HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pregnancy and lapband

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirsten

Kirsten

Pregnancy and lapband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty23/08/11, 12:15 pm

congrats on the birth of James!

K
Back to top Go down
nkav

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty20/08/11, 07:57 am

hi,

I had my son via c-section on 20th June. All went well, James is very healthy and I am all healed up and pain free.

As for the band, everything seemed normal until I had my first fill post pregnancy. I think the band is fine but I have pain after the fill around the port area. the doctor thinks we just need to reposition it and maybe the pregnancy caused it to move.

Has anyone had to reposition their port?

Anyway, not too concerned at the moment just very eager to get back to losing weight so I can't wait to get this fixed.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty16/02/11, 07:29 pm

Hi nicole, congrats on the pregnancy. We would love to hear how it all goes for you. I'm Kirsten, 39, have a baby boy and was banded august 2010.
Back to top Go down
nkav

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty15/02/11, 05:25 am

Hi,

I am currently 21 weeks pregnant but have also heard that everything should be fine after the baby arrives. (I hope it is).

A friend of my sister had a baby last year and everthing is still working fine with her band so fingers crossed.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
tinkerbelle

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty24/01/11, 01:19 am

I would love to hear how your friend has gone Del. I'll speak to you on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty23/01/11, 06:30 am

Hi Bell
I will talk to you on Thursday. I know someone that had a bady after she had the band and is now doing fine again.
If they are all like your son I would have a dozen more.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Kirsten

Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty23/01/11, 02:50 am

Hi Belle,

I too plan on falling pregnant this year with our second. I have been told the same as you have mentioned, that there won't be any problems during or after. You can either have the fill removed during pregnancy or it can stay the same, as long as your getting all the nutrients you need. But if you have morning sickness, best to remove the fill.

My plan is to maybe have a small amount of fill removed depending on how I feel hungry, full, uncomfortable and six weeks after the baby, just continue on the same path as now.

It would be great to hear from someone thats been through it

Kirsten
Back to top Go down
tinkerbelle

PostSubject: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty21/01/11, 10:48 am

I am hoping there might be somebody out there who can help me with some info on pregnancy with lapband.

My husband and I have been seriously talking about having baby number 3 but I am worried about the effect a pregnancy would have on my band. My doctor has told me that pregnancy is absolutely fine with the lapband and that they like to take some fill out towards the end of the pregnancy, but I was hoping to hear from someone who has actually had a baby with the band.

I am wondering if the band still works as well after pregnancy as it does before. Are you able to get the same restriction and continue to lose weight after having a baby. I also wonder if there is a higher risk of the band slipping or any side effects of the band during pregnancy.

Sorry about all the questions, I just really need to hear from someone with personal experience. I have been doing really well with my lapband and have had a textbook experience. I really don't want to do anything to jeopardise my weightloss or how well my band works for me.

Cheers
Belle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and lapband   Pregnancy and lapband Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy and lapband
Page 1 of 1