Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shrinkinglily

shrinkinglily

Overfill or swelling Empty
PostSubject: Update   Overfill or swelling Empty14/02/11, 02:00 am

Thanks all,
I went back to see surgeon today and had some more taken out. They wanted to take the full ml out but we bargained at .25 if I would walk up the shops eat a yoghurt and come back. If all was okay then I was allowed to leave.

So hour later after a wander and a yoghurt I am fine! No heartburn and can swallow again.
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: Overfill or swelling   Overfill or swelling Empty13/02/11, 11:48 am

Hi, just wondering when you say you are feeling a lot of restriction and can't eat much at all, are you hungry or feeling like eating or has the restriction or discomfort helped with the munchies? I have been banded almost a year and have had very little restriction. I have had the occasional uncomfortable few minutes but a few hours later I am well and truly ready to eat, just more careful. Can't wait for real restriction. I hope I'm not one of the ones that never feel that. We are never happy are we. I am so pleased with what I have lost but wish I had more control over myself! I have started excercising a lot more again in the last week or so ( just walking) , hopefully that will help soon. The bikkies with the cuppa at night have crept in again!!! Must stop that. Then the weight loss might start again.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: Overfill or swelling   Overfill or swelling Empty13/02/11, 11:37 am

Hiya Lily,

Welcome.

I would say you are still overfilled a little too much. Another .25ml out should help.
I don't think you are swollen unless you have been throwing up.

How much fill did you have before he added this last fill?

You'll probably get back up to this level of fill but I think he will have to put it back in in smaller increments.

Let us know how you go.
Tara
Back to top Go down
catton54

catton54

PostSubject: Re: Overfill or swelling   Overfill or swelling Empty13/02/11, 09:57 am

I know how you feel...had a fill last week...and have to be so careful what I put in my mouth now....great restriction now and have lost nearly 1kg since wednesday, where I had only lost 1/2 kgs in 8 weeks before!!!!...I notice a little heart burn feeling, but not bad...but I cannot eat at all now in the mornings - just bring it back up ( including a protein shake) and have terrible pain, lunch lite eg cruskits, and I can eat a fair dinner, but mainly vegies without issues ( and fish is good and had roast lamb last night, and it was ok)......so so weird.....I can feel the restrictions most of the time......

Cate
Back to top Go down
shrinkinglily

shrinkinglily

PostSubject: Overfill or swelling   Overfill or swelling Empty13/02/11, 08:54 am

Hi All,
I just found everyone since yahoo! I was banded in October 2010. Starting weight was 101.5 and currently 85.4. I had a fill last thursday of 1ml and the night I had was unbearable, I couldn't even get water down and had the worst heartburn of my life. I went back to see my surgeon on Friday and he took .25ml out and I was ok with water. Over the weekend I have had few issues but I cannot work out if it is due to overfill or due to swelling. My heartburn is still there after having water or at night, I haven't had this before. Today I had 1 up and go, 3 icypoles, water and chicken broth. I also tried a couple of chips and that was ok. After eating I get a bit of heartburn and discomfort but is this due to swelling or should I go back tomorrow.

I have never really felt restriction before so it is hard to tell whether this is just teething issues that I need to ride it out. I have taken zantac to help with the heartburn. How long does the swelling last post fill, unfill etc?
Thanks

www.shrinkinglily.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overfill or swelling   Overfill or swelling Empty

Back to top Go down

Overfill or swelling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: