HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Removal and Replacement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Removal and Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty03/02/12, 09:40 pm

Hope you are felling as good as new in no time with a new improved band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty03/02/12, 01:03 pm

Best wishes to get you back on your feet asap Lily.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty03/02/12, 04:58 am

I am sure it will. It is just a pain in the butt starting the liquids mushie stages again.
You will be ok in no time at all.

Last edited by Delia on 04/02/12, 01:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
shrinkinglily

shrinkinglily

PostSubject: Home again   Removal and Replacement Empty03/02/12, 04:43 am

So I am home sore and sorry for myself but band number 2 is now in. I was walking around afterwards and basically all night. Today I am a lot sorer than yesterday but it is nice to be home. Back to basics here with icypoles, custard and broth.

Thanks for the messages of support they mean a bunch. It was challenging to go through this time as the lady in the room opposite me was getting hers out and not replaced. It made me second guess but I just need to move forward and hope this band heals and works even better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty29/01/12, 12:14 pm

Lily I have had 4 ops and I felt they got better each time. The last one I was walking down the hall at night. Not with pain just feeling so active. I am lucky I have not pain with them. Tender in the cut area but not pain.
I had this thought I am not going to be stuck in the bed so I walked.lol The nurses told the doctor that I was up waling all night so he said I could go home early morning.
Delia
Back to top Go down
shrinkinglily

shrinkinglily

PostSubject: Thanks   Removal and Replacement Empty29/01/12, 10:17 am

I am just always hungry. I cannot believe the difference it seems to make. I never get full now. I am starting to get nervous re surgery. I was a mess pre the first surgery and the pain of it all is a distant memory and now to do it all again with from what I have read possibly more pain is all a bit much!
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty29/01/12, 12:20 am

STOP Lily

You don't have to go eating everything. You have done so well don't forget about it all. I had 8 months at a time with no fill and no band for 5 weeks. I did not put on in that time. (I did after I lost all faith after my problems with the band but have pulled it back in and am doing fine again)

I would wake each morning and tell myself that regardless if the band is in or out I still only have to eat the same amount as I did with it in.

I still used my small plates and dishes and made sure I only ate the one serving.

I know we all have days when we can eat a lot more then what we should but pull it in now after a couple of day and no damage will be done.

I feel you are right in going back on to the opti. After a couple of days the craving will be gone doing this.
Remember at the moment the gain would be mostly fluid but in a few days it will be permanent weight gain if you keep eating,

You know what to do and are doing it.

Delia
Back to top Go down
shrinkinglily

shrinkinglily

PostSubject: replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty28/01/12, 10:29 am

Hey, Thanks for the responses.
I cannot believe how fast I am putting weight on with it not working. I can't really put it off I travel for a living with work so no time will be great.
Tomorrow I am going to drop to low carb ala optifast diet pre surgery, dr says I don't have to but I need to get some control in my life right now. My love affair with peanut butter toast has returned with a vengence. It is amazing how the mind suddenly knows all those taboo foods are now allowed.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty27/01/12, 09:39 pm

I know it sux but at least it is the band leaking. Quite often it is a problem with our bodies and they remove the band and let things rest for 6 months and then get a new one. At least you can get it all done in one hit. Still sux I know. Can you get the band replaced after the work trip? You really don't need that pressure on you.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

rose bud

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty27/01/12, 07:42 am

what a ying and yang moment. Its ,how bloody wonderful of you for the weight you lost and goal reached. and its such a poo that you have a complication now.
Thought there are no good complication glad to hear its the band and not you thats sprung a leek. Best of luck with your procedure and new band
I still think you deserve aRemoval and Replacement 644107
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty27/01/12, 07:17 am

Lilly I am so sorry for you.
A new band and start again is hard to do but you can do it.
7days a work tirp is hard but can be done.
I wish you all the best and I guess SH.. happens is all I can say.
Sray strong you have done so well and I do agree if the band was good keep it. It can be taken out unlike a sleeve once they take your stomach it can never be put back.
Lots of positive thoughts going your way.
Delia

Last edited by Delia on 27/01/12, 01:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shrinkinglily

shrinkinglily

PostSubject: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty27/01/12, 06:29 am

Hi all,
Just when things goes well they stuff up yeah?
So I reached goal at 55kgs and then started to get hungry and eat more and more and more. They then replaced the port this week and I woke up after general with the news that the problem is still not fixed. Whilst under they did do an gastroscopy to rule out erosion and my pouch etc is fine.

Today I went in for a fill under xray and right at the top of the band it is leaking. so next Thursday I am going in for a full band removal and replacement. I am heartbroken that at goal with a thin body but still an obese mind I have go through all of it again. I also have a work trip 7 days after it which I cannot cancel.

So words of encouragement, wisdom jokes??
Removal and replacement? I did ask about sleeving instead and he said that I exceeded expectations with the band losing 54 kgs and with no slips there is no reason that banding should not be fine once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removal and Replacement   Removal and Replacement Empty

Back to top Go down

Removal and Replacement
Page 1 of 1