Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

It's Not Easy Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Not Easy   It's Not Easy Empty18/06/13, 08:01 am

Bushlander,

Our bands give the people around us THE worst impressions of all WLS.

When I told people I was having the Sleeve after two bands and all the ups and downs, fills and unfills and slips and follow up surgeries etc etc everyone one freaked out.
I feel really bad that the Band scars the people around us more than it does us.

Might be time you start researching the Sleeve or the By-pass or I guess your other choice is to have little fill in the band and little chance of it getting too tight like this again or just continue with the unending fills and unfills.

Good Luck,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Bushlander

It's Not Easy Empty
PostSubject: It's Not Easy   It's Not Easy Empty17/06/13, 07:09 am

So here I am again, lucky to be alive after having my band seize up on me on Friday night and forcing me to go without food or drink for the whole weekend.  Could've rang Dr Jenny Duncombe and done a home visit but I think I've annoyed her enough already.  Could've rocked up to the Royal but who wants to sit around there for ever and a day.  So I suffered through it and at 10.30 this morning got Jenny to take out half a mil for me.  Didn't notice until I got home that that half a mil didn't even touch the sides and so I hauled myself into George this arvo for the release of another half a mil.  Feeling a bit better after a cup of tea now.  Looking forward to some much needed vegies for tea tonight.

This lapband thing is such hard work.  It's taking me forever to get back to my sweet spot.  Thought I had it last week but it only lasted a couple of days.  Maybe it was the cold weather that set in that buggered it up, who knows.  Now I'm a whole mil behind the eight ball and it's going to take me forever to get anywhere near some sort of restriction again.  However, I did manage to lose 4kg over the last week with very minimal eating and then total starvation over the weekend.  But it won't take long to put that back on once I start eating properly again.

Starting to come good again, very tired though.  Who would've thought that not eating or drinking could knock you around so much.  Hubby hates it when my band plays up as I guess it affects everybody in the house because you've got no energy, you're cranky, tired, have that filthy taste in your mouth from being dehydrated and pretty much you just don't want to do anything.  He wants to move from Brisbane out to the country one day but is worried how me and my band will go if it decides to play up.  Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyway, enough whingeing for today.  It's been a long three days and I'm so looking forward to a nice meal for tea and a good sleep without having to listen to my stomach burbling away all night!
Back to top Go down

It's Not Easy
Page 1 of 1