HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terrible taste in Mouth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

Terrible taste in Mouth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty19/07/11, 02:52 am

yeah its so true... I had to work so hard to get weight to shift... it seems that once your over 40 ( Im 48) your metabolism goes fut. Like I said before Im not a big exerciser but I do walk but not like throwing the joggers on and pounding it out... I tricked myself into it by parking my car at the bottom of the hill and walking 2 blocks up hill to get to the shopping centre. If I bought anything I would have to walk all the way down and back again to put it in the car.

It worked for me and honestly I found the weight came off easier than when I did a short (1 month) stint at the gym.

You are doing awesomly well.. and I have no doubt the rest of the weight will come off....because you want it to and are willing to work to get it off.

As for mince patties, I could never eat them nor snags or any type of lamb or chicken...however steak and bread possed me no issue even when my band was soooo tight I could get nothing else down. I would be starving at 2 oclock in the morning having spent a day not being able to even choke down milo and I would give in and go make a white bread and peanut butter samich and down it would slide...

My band is a teenager I am sure... contrary, moody and doesnt follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty19/07/11, 02:03 am

Hey Zippy

Splashed out and had a few bits of chocky yesterday- felt awsome, mmm. Trying not to call a diet anymore, just a change of lifestyle. HA HA.

At least now I have a great deal more restriction than before - eating is now harder than before, takes me longer to eat a little bit of food, definitely no bread at all. Went to a BBQ on Sunday and was only able to eat the mince pattie over 20 minutes with lots of Tomatoe Sauce.

Have to start walking abit further in the mornings, but have a few health issues with the old body, not as good as it used to be.

But Zippy u have done awsome with your weight loss. I only want to lose another 15 kgs, probably take another year. Wish it would go faster but the older u are the harder it is. No spring chicky babe. Have a great day.

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty18/07/11, 12:08 pm

try upping them radically for a day then going back to the diet the next day...this is called cycling and can break a stall.

Sometimes our bodies get stuck in a rut and wont budge when we have been on a diet for a while... there is a train of thought that if you go off diet for one day then back on track again it can trick the body out of it.

I have done this in the past and it has worked. Dont be horrified if you gain a kilo over night on your cycle day...its fluid... it will come back off quickly.

Keep in mind its hard to do this when you want to lose weight because it goes against the grain.

I would use this day to treat myself something special like a peice of cake or an ice cream or a chocolate...
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty18/07/11, 09:43 am

Thanks Zippy - I will up my Carbs. Not very pleasant.

Westy
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty18/07/11, 09:33 am

if your eating low carb its keto breath... thats what it sounds like...but you could have a tonsil thing happening if you still have them but my money is on the keto breath.

You can up your carbs a bit to get rid of it
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty18/07/11, 09:28 am

Its really hard to explain - its not metal, or a sweet taste, just a nasty taste, it does not go away just sits there day.

Going to ring Dietician tomorrow and ask what she thinks also going to have a check up with my Dentist - have to get to the bottom of this, caannot live on chewing gum and mints. My husband went and brought me some Minty Mouth Spray............

Let u all know how things are going and what I find out.

Westy
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty18/07/11, 12:58 am

Or does it taste like the bottom of the buggie cage.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty17/07/11, 01:24 pm

excellent question
Back to top Go down
debs

debs

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty17/07/11, 01:06 pm

Can i ask what the taste tastes like? Is it a sweet bready kind of taste, or a metallic kind of taste...does it taste of anything in particular? debs
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty14/07/11, 01:01 pm

It may be reflux. I am surprised your Doctor did not say this and offer medication.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

zippy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty14/07/11, 09:29 am

it could be keto breath... thats the down side of losing weight.. as for a remedy, stop burning fat or chew gum.

When I was going through that stage I could knock a dog down with one good ole haaargh... but I also knew it meant I was in fat burning mode so I just kept wrigleys in the black and chewed gum when anyone was around... also when your chewing peppermint gum it makes food taste funny for a while after you spit it out so another bonus.

Drink more water to flush your kidneys this also helps
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty14/07/11, 08:19 am

Hi Everyone

Since I have been banded 6 months ago I have suffered from a terrible taste in my mouth. I dont know what do do to get rid of it. I have been using heaps of strong peppermints, but thats not solving the problem.

Asked Sugreon today !!!!!! scratched his head and said I dont know.

Anbody got any remedies, need abit of help on this one.

Westy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible taste in Mouth   Terrible taste in Mouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrible taste in Mouth
Page 1 of 1