HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ballarat and surrounds support group

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee

Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty13/12/10, 03:11 am

Yeah, that does ring bells, that he said that!
Dee
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty13/12/10, 12:00 am

Enjoy it this fullness will pass. In Prof O'Briens book he says to remember this feeling as this is how you should feel when at the right fill level. As you heal your hunger will return and you won't think you have a band.
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty12/12/10, 11:23 pm

Yeah, I am certainly learning to listen to my body as I never have before. This probably sounds strange, as I have read it over and over again, but I am just so surprised...and delighted at how little I am consuming! There is no way I could have 100ml of fluid every hour at the moment, I just feel that I can't fit it in. I will be interested to see is dr D put in any fill on the table, I forgot to ask him, he was in and out so quickly. I asked several times about the ID card as you showed me, I got it - but only with my name written on it, apparently he will fill it in on Jan 6th at my 1st appt...
Dee
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty12/12/10, 05:46 am

The doctors didn't even mention pain relief on going home. Lucky for me I was well researched and had stocked up. I gradually gave up the mersyndol in the day time but I took it at night for about a week. One time I got really light headed and found that I was dehydrated and bloody hungry. I had lots of sips of water and a bowl of yummy soup (I will post that on the recipe site) and slept like a baby for a nana nap.
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty12/12/10, 04:55 am

Hi again Linda,
I am not trying to be a hero, trust me! Doc D said only 2 panadol every 6 hours but this was doing absolutely nothing so I medicated myself, now I am feeling better, makes me wonder if he says this on purpose to make you remember!!
I think he can be a bit too gruff sometimes... We live and learn I guess, my life will be different from now on in...
Dee
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty11/12/10, 08:31 pm

Hi Dee

Don't be a hero. I took mersyndol for about a week and felt no pain.
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty11/12/10, 09:31 am

By the way Linda, I have found banding together to be the most informative and friendly site...this one is good too and will be even better when it has more content...just thought you may want to have a look!
Dee
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty11/12/10, 09:28 am

Hi Linda,
I was in a world of pain last night, wasn't good at all. Upped the painkillers and slept a blissful 12 hours overnight...
I am really lucky to have my mum in law up to take care of everything whilst I recover.
I have had soup today and whizzed up stew and speds watered right down with gravy.
I don't feel right, but do feel a million dollars compared to yday!
I am just about to go lay down again for a while now..
Will keep you up to date,
Thanks for your concern,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty10/12/10, 06:46 am

Hi Dee

Glad you are home. I haven't joined the banding together site so I can't see your questions. Ring me tomorrow if you want it will be quicker than typing.
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty10/12/10, 06:31 am

Oh, and J visited me in the hospital thismorning, I was so embarrassed as she knew I refused to see her personally...oh well....
Dee
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty10/12/10, 06:28 am

All done Linda.
I have posted some questions on the banding together site in the bandit lounge.
It would be great if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
I just don't feel up to typing any more, I feel quite unwell...
Dee
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty08/12/10, 08:38 pm

That is good news. I am so glad she is nice. It will be a bit hard for others to see her though won't it?

Good luck with your surgery today. You are probably on the way to hospital now.
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty08/12/10, 09:59 am

Just read about the dietician Linda, actually went to see Bronwyn today, just in case, to ease my mind.
I found her a pleasure to deal with...and she works on my day off so that's good news for me!
Dee
Back to top Go down
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty08/12/10, 09:56 am

Hi Linda, I noticed you had come over too.
It looks good and is easy to use. Will be even better when the content gets up and running....
Dee
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty06/12/10, 02:16 am

I just found this story from the courier a couple of weeks ago. It mentions a dietician who could be helpful.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/weightloss-surgery-on-the-rise-in-ballarat/2007280.aspx

I was just googling lapband for ballarat to see if this new site came up.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty06/12/10, 02:01 am

Hi everyone

This is our new home. We can post information about get togethers on here.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballarat and surrounds support group   Ballarat and surrounds support group Empty

Back to top Go down

Ballarat and surrounds support group
Page 1 of 1