HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
linrod72

Crikey!  Weight gain after fill removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal   Crikey!  Weight gain after fill removal Empty29/09/11, 08:38 am

Hi there,
I was banded in March 2007, My banding weight was 153.8kg, I had great weight loss and when I got pregnant with my 3rd child (first with the band) I was 103kg. I had my son with 6 ml in my band but had to have an emergancy c-section. Two days after giving birth I had a complete blockage from swelling. I was rushed down to The Avenue (I am 1 hr 45 mins away) and had fill removed. I was very slack for quite awhile after the birth and gained a fair bit of weight. I then got pregnant again and was 128kg at the start of pregnancy. I had all fill removed as a precaution and gained all my weight back, going into hospital to have my daughter hitting the scales at a hefty 158.3Kg.
I went back to the clinic today after realising that I am out of control and have 3.5ml in and an appointment for 2 weeks to get more. I weighed in today at 145.4kg after being on lite n easy for 2 weeks and losing 6.6kg.
I am very excited again about weight lose and look at this as a second chance. I have decided to stick with lite n easy as it makes my food choices (which is my biggest problem) easy.
I have set many goals to reach my main goal of 80kg, my first being 10% of my body weight from the start of l n e ( lite n easy) so my first mini goal is 15.2 kg. I would love to be down to 115kg by christmas day so my second mini goal is 37kg. I may be a bit exagerated it that one but it gives me something to aim for. My next goal is to smash the 100kg and be in double figure well and trulely by June 24th. We are heading to Bali for 4 weeks and I plan to be enjoying all activities with my 4 children as well as be happy with myself and hopefully be the apple of my husbands eye. (i know I already am, but i honestly don't like looking at myself in the mirror so I can't see how he would enjoy looking at me.
Its a long journey ahead, and one that I should have made earlier as I have the perfect tool.
Wish me luck and I will be popping in for support reguarly.
Cheers Linda
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal   Crikey!  Weight gain after fill removal Empty19/09/11, 10:53 pm

Hi Jodie, welcome and congratulations!

I would try and not stress about the weight gain, your pregnant and making a beautiful baby inside. It doesn't matter if you put on 5 or more kilos than the norm, cause you know from previous experience you can lose it all again. Just try to steer towards healthier options. You've maintained such a healthy weight for some years now, so your oviously making good foods choices to start with. Don't stress about the weight, this is a time of joy! I look forward to hearing how your pregnancy go.

K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal   Crikey!  Weight gain after fill removal Empty19/09/11, 12:51 pm

Hi Jodie, congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the forum!

If you were dehydrated I think it's fair to assume that 3kg's in four days has a lot to do with water.

Naturally because you have less restiction and you are pregnant you are going to want to eat more and that will lead to weight gain, which is not a bad thing for you right now (when else do you get to say that?).

The Queensland Government’s guidelines for healthy weight gain during pregnancy give this general guide:

• If your pre-pregnancy BMI was less than 18.5, you should gain between 12.5kg and 18kg

• If your pre-pregnancy BMI was between 18.5 and 24.9, you should gain between 11.5kg and 16kg

• If your pre-pregnancy BMI was between 25 and 29, you should gain between 7kg and 11.5kg

• If your pre-pregnancy BMI was 30 or above, you should gain between 5kg and 9kg.
Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/weightgain/#ixzz1YOjB7Mmk

Maths is not my strong point but if you put on 3kg every 8 weeks or so, you would have gained about 15 kilos by the time you had your baby (at 40 weeks)

Tanya :)
Back to top Go down
jodieb

PostSubject: Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal   Crikey!  Weight gain after fill removal Empty19/09/11, 04:47 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, but banded in 2004.

I have had one pregnancy already while banded, with that I was a long way from goal and didn't have any fill removed.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and had 2ml of my 3.5ml fill removed last Wednesday. It is the first time I have ever had a fill removed and I am now freaking out. I have put on 3+kg already. I surpassed my dreams and have been a constant 56 - 57kg for the past year or so. But with terrible morning sickness I was getting dehydrated and needed to have fill removed. My son from my first bandster pregnancy my baby was somewhat of a shrimp at just under 6lbs where as m y other three children were well over 8lbs. I want this baby to be healthy, but i do not want to keep expanding at the rate that I am!!!

I live 16ookm from my surgeon, and only have the help of a GP who has no previous band experience.

I would like to know what the guidelines are for those of us who have reached goal, have all or part of fill removed.

What should our weight gain look like and how the heck do we achieve that? I thought it was going to be easy! But no, alas, I just want to eat. The good thing is that I do have a stop button now. Never remember ever having that in my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal   Crikey!  Weight gain after fill removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Crikey! Weight gain after fill removal
Page 1 of 1