Linda
Delia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 08:06 pm

What do you mean banan lollies arent fruit...thats bullshit! Buggar now all I have left is pineapple chunks...

5 years is about right if your in that band of statistics (according to my doc). He said you have to consider, if you are a realist, that the band will need renewing each five years... bit expensive for me... so sleeve it is or get fat again. Of course that is not everyone but it is a high chance.

As for cost, my doc bulk billed the band removal ( gas man cost 1000).. the sleeve also will be bulk billed (gas man will be bout the same) and my hospital is all covered by health fund. I am a repeat customer, so I get bulk billed. Most of the ladies on the sleeve thread who are band converts and use the same doc as they have used all along with the band, get the same deal. So it may be more affordable if you come to that decision than you think.

Sooooo your in for the optispew huh.. awsom now I have someone to share my torture with .

Sadly Im three opti and a cup of salad, no fruit or tea or coffee and no milk...dont get better than that do it.

I like how your mind works Tara, its beautiful truely beautiful. Tantrums as exercise... nice very, nice!

I tried a clean opti yesterday and managed it just as a tester...but man I was a nasty bitch. I near took everyones head off at the near movement of their mouth by the end of the night. They only had to look at me as if they would pose a question and I was like WHAT!!!!... What frig do you want nooooow!!!!!!!!

The resulting reaction was for them to slink away tail between the legs.... so starting tuesday they will be in a living hell and I am the gate keeper!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 12:23 pm

FARK -- I just lost a long reply too - what the hell is with that ???????
Is there anyway of saving messages half way thru ?

Crap so what was I saying ??

Do-dah,

Thank you for coming in here and letting us see a bit of what the transition from band to sleeve is.
Especially as I reckon (personal opinion only people - from research I've done on 5 year+ band life .. it really ain't pretty) that most of us will end up with a band that does not work correctly anymore, or a slip (or 2) or ultimately band removal.
So me, I too would go over to a sleeve. Saving for that already..just incase. Ugh.

As for the Optispew tanties - go hard I say ! I too plan on being on the floor arms and legs flailing (ooh is that exercise?) in a fully fledged sook with snot coming out of my nose, the whole nine yards (more exercise woo hoo) !!

Losin It,

I say please come join us. As any Man will attest (ba ha ha ) 3 b*itching, whinging women are always better than 2 !!!

You could tailor the plan to yourself.
I plan on doing the Opti plus vegie juices and maybe eating some real fruit (apparently those Banana shaped lollies don't count as fruit.) and maybe even some yoghurt as a "treat". As long as I can stay under the 1000 cals per day.

So once past the horrid jittery, noisy head detox few days - it should be okay (hahaha yep I just said that out loud ; you may throw that one back at me when required!)

ONWARD !!!!!!! (with a quick trip past the pantry.)

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 06:52 am

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334 2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 579334

You crack me up
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 06:38 am

Loosinit, I know where your coming from... opti-chunk is not for the faint hearted and one has to be under the threat of surgery or desperate to shift some kilos. I usually dont last when I start but as you know I am a stubourn basket and will stick to this like glue ( I hope)

Tonight we are having chinese...the husband is back after three weeks and thinks he is in a romantic mood.. I figure if I fill him with chinese and enough beer he will be asleep by 7.30... and my work is done.

He is taking me away for the weekend for some alone time... I am pretty excited... I love eating in restaurnants... he said to me today... "lubby I cant wait till we go away" I said "yeah yeah me too, I would kill for a good feed of fish and chips" ... he said... " what about me" I said..."you can have some too"

It wasnt till I got off the phone I realised what he was alluding too... *sigh* food is my life!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 06:32 am

You know I have been kha khaing myself over the op and the waking up in pain. On the thread we have had 2 ladies come back on the page,one of them hours after waking up and the other the next day. Both are up showering and walking around and not bothering with pain killers

Shite when I had the band removed I was hurting... I was up and about but with the aid of drugs...gotta lurve the pethadine! Anywho I am feeling better about that part.

Been stalking ( doesnt sound like me at all) the months before me and it seems pretty typical to be good to go pretty quick.... shoulder tip pain seems to be the worst of it for most.

We have 33 people that have joined the thread being sleeved in March...there are a few floating around outside it also being done in march that have not popped into the thread.

with odds like that can you imagine in a year... or maybe 2 years how many people have been sleeved.. looking at those stats over 5 years or more and thats massive.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 06:24 am

Ok - so I just wrote a post and lost it - gee I hate that.

I was saying how much I liked your post, Tara - being that we Junies are nothing if not honest and down-to-earth. Just say it like it is, no embellishments or bullsh*t necessary. Anyway, thank you for your honesty, it goes to show that it's not all beer and skittles with the band, and we still have to make the right choices.

By the way, if we were having a chocolate-fest, and there was a competition as to who could eat the most in the shortest time, I reckon I could give you a run for your money. No, that's not true - I'm lying - I would beat you hands down! hehehe

When I got into bed last night, for a millisecond I considered doing Opti with Zippy, mainly to keep her company, but also to shift a few kgs. Tara you have made me feel somewhat guilty, and I am not really in the right frame of mind to so do, but I suppose I should just face up to the inevitable and make a start. Normally if I am not in the 'go-go-go' frame of mind, the impetus only lasts a week or two, and then I fall badly off the wagon. maybe I can surprise myself and it will enthuse me to continue (and pigs might fly).

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 06:20 am

Absa-bloody-lutely Tara... I will relish the company... I will warn you I do tend to complain and throw myself on the floor in an ugly display of snot and tears through these things so do be prepared.

Zippy does not like to be inconvenience.

Most of the ladies on the sleever thread are ripping it on the opti and losing a kilo a day.. bloody awesom... I however doubt I will because the band has pretty much farked my metabolism...but we shall give it a burl

So your on baby...March 13... bulk up now because this is gonna be a marathon effort... flack jacket, knee guards and face helmet optional for mega tantrum throwing.

Oh and you are welcome in here anytime... tecnically Im not allowed in here anymore because Im a traitor... dirty, low down exbandit pre sleever that I am...but they is kind and they lets me in.

SO...Prepare thyself woman and guard thy loins cos the opti-arse is comin
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 05:41 am

Zippy,

I am gunna do Optispew with you.

(Now that's a big, bold statement there Tara, & yep I scared myself a bit saying it out loud but it MUST be done.)
Why .....
Cos I am a big fat b*stard !! YEP !

Who woulda thought living on chocolate, cheezels and ice coffee milk for 2 months whilst ignoring the scales would make one's weight balloon.

I jumped on the scales the other day and was horrified to see that I had gained um gosh I dunno like 5-ish kilos. Shudder. So I KNOW I need to change but just don't quite have it in my tank as yet.

So 4 days till the 13th. Just long enough to psych myself up (and consume 15 last blocks of chocolate!) LOL
I AM IN !!!!!! I can, I will. (if that's okay with you?)

PS - Junies - sorry I hijacked your thread for my little fatty confession.

Thanks and see ya on the 13th -- woo hoo (I faked that woo hoo).

2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 326109
Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty08/03/12, 01:39 am

Well my house work is done and the house smells lovely thanks to my homemade fabric and air freshener...and wood polish...all lavendery fresh! I love it when the house is spick and sparkly
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty07/03/12, 04:02 am

Thank you Linda... My junies are always there when we need em... even if its to smack you in the head.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty07/03/12, 12:48 am

Yes but you are in no mans land and you know it. Once the 2 week period of optispew starts there will be no stopping you.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty07/03/12, 12:41 am

yes I showed 2 blocks of chocolate how determined I was on the weekend
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty06/03/12, 10:27 pm

Zippy you have made your decision and thoroughly researched it. I can't imagine life without a band. I know what it was like only half full. We don't have an off switch! I am sure once you get to the time where you have to start you will knuckle down and follow it through. You are one determined lady once you get going.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty06/03/12, 03:40 pm

Yes genes play such a big part in it all.
I wish DR and people would realize this more.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty06/03/12, 12:52 pm

I dont officially start till the 13th which is the day after my birthday....yay for that. But I have been sticking to it most days just so my weight doesnt go up any more than it has. I cant be arsed doing it full time at the moment. I have just done nearly 4 years of forced anorexia and reflux every time I ate anything so its kinda nice to be have things I like at the moment... its a much needed break so to speak.

I have had huge blow outs and made a bloody gutz of myslelf I will be the first to stand up and take it on the chin but if I wasnt I wouldnt need to back up for more surgery.

I am going back and forth in my head but when I stand in front of the mirror in the morning...nakey like God made me, I know why I have to do this and its for more than vein reasons... I was a type two diabetic with stressed kidneys and high blood pressure when I had the weight on... so that alone sways me.

Bah... bloody bad genes!
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty06/03/12, 04:12 am

So zippy are ya on your optispew now?
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty05/03/12, 09:44 am

Yes that is good.
I made some muffins with cinnamon and ginger and they were nice.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   2008 Junies and Friends - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40