HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Random Questions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 05:51 am

Thanks Linda. Yes, I remember all those people. I was thinking about Pyretta yesterday. I know she had a real struggle. Emailed her quite some time ago but never heard back. Vikki I can hardly recall, but how about Marion, I wonder how she is going. She lost heaps, then had the band out and was sleeved. I don't think she gained much in between, but then she was a personal trainer so I guess her occupation almost ensured she wouldn't go too far off track.

The forever gone woman would be too embarrassed to say that she had regained anything. I think she was fairly determined too, but then again she didn't quite meet my criteria below!

Some of these people have only ever been overweight/obese as adults. That really is quite a different story to having had a struggle since childhood.

Wonder how the Gold Coast woman is doing? I'm sure she must be on some forum, even if it's not about weight.

Yes, all those people from the old forum. I always get the impression that this new forum has attracted new bandits. You are probably more in the know, Linda, about veteran bandits than anyone else here.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   30/01/12, 11:18 pm

Losingit I have been banded for 5 years and 2 months. The forever gone woman I befriended on facebook she stills looks pretty trim but then again I am lazy and have the same photo from before I got to my lowest and then gained. I also have Jan as a friend remember her? I still think she has kept it off. I don't know that Pyretta is doing so well. Just get that impression. Most of the bandits I know have regained and to keep even they have to diet. Remember Vikki in Perth? One of Dolans patients. She lost heaps and then had a body lift. Every new year she starts an optifast challenge. I think if you can keep the regain within about 10 kgs it is doable but a lot of hard work if you have more to lose.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   30/01/12, 03:31 pm

I was bitten by jumping ants today when I went to cut bay leaves for a freind. Gee do they hurt. I think that was my exercise jumping around off the nest. Holy moly!
First day on Dukan and I did ok scales will tell in the morning but I did eat ham and bacon so could retain fluid.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   30/01/12, 03:26 pm

Does anyone know if we actually have any 'veteran' bandits on this forum? I'm talking people who have been banded 5 years or more.

I know Linda would be close to that mark, but I don't see anyone else around who fits the bill.

Most people here seem to be relatively newly banded.

I'm interested to hear what veteran bandits have been through, and if there are any who had a considerable amount of weight to lose (at least 60 kgs) and have been successful in keeping it off.

I know we're theoretically all here with the same problem (weight to lose), but the goalposts are a little different when you start off needing to lose the equivalent of a whole person or more. Yes, I know there are some people who probably only weigh 45kgs, but I consider 60kgs more the reality when talking about the size of a whole person to lose.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   27/01/12, 07:19 am

I have to say I just love the noodles. I put them in soup with chopped up beef or chicken and it is like a stew.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   20/01/12, 10:57 am

I think Linda and I both got the Angel Hair ones.

I finely chopped a heaps of herbs with garlic ginger and lemon and fried in
bran oil

Added some fine diced carrot and celery

Added some crystallized onion (I had make up yesterday)

Added 6 prawns soy and fish sauce with a bit of diced cucumber.

The stirred through the noodles

It was really tasty

The noodles took on the taste of the other foods.
Back to top Go down
lynnie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   20/01/12, 10:55 am

Linda

Just had a look on the website and they sound quite good, so interested to hear what you think of them. Which ones did you buy. Lynnie
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   20/01/12, 02:19 am

Delia, I got my noodles today. Trying them tonight!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   17/01/12, 02:00 am

Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   17/01/12, 01:43 am

I don't know if i paid in Aust or USA will have to wait and see I guess on statement.

Last edited by Delia on 17/01/12, 05:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   17/01/12, 01:33 am

The fishy smell washed right out of it had it with all the leafy veggies and bean sprouts and chicken breast and a tad of asian styled flavourings.good hot or cold .kids found it in the fridge so my bowl for foridging when pecky so not temped with the sweet things is no more( well at least they ate all thoughs horriable veggies lol) I dont mind the chew of the product and the veggies way out numbered the noodles may be a bit of putting if the noodle out did the other foods dont know how it would be in a ittalian type dish.
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   17/01/12, 01:25 am

where are the "mirrical " noodles made/ ingreadients from?. Have found a local store that has the same product( I think) shiratalu noodles but are made in jappan..Would rather not glow in the dark if I can get an Aussie produced and made product. Ok they may be safe but just personaly I am not a nucular fan and dont trust governments to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   17/01/12, 12:22 am

Thats great. A bit hot for soup here today. I am looking forward to my miracle noodles arriving. When you paid did you end up paying in us dollars. Mine showed australian and then at the end I was charged more for US dollars.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 08:11 am

The soup is delish.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 01:51 am

If it is given to me or I grow to much of anything I will use it. I will find a way.
I hate to waste.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 01:20 am

I would be happy with any of that other stuff without the chokos! Sorry Delia.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 01:18 am

Thanks Delia. I don't think they are really an option for me, as I don't recall seeing chokos here in Victoria, though I must admit I haven't looked for them either. These days most things are available in most places, for instance I see Durians here in the supermarket, which I'm sure years ago one would only have found outside of Australia.

So choko is almost the vegetable equivalent of apple ie. apple will take on the flavour of whatever it is used with, and can make things go a lot further.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 12:56 am

Losingit that are lots of ways to do choko.
Soup is great.
my fav. is to boil or micro 1/2 choko till tender. Place a slice of cheese on top salt and pepper and place in over till golden.
Just boiled squares then place a white sauce over them.
Bake them.
Throw in a stew.

The choko will take on the flavour of other fruit or vegetables.
Try apple and choko.
Pear and choko.
Strawberry and choko.
Mango and choko.
You can make pies by stewing the above.
Serve with cream icecream or custard.
Just the above stew with the cream icecream or custard.
Choko will make the other fruits go further.
I am sure there are other ways I have not tried.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 12:44 am

Now there's a way for me to lose weight - just eat chokos!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 12:35 am

I was doing weight watchers at the time so I just had them boiled. Bloody awful I must say LOL
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   16/01/12, 12:29 am

First time I had chokos was in Sydney as a teenager, when I stayed with relos. I've always thought they are watery, tasteless things . . . . . . but there must be some way to make then palatable. Perhaps that way is soup. How did you have them Linda?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   15/01/12, 09:31 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chokos. I lived on them in the 70s when we were poor and living in a flat in Brisbane. We were on a around australia trip but our land rover had to have a lot of repairs and we had to stop and work in Brisbane. I couldn't work and live in the van so we had a little 1 bedroom flat under a high set house. The owners lived above and he grew chokos by the million. Coming from WA I had never heard of them. Never hear of them here in Vic either.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   15/01/12, 11:42 am

Sounds lovely Delia, i'm a big soup fan myself. And love that swirl of sour cream at the end....beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   15/01/12, 03:33 am

Off to make choko soup. One of the guys brought me a bag last night.
I love soup hot or cold so they are a staple in the fridge and not many calories.
This season I have had excess of vegetables so have make
Cucumber Soup
Capsicum
Cucumber and eggplant (I did not know how the eggplant would go but was ok)
Tomato
Pumpkin (it has a lot more calories than the others)
Choko today.
I am using vegeta stock powder as the base and always do some onion in oil first. I feel it gives heaps of flavor.
Green vegetable soup is good and so low in calories.

They fill in the spot when I feel hungry and don't give me craving later.
I like then hot or cold and stir in a teaspoon of skim milk powder or a teaspoon of sour cream as I serve it.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   07/01/12, 08:24 am

Thanks linda
we found a doctor here that does it dr whilman i made and appointment and went to see him thursday .
i found him very strange he was like a big kid and when he did the fill he didn't draw the fluid out to make sure he had the right spot like tamaris does he just put .1 of a ml in i could not even feel it neither could john and he had to go searching for sterile water as it was all out of date ! he charged us $100 each .. so i rang this Dr Millers rooms again and spoke at length to thr receptionist and she asures me he is lovely and very welling to take us on and he does ajustments on saturdays which is a bonus to me with my new 9 to 5 job ! so have an appointment on the 18 th febuary.. thank you so much for your help linda i appreciate it very much but shepp is an hour and a half two hour maybe for us so its a bit much .. i was just stressed about tamaris we had no warning no letter or phone call to say what was going on i was worried about if any thing goes wrong what do we do who do we see ?? any way all good now .. cheers sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next