HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?

Go down 
+7
Kirsten
breakmystride
debs
Vogette
newme2011
fee
Ange
11 posters

With Regard to your weight loss, is having a lap band all that you thought it would be?
Yes
Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Hujhgd1242%Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty
 42% [ 11 ]
No
Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Hujhgd1223%Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty
 23% [ 6 ]
Too soon to tell
Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Hujhgd1219%Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty
 19% [ 5 ]
Better than I imagined
Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Hujhgd1215%Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty
 15% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
debs

debs

Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty23/05/11, 03:43 am

A quick amendment to my revious post. Now that my band is at the right fill level...finally after 10 months...i am much happier with my band. Didn't think it would ever happen but it did and its changed my whole mindset. Its amazing the difference in how you feel when the band is 'working'. Very happy now even though i'm having some sliming issues. Still, i wouldn't be here without it. Thankyou band.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194

AuntyEz194

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty19/05/11, 11:39 pm

I voted a yes! My band has been very fickle since i got it done in November 2010 but I wouldnt be 30KGS down now without it! Much like what Beth said is how i feel! But I didnt think i would throw up as much as i have with it.
I love the feeling of my family and friends coming up to me and complimenting me on how i am looking now (And so they should!!! HAHA)
And yes i would definitely do it again!
XXX
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty19/05/11, 10:34 am

I to voted yes ! with out my band i would be a lost cause!
My life is so much better in so many ways
I guess i am one of the lucky ones my band is doing what it should! controlling my hunger!
i don't vomit and to date just one blockage . I am 34 kilo's down and this Saturday is my one year anniversary
with out this band i could not be this slim confident person that i am today !
I would be that lady who locks her self away from the world to ashamed and scared to face the world
been there done that not going back ! So for me it's a big YES .....
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty19/05/11, 09:15 am

I think it is yes. It is frustrating at times when I feel I can eat too much. And when I get hungry it is hard too. Sometimes I get down in the dumps when it is not happening like I wish it would.

But would I get do it all again. ABSOLUTELY.

It has changed my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty16/04/11, 04:27 pm

I am happy with it but it would be awesome if it came with a brain-band, then whenever I think or do stupid non-lapbandesque things the doc could just inject saline into my head :)
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty16/04/11, 10:10 am

I also have to mark 'yes'...but like others, the journey is not easy, and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would puk everyday, not able to have breakky anymore, and that dining out would become a terrifying daunting experience, that one just gives up on.....but where would I be without it, possibly instead of nearly 30kgs down, 50kgs up....so a "YES" from me also......

Cate
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty16/04/11, 07:47 am

I had to mark yes even though sometimes I don't feel it. I'm still steadily loseing weight, and have now lost 50% of my excess weight. I should be pretty happy about that. It's a slow process, but that exactly how it's meant to be. I don't regret being banded at all.
Back to top Go down
breakmystride

breakmystride

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty16/04/11, 06:00 am

Despite all the troubles and blockages and ups and downs with the band over the past two and a bit years - without it, I wouldn't have lost 70kgs (and still going) - in fact - it almost scares me to think how much I would weigh now had I not gotten the courage to have the surgery in the first place!!
Whilst it hasn't always been what I imagined or thought it would be - I know without it my life would be no where near the quality it is at the moment..and the quality it will be once I reach my goal!
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty16/04/11, 03:14 am

My band is not what i thought it would be. That being said, i would rather have the band than not have it. I wouldn't have the lost the weight i've lost without it but i feel my loss has mostly been down to me more than the band. My band is 1ml off being full yet i don't feel restriction, i can eat a normal sized meal without pain and i don't feel satisfied on 1 cup of food like you're supposed to. I guess this is why my loss is so slow. Still, without its presence (its more a psychological presence as, physically i barely know its there when it comes to eating) I would not have lost what i have i don't think. I was talking to my dietician about this and she said it has been harder for me than most of her clients for some reason. It took me about 5 months to feel the way you're supposed to feel when you first go onto solids. I sometimes wonder if my band is even positioned correctly?
I feel bad saying anything negative about the band because it works so well for so many people...and i do wonder if its my fault i don't feel like others...
Having said that i have dropped one clothes size in 8 months, which i might not have done without the band.
So long story short...for me personally, the band isn't was wonderful as i had hoped but i am still glad i have it because even if the weightloss is very slow I am still less than when i started, and i do hope that with minor adjustments i just might get my band to work the way other peoples do.
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty15/04/11, 11:49 pm

I had hoped the band would help me...I was very overweight (no, I was I was morbidly obese!) at 120kg, very fat and very unhappy. I am now almost a year post banding, and 44 kg down...I feel fantastic. It hasn't been easy, but it sure has been a hell of a lot easier than any other method that I have ever tried (and I, like a lot of you, have tried heaps!!!). For the first time in my adult life, I feel worthy, I feel extremely healthy, I actually care how I look, I love to clothes shop, I feel "hot"! I am loving the comments I get from friends and work colleagues, and especially my husband, and my family is so proud of me. I like that I don't feel as though I am an embarrassment to them in public (they, of course never said anything, but one senses these things). I am actually enjoying life for the first time in, well, forever. I have so much energy, and whilst I still can't say I love to exercise, I do it because I can and because it gets me closer to my goal!

Having a band is the best decision I have ever made in my life.

Last edited by Vogette on 16/04/11, 08:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
newme2011

newme2011

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty15/04/11, 11:29 pm

I knew the band was only a tool to assist me. I knew that I would still have to put in the hard yards. Failure was not an option for me. I just couldn't go through such a process and allow myself to fail. So, for me the band forced me to focus and assisted me into the right head space. It helps me with portion size and feeling satisfied after eating less food. I am happy that I did it. I wish I didn't have to resort to having the surgery but I have no regrets and am feeling healthier and happier than I have for a long time. I've still got a way to go, but I am confident and positive of achieving goal weight. I think the hardest challenge is yet to come and for me that will be maintaining focus when I am starting to feel really good and looking slim. I hope my bandit helps me then....

Flo in Hobart

Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? 609653
Back to top Go down
fee

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty15/04/11, 10:17 am

The Band had been Better than I imagined it would be as I have tried and failed so many times to lose weight I have always put it back on with more but this time I dont feel Im not on a diet I feel its a lifestyle, next week is my one year anniversary of my band I have lost 30Kgs in the year and I feel so positive. I know that next year this time I will be at my goal only another 20 to lose and I CAN do it.
Back to top Go down
Ange

PostSubject: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty15/04/11, 06:46 am

Have a think about the question with regard to your weight loss and the ease in which you have lost it since being banded. Feel free to elaborate within this thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?   Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be? Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll: Is your band all that you though it would be?
Page 1 of 1