Tralee (Trace)
Vogette
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty28/08/11, 04:35 am

yes it still can slip... it is where the bottom stomach slips up through the band.

There is short comings with everything and I think if we follow the rules that most of these situations are at a minimum for risk... or so my surgeon tells me.

I wouldnt stress too much about the slippage part.. if its gonna happen its gonna happen.

My issue is being 90 in a nursing home with a band in my gut.. I am crazy as a loon I know but I have so many different senarios of this running through my head.

At the end of the day the good thing about having a band is that I still have a choice about what to do. I guess I am in a low point at the moment and the grass is a little juicier looking on the other side
Back to top Go down
newme2011

newme2011

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 10:50 pm

The only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. Like Suzzie I closeted myself away from life and missed out on so much fun! I seem to be the hub of my family and everything revolves around how I am. The pressue of that is enourmous. So I know exactly what you're saying Suzzie.

I have lost weight by myself before - 20kgs or so, but it always went back on. I am very much hoping that the band will keep me on track. The band is a tool and it is still up to me to make it work. I am fully aware of my failings in the past and it does play on my mind. But right now, I am traveling ok.

The one thing I can't control is the fickleness of the band. I can have days where I can eat absolutely anything and it will pass thru. On another day I won't be able to eat my sloppy porrige at breakfast! It is so strange and I never know til I try. I have 5.7mls in a 10ml and thought I'd hit that sweet spot, but last week I could've eaten all day, every day. But I don't know that more fill is the answer for this problem....

I do worry about slippage etc. But my surgeon stitched the band in to prevent slippage. Has anyone heard of slippage stil being a problem when the band is stitched in?

Overall, I would recommend the band. It works if you makeit work. You still need to be in the right head space to lose weight, but the band definitely helps the process. It gets an A+ from me.

Cheers,

General  Random Questions - Page 12 609653
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 08:02 pm

I certainly do not regret the band choice....one dr did try and talk me into a sleeve, but I was not going there, have friends with sleeves and they are not doing all that well, stomach does re-size its self again and one lady has put it all back on plus more and she has a sleeve!!!..I do worry about slips and erosions...but, will have to travel that road if it happens....

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 01:27 pm

Westy I sent you a PM a while ago and just noticed you have not picked it up.

It has ideas for snacks.

Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 12:21 pm

Westy, I do get the night munchies but I think that is because right now the band is too tight and I am not eating ok during the day -am going to need to get that sorted soon.

Suzzie, I regret not playing sports as a kid and not having a good handle on what I ate as an adult then maybe, just maybe I wouldn't have wanted / needed surgery. Now that Zippy mentions it, I could have considered the sleeve too (although I don't really know what it is).

Having said that, what good is regret? I have managed to live with a cheesey dolphin tattoo for 20 years without dwelling , if I can live with that decision I can live with most anything...

Even going through the drama of a tight band, the band was a good choice and there's no regret.
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 10:14 am

In response to WEsty..I did have that munchie feeling in the evening also, but after a top up, I am fine, the last fill has really taken all that away......I have had the spews a real lot, but today has been ok, just had 1/2 a sausage with mash and vegies, only ate about 1/2 cup and will have a cuppa shortly, I feel very full....and contented......if I eat too much i get bad pain in my back, shoulders and arms.....

Cate xoxo
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 09:36 am

the only regret I have is that I didnt know very much about the sleeve. In retrospect for long term option I think it would have been a better choice for me.

Having said that I am glad I have lost the weight I have... but I do worry what is to come down the track
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Regrets    General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 09:11 am

Hi Guys !
Just wondering if you guys have regrets before and since lap band ??
I was sitting thinking about this yesterday ...
before my band i was scared !
To scared to live my life my husband suffered and my children suffered !
School excursions and concerts were a no go and sports day i didn't even try to go there..
i was scared my kids would be ridiculed and bullied by others for having an over weight mother!
Work do's and family functions were a night mare as i could never find things to wear that made me feel nice !
My biggest regret is that i left it to long ! why did i wait till the point of no return before i got serious ???
I made my whole family worry and suffer for my own personal selfishness !!
I am 46 in October i wasted 25 years living life as a obese miserable woman i will never go there again...
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 05:45 am

could be either westy... I have always had that responce even when I was over tight... for me its a head thing. I keep things on hand like jarrah hot choc and weight watchers jelly fruit in the cup and squirt a little lite cream in the can on it. Next to no calories and low in carbs and it tricks me into thinking I have had a couple of treats.

I tried ignoring my compulsions but I am afraid I cant, so now I compromise and have lite low carb food ready at hand when I get the pantry commando raid going. Sweet william makes a no added sugar chocolate with nuts and another with rice bubbles in it thats not toooooo bad in this type of situation.

Its all about finding what works.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty27/08/11, 12:20 am

Morning Everyone - Miserable day here on the Gold Coast, raining and its cold.

Does anybody have the munchies after dinner? My days are realy good, dont usually feel hungry at all, but after dinner is another story - keep raiding the fridge. Does this mean that I need a little bit more fill - or is it the mind playing tricks?. Anybody got a suggestions!!!!!!!!.

Westy

General  Random Questions - Page 12 548438
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty26/08/11, 12:58 pm

Westy that is great.

I had not thought of this but you never know now as you girls are having it done. I feel I may like it also.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty25/08/11, 10:29 pm

Whoo Hoo WTG Westy thats awesome it feels so good doesn't it ???
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty25/08/11, 09:22 am

Hey Suzzie

Not far behind you on the Weight loss, spoke to my Sugeon last week about a T.T., have 7 kgs to lose. Hopefully will have Sugery early in the New Year!!!!!!. Can not wait that apron is not fun, gets in the way of everything.

Good luck

Westy
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty21/08/11, 02:53 pm

Great news.General  Random Questions - Page 12 253309 General  Random Questions - Page 12 644107
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty21/08/11, 12:48 pm

General  Random Questions - Page 12 253309 General  Random Questions - Page 12 644107 General  Random Questions - Page 12 253309
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty21/08/11, 11:58 am

Spoke to my surgeon and we have decided that i will have my tummy tuck early next year ! i am 82 kilos and my fatty flap weight's about 4 kilos so tamarais said i am very close to my goal weight now ! whoo hoo so i am very excited about it all ! can not wait as i am in size 14 pants they are baggy but tight around my horrid fatty flap i would be a 12 if i didn't have my old friend hanging around and weighing me down lol so roll on next year ! cheers guys sue .....
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 09:18 am

that my lovey is excellent news
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 08:55 am

Sorry Zippy

Port Pain - Well I have been rather stupid, went to Sea World with hubby the other day, and guess what I was able to go on all the rides, felt like I had a new lease on life. I could hardly walk at end if the day was pooped. Not being that young little chicky babe anymore I pulled all the muscles around the Port area.!!!!!!! (Surgeon thought it was hillarious). So that was that problem solved. Well the heartburn has disappeared, must have been something I ate.!!!!!!!

Everything is good now - Movie World next week...........

General  Random Questions - Page 12 609653 Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 08:42 am

so what did he say about port pain and heartburn
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 08:35 am

Tara

Yes babe that was me the old Blonde and hubby. How did you go - did you have a fill?

He would not give me any more fill, just talked about getting a Tummy Tuck after I loose another 7kg.

Next time we will have to catch up and have a coffee.

Catch u later

lol

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 05:02 am

ooooo you too sooze...we need to make a club, I thought Loosint and I were the only ones that have never prodoctive burped. Its like our own dirty lil secret... we the broken bandits... now we is threeGeneral  Random Questions - Page 12 253309
Back to top Go down
suzzie

suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 03:52 am

i'm to mean to give it back lol once i got it's mine !!!
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty19/08/11, 01:16 am

true that...in 3 years I have never pb'ed nutting
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty18/08/11, 12:26 pm

Well mine's pretty well-greased too (too much fat in my diet lately), but somehow I still manage to get things stuck sometimes. Never, of course, the purging type stuck (I think you and I are alike in this department, if it goes down the chute, there ain't no way it's comin' back!).
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty18/08/11, 07:00 am

*sigh*....loosinit I never get anything 'stuck' everything just bleeding slides down a treat... me thinks my food shoot is greased
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   General  Random Questions - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: