugged than a straight sleeve....of course pffft
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 08:48 am

Well if shock is a factor, I've certainly had my share too!

Good news on Westy. Hope she continues to do well.

Sooooo - are you gonna be in hospital for a few days? I know you have an hour's drive so I'm thinking you won't be going home the day after op. Sounds like you're super-organised. I'm just wondering how long it will be before we get any news from you.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 08:11 am

Oh dear I forgot.. Our Westy (Val) was sleeved today... she was first cab off the rank this morning... she was very nervous... It has just been posted on the site by a lady who was sleeved next after Val that the doctor told her Val was doing well.

SO here is cheers to our Westy...may your sleeve stay small and you ass smaller....cheers!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 08:09 am

ahhhhh shock...thats it... it would be the time I stepped on the scales after christmas when the band was out... Freaking shock... I was gob smacked
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 07:30 am

I always thought it was an old wives tale that a shock (not electrical, just a life shock) could turn your hair grey. Having seen it happen to a few people, who are way out from 'old age grey', I now believe it.

I don't really know what colour mine is. I've had colour put in it for years, but I know it's very grey around the ears (I have short hair). When I suggested to the hairdresser a few years ago that maybe we could give the colour a miss this time, he said 'you do realise you're completely grey'. Um, no - I didn't. Maybe I'll decline the colour next time and see how I look with grey hair. Depending on the hue, I think it can look quite distinguished.

Hmmmmmmm - if that's the case, it'll be the only bit of me that's distinguished.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 06:58 am

I think the color you have in your picture is lovely Linda.. very soft. If mine looked like that I would be happy but mine is snow white... and Im not 50 yet. And I really dont have the coloring for it. My eyebrows are still as black as pitch.

Dunno what the frig went wrong there but I gots me snow on the roof top.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 06:51 am

It is Tuesday the 27th... and yes it is all consuming to organize for. Not only do I have to arrange my stuff but I have to shop and put things in place for the house to keep running while Im out of commission....adult kids I hear you say...can they not do all that.... why yes, I say but they bloody well wont.

Its just easier this way, besides I am a bit of a control freak and if I dont organise it all to be done the way I want it done.... I will have an absolute spitter when I get home.

Oh I washed the wee fluffy white hounds this afternoon... so I can cross that off my list too
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 05:14 am

Sounds like you are planning a bloody wedding !!!!!!!!

Now remind me again when is the big day? 26 March?

I would love to go grey all over. Around my face I really like the colour and if it was that colour all over I would gladly do it. Nah it is bloody dark on top.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 04:27 am

Aint that the truth Rose.

Thanks girls, I have felt out of step with the whole thing till now but I have finally let go of my band mind as of speaking to the doctor yesterday.... I was just one of those ones it malfunctioned on, end of story.

I hope your friend does well with the sleeve Delia.

Loosinit... he says I should lose the excess in that time and that is all well and good but as we all know its the keeping off what you have lost that is the hard part. This shall be the biggest test for me...but I will have to wait a while before I will make comment.

I got my hair done this morning and it looks much the same except with out a grey stripe. I am tempted to let it go naturally grey but just cant find the right frame of mind to do it. I also got my bloods done... near peed myself (all the bloody liquids I am consuming) so I had to rush off to the La La.. blood lady thought it was funny...I thought it was a necessity.

I think I have everything organise and if I dont I shall just wing it. I was over prepared for the band and this time I am probably guilty of being under prepared. I have made soups but in smaller quantities (yes there is a stash of tomatoe...baked bean and cheese soup in the freezer Loosinit) all frozen in indovidual portions... I have cuppa soups.. and some opti, I should get apple juice but the carbs scare me in it.

All I think I have to do is my nails, cos I wont be doing them for a while after and Im done. I am also tempted to go back to bare nails but its the one glamourous thing I do for me so I think I will keep them
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty20/03/12, 12:03 am

gee one half of a person wants to feel full the other half wasnt to feel empty lol
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 11:55 pm

Amen to that, Linda. You see even Zippy's statement about losing 20kg in such a short time has me almost lining up for surgery . . . . . . . . but not quite. In fact my current level of cover wouldn't pay for my surgery now, I was one of the lucky ones who scraped in on a basic cover for banding, but now that the health funds have all changed their criteria, I wouldn't get anything back. Well, I guess hospital accommodation might be covered, just not surgery.

Will be waiting with bated breath to see how things transpire.

Glad you have some relief, Zip. I know even when I've been bunged up for a few days, the relief and feeling of emptiness is extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 10:57 pm

I have just spoken to a friend who was banded the same time as I was and she has had her band out last week. Our Dr is going to sleeve her in a few months time.

She had always had trouble with the bands and it appears that her body just rejects it.

She exercises her butt off and only ever lost a few kg and did stick to very little food. I used to feel so sorry for her. She is a ball of muscle not flabby at all.

So we will see how it goes with the sleeve for her.

Glad the concrete moved nothing worse.

Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 09:59 pm

It all sounds promising with the doc. We are all with you through this procedure. You are our forward scout.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 09:57 pm

Took some coloxyl with sienna which did indeed move the blockade... have now upped water and benefibre but will keep taking coloxyl but the one with out the sienna to keep everything out of the concrete zone...

Will see if it works I spose
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 09:48 pm

Had any action zips?
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 09:08 pm

got through the night with out going to the pantry for a teaspoon of p and b weighed this morning and I started at 89.9 on the 13th... today...85.9..yehaaaaa biatches... I cant tell you how releived I am.

After seeing doc yesterday I am soooooooooo relieved and feel some hope. He was very posative that this was the right thing to do ( which for him is saying a lot) and he put me on Nexium to get a weeks jump start on the reflux meds to quell my tanty about the possability of getting acid (common in the first 6 months due to the healing etc).

I booked in at the hospital and have to go back on monday to get measured for the lovely TEDS stockings... God I love those things, they make my legs look so chunky and short.

Doc said op will cost me about 3 grand including anaesthetic out of pocket, he stated that the staple thingies they use are quite expensive and that he is going to have a look at the provider numbers and see if he cant throw in a few more to my fund so I can claim more back. he appologised and said he is bulk billing his work but cant do anything about the other stuff other than try and fiddle with the provider numbers.

I am happy with that...be nice if it were cheaper but some on the thread are 5 grand or more out of pocket so I will take what I am offered. I also found how humbled and appologetic he was about the cost endearing... but then this is his third dig in my wallet.

He also said that my notes on my band removal state I have a hiatus hearnia which he will fix this time too... he said it will increase the pain in the op but I have to get it repaired or the sleeve wont work properly... So it seems its all happening for me

Off to the hair dooer today to get the grey recovered and get a trim. I havent told anyone I am getting surgery so hopefully by the time I go back next time the hair fall from the anaesthetic will have stopped. Last time the hairdresser was shocked at what was coming out and suggested I go to the doc for tests so I told her I had had an op and it opened up the door for uncomfortable questions. SO I will try getting it done now prior and hopefully I can hang out till the molt has stopped when I get it done again.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 12:32 pm

Dammit... now I am hankering for P and B
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 12:24 pm

Trust me Tara... Im so backed up blowing my brain out with that stuff is a real threat.

OMG I love american candy...personal fav's..red vines... reeces peanut butter cups and butterfingers... gotta love high fructose corn syrup, and the Americans ability to combine it into already fattening foods.... God Bless Ameria!

Best Gosh darn thing I have ever tasted was a chocolate and peanut butter thick shake in Vegas... *droool* I just gained 7 kilos thinking about it
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 11:03 am

Oh Losin it - you are on fire tonight !!! (The full of crap line was just begging to be said.)

As are you Zippsta - Opti bricks, thank goodness I am actually sitting on the floor cos I woulda fallen off the lounge.

And stop it, NOW I WANT BOTOX TOO !!!!

I also wouldn't mind the 20 kgs lost in a month but as you are doing all the work I shalt not covet thy prospective lost kilos.

Especially if I admitted to just how much "candy" I have ordered from the States.

May your Coloxyl be bum blowingly effective. (Was gunna say mind blowingly but seriously what's the point in that.)

Mwah ladies,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 10:35 am

Sounds like a promising outcome - on both fronts (or perhaps a 'rear', as the case may be).
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 10:29 am

Oh hardy har har... how funny thou art...pfft I went to the chemist today and bought industrial strength coloxyl...that should blow a hole in the dam.

Ooooooo Rose that story doesnt sound like it has a good ending!

Got me botox... saw the doc... he was very excited and has given me hope...said the weightloss will be much quicker than with the band and I should be able to drop the 20 kilos in the month....awesom! then all I have to do is keep it off.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 06:40 am

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 253309 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 253309 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 253309 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 253309 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 253309 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 253309
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty19/03/12, 05:59 am

I always thought you were full of crap, Zippy - now you have confirmed it!

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 510768
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next